AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apperantly Nathan 'Crainsaw' Crane has been offered the top job at Cities and Saints. Might be a biding war for the young superstar. Saints will no doubt do anything to keep him so it might be write your own cheque.

I also agree with that. I often think plugg3r has a scroll through his old posts and gives his old redskin a floggen, of how proud he is of his insperational posts. Kind of bloke that likes that sound of his own voice. But I did hear plugg3r, you put your hand up for the main job, but they said to you that the water bottles aren't going to fill themselves. Can you enlighten us my knowledgeable friend?

I disagree there, doggies. I don't think Plugg3r likes the sound of his own voice. I think he likes the look of his own posts. In saying that, kudos to Plugg3r as he does hold his own on Bay13 where grammar/spelling is pounced on quicker than a St.Kilda player on a school girl. 6 jobs up for grabs, wow, just wow. Surely some clubs will announce a coach by weeks end, surely??

Don't like the way this forum is going. Topics being dominated by grammar, c'mon guys, pull your finger out, and get to the real stuff, FOOTY. I have heard the saints and hawks have nearly sealed the deal with a coach, and one of ports front runners is an x player. Does anyone know when the clearances come through on the cairns website? Or if any big name players have jumped ship yet?

Don't like the way this forum is going. Topics being dominated by grammar, c'mon guys, pull your finger out, and get to the real stuff, FOOTY. I have heard the saints and hawks have nearly sealed the deal with a coach, and one of ports front runners is an x player. Does anyone know when the clearances come through on the cairns website? Or if any big name players have jumped ship yet?

Doggies, just because you butcher the keyboard like it's your job. But I agree back onto Football. Me being coach? I have no dreams or desires to be a coach at this point in time. So that shows just how legitamite your claims of recruiting are.

Next week for an announcement from the Saints, I believe it's just working out details and preparing an actual announcement.

Confirmed outs for the Saints are Poyner, and Coatesworth both back home to Vic and Parsons travelling, though not sure if it's for the whole season.

I heard rumours of clubs chasing recruits who'd put in for a transfer with better offers, so I'll be reluctant to post any recruit names here but I know the Saints are recruiting from Metro Melbourne as much as the Western Vic areas which are their traditional recruiting grounds.

Clearances don't open until Feb, so nothings ever in concrete until then?

As for the NT recruits supposedly leaving, even if this year's players go, those clubs will presumably still have the money to chase fresh ones for the next year, so the names might change, but they'll still find the players.

Where do Pyramid Power juniors go after U18's? Do they have an affiliation with any senior club? Souths?

Saints have settled on coach/coaches for 2012... Great news for the club as any potential recruits will be impressed with both players CV's and more importantly are both top blokes.
I apologise to Gob Bluth for my poor english (sorry should that be a capital E??) however I have a mild form of hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia. And I'm sure a man of your intelligence doesnt need to google the meaning of this.

Big signing for the tigers with Wade Dickson committing to next year. Add to a fit Kane Richter.... Combined with a year under the belt for the juniors in the seniors, the tigers will be vastly improved outfit.

Stephen when you post something interesting, with any useful information, come speak to me champ.

Oh and you're a wealth of information, flogbucket! North seem to be getting themselves into shape over the past few years. Not setting the world on fire on the field (yet) but off field is going along nicely.

Next week for an announcement from the Saints, I believe it's just working out details and preparing an actual announcement.

Confirmed outs for the Saints are Poyner, and Coatesworth both back home to Vic and Parsons travelling, though not sure if it's for the whole season.

I heard rumours of clubs chasing recruits who'd put in for a transfer with better offers, so I'll be reluctant to post any recruit names here but I know the Saints are recruiting from Metro Melbourne as much as the Western Vic areas which are their traditional recruiting grounds.

Clearances don't open until Feb, so nothings ever in concrete until then?

As for the NT recruits supposedly leaving, even if this year's players go, those clubs will presumably still have the money to chase fresh ones for the next year, so the names might change, but they'll still find the players.

Where do Pyramid Power juniors go after U18's? Do they have an affiliation with any senior club? Souths?

Funny how you post this then the name Wade Dickson comes up... Trained with Saints last pre-season but got offered good coin to fly back to Echuca United and now Tigers get him because Saints don't pay players outside of coach and assitant coach... but this will continue to happen and other clubs will continue to claim Saints pay players...
Good luck to Wade very handy player and I'm sure he will go well however with his work he won't be able to play most weekends. As for Richter how old is he?? has barely played a game in two years and is getting on so won't be the player he use to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richter's put in the hard yards with the Tigers over the last couple of years, I hope he's back to his best himself next year.

Might be a year early for the big $$ names though, might have been better off saving their coin for the next year which I think will be their time to surge for the flag.

That being said, it might not be big $$ for Dickson if he's not going to play that many games.

At the Saints we have a new pie warmer for next yr :) to add to our already amazing facilities.. The pie warmer will be placed into the kiosk that is leased off the cricket club next to the cricket clubs change rooms which overlooks the cricket clubs oval....
In a climate like Cairns it amazes me why people get so hung up on rooms etc... The Cairns Saints bar is the perfect set up for a football club in FNQ and I'm sure more fun is had there than any other in CAFL...

As for the Hawks dropping off next yr surely it's too early to say. Hopefully City Lions can improve so that we can have an even comp in 2012.
The Saints look like keeping a few of the players that were going to head back to Vic next yr and already have very good players coming up next yr so should be around the mark again..

I think the Saints should invest in a new Dim Sim warmer Doc. Everytime I go to Griffiths to watch a game, the dim sims are still cold or frozen. :eek:

Apperantly Nathan 'Crainsaw' Crane has been offered the top job at Cities and Saints. Might be a biding war for the young superstar. Saints will no doubt do anything to keep him so it might be write your own cheque.

I didn't think Saints paid players.:confused::confused::confused:

G'day Guys,

My name is Luke Faulkner, I am the AFL Queensland Sales Executive for KooGa. Have been a long time follower of big footy and have always been interested in the 'rumour mill' that surrounds this website.

If any of you are involved with any of the Cairns clubs, I'm sure most of you are. Would love the opportunity of producing some gear for them next year. I played footy in Tassie with Kane Richter some years ago and Kane looks like he is pretty interested in getting some gear for the Tigers. If anyone else is keen to have a look at what KooGa can offer, I would be glad to help out as much as possible.

You can get in contact with me on 0430 031 924 or email luke@kooga.com.au

I am also the playing coach of the Mayne Tigers here in Brisbane. If anyone is looking to move down to Brissy and play, feel free to give me a buzz, we have a terrific bunch of guys at the club.

I look forward to your responses.

Cheers.

Luke Faulkner

Haven't been to the club since end of season so not sure but no way would Marto be coming back to Norths. Burnt a few bridges on his way out but got what he wanted so good luck to him. Just a pity he couldn't commit himself to footy with the tigers like he did this year with the Hawks. Maybe we should have met his demands......;)
As for Lukas, I heard we nealry got him at the start of last year, but now he has a flag and medal under his belt, his price will be through the roof and I don't like our chances. As for why they are both so unpopular amongst opposition supporters, I'd say its something to do with their extreme 'confidence'.

Has the president moved on yet Watsons? many may return if he was not at the helm by all reports on here and through general gossip around the traps. Believe you are very close to him so may know the structure of the committee for next year?????

That's what happens when Brits are allowed in the kitchen, one didn't know what a dim sim was.

Cranesaw usually takes bids, assesses them and then says 'Your money is no good to The Cranesaw.'

The Cranesaw always talks about himself in the third person.

Has the president moved on yet Watsons? many may return if he was not at the helm by all reports on here and through general gossip around the traps. Believe you are very close to him so may know the structure of the committee for next year?????

Get out of it, the amount of work he does is phenomenal how about helping instead of making stupid comments about a hard working Pres as Potts is

Funny how you post this then the name Wade Dickson comes up... Trained with Saints last pre-season but got offered good coin to fly back to Echuca United and now Tigers get him because Saints don't pay players outside of coach and assitant coach... but this will continue to happen and other clubs will continue to claim Saints pay players...
Good luck to Wade very handy player and I'm sure he will go well however with his work he won't be able to play most weekends. As for Richter how old is he?? has barely played a game in two years and is getting on so won't be the player he use to be.

Sounds like someone's a tad jealous they couldn't get Wade to their club. North hasn't enjoyed success in some years and we're being realistic and smart about the future of the club, which will hopefully have that flow on effect of success on field.

Wade is a top bloke who thought long and hard about where he wanted to play footy next season. As for this year, due to work commitments, he wasn't prepared to play for any team in Cairns as he did not know what the future held. As for going back down south, he was helping out his old club because he's a loyal bloke.

As for Kane, I guess we'll see what happens in the new year. Regardless, he will be a huge lift and rolemodel for the predominantly young team.

[As for Richter how old is he?? has barely played a game in two years and is getting on so won't be the player he use to be.[/quote]
I think you'll find Kane is only about 27 mate, probably in the prime of his career, fingers crossed the year off has freshened his body up and he will be raring to go. As for Dickson, haven't actually heard of the bloke but from the Saints reaction, sounds like a player. The payment issue is interesting, I've heard we don't pay that much because we simply don't have it. Maybe a new sponsor has jumped on or maybe he isn't getting paid just playing for the love of the game! (yeah I don't believe that one either) Either way, major positive to get a good player so early, can only help attract others.

[quote=wybmabiity;22573120]Has the president moved on yet Watsons? many may return if he was not at the helm by all reports on here and through general gossip around the traps. Believe you are very close to him so may know the structure of the committee for next year?????[/quote]
AGM is on the 20th of November at 11am champion, come down for a look if you are keen. If you want to catch up with Potts personally, head down at 10, he'll be there doing something noone else wants to do. I'm not that close to him, but close enough to know he doesn't need the shit that idiots like you fling at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back