AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pittirino - Long time club man and FF.
Booth - Moving back to WA
Wray - Unknown, but haven't seen him ever play as a backman.
Ellich - Vice Captian, havent heard he is leaving. But would be some big points if he did.
Allick - Long time club man, has many mates at the club. Very doubtful.
Warren - Captian of the club, doubtful.
Martin - I'm assuming Glen... He just came from Tigers so be doubtful if he'd go straight back.
Powell - Luke Powell? Vice Captian, been at the club for many years. Highly doubtful. Is a ruckman as well.
Driese - No comment there, quite possiable if you're offering him big dosh as i'd assume you would be.Doubt he'd be a Backman though.

Well there is only one backman there....... proof is in the pudding but hopefully, new president at our club, clean out of players and culture we can get our old players back!

Well there is only one backman there....... proof is in the pudding but hopefully, new president at our club, clean out of players and culture we can get our old players back!

So it's Glen Martin then you're saying? I'll ask him at lunch I suppose to confirm this story...

So it's Glen Martin then you're saying? I'll ask him at lunch I suppose to confirm this story...

As far as i know its a done deal and only delay is that he is waiting to see who is new coach but our club is keen to have him back to look after the kids!

Finally back at work for a day this week, well done to Hawks on a well deserved victory, best team all year.

Plenty of good players for Hawks, I thought Langford was best on, the most important player on the field. Plugger, don't you do the stats? How many marks did he take, particularly when heading into the breeze, he took some really difficult contested marks. The captain, no. 3 was also good at important times.

It's hard for any individual player to play a good 4 quarters in those conditions.

Good to see the rumour mill has started already, three top coaches out the door, two on their own terms, from what I believe.

Maybe clubs should recruit people who are good at building entertainment precincts, there'll be a bit of that going on over the next two years.

Surely Pittorino unhappy to miss out on the senior GF, but with the coach gone, I'm sure those wounds will heal by the end of cricket season.

Plenty of good players for Hawks, I thought Langford was best on, the most important player on the field. Plugger, don't you do the stats? How many marks did he take, particularly when heading into the breeze, he took some really difficult contested marks. The captain, no. 3 was also good at important times.

Yeh Langerford had a blinder of a game, as far as stats I haven't done them yet. Too many people have wanted to rewatch the match. But if I had to guess he'd be close to Travis Clokes record of most in a game haha.

As far as the rumour mill is concerned, spoke to Glen and him and I had a good chuckle. He informed you will need to speak to his manager being myself before signing any contracts anyways :thumbsu:

I must admit and give credit where its due, Martin and Ellich have been stars in the last few games and finals series. Always good to pay $6 to watch a good mark, firey play and to see one player arouse the anger of the oppositions supporters. I only asked as i thought that whilst i was away, i had missed an incident!

Another tick for Hawks is getting the 'bull' Martin fit, he was a balloon last time i watched him play and to watch him running up and down the field must be pleasing for the Hawks, is a no non sense player. We would love to chat with him but have heard his boots are still at cazaly's but perhaps our club could buy him a new set.......
Haven't been to the club since end of season so not sure but no way would Marto be coming back to Norths. Burnt a few bridges on his way out but got what he wanted so good luck to him. Just a pity he couldn't commit himself to footy with the tigers like he did this year with the Hawks. Maybe we should have met his demands......;)
As for Lukas, I heard we nealry got him at the start of last year, but now he has a flag and medal under his belt, his price will be through the roof and I don't like our chances. As for why they are both so unpopular amongst opposition supporters, I'd say its something to do with their extreme 'confidence'.

South's Best & Fairest tomorrow night (Sat 24th)

any tips ????

I can't say as I do the presentation by the slides, and know the results

the Pres calls the votes

any tips ????

the Pres calls the votes

Only rumour Tamba, but i noticed your former coach and the Hawks prez sitting and chatting all after noon at a grand final down here in Vic about two weeks ago, very good mates i believe, wonder if he was down there to recruit a coach, or players.

Only rumour Tamba, but i noticed your former coach and the Hawks prez sitting and chatting all after noon at a grand final down here in Vic about two weeks ago, very good mates i believe, wonder if he was down there to recruit a coach, or players.

Good friends they are, and it is good to sit with one you know & one you don't know whilst watching football & chewing the fat,, could be both you never know he just isn't exclusive to us LOL

how ya been any way Duff Man haven't seen a blog from you for awhile don't go to GVFL any more

Haven't been to the club since end of season so not sure but no way would Marto be coming back to Norths. Burnt a few bridges on his way out but got what he wanted so good luck to him. Just a pity he couldn't commit himself to footy with the tigers like he did this year with the Hawks. Maybe we should have met his demands......;)
As for Lukas, I heard we nealry got him at the start of last year, but now he has a flag and medal under his belt, his price will be through the roof and I don't like our chances. As for why they are both so unpopular amongst opposition supporters, I'd say its something to do with their extreme 'confidence'.

I would like to think the tigers would welcome both back and that being both backbones to the mighty tigers, that any players like those two, regardless of age would be good fits at the club. They are very confident players and at times, play away from team plans having watched Hawks coach going crazy in finals series at their undisciplined play but you NEED passion in your team. As the hawks saw, a few 50m's doesnt cost you a game in the GF, it won them respect and hardness at the ball and the two players we are talking about in the 2nd half won them a flag!!! Saints were no where to be seen. Why wouldnt the tigers want them!

As for price, if clubs dont pay players they wont win flags. Days are gone where players will put in effort and hard work for free. The club i was volunteering for back south tried it and we won 1 game for the season. Players can earn money either working or playing for clubs who will give up the $$$ and its nice to see having been talking to a few persons of note back at tigerland, that this is the case for next season. We have a great bunch coming forward, we just miss a couple of hard nosed senior players to compliment the young talent we have! Go after them i say!

Finally back at work for a day this week, well done to Hawks on a well deserved victory, best team all year.

It's hard for any individual player to play a good 4 quarters in those conditions.

Good to see the rumour mill has started already, three top coaches out the door, two on their own terms, from what I believe.

Maybe clubs should recruit people who are good at building entertainment precincts, there'll be a bit of that going on over the next two years.

Surely Pittorino unhappy to miss out on the senior GF, but with the coach gone, I'm sure those wounds will heal by the end of cricket season.

Is it true Powell has signed as coach for next season? Rumour around my old club in country Vic is that he is signed and is recruiting already........

any tips ????

the Pres calls the votes

Hey Tamba,

Is it true Steve Daniels is assisting with the recruitment of new coach? News from home was that he was doing reference checks for your new coach......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont think your source is too reliable, word has it that discussions are taking place very soon with committment to be made after hawks coach announced.

Grape vine has suggested Tyson Lane is heading back to hawks, i heard he has burnt bridges with most of hawks, i would see his coaching as being very very good but his relationship with past players being weak as he tried to lure ellich, allick, scyrjour, powell, harbrow, warren over to bulldogs this year with false promises......

Get on board the tigers train!!!!

Dont think your source is too reliable, word has it that discussions are taking place very soon with committment to be made after hawks coach announced.

Grape vine has suggested Tyson Lane is heading back to hawks, i heard he has burnt bridges with most of hawks, i would see his coaching as being very very good but his relationship with past players being weak as he tried to lure ellich, allick, scyrjour, powell, harbrow, warren over to bulldogs this year with false promises......

Get on board the tigers train!!!!

Too bad the source is Glen Martin himself.

Without being biased I think North Cairns are heading down the right track, and are on a better path to future success than other sides. I feel Saints have set the bar but their core of the club are ageing and losing touch and they will have to wait until the juniors to come through. Hawks are premiers, but I reckon that may be due to spending the most this year. If they can continue to do it, I have nothing against that.

Recruiting here is the toughest I have ever seen. It is a huge effort to get players from outside the league. Footy clubs must work all year round to get players. As for coaches, that would be hell...

Which Powell are you talking about eagerreader? Saints or Hawks? Will Kennedy coach Saints again?

Hey Tamba,

Is it true Steve Daniels is assisting with the recruitment of new coach? News from home was that he was doing reference checks for your new coach......

Well could be young Steven is, sorry fellas but not on commiittee this year so am in the dark, as to what the Penguin & his off-sider are scheming, :(

Without being biased I think North Cairns are heading down the right track, and are on a better path to future success than other sides. I feel Saints have set the bar but their core of the club are ageing and losing touch and they will have to wait until the juniors to come through. Hawks are premiers, but I reckon that may be due to spending the most this year. If they can continue to do it, I have nothing against that.

Recruiting here is the toughest I have ever seen. It is a huge effort to get players from outside the league. Footy clubs must work all year round to get players. As for coaches, that would be hell...

Which Powell are you talking about eagerreader? Saints or Hawks? Will Kennedy coach Saints again?

Totally agree! The work coaches do, club committee's and football departments is tireless and very much thankless. Players and supporters arrive at the start of preseason and think at the end of the finals, they have had a tough year........ Brings a smile to my face! I really do admire those amazing people who for no $$$ keep turning up and keeping our league alive! Lets face it, when have the administrators from AFL Cairns set foot in our clubs to have a beer, flip a burger patty and been there to help us! I havent seen them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back