Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
View attachment 1640982

That’s JNT’s reply to my question about real names for state league players. “Certainly talking about this more later” HOPES UP. I would imagine whatever it is will apply for U18s as well

Yeah fair enough. If they do have licensed state and under 18 players in the game that's awesome and it'll be a welcome surprise.

I just think it would be smart that if they weren't in the game to clarify now to avoid any disappointment haha

Correct, Ross wants to launch it with legends however. I’m all for that. Gives us enough time to get stuck into career and general online in anticipation!
Ah gotcha. Missed that bit. Would definitely make a bigger splash.

For a 31 year old man, I compare the excitement to a 7 year old boy at Christmas time!
I am in the spare bed tonight as my Mrs has cracked it with my AFL 23 talk!
Does she have PTSD of "Holy Grail" and "Last Ones Standing" as bad as mine does?

I hope the Legends are from the early 2000s era (2000-2004). How many legends do we expect there to be per club?

Aker, Lynch, Brown and Voss would be my picks for Lions

I believe I heard Ross mention that you can even start out as a 14 year old and build yourself up to the AFL.
Ooh that would be fun. I recall DBC17 had fake local cricket clubs and honestly I didn’t mind that the clubs weren’t real because it was obviously real suburbs and you could pick the area of Australia you were playing in, so picking Victoria as my Shield side meant I could pick a suburb from Melbourne as my local club. Would be awesome if I could pick the Northern Knights as my U/18 club and it’d let me pick a suburb from northern Melbourne as my local club.

We use a high-def geological scanner to scan the uniforms while worn by manikins to get the "wrinkles".
Ross!!!! You can only make me so jealous!

Does she have PTSD of "Holy Grail" and "Last Ones Standing" as bad as mine does?
Over Christmas, we were doing our annual drive to Wallaroo. Once you're up in the Yorkes, FM radio drops out and the wife isn't a fan of my metal, so we flick on Cruise AM radio. We're driving along, listening to some old bangers, calm as anything. Next thing, Holy Grail comes on. INSTANT change of mood and she's fired up telling me to turn it off and put my metal on instead. It's now just dawned on me what that trigger was 🤣

Over Christmas, we were doing our annual drive to Wallaroo. Once you're up in the Yorkes, FM radio drops out and the wife isn't a fan of my metal, so we flick on Cruise AM radio. We're driving along, listening to some old bangers, calm as anything. Next thing, Holy Grail comes on. INSTANT change of mood and she's fired up telling me to turn it off and put my metal on instead. It's now just dawned on me what that trigger was 🤣

Man there’s not many songs that really invoke much memory/emotion in me, but holy grail definitely does. Who’s gonna get to work putting together “The official unnofficial BigFooty AFL 23 sounds of September soundtrack” Spotify playlist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first thing I'm doing is turning Luke Jackson's marking stat to 0.

Luke Jackson Try to Take a Mark Challenge (Impossible)

Wallaroo is great... beautiful part of the YP.

Anybody not like the name 'Star Team' for the ultimate team mode?

Feel like it could be called something better.
Considering that the best two names for a mode like that have already been taken in Ultimate Team and MyTeam. It's a bit hard to find a name that gives off the same vibe but yeah, It's not the best name. But if that ends up the worst thing in the game, We've probably got a good game here.

Considering that the best two names for a mode like that have already been taken in Ultimate Team and MyTeam. It's a bit hard to find a name that gives off the same vibe but yeah, It's not the best name. But if that ends up the worst thing in the game, We've probably got a good game here.
Dream Team, not sure why that branding went away from fantasy though

Watching the gameplay footage available is just painful. Not only is it potato quality, one of the guys clearly doesn't know a thing about AFL. He refers to umpires as "refs" and asks what he's doing wrong to lose every single "whatever that's called" when referring to ruck contests.

It's beyond a joke we don't have actual captured footage of someone who has experience with the game playing it. Because, right now, the gameplay is made to look awful and we just have to take BigAnt's word that it is better than that. Why not prove it?

Watching the gameplay footage available is just painful. Not only is it potato quality, one of the guys clearly doesn't know a thing about AFL. He refers to umpires as "refs" and asks what he's doing wrong to lose every single "whatever that's called" when referring to ruck contests.

It's beyond a joke we don't have actual captured footage of someone who has experience with the game playing it. Because, right now, the gameplay is made to look awful and we just have to take BigAnt's word that it is better than that. Why not prove it?
good call interesting apparently the build they where playing on was quiet old also which is weird 5-6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back