AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Pittorino in the reserves. If Hawks are relying on Booth to kick a bag then they are in trouble. Pittorino is a big game player. Silly Hawks.
Willy & Lenny need big games. Both struggled in the 2nd semi.

My kiss of Death

Hawks 7points in the seniors

Port in reserves if they don't start arrogant .

if so a large score by Hawks will be the result

Great News Plugg3r

well done to all concerned enjoy the triumph Hawks :thumbsu:

Well well well. It all pans out eventually. Dr Saint Lachery will be dissapointed at this result.
Anyway great result for Hawks, they were the best teams on the day so a job well done.
Well done to Saints who had another great year and Port in the '1 & 2's

Congratulations Manunda Hawks AFC

P.s Last 6 years - Hawks 3 - Saints 3 who would of thought this???

Many doubted us, but victory is never sweeter than when labelled the underdog. Well done to both the reserves and senior Manunda Hawks team of 2011.

Many doubted us, but victory is never sweeter than when labelled the underdog. Well done to both the reserves and senior Manunda Hawks team of 2011.

Well done to the Mighty Hawks. I was there and seen both games and the Hawks thoroughly deserved both wins. In saying all that, I do have to take some credit. I gave Port and Saints the "Kiss of Death". I said to my son when the final siren sounded, that's the way you win a grand final. And can you believe I didn't have a beer until I got home and then I only had one stubby (can you believe that Tamba???:eek::eek::eek:) but I did go to bed with a smile on my face.

Hawks were very very good on Saturday. They didn't give Saints an inch all day and I hate to say it, but it has to be said that the Saints were both out played and out coached. Am pretty sure Andy Viola should post his coaches award to Manunda Hawks, care of Paul Griffith.

As much as I thought we were home and hosed, don't you worry about the sainters, we will be back bigger and better than ever in 2012!

Hawks were very very good on Saturday. They didn't give Saints an inch all day and I hate to say it, but it has to be said that the Saints were both out played and out coached. Am pretty sure Andy Viola should post his coaches award to Manunda Hawks, care of Paul Griffith.

As much as I thought we were home and hosed, don't you worry about the sainters, we will be back bigger and better than ever in 2012!

Couldn't agree more. Viola shouldn't have got it in the first place. If the Hawks can keep their player base together for next season, they could go back to back. They certainly showed they have the depth. I wonder if Gavin Miller had a sour taste in his mouth (thinking about what may have been if he was still at the Hawks) on Saturday night.

Well done to the Mighty Hawks. I was there and seen both games and the Hawks thoroughly deserved both wins. In saying all that, I do have to take some credit. I gave Port and Saints the "Kiss of Death". I said to my son when the final siren sounded, that's the way you win a grand final. And can you believe I didn't have a beer until I got home and then I only had one stubby (can you believe that Tamba???:eek::eek::eek:) but I did go to bed with a smile on my face.

What the ????????? :eek:

You made me splutter my glass of Shiraz :( no beers till ya got home :thumbsdown:

Whats goin on young fella :cool:

Why is Pittorino in the reserves. If Hawks are relying on Booth to kick a bag then they are in trouble. Pittorino is a big game player. Silly Hawks.
Willy & Lenny need big games. Both struggled in the semi

I guess you're not the genius you thought you were kickthballlong..

Hope you enjoyed the game!

Couldn't agree more. Viola shouldn't have got it in the first place. If the Hawks can keep their player base together for next season, they could go back to back. They certainly showed they have the depth. I wonder if Gavin Miller had a sour taste in his mouth (thinking about what may have been if he was still at the Hawks) on Saturday night.

Congrats to Manunda Hawks AFC a very spirited effort in both games. Having been a spectator at the last two GF's, the very common theme is that the week off for the last two gf's has really influenced the way teams 'fire up' and arrive ready to play come the GF. Port choked last year and beaten by a team who wanted it more, in saints and this year the '4 in a row' saints were out classed by a very spirited Hawks line up.

Can anyone shed light on whether AFL Cairns will take action on the fighting in the grandstand?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to feel for Joey Morrison from Saints, i was told he has played in 3 GF's in Cairns, 2 with souths and 1 with saints and lost all 3? Is this true or rubbish spoken after too many beers in the stand?>??

Well Mad Monday is now officially over. The year was well worth it ;)

I have read through a number of older messages and as passionate as you are about your team plugg3r it is nice to see some of the 'other' users eat humble pie! Hawks played the best on the day and it was nice to see on Saturday the team who wants it more can beat a team ' expected to win'. No offence to Hawks but Saints were the expected winners but can hold their heads high on yet another good season

There was fighting in the grandstand? First I've heard of this...

Don't know about the fighting but I did see some Saints supporters playing with the fire hose and there was a bit of a gathering accumulating. Police were called in but it seemed to settle very fast.

As for Joey Morrison, the comment made is correct. Joey went to Saints chasing a premiership and came off second best.

I can't believe how quiet it is on here. The Saints supporters have been very quiet. Not even a congratulatory message to the Hawks. You guys aren't having a sulk are you???

I can't believe how quiet it is on here. The Saints supporters have been very quiet. Not even a congratulatory message to the Hawks. You guys aren't having a sulk are you???

Maybe they are using the old line "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" line??

Maybe they are using the old line "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" line??

Saints players and supporters have been busy drowning their sorrows so i doubt anyone has been near a computer in the last 3 days. Well done to Hawks seniors they were the best team all season, as for the twos well it shows it only takes one day to win a flag.

Saints players and supporters have been busy drowning their sorrows so i doubt anyone has been near a computer in the last 3 days. Well done to Hawks seniors they were the best team all season, as for the twos well it shows it only takes one day to win a flag.

Oh indeed, we've seen them around town ;)

Surprise results but well done to Manunda, played great footy in both games and can't take anything away from them. In the seniors, Saints had no answers for the Hawks midfield. The forwards did the job and the backs held the Saints goal scoring very well. My only question, although Lucas played well I did not have him as best on. But we could say the same for every Grand Final we watch. NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM HIM. Just saying a dozen players could have been B.O.G.

Who took the slab Tamba?

Heard already that Griffiths is off, but he isn't heading that far away... . I heard rumours (word of the next 4 months) also that Booth is gone but this is due to work.

Coatesworth also gone, as is Viola and Adams. I hope there are some jobs available in Cairns next year...

Surprise results but well done to Manunda, played great footy in both games and can't take anything away from them. In the seniors, Saints had no answers for the Hawks midfield. The forwards did the job and the backs held the Saints goal scoring very well. My only question, although Lucas played well I did not have him as best on. But we could say the same for every Grand Final we watch. NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM HIM. Just saying a dozen players could have been B.O.G.

Who took the slab Tamba?

Heard already that Griffiths is off, but he isn't heading that far away... . I heard rumours (word of the next 4 months) also that Booth is gone but this is due to work.

Coatesworth also gone, as is Viola and Adams. I hope there are some jobs available in Cairns next year...

Some close ones there

I went Shaw (PD) & Hawks

Saint, Dr Kimble & Lachrilly tipped Smith (PD) & Saints

only two of us got the umpire Koch

unfortunately no one got up

so it will carry over next season or -------maybe the pre-season ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back