AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprise results but well done to Manunda, played great footy in both games and can't take anything away from them. In the seniors, Saints had no answers for the Hawks midfield. The forwards did the job and the backs held the Saints goal scoring very well. My only question, although Lucas played well I did not have him as best on. But we could say the same for every Grand Final we watch. NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM HIM. Just saying a dozen players could have been B.O.G.

Who took the slab Tamba?

Heard already that Griffiths is off, but he isn't heading that far away... . I heard rumours (word of the next 4 months) also that Booth is gone but this is due to work.

Coatesworth also gone, as is Viola and Adams. I hope there are some jobs available in Cairns next year...

There is a fair bit of construction work coming up in the next couple of years. As for Griffiths, I thought he may have hung around, do you know where he's heading Collo?

Isn't Griffiths headed down the highway. Heard he had signed before the grand final. Bradbury was Hawks best. Saints couldn't lay a hand on him all day

What a load of crap!

Why would any coach build a game plan, structures and a list that goes on to win a premiership, then have a huge chance at another premiership next year, just to leave for another club in the same league?? I can tell you he is leaving Cairns due to an illness in the family.

We heard that Andy viola was spreading the rumor in the stands during the game. He's taken a few pot shots since losing the prelim. Sour grapes I guess.

Never heard it from Viola, and yes Lachrilly I heard he was going south to cut cane. Football is a business now and I don't question it at all, if someone was going to pay me $10,000 more a year (not saying this is the case for Griffiths) to do exactly what I do only 5 minutes away from my current location, I'd go.

On the other hand, if you don't like where you are, you leave. As much as a game plan and structures at a club are important, I think you also need to enjoy it and have the full support of the players. I heard this is the case for Griffiths and I for one will be surprised if he is there next year. Is he contracted?

The rumours begin.....

Collo I don't think the rumours need to be started. Paul guided the Hawks to a flag this year and has been very influential in grooming some of our best young players into Premiership players. If Paul is leaving it will be on his own back and I don't believe it will be to another club.

But for Viola someone who also is rumored to be leaving to be the one spreading the shit then good on him. Manunda now has a very good list and a great team thanks to Paul and the other staff at Manunda , if he is leaving all the best in his future endeavors.

Collo I don't think the rumours need to be started. Paul guided the Hawks to a flag this year and has been very influential in grooming some of our best young players into Premiership players. If Paul is leaving it will be on his own back and I don't believe it will be to another club.

But for Viola someone who also is rumored to be leaving to be the one spreading the shit then good on him. Manunda now has a very good list and a great team thanks to Paul and the other staff at Manunda , if he is leaving all the best in his future endeavors.

I heard on prelim final day that he had already signed with Souths from a pretty good source. Also heard he did have a few issues with players (Pittorino for one). Doesn't surprise me that Viola has been stirring things up before he goes, that kinda bloke i hear. But unless you hear or see things yourself its all rumours

I heard on prelim final day that he had already signed with Souths from a pretty good source. Also heard he did have a few issues with players (Pittorino for one). Doesn't surprise me that Viola has been stirring things up before he goes, that kinda bloke i hear. But unless you hear or see things yourself its all rumours

Mate from what I have been told he is indeed going down South, not to the Souths...

"My only question, although Lucas played well I did not have him as best on. But we could say the same for every Grand Final we watch. NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM HIM. Just saying a dozen players could have been B.O.G."

COLLO :Who did you have as your BOG in the GF????

Never heard it from Viola, and yes Lachrilly I heard he was going south to cut cane. Football is a business now and I don't question it at all, if someone was going to pay me $10,000 more a year (not saying this is the case for Griffiths) to do exactly what I do only 5 minutes away from my current location, I'd go.

On the other hand, if you don't like where you are, you leave. As much as a game plan and structures at a club are important, I think you also need to enjoy it and have the full support of the players. I heard this is the case for Griffiths and I for one will be surprised if he is there next year. Is he contracted?

The rumours begin.....

I can confirm that Souths are very close to signing a 51yr old coach from Tasmania. Apparrently from the horse i was feeding carrots to, is that this coach is relocating from Tassy to Qld and had spoken to a club in Mackay and saw the job advertised and applied to Souths. This coach has a wealth of experience and coached a number of rep teams in the this particularly Tassy comp. The key selling point for this coach is to bring these 'rep players' with him to the new coach and this is a key area for Souths is that the coach is able to bring players also.

Just before my horse finished the last carrot, he said that Steve Daniels was doing the background check for the 'outgoing' president at Fretty Park.

You heard it first and my horse happens to run around at Fretty Park most Saturdays at 3pm...........

Mate from what I have been told he is indeed going down South, not to the Souths...

I have heard this also! Big loss for Cairns as i know my club would be interested in speaking to him! Showed that he is the best in town and assisted by Max O'Halloran and Kane Rickter, would form a very respected and attractive coaching team to lead the rep squad and i am sure players would want to play for them!

What a load of crap!

Why would any coach build a game plan, structures and a list that goes on to win a premiership, then have a huge chance at another premiership next year, just to leave for another club in the same league?? I can tell you he is leaving Cairns due to an illness in the family.

We heard that Andy viola was spreading the rumor in the stands during the game. He's taken a few pot shots since losing the prelim. Sour grapes I guess.

Is it true Port are considering marching Viola out the gate?

Rumour has it the 'forward line' of boxall, Shaws x 2, Smith and Karpany have told the club the are not coming back and the indigenous players are not going back up the hill and have contact Hawks........ Is this true?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true Port are considering marching Viola out the gate?

Rumour has it the 'forward line' of boxall, Shaws x 2, Smith and Karpany have told the club the are not coming back and the indigenous players are not going back up the hill and have contact Hawks........ Is this true?

I though someone had mentioned on here before that Viola was gone for next season?

Be interesting for the coaching ranks of 2012 now with the three powerhouse teams of 2011 all seeing new coaches.

Is it true that one of your jobs at the hawks is to stretch the jersey for Booth before games?

We saw you on weekend celebrating, did you get a medal?

Is it true that one of your jobs at the hawks is to stretch the jersey for Booth before games?

We saw you on weekend celebrating, did you get a medal?

Oh indeed, the Hawks actually employed me for this one reason. They realised if they secured me for a seven digit contract that they could use me to stretch guernseys and celebrate premiership wins. It's all in my contract... :eek:

Oh indeed, the Hawks actually employed me for this one reason. They realised if they secured me for a seven digit contract that they could use me to stretch guernseys and celebrate premiership wins. It's all in my contract... :eek:

Who was your BOG for GF.......

Who was your BOG for GF.......

Well I believed there was a group of five that was a very good chance. Lukas, Marto, Scryma, Wardle and Langford. But Lukas obviously won but it was out of him and Wardle "Munji" for me. Munji had another great game, was everywhere and closed down the game for us in the backline very well.

Be interesting for the coaching ranks of 2012 now with the three powerhouse teams of 2011 all seeing new coaches.

Plugg3r being the non biased afl supporter you are and a self confessed body guard for Ellich, is there any truth to Ellich being at the Tigers next year? Rumours are increasing that the tigers have signed him........

I have heard also that you are loosing a number of players to retirement or other clubs.... Have heard Pittirino, Booth, Wray, Ellich, Allick, Warren, Martin, Powell and Driesen are retired, leaving or already signed elsewhere for 2012......

Plugg3r being the non biased afl supporter you are and a self confessed body guard for Ellich, is there any truth to Ellich being at the Tigers next year? Rumours are increasing that the tigers have signed him........

I have heard also that you are loosing a number of players to retirement or other clubs.... Have heard Pittirino, Booth, Wray, Ellich, Allick, Warren, Martin, Powell and Driesen are retired, leaving or already signed elsewhere for 2012......

Damn, did you just go through our whole list and choose random players names? I'm not going to confirm or deny anything at this point in time who has left. They will do so themselves, but I think I can comfortably say that you are right on one... Maybe two, the rest I think are surrounded by good smoke clouds and cheap bourban.

Well I believed there was a group of five that was a very good chance. Lukas, Marto, Scryma, Wardle and Langford. But Lukas obviously won but it was out of him and Wardle "Munji" for me. Munji had another great game, was everywhere and closed down the game for us in the backline very well.

Would agree with that evaluation! Wardle is a player i havent really seen alot of since i came back to Cairns, he is brilliant. Our club is very interested in him but heard he is leaving Cairns......... True?

Ellich and Scrymajour were the key with the temper and very aggressive Martin (20). He was very intense person and listening in the grand stand, attracks alot of comment about his style. Excuse my ignorance but i have only come back to Cairns and only seen the last few games but seems to be a few players in the Gold and Brown who arent very well liked.....

Understand, the blokes who have the medals dont really care but interested to hear if there has been an incident like 2004 that has lead to players like Ellich and Martin being so disliked.........

Damn, did you just go through our whole list and choose random players names? I'm not going to confirm or deny anything at this point in time who has left. They will do so themselves, but I think I can comfortably say that you are right on one... Maybe two, the rest I think are surrounded by good smoke clouds and cheap bourban.

Have heard from a good source at Cazalys that one is leaving next week (Booth) and the others are gone! One has been speaking to our coach but will wait till after your new coach is signed before he committs. We are hoping you sign Viola so we can get him in our defensive end for 2012

Would agree with that evaluation! Wardle is a player i havent really seen alot of since i came back to Cairns, he is brilliant. Our club is very interested in him but heard he is leaving Cairns......... True?

Ellich and Scrymajour were the key with the temper and very aggressive Martin (20). He was very intense person and listening in the grand stand, attracks alot of comment about his style. Excuse my ignorance but i have only come back to Cairns and only seen the last few games but seems to be a few players in the Gold and Brown who arent very well liked.....

Understand, the blokes who have the medals dont really care but interested to hear if there has been an incident like 2004 that has lead to players like Ellich and Martin being so disliked.........

Haha, Lukas and Martin are disliked mainly from your mob that I presume is North Cairns. Played there for years and came to Hawks for some Premiership glory, worked out well it appears. Martin is a big body player, quick, strong and isn't scared to put his head down over the ball. People of other teams don't like seeing their favourite suns getting hit by a 100kg bull. Don't blame them, i'd hate to see one of our bloke get this also.

I like his style of football, you know what you're going to get with the man. As far as blokes in the Gold and Brown not very liked, you can have a look at every team and there is a list of blokes not liked. Just when you have some of the better players that have been around for years, then they're going to attract more attention then others.

Haha, Lukas and Martin are disliked mainly from your mob that I presume is North Cairns. Played there for years and came to Hawks for some Premiership glory, worked out well it appears. Martin is a big body player, quick, strong and isn't scared to put his head down over the ball. People of other teams don't like seeing their favourite suns getting hit by a 100kg bull. Don't blame them, i'd hate to see one of our bloke get this also.

I like his style of football, you know what you're going to get with the man. As far as blokes in the Gold and Brown not very liked, you can have a look at every team and there is a list of blokes not liked. Just when you have some of the better players that have been around for years, then they're going to attract more attention then others.

I must admit and give credit where its due, Martin and Ellich have been stars in the last few games and finals series. Always good to pay $6 to watch a good mark, firey play and to see one player arouse the anger of the oppositions supporters. I only asked as i thought that whilst i was away, i had missed an incident!

Another tick for Hawks is getting the 'bull' Martin fit, he was a balloon last time i watched him play and to watch him running up and down the field must be pleasing for the Hawks, is a no non sense player. We would love to chat with him but have heard his boots are still at cazaly's but perhaps our club could buy him a new set.......

Pittirino - Long time club man and FF.
Booth - Moving back to WA
Wray - Unknown, but haven't seen him ever play as a backman.
Ellich - Vice Captian, havent heard he is leaving. But would be some big points if he did.
Allick - Long time club man, has many mates at the club. Very doubtful.
Warren - Captian of the club, doubtful.
Martin - I'm assuming Glen... He just came from Tigers so be doubtful if he'd go straight back.
Powell - Luke Powell? Vice Captian, been at the club for many years. Highly doubtful. Is a ruckman as well.
Driese - No comment there, quite possiable if you're offering him big dosh as i'd assume you would be.Doubt he'd be a Backman though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back