AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think next season will be interesting with some big movers and big fallers, my top 4 1 saints, 2 centals,3 souths,4 hawks

I would consider it to be:

1. Hawks
2. Saints
3. Norths
4. Port

I am tipping Centrals will be fighting Cairns Lions for wooden spoon. To tie in a senior coach for one year, then sack him, fly players up mid season to play agrade must have really stirred up some players. Are any of your recruits here still? Have heard they are all GONE!

To see Chris Brown, Peter Reynolds and Cameron Bartlett leave and really bag the club says to me the club will struggle. Recruits dont automatically = sucess....... Ask Port! Centrals have very good U16's very talented bunch but they will see clubs like norths, saints and hawks as better options if they dont leave to play down south. From the outside, saints get a high turn over in players but they are from connections with people living here or the recruits decide they want to settle and stay!

Sorry Doggie, nothing personal, just how i see it from the year its been

They still are,

Souths are getting new club premises (Similar to Gazaly's set up), in place of the can bar & old visiting change rooms / toilets. will take about 12 mnths to build, with new facilities for visting clubs

Centrals have a new change room for visiting teams & umpires, but on the oposite side of the fields, whilst they stayed put next to the bar, the lighting is no where near up to full standard

The juniors of both clubs Hawks & Souths enjoy your visits up here, bring some mates up next time with ya & let them be more star struck.

Tigerland has upgraded the irrigation which will mean a softer and upgraded surface for the players. Very proud of the current facilities but this will take Watsons Oval to the next level..... Carn the tiges

Way too early to be making predictions given the yearly turnover of players.

Would think it would be Hawks, Saints and Port again until I hear news of bulk departures or bulk arrivals elsewhere.

Coaches don't matter that much.

Centrals seem to be fragile with little depth compared to the top 3 teams.

Good to hear of any ground improvements, especially in the way of making them softer.

Tigerland has upgraded the irrigation which will mean a softer and upgraded surface for the players. Very proud of the current facilities but this will take Watsons Oval to the next level..... Carn the tiges

At the Saints we have a new pie warmer for next yr :) to add to our already amazing facilities.. The pie warmer will be placed into the kiosk that is leased off the cricket club next to the cricket clubs change rooms which overlooks the cricket clubs oval....
In a climate like Cairns it amazes me why people get so hung up on rooms etc... The Cairns Saints bar is the perfect set up for a football club in FNQ and I'm sure more fun is had there than any other in CAFL...

As for the Hawks dropping off next yr surely it's too early to say. Hopefully City Lions can improve so that we can have an even comp in 2012.
The Saints look like keeping a few of the players that were going to head back to Vic next yr and already have very good players coming up next yr so should be around the mark again..

Way too early to be making predictions given the yearly turnover of players.

Would think it would be Hawks, Saints and Port again until I hear news of bulk departures or bulk arrivals elsewhere.

Coaches don't matter that much.

Centrals seem to be fragile with little depth compared to the top 3 teams.

Good to hear of any ground improvements, especially in the way of making them softer.

Port have bulk departures however will most likely recruit heavily like always

You ask players at the end of the season what they are doing next year and 90% will say they will be around. until you see them on the track i wouldn't take much out of it. I have seen players say they are sticking around just to see them gone the next year. I'm done naming names on here plugger just to have you defend them (which is what you would do obviously). Hawks had a great year on the field but seeing what happens off would be enough to keep me away.

How true lachrilly couldn't of said it better myself! Alsoa work mate lives in port and said, he heard port had bulk departures quality players too atleast 10 senior players and a couple of retirements, smith league medalist, Buddah captain, white leading the goalkicking till injured, n.t boys back home! Shaw brothers retired,to name a few that I can remember him saying, also senior, reseves, coaching jobs up for grabs, heard hawks the same but not as many, leading goalkicker booth back home for work plus few w.a boys back home, n.t boys home and a few I will keep to myself to the boys actually want to let the club know! They are the two I have sliding this year, although as I said hawks will still make finals, port will struggle, city lions supposed to be on a massive recruiting drive next year maybe paying decent $$?? Saints to have another cracker season depending on injuries again? Norths anyone's guess

How true lachrilly couldn't of said it better myself! Alsoa work mate lives in port and said, he heard port had bulk departures quality players too atleast 10 senior players and a couple of retirements, smith league medalist, Buddah captain, white leading the goalkicking till injured, n.t boys back home! Shaw brothers retired,to name a few that I can remember him saying, also senior, reseves, coaching jobs up for grabs, heard hawks the same but not as many, leading goalkicker booth back home for work plus few w.a boys back home, n.t boys home and a few I will keep to myself to the boys actually want to let the club know! They are the two I have sliding this year, although as I said hawks will still make finals, port will struggle, city lions supposed to be on a massive recruiting drive next year maybe paying decent $$?? Saints to have another cracker season depending on injuries again? Norths anyone's guess

Hi guys haven't been on for a while, good to see things haven't changed. PLUGG3R is gonna be real hard to deal with for a while as every time something bad said about the Dawks he will come back with the usual 'can't be that bad,. we won both flags...yadda, yadda, yadda'
Couple of new ones I heard early on that last years big footy rep of the year C. Adams is following the $$ out to the Lions...
Plugg3r could be on the money with not many departures at Hawks and maybe even the appointment of a local club favourite as senior coach??
Haven't heard much from the Tigers although we should have close to the best recruit in the league next year, K.Richter, kids will be a year older and this tiger will be disappointed if we don't play finals:eek::D

Haha god you guys make for a good laugh, I suppose the N.T. boys you speak of are Scrymgour and Roe. Shows how much you guys now ;)

But seriously it's going to be fun listening to you guys talk shit for a while. And yes WatsonsOval i'll be hard to deal with, because remember at the end of the day. It was you guys the ones doubting us, and are already doing it again ;)

Hi guys haven't been on for a while, good to see things haven't changed. PLUGG3R is gonna be real hard to deal with for a while as every time something bad said about the Dawks he will come back with the usual 'can't be that bad,. we won both flags...yadda, yadda, yadda'
Couple of new ones I heard early on that last years big footy rep of the year C. Adams is following the $$ out to the Lions...
Plugg3r could be on the money with not many departures at Hawks and maybe even the appointment of a local club favourite as senior coach??
Haven't heard much from the Tigers although we should have close to the best recruit in the league next year, K.Richter, kids will be a year older and this tiger will be disappointed if we don't play finals:eek::D

Where did ya hear that from?? have heard different

Was talking to a guy last night who reckons he is the only guy who could coach City Lions. He reckons he knows the culture of the club and for 15k he would probably do it. Loved talking about himself and how he turned clubs he coached around. Anyone involved in the juniors would know the guy.

So Lane has been dumped from Centrals ---said at the start of the year he wouldn't last

Now by my count that's 3 clubs from 3 he has been sacked from the last couple years, might have been a good Collingwood player but ----coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So six clubs are looking for new coaches in 2012

will be very interesting the negotiations and clamber for available ones from around this vast sun-burnt land of ours plus the cabbage thrown to get them on board

Mate did you see tyson lane play? Especially at collingwood?? He wast much chop at all only got a game in the collingwood side when they were finishing bottom 4 for them few years he was there, no offense to the bloke, don't no him as a coach or bloke, but just saying it how it is

Lane must have done something wrong, I thought he was on the right track playing wise. But a few have pointed out his decision to recruit mid year which may have ruffled a few bulldog faithful.

Who will coach Lions? Seems that Richter is the only coach locked in. Norths might get pick of the new arrivals who have no links to other clubs up here. I hope this is the case.

With so many vacancies, and all clubs having certain benefits, it will be interesting to see the appointments. When will they be announced? Not asking for names but has any clubs looking signed a coach yet?

Ask Chris if you want facts where he is going or looking at going,
not blokes who aren't keen on him

Personal theory Tamba?

I know it is a footy forum, but surely we can pick up the spelling and grammar. I have said nothing this year as time and time again the English language is murdered, however I cannot remain silent any longer. Doggies, I'm looking at you. It's called a full stop, feel free to use it.

Punctuation aside, a quick question for the committee members among us. What kind of coin could a coach command in Cairns? And does anyone truly believe a coach makes much difference? I think most coaches pay for themselves in the off season with who they can recruit, and the work they do during the season implementing structures and a game plan is not as important as getting the right players to the club in the first place.

Finally, congratulations to Manunda Hawks, an excellent season capped off with a memorable win against a full strength Saints side.

Looking forward to some off season banter, rumours and innuendo!

Heard that North Cairns are building netball courts at Watson's Oval. A step closer towards the country Victoria format. Hats off to the Tigers if this is true...

Regulation merry go round at the Saints! A few BIG departures and a few in the pipes to head up, just waiting on work in the area is the big speed hump. I think we have completed the interviews and offered the coaching job. I would say someone from the club will announce it once the contracts are signed. That new pie warmer may come in handy DrK.

Clubs would be hoping to announce coaching appointments soon as it takes a bit of work to get players up here from down south. Also, it creates some excitement around the club when a new coach is signed, helps with prospective sponsors and with recruiting. Do clubs chase coaches or wait for the applications?

Gob bluth, mate you are a fair dinkum w***er!! This is a footy forum, people want to hear inside information, eachothers thoughts, and so on, i see you have only joined last month, if your looking for spelling and grammar your on the wrong forum you TOOL! If you want some good banter knowledge on other teams a good insight into cairns footy stay on! And that's the last I will be writing about your absolute ridiculous post!

I know it is a footy forum, but surely we can pick up the spelling and grammar. I have said nothing this year as time and time again the English language is murdered, however I cannot remain silent any longer. Doggies, I'm looking at you. It's called a full stop, feel free to use it.

Dude, are you serious or just taking a urine sample? Doggies posts maybe a little incoherent inregards to grammar, but, he still gets his message across. Have you ever thought he hasn't got articulate grammar like your good self? It's a football forum not a spelling/grammar contest, muppet! You may think you're a wordsmith and if that's the case, piss off to BigGrammar.com.au. Other than that, keep the posts coming gents, It's a good read (thumbs up).

Didn't mean to offend doggies, I was simply trying to help. There are some good points being made on this forum, and sometimes they can become lost in translation. Surely reviewing a post before submitting it is not too much to ask? It's important to make sure it reads well so people can understand what is being said. I even tried to limit my words to a two syllable maximum for optimal reading. You're welcome.

I also apologise in advance, computers don't really know how to sell sarcasm. I will accept being called a muppet, tool and w***er. I've been called much worse.

Geegrimey, when can we expect an announcement from the Saints? Is it a formality or just speculation at the moment?

And does anyone truly believe a coach makes much difference? I think most coaches pay for themselves in the off season with who they can recruit, and the work they do during the season implementing structures and a game plan is not as important as getting the right players to the club in the first place.

Hello Gob_Bluth, quite an impact you have made early :thumbsu:
As for the coaches making much difference, I believe they would have to in a large role. Otherwise no one would employ a coach and everyone would grab the most charismatic member of the committee as coach. It's not ALL about game plans, structures and recruiting pre-season. A coach is supposed to be someone the guys can look up too and respect to get them going every game. The one when the cards are against them can call to Plan B, C or D to get them back in the game. The one who can manage their players injuries, select the teams when players are injured or out of form to not lose their said structure etc.

You get the best coach money can buy and you can produce anything even with limited playing group. I reckon they're worthy every penny you can afford to be honest.

I will accept being called a muppet, tool and w***er. I've been called much worse.

What about being called a w***erymuppetytoolski (jokin mate). I understand what you're saying, but, some posters aren't as affluent as yourself when it comes to grammar/spelling. Some find it hard to construct a post that's remotely understandable, but, that's the environmemt we're all in on BigFooty. I mean look at Plugg3ers deplorable horrendous posting prowess. I read his posts on Bay13 with a grimace, sometimes his posting makes Chernobyl look like a day out at Luna Park. I'm not telling anyone what Plugg3rs nik name on Bay13 is either. Anyway, anyone got any names as 'possible' coaches for 2012??? If not, make one up for silly seasons sake.

I also agree with that. I often think plugg3r has a scroll through his old posts and gives his old redskin a floggen, of how proud he is of his insperational posts. Kind of bloke that likes that sound of his own voice. But I did hear plugg3r, you put your hand up for the main job, but they said to you that the water bottles aren't going to fill themselves. Can you enlighten us my knowledgeable friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back