AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

As per the fish & chip wrapper today, it must have cost the Bulldogs a small arm & leg, let alone all the conning of the sponsors to bring these players up from down south,

I wonder why????

why did the players in question not try to be part of a triple premiership ?????
(I did in my junior days & was trilled by wins)

unless the COIN was too great to pass up. Then that is the case of money speaking again, mmmmmmm

So which means then has T. Lane been authorized to try to BUY a G.F , mmmmm

Sherlock Holmes where are you, we have a mystery

Tamba my old friend, coin wouldn't be involved. I reckon they might be on incentive payments and not being paid at all. ;););)

The Cutters Ressies are looking good and I'll go out on a limb and will say that I expect they'll be in the grand final.[/quote]

So they are dropping senior players back because they can't make the finals??? Would have to drop a few back because in the 2s Port and Saints are way ahead of the rest

Expect nothing less of Lachrilly Teamwork. He has it down to an art form.

My statement is 100% on the money. Both Souths and Port thought it was won b4 the day and looked what happened.It didn't matter who beat them (It was Saints both times). When a team you support wins 3 flags in a row you can be a bit cocky i think. Saints will be there abouts this year. I think it will be tough to knock off Hawks or Port but if Hawks play like they did in the first half and Port the way they did in the 2nd, Saints will pounce.
Considering nobody likes what i post anyway i might aswell say it as it is.
Attack Sains all you like i wont sook about it like some other people on here.

Lachrilly obviously saints were flying early in the season... Y do u think they r in a bit of a form slump atm? And do u think they r a chance 2 turn it rnd like in rescent years?

Lachrilly obviously saints were flying early in the season... Y do u think they r in a bit of a form slump atm? And do u think they r a chance 2 turn it rnd like in rescent years?

Saints got off to a good start because they were reasonably healthy, minus Walsh of course. They lost McIntee early for the season then Coatsworth has struggled with injury now Powell and Poyner will miss most of the second half of the year. Walsh is back now but still not 100%. Hawks have obviously improved since the start of the year as they always do and Port still have a few to come back.I think Hawks are still the favourites by far but Saints and Port will be there come the pointy end and i think its the closest the comp has been for a few years. Any of the top 3 can win it. Everyone has had injuries and i think who ever has their best available come finals will win it.

The Cutters Ressies are looking good and I'll go out on a limb and will say that I expect they'll be in the grand final.[/quote]

So they are dropping senior players back because they can't make the finals??? Would have to drop a few back because in the 2s Port and Saints are way ahead of the rest

I can assure you of one thing good Doctor, no one has been dropped into Ressies. In fact, they have been promoted into the Senior team. When you have the likes of Gary Wilson coming out of retirement to play, I can assure you, you couldn't be any further off the mark if you tried. This team of blokes who only play footy because they love it (yes that's right, they still exist) and not because of any other reason. These blokes are playing and enjoy playing in their playing group and nothing else. As I said previously, I expect them to be in the grand final and it will be through sheer heart that they are there.

My statement is 100% on the money. Both Souths and Port thought it was won b4 the day and looked what happened.It didn't matter who beat them (It was Saints both times). When a team you support wins 3 flags in a row you can be a bit cocky i think. Saints will be there abouts this year. I think it will be tough to knock off Hawks or Port but if Hawks play like they did in the first half and Port the way they did in the 2nd, Saints will pounce.
Considering nobody likes what i post anyway i might aswell say it as it is.
Attack Sains all you like i wont sook about it like some other people on here.

Excuse me Lachrilly while I cough (cough, cough). Are you serious?

Excuse me Lachrilly while I cough (cough, cough). Are you serious?

Saints pretty much only get attacked for paying players. This ones been done to death. Any slight bad thing said about Souths or Hawks gets whoever said it an earful even if its true

Souths won't & never have in my time with them, they only use the lads that were always Reserve players

BUT in saying that the Penguin & I were chin wagging this morning & still are of the same opinion that OUR club has & will always put the Best Senior side on the paddock each week from available players, we see that rule at the club will not change in the foreseeable future.

Well my tips were almost right this week. I heard Norths took it right up to Centrals. I was told that Port stopped playing, were there own worst enemy and lost interest. As for the Cutters V Lions game, by half time I was bored and went in and sat at the bar occasionally looking out to check the score. Clearly, the poor Lions were down in numbers and at least half a dozen played two games of footy. I can at least say I know how the Lions fans feel. It was gut wrenching watching the Cutters go through it last year. I will also go on the record to say "the umpiring was of a higher standard than normal". I thought the two field umpires did well and young Mr Burke probably had his best game in the last 3 years. Ok, you can all pick yourselves up off the floor now. The Cutters Ressies are looking good and I'll go out on a limb and will say that I expect they'll be in the grand final.

The bar sales went up when Flintstone went back to the inside bar :D

& the can bar downstairs got a flogging from me as well, :eek::eek::eek:

I did little of cheering like I normally do with my foghorn voice, but polite clapping of the goals, ;)

Souths won't & never have in my time with them, they only use the lads that were always Reserve players

BUT in saying that the Penguin & I were chin wagging this morning & still are of the same opinion that OUR club has & will always put the Best Senior side on the paddock each week from available players, we see that rule at the club will not change in the foreseeable future.

Thats how it should be. But there are always clubs in all leagues that drop players back once their seniors cant make it. Saying that i think it should be harder to qualify. I think its if you have played 3 senior games you need to play at least 5 in the 2's.

Lachrilly are poyner and Powell likely 2 b healthy by finals? and whatabout coatesworth is it his hamstring giving him trouble?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats how it should be. But there are always clubs in all leagues that drop players back once their seniors cant make it. Saying that i think it should be harder to qualify. I think its if you have played 3 senior games you need to play at least 5 in the 2's.

harder to qualify?? what about the fringe players who play ones all yr and then get dropped come finals because the seniors get their full list back? know this will be the case at saints and I'm sure hawks and port are in the same boat..

As for saints Harth, Ridges, Powell, Poynter, Cockfield will be all right come finals time.. and coatsworth's Hammy is fine.. Parson's however will be unlikely to make it back this season

harder to qualify?? what about the fringe players who play ones all yr and then get dropped come finals because the seniors get their full list back? know this will be the case at saints and I'm sure hawks and port are in the same boat..

As for saints Harth, Ridges, Powell, Poynter, Cockfield will be all right come finals time.. and coatsworth's Hammy is fine.. Parson's however will be unlikely to make it back this season

If they play 1's all year and get dropped then they can play 2's because their seniors are obviously in the finals 2. Powell and Poyner will be back but underdone no doubt and Parsons will be a massive loss if he can't play again this year

Saints pretty much only get attacked for paying players. This ones been done to death. Any slight bad thing said about Souths or Hawks gets whoever said it an earful even if its true

It's called being passionate about you're club Lachrilly. There have been numerous times when you have leapt to the defence of your precious Saints. So don't come the raw prawn with us and start telling furphies on here my friend.

So is that y all the souths u18s are jumping ship after this season if they haven't already... Passion?

Should be a different game than last time between Hawks and Saints this week. Although it seems that Saintsstill have a few out.

Should be a different game than last time between Hawks and Saints this week. Although it seems that Saintsstill have a few out.

I'm sure Saints will be keen to put in a better show than last time.Watching Hawks in the first half last week, It showed that Hawks can be beaten if played the right way. Saints will still have a few missing as will Hawks no doubt but will give themselves every chance of winning.
Heard an add for this weekends games on the radio. It said that Port were hosting an inform Souths. Not sure where they got there info on Souths from but they are hardly inform

I'm sure Saints will be keen to put in a better show than last time.Watching Hawks in the first half last week, It showed that Hawks can be beaten if played the right way. Saints will still have a few missing as will Hawks no doubt but will give themselves every chance of winning.
Heard an add for this weekends games on the radio. It said that Port were hosting an inform Souths. Not sure where they got there info on Souths from but they are hardly inform

As oppose to an out of form Saints. I guess that's what they mean Lachrilly.

So is that y all the souths u18s are jumping ship after this season if they haven't already... Passion?

Well you're obviously in the know ShowNtell, who are they and when are they going??? If there are players leaving, good luck to them and the clubs they go to as 8 pointers. There are also other items/issues that will need to be settled before they even look like getting a transfer.:eek::eek::eek:

Wouldn't have thought there'd be many Under 18's who weren't already playing seniors that would be worth 8 points.

I hope these players aren't lost to the game though.

One thing about the points system, what if 5 or 6 of those U18s wanted to go to Lions, if they wouldn't get a game at Souths (perhaps even in the 2s) but would get a game in the Lions 1sts. Can they not do that because of the points system?

Is there any flexibility in the rules so that Lions could perhaps pick up 5 or 6 players from various clubs reserves or 18s to make their seniors at least a little bit competitive, which we'd all like to see.

Wouldn't have thought there'd be many Under 18's who weren't already playing seniors that would be worth 8 points.

I hope these players aren't lost to the game though.

One thing about the points system, what if 5 or 6 of those U18s wanted to go to Lions, if they wouldn't get a game at Souths (perhaps even in the 2s) but would get a game in the Lions 1sts. Can they not do that because of the points system?

Is there any flexibility in the rules so that Lions could perhaps pick up 5 or 6 players from various clubs reserves or 18s to make their seniors at least a little bit competitive, which we'd all like to see.

Unfortunately there were no provision put in place for this to occur, if they leave then as per the rules they are 8 pointers for 3 years then reduce down,. This was stipulated to stop clubs raiding junior ranks of other clubs as it was a bone of contention in the mid 2000's, all clubs agreed with it then, some not overly happy, Souths were being raided then so was another club.We lost a great junior in Rod North as this was being brought in, but he managed to duck the points, from memory it came in the next season after the Hawks & Tyson Lane enticed him over on the pretense of having an under 18 side which they didn't do for another couple seasons later.

As oppose to an out of form Saints. I guess that's what they mean Lachrilly.

I thought you might say that and it was too late by the time i thought of it. Saints are out of touch at the moment also but have been winning games while not playing well. I suppose Souths have won 2 of their past 11. Both against Lions. So thats decent form i guess. Not bagging Souths its just what the guy on the radio said. Must have just looked at last weeks results

As a hawks supporter I enjoyed watching the past weekends game vs port. I enjoyed it because we got the win. It's always exciting to see your team come back and take the lead then continue to the final hooter in front. There was a real goose running around out there wearing no. 19 for port. There was a hawks player down injured in Damien roe and he was laughing calling him weak and pumping his players up by pointing out this injured Player what a tool.

Hawks get on these rolls and look good too working as a team never relying on any 1 team member "even though Lucas is a gun".
I will say Luke Powell made a huge impact hanging around the back line as I feel if he was not there to get in the way of shaw there would have been more points on the board for port. The full back marking shaw has no idea what to do when it comes to a quality full forward. he is young so I won't comment to harshly but I will say he WILL lose the hawks close games due to his lack of positioning and no physical presents. Hopefully it's not a final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back