AFL Cairns - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week and counting and still no news of the scores on the cairns afl website! Have had people from all over the coutry ask about why they are not up, how do I find out the scores etc. You would reckon a write up of each game along with best, goalkickers etc wouldn't be stretch of their talents would it? Good advertising AFL Cairns- you guys are the best!

Some who work there couldn't run a chook raffle let alone a computer. Yes I agree torp, it isn't good enough. However you must take into account they don't have much time to do these things. Morning coffee, then morning tea, extended lunch breaks, devonshire teas in the arvo, general chit-chat about what they do in their social life and it only leaves about eight minutes to complete their tasks. Now you know as good as I that it takes about 10 minutes to write a match report, that means 60 minutes if you include the ressies. This being a short week due to easter means they would have only had 32 minutes work time to complete it. They will not submit some, they will wait until all match reports are completed before they enter it. Also they would have knocked off at lunch time on Thurs due to the easter break. When you take this into account torp, one can understand and forgive them for their lack of eye to detail as they are so over worked their stress levels must be at breaking point. For goodness sake people give them a little slack.:rolleyes:

Some who work there couldn't run a chook raffle let alone a computer. Yes I agree torp, it isn't good enough. However you must take into account they don't have much time to do these things. Morning coffee, then morning tea, extended lunch breaks, devonshire teas in the arvo, general chit-chat about what they do in their social life and it only leaves about eight minutes to complete their tasks. Now you know as good as I that it takes about 10 minutes to write a match report, that means 60 minutes if you include the ressies. This being a short week due to easter means they would have only had 32 minutes work time to complete it. They will not submit some, they will wait until all match reports are completed before they enter it. Also they would have knocked off at lunch time on Thurs due to the easter break. When you take this into account torp, one can understand and forgive them for their lack of eye to detail as they are so over worked their stress levels must be at breaking point. For goodness sake people give them a little slack.:rolleyes:
A match report on the ressies. Give me a break. The ressies are lucky enough just to get the scores in the paper let alone a write up. I understand the seniors is the major part of the comp but there are people out there who care about reserves football. It wouldnt be hard to give the best players and goal kickers for the ressies games to the paper and website surely.

Goatie I think I just pissed myself! haha, so funny coz it's all true! Love ya work mate. And Lachrilly I agree totally, all scores should be in the paper, but at very least on the Leagues website! Right who's gonna stick a rocket up these buffoons backsides?! Let's synchronise phone calls to them on Tuesday, if they get enough calls in one day maybe, just maybe something will happen. Just don't call between the hours of 10.30am and 3.30pm, that's lunchtime.

Was at the game. There was some cheap shots by Cobras and the tribunal has dealt with it so lets move on from that topic.Souths did look ordinary, having said that, they are rebuilding. It will take several years I fear, after Daniels taking players and the club is in trouble financially caused by you know who. Tried to buy a flag and it didn't work. One good thing in their favour is that they have a good committee and some excellent workers. They are playing a lot of kids so let's not be to harsh.:cool:

Has there been any mention of Ryan Peace, sleeping with his teammates girlfriends, Im led to believe thats why alot of the players left, and it has gone on again, Joey Morrison to A Wanders, and they both have left, are we all missing the real reason here:D:D:D

Has there been any mention of Ryan Peace, sleeping with his teammates girlfriends, Im led to believe thats why alot of the players left, and it has gone on again, Joey Morrison to A Wanders, and they both have left, are we all missing the real reason here:D:D:D

Is there any need to bring this up,must be everyone get into Souths week, Last year the Port Douglas Football club cut back on spending, a number of players and there coach left, they struggled last year, saved and from all accounts[ will find out on saturday] have picked up again and will be strong. We at Souths are not in turmoil, we have decided not to pay players this year, and play the kids, and put some dollars away , yes we have had ago over the last 5 years and yes we have failed, so its time to give the kids ago. Whats really disapointing is some players we did look after walked once we stop paying, but hey thats footy and we move on. This is an open forum and people can make up what stories they want but we withen the club should no,as for Steve taking players thats of the mark, and as for bringing up players sleeping with players girlfriends well gee we are really getting low on insults arnt we, but hey as some said, its our turn to cop it and you will find the loyal and hard working commitee will, and next year we hope to be right back up there and amongst the top couple, do you think we could move on from all this and talk footy, and leave the insults out.:)

Is there any need to bring this up,must be everyone get into Souths week, Last year the Port Douglas Football club cut back on spending, a number of players and there coach left, they struggled last year, saved and from all accounts[ will find out on saturday] have picked up again and will be strong. We at Souths are not in turmoil, we have decided not to pay players this year, and play the kids, and put some dollars away , yes we have had ago over the last 5 years and yes we have failed, so its time to give the kids ago. Whats really disapointing is some players we did look after walked once we stop paying, but hey thats footy and we move on. This is an open forum and people can make up what stories they want but we withen the club should no,as for Steve taking players thats of the mark, and as for bringing up players sleeping with players girlfriends well gee we are really getting low on insults arnt we, but hey as some said, its our turn to cop it and you will find the loyal and hard working commitee will, and next year we hope to be right back up there and amongst the top couple, do you think we could move on from all this and talk footy, and leave the insults out.:)

Mate I dont insult, and I dont make stuff up, all I said is there was players sleeping with other team mates girlfriends, and that is why Price, Cannard, Koefed, Morrison, Wanders are no longer at Banjo Park, then Price king hit Peace at a pub up there and the club was split all last year. And of coarse thats why so many left as well.

Mate I dont insult, and I dont make stuff up, all I said is there was players sleeping with other team mates girlfriends, and that is why Price, Cannard, Koefed, Morrison, Wanders are no longer at Banjo Park, then Price king hit Peace at a pub up there and the club was split all last year. And of coarse thats why so many left as well.

Must be a slow day for you, no one to stir up on the southern sites ????

dragging up olde-- olde-- olde-- news again, from last year give it a rest will

ya and talk about football or were you jealous you missed out :eek:

Geez, that must have done some damage, he couldnt knock a sausage off a bbq.

this talk of players rooting missuses etc, is a bit below the belt, but hey if the shoe fits.....

You souths people on here ,dont expect too much sympathy from the rest of the comp. All the expanded egos , the pretend tough men and the chronic underperformers with big gobs might have been overlooked and unknown to you down at banjo park in the past, but 2010 is when reality will bite....and hard.....and often.

I see the Tablelands Pythons juniors aren't around anymore. What's happening with the development of the game in the Atherton/Tablelands area?

Must be a slow day for you, no one to stir up on the southern sites ????

dragging up olde-- olde-- olde-- news again, from last year give it a rest will

ya and talk about football or were you jealous you missed out :eek:

Thanks thats all i wanted to hear, it is tue it happened

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard a rumour that the big fella (WEETRA) from hawks has retired big lose if its true[/quote

his name has been submitted to play, maybe retiring later ???

He would have much left in him anyway would he? I hear Hawks had an ex AFL player ( Ben Fixter) that walked out on his club contract down south, only for him to accept a sly centrals offer out from under them? Fairly poor, although a huge get for centrals.

my tips for the round:
HAWKS
CITY
PORT by plenty!

Went down to Fretwell Park for a look today. Afraid to say it will be a long winter for Souths fans with very little good points to take out of today's 99pt loss to Port. And even though their 2's had an easy win their wasn't much in that team to come up if needed i'm afraid. Port will have to hope their senior side stay fit cause their 2's were very ordinary. Both teams had alot of older players with Port only fielding 17 for the game in the ressies. Overall Port looked ok with plenty of forward targets and Beetham having 58 possies. Souths well the less said the better.

Rumours are true - Ehlich is a Hawk and look out for the Hawks in 2010! 50 on the track last week and when you see players of the calibre of Rundle, Warren, Alick, Ehlich, Miller, the weetra connection, Scryma, Capt Buller and an abundance of youth, you would think they will be a force to be reckoned with in 2010. Someone show me a better midfield!

- Emma's Delight
if thats the best midfield wel the hawks in trouble,most should b in the masters plus the money men have no heart,got hit to hard today,weak as piss to many girls,should have took the money at other clubs that u were chasing,shame on u, u gun midfield.

if thats the best midfield wel the hawks in trouble,most should b in the masters plus the money men have no heart,got hit to hard today,weak as piss to many girls,should have took the money at other clubs that u were chasing,shame on u, u gun midfield.

I went to that game, got there in the 2nd term. Spoke to both coaches after the game, mick seymour said centrals had only 1 out in bartlett, while griffiths said they had 10 to push for senior selection, 8 of which are a walk up start. I checked and sure enough hawks had 8 out from the side that beat saints! They kicked 8 points straight in the last quarter as centrals kicked 4 from the only 4 times it went forward to overtake them in the final minutes. So they have nearly won with half a reserves side? Now I'm not biased as I dont go for either team but, with 8 or 10 to come in I think its fair to say centrals won't know what hit em the next time they meet. Port trounced souths and I see cities beat Norths by a few. Who's the big lad at full forward for port?

I went to that game, got there in the 2nd term. Spoke to both coaches after the game, mick seymour said centrals had only 1 out in bartlett, while griffiths said they had 10 to push for senior selection, 8 of which are a walk up start. I checked and sure enough hawks had 8 out from the side that beat saints! They kicked 8 points straight in the last quarter as centrals kicked 4 from the only 4 times it went forward to overtake them in the final minutes. So they have nearly won with half a reserves side? Now I'm not biased as I dont go for either team but, with 8 or 10 to come in I think its fair to say centrals won't know what hit em the next time they meet. Port trounced souths and I see cities beat Norths by a few. Who's the big lad at full forward for port?

Matt Shaw his name is. Kicked a few and looked ok but was goal hungry and against a good side will struggle i reckon

Matt Shaw his name is. Kicked a few and looked ok but was goal hungry and against a good side will struggle i reckon

agree we are going to struggle after that performance yesterday had no answer to them :(, well enough said,
was drinking down at the can bar, at one stage plenty supporters next minute only committee around, not good when our own cheer squad walks out :eek:

agree we are going to struggle after that performance yesterday had no answer to them :(, well enough said,
was drinking down at the can bar, at one stage plenty supporters next minute only committee around, not good when our own cheer squad walks out :eek:

Every team goes through it Tamba its the good teams/clubs that come out the other end. I was part of it a few years ago in my home state. They are just starting to come good now 3yrs on

wrong info bother in next week for centrals t bartlett,fullforward,c bartlett centre half forward plus ben fixter from sydney where ever he wants to play,get the cash book back out hawks

wrong info bother in next week for centrals t bartlett,fullforward,c bartlett centre half forward plus ben fixter from sydney where ever he wants to play,get the cash book back out hawks

Yeah I heard that centrals poached fixter out from under the hawks nose, fairly poor form I would have thought, but, that's footy. I can't see Bartlett doing alot to change the result next time they meet. I mean he isn't 8 players is he. I'm not trying to stir you up redcard, just telling how I see it. Anyway Saints have picked up another couple to their growing list!

Yep, hawks have got a fair few to come back in, as well as a few players still getting eased back into it (for example K. Rundles first game for the season). Should be there abouts this year.

Yeah I heard that centrals poached fixter out from under the hawks nose, fairly poor form I would have thought, but, that's footy. I can't see Bartlett doing alot to change the result next time they meet. I mean he isn't 8 players is he. I'm not trying to stir you up redcard, just telling how I see it. Anyway Saints have picked up another couple to their growing list!
Another perspective, most players talk to all clubs when they come up this way. Unfortunately the dollar talks and gets most of them, work also helps. Souths talked to many players this off season who now play for other clubs. You even get players enquiring with other clubs, to bolster their chances of getting more coin out of their own clubs, sad but it happens. I'm not convinced that it's poaching, more so the fatter the wallet the more chance of recruiting well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back