Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
What page was the back of the cover posted? Or does anyone still have the picture of it. Would love to see it again
BDD3F46C-2CFE-4490-8F31-CF5D79567263.jpeg
Pasted a large version of the cover as the smaller version is impossible to read . Sorry if this fills people's pages

What page was the back of the cover posted? Or does anyone still have the picture of it. Would love to see it again
View attachment 1664948
All this talk about delays is just gotten a bit out of hand………oh hey look someone posted this in a Facebook messenger group. Obviously it’s the back of a ps4/5 version of the game………..one thing I noticed was the 52gb minimum…….does anyone know if that is similar to other sports games like fifa or madden?

One other thing I saw was ‘no offline mode’ interesting…

I'm sure they would appreciate it if you weren't still on the ignore list

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have an ignore list? News to me.
Any chance of a pdf of the controls ?
We will certainly put the controls up for public view on the support site closer to the launch, as we have done with previous titles.

You guys keep me so busy, I'm trying to make a game here. Too many fun things I laugh at for too long when I catch up on some posts and DM's

Just got back from another camping trip so 40 pages to go through. Writing thoughts down as I read, some may be answered in further pages

Ruck contests being completely edited out is an odd choice.
Lol at the AI just clogging up around the man with the ball.
Lol at Springfield stadium not being in the game and then the dev saying "oh well its not going to be used again" despite being the new home ground of the Lions. Glad to have such a passionate dev.
AI does some really weird things actually. Seems some teleporting, janky animations etc. Should hopefully be fixed with a patch or two.
Glad my criticism of Dustys tats were taken on board.
Still odd that we don't have footage of the game that will be released when its out in 4 days.
Even odder we still don't have confirmations on the game modes and how deep or shallow they are.
Marking seems to be solely based on timing? Positioning should be the key factor imo. Worked really well in Evo 2.

Overall, game looks good. Better than even the cheerleaders here thought it would be. Grats too all of big ant -1 on that. I look forward to renting it from JB.

A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.
Fantastic. Nice of you to wait til a week before release to announce this. 🤣
"Build your favourite AFL or AFLW club into a footballing powerhouse in the Management Career mode, overseeing drafting and player development, you’ll be in full control of your team’s path to the silverware."

Is everyone missing this? Should I bold it?
Go ahead and bold it mate.
I’m happy with this!! Footy probably isn’t the best sport to replicate playing as one player unless you’d play as a midfielder to stay busy! In saying that Ross, will the Legends featured be locked behind Pro Team only or will there be an avenue to incorporate them into Management Mode or even List Manager? Cheers
Bull. I've spent countless hours as a FF in Evo 2. Its great fun and you can easily stay busy. Can also easily just call for the ball if you want it.
FearTheBeard13 actually raises a great question. How much money are we willing to spend on in game purchases to help the Pro Team along after already dropping $79-99 on the game itself.

Personally wouldn’t mind a subscription model (crazy I know) where you pay say, $5 a month to get a box of packs every month. Could be a way to lock people in to monthly payments for a discount on packs?
I would have bankrolled the next game personally if Ross wasn't such a flog. Now he'll get none of my money.
Rumour he is still camping
Its a lot more enjoyable than watching North play.

Its a lot more enjoyable than watching North play.

I might have to follow your lead, my team is no better!

On marking, timing does play a part but you still can jostle for position too like previous versions, I don't think I mentioned that though earlier, apologies.

So we saying that people who have ordered their game on Xbox from jb or the like won’t get it Thursday? Because the game hasn’t arrived? Is that what’s happening

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have an ignore list? News to me.

We will certainly put the controls up for public view on the support site closer to the launch, as we have done with previous titles.

You guys keep me so busy, I'm trying to make a game here. Too many fun things I laugh at for too long when I catch up on some posts and DM's
There's a support site?!

Braxton Family Values Drama GIF by WE tv

Starting to get concerned about the player ratings and how it will impact career mode. Based on the submission build we saw in the video there just isn't enough ratings variance between absolute stars, solid B graders and depth.

I'm also concerned about the high ratings given to recently delisted AFL players and retirees. I'd hate to see them dominate the mid-season draft and national draft each time you play through your first season.

Would love for Big Ant to release on Thursday a deep dive blog or video on how career mode works. I don't feel like that is too much to ask given its a flagship game mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EB: Out 4th May on PlayStation. "Coming Soon" on Xbox

All those contracts Ross mentioned about parity and whatnot no longer valid?
Was wondering this too. Why was it a no no to release it a few weeks ago but now its fine?

um it does say on the eb website for both consoles pre order for may the 4th so don't know where you got this from
EB sent an email out this morning saying Xbox was coming soon and PS5/PS4 would release 4 May . You can pre-order Xbox by the sounds of it but they aren't guaranteeing you'll be able to buy in store or receive it on the 4th

Was wondering this too. Why was it a no no to release it a few weeks ago but now its fine?
Guessing it's probably just that EB/JB have some copies to fulfill early pre-orders, and that's enough for it to go ahead for now

Good for you 👍🏼 as I said to the other guy who was complaining about it not being in AFL 23, by all means go back and keep enjoying it in Evo 2 then. 🤷🏻‍♂️

BigAnt have openly indicated their intent to get the mode into future versions of the game so clearly value it as well.

Gonna be tough for Geelong fans not knowing who is a Geelong Falcon or not ;)

In twisties video where he selected Oscar Mcdonald, it would've been nice to see VFL - Williamstown. Surely league and club can be added pretty easily?

Still a bit dissapointed that we are only drafting on position and rating. How are we to know how they've gone in state leagues so far throughout the career mode? Would be nice for some stats to be added like averages. Maybe something like Madden where you select a player and are taken to their profile page with their university, grades, combine results, before having the option to draft them. Here it seems the only option is to select, not find out anything else about the player.

View attachment 1674940
Jeez some of those ratings aren't great, Sydney Stack can't even crack Perth Demons league side.

One thing i noticed in Twisties Video a lot like AFL Evo when simulating games players getting unrealistic stats little bit concerning

BigAnt have openly indicated their intent to get the mode into future versions of the game so clearly value it as well.

Of course and I want it in future versions too however my point is that its already been announced that it won’t be included in the game and its beyond Big Ant’s control so lets hope next time around the mode is better then we’ve ever seen it previously.

Of course and I want it in future versions too however my point is that its already been announced that it won’t be included in the game and its beyond Big Ant’s control so lets hope next time around the mode is better then we’ve ever seen it previously.
Happy with the be-a-pro/career mode missing this version as long as management mode is in depth and doesn't suffer for the pro mode too. Fingers crossed Michaels can ease some of our concerns when he sees the release version this week

Last edited:
Happy with the be-a-pro/career mode missing this version as long as management mode is in depth and doesn't suffer for the pro mode too. Fingers crossed Michaels can ease some of our concerns when he sees the release version this week
Or I could just be patient and wait 3 days....

not my job GIF

I'll bite: I was disappointed that solo career mode was shelved in favour of a Pro Mode with micro transactions I have no desire to play (and probably won't). Whilst I can see and understand the reasoning for it, I am disappointed and understand I am likely to be in the minority for this. Probably means after a few games to get the hang of it, coach mode will be the one I'll play the most.

As an Xbox guy I really hope my local EB has some in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back