Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Michael's are you getting more gameplay footage from Big Ant studios today?

When the dev played on your last stream, what difficulty was the AI on and how did the dev perform vs AI? There are two things I really want from this game. One is a career mode that makes sense with the right stats leaders and trades and development speed and whatnot. And the other is a challenge. There still hasn't been an AFL game that was a challenge on the highest difficulty, and without introducing my own handicaps to try to make it a challenge the game has become boring.

Sincerely hoping these two things have finally been solved.

Yeah I have to admit, for myself one of the must have features in an AFL career mode is having reserves teams integrated. Not having that would completely remove so much depth from weekly team selection.

Still can get plenty of longevity out of it though if the gameplay is fun and trading/drafting is realistic.
Yeah still bloody keen for it - drafting random computer generated players is fine with me but having the state league integrated would be awesome. Plus I'd just love to slog it out for a Norwood for a seasons and then make the jump to the big league. What will be will be I suppose - if the players were scanned, they may just add it in with a patch or it may just appear on day 1 and they didn't quite realise reserves leagues would have a lot of interest to show pre-release

“For fairness and equity purposes, Xbox have done a crappy job, so we will go ahead and release on PlayStation anyway. If they snooze, they lose.” Yours sincerely, Big Ant Studios
God that is so poor from whoever the Xbox copies are outsourced to. My joke a while ago about them sending them to Austria instead probably isn't completely far-fetched going by how this has turned out. Feel for Big Ant being plonked as the middle man in this

Stefan Giro redemption arc incoming

When the dev played on your last stream, what difficulty was the AI on and how did the dev perform vs AI? There are two things I really want from this game. One is a career mode that makes sense with the right stats leaders and trades and development speed and whatnot. And the other is a challenge. There still hasn't been an AFL game that was a challenge on the highest difficulty, and without introducing my own handicaps to try to make it a challenge the game has become boring.

Sincerely hoping these two things have finally been solved.

From memory I think it was on easy as well, but he was mainly just trying to show me a few of the different moves and kick types that I had asked to see.

He was in control of the game and was up by around 3 or 4 goals at half time (only played a half).

by comparison I was probably a couple of goals down at half time.

So it seemed to be aligned in regards to if you're a a better skilled played you will do well on easy.

My biggest issue watching gameplay was tracking the ball, as it can be hard to see being so small. Any chance we can get a shadow marker on the ground? made it so much easier in the EVO games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This must be the first footy game to not break street date
Probably partly the reason they didn't launch to any other retailers besides JB and EB. Target, Big W etc. would have had it on the street as soon as any stock arrived

A few more sleeps to go (and a lil extra time.e for those of us going digital)

FOOOOOOOTYS back in video game form.

I should have Hawthorn as premiers by Sunday :p
Little extra time for digital? Steam not releasing same day?

From memory I think it was on easy as well, but he was mainly just trying to show me a few of the different moves and kick types that I had asked to see.

He was in control of the game and was up by around 3 or 4 goals at half time (only played a half).

by comparison I was probably a couple of goals down at half time.

So it seemed to be aligned in regards to if you're a a better skilled played you will do well on easy.

If you are doing another gameplay video, would love to see a quarter of gameplay against the hardest AI. Hopefully would give a feel for what the AI is like when not doing the player any favours, would obviously need to be a dev though or it may be a pretty bad watch haha.

Just leave this here😘

In the world of gaming, where Big Ant reigns And players connect through screens and games, There's a man who works to bring them together, JNT BA the community engagement officer.

His job is to bridge the gap, Between developers and the gaming pack, To listen to their feedback and their desires, And to bring their voices to the industry's fires.

With passion and knowledge, he's always on the ball, Helping bigfooty gamers connect and feel less small, Guiding them through the twists and turns, Making sure they have gang tackles and other fun they yearn.

Through forums and social media too, JNT brings a sense of community anew, Bound to share some tips, tricks, and strategies with creators galore, He makes sure gamers never feel alone anymore.

So let's raise a toast to JNT, For all the work he's done for you and me, We salute the man behind the scenes, Who helps make our gaming dreams come true, it seems.

Edit: By chatgpt

Just leave this here😘

In the world of gaming, where fantasy reigns And players connect through screens and games, There's a man who works to bring them together, JNT BA the community engagement officer.

His job is to bridge the gap, Between developers and the gaming pack, To listen to their feedback and their desires, And to bring their voices to the industry's fires.

With passion and knowledge, he's always on the ball, Helping gamers connect and feel less small, Guiding them through the twists and turns, Making sure they have gang tackles and other fun they yearn.

Through forums and social media too, JNT brings a sense of community anew, Bound to share some tips, tricks, and strategies with creators galore, He makes sure gamers never feel alone anymore.

So let's raise a toast to JNT, For all the work he's done for you and me, We salute the man behind the scenes, Who helps make our gaming dreams come true, it seems.

What the actual have f*** you been smoking?

Just leave this here😘

In the world of gaming, where fantasy reigns And players connect through screens and games, There's a man who works to bring them together, JNT BA the community engagement officer.

With passion and knowledge, he's always on the ball, Helping bigfooty gamers connect and feel less small, Guiding them through the twists and turns, Making sure they have gang tackles and other fun they yearn.

Where do you even find this stuff man

Just leave this here

I'm sure they would appreciate it if you weren't still on the ignore list

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Little extra time for digital? Steam not releasing same day?
Unless it's been answered since, this is what we have on Steam release info-
1682900152792.png

1682900130824.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back