AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hilarious, if anyone offers any view that is less than glowing of Souths, he flys off the handle. However he then goes and tips the reigning premiers to come second last next year.

Will you be game to back up your claim with a carton on every game Souths and Hawks play next year Flintstone?

"3rd" vs "6th", you should come out on top surely.

It's hilarious, if anyone offers any view that is less than glowing of Souths, he flys off the handle. However he then goes and tips the reigning premiers to come second last next year.

Will you be game to back up your claim with a carton on every game Souths and Hawks play next year Flintstone?

"3rd" vs "6th", you should come out on top surely.

I will give this some thought and will get back to you before the start of Season 2012.

Do you people really think that deep down I give a rats arse about your vitriolic comments. I believe I call it as I see it. I am sorry if I have offended anyone on here but I didn't realise it was a crime to be passionate or for that matter stand up for your club. Other posters/writers on here run in packs and stand up for their clubs and put shit on other clubs. When an individual stands up for their club they get shot, quartered and pegged for doing so. I would also like to add that I have on more than one occasion stood up for other clubs and have paid credit where credit is due.

Listen to Flintstone, already complaining about legitimate opinions on this forum. Let's wait and see which bottom dwelling position Souths occupy at the end of the first group of home and away fixtures of the season, before making substantiated or reasonable remarks.

Flinstone, seriously, could you please take off those "everyone is against Souths" goggles and start actually reading comments? At no point did Lachrilly make unreasonable comments in his post. If anyone could be upset it would be Cities, but even then they must admit that what he said was fair considering the season they had.

I do think Souths will progress this year, but I do not see them making the finals. This is not because I hate Souths, I just think that they are behind the majority of teams. Hawks, Saints, Centrals and Norths sound like they are recruiting well, and Souths are already behind these teams in terms of player personnel. It would also be a brave man to discount Port at this stage. I don't think a new coach will make much difference, and the young players you speak of will probably need another season under their belts. Remember, this is opinion.

If you would like to refute these points in a non biased manner, please feel free to do so. Just remember that most people on this forum are not "nay sayers", they are realists. We all heard the hype before this season, and look how that turned out. And before you get all upset, I was only joking in my opening paragraph. I said "listen to Flintstone". We all know that noone on this forum actually does this.

Find a high spot and enjoy the wet season.:D:D:D

Do you people really think that deep down I give a rats arse about your vitriolic comments.

Hey Flogstoned, not only are you a hypocrite, but you love to contradict youself.......repeatedly mind you:eek:.

You wet your panties at the slightest untoward comment about Soufs, then proceed to shovel shit onto other clubs. Your posting is embarrassing and sometimes straight out extraneous.....:(<<<< that's my face after I read one of your posts.

No one cares you fly the flag for your club, but, don't say you don't give a shit when It's as plain as the nose on Dean Cox's face.:heart::heart:

I think many are writing on here about Souths coach after last years outcome. The announcement last year surprised many, people came from the hills to say what a crazy decision it was to name the coach. Many outside posters obviously got it right, Souths did improve but something was going on and they advertised during the season for a new coach. It was obvious that they did not want him again. A similar thing, to a smaller scale seems to be happening this year for Souths after scanning through the western border forum. I hope, as I am sure Tamba and Flinstone do, that by round 10 things are still looking up.

I find it funny how more is not being written about Trinity's appointment, is it because posters will not get a bite? Is this forum for niggling? Or for stating footy facts and rumours? After all the past, I reckon Adams deserves another chance, but I'd have some guidelines in place.

I think many are writing on here about Souths coach after last years outcome. The announcement last year surprised many, people came from the hills to say what a crazy decision it was to name the coach. Many outside posters obviously got it right, Souths did improve but something was going on and they advertised during the season for a new coach. It was obvious that they did not want him again. A similar thing, to a smaller scale seems to be happening this year for Souths after scanning through the western border forum. I hope, as I am sure Tamba and Flinstone do, that by round 10 things are still looking up.

I find it funny how more is not being written about Trinity's appointment, is it because posters will not get a bite? Is this forum for niggling? Or for stating footy facts and rumours? After all the past, I reckon Adams deserves another chance, but I'd have some guidelines in place.

Hi Collo:). So many questions and so little time.

Tamby Wamby and Flogstoned asked about their new coach on the Western Border thread only to get a negative responce. I proceeded to ask a poster would he elaborate on his post which read 'he's different'. Poster then wrote something not to spectacular about the new coach, but, nothing to damaging mind you.

Tamby Wamby and Flogtoned then gave me a bake and said I stir the pot! It's all there in print that I asked simple questions about the coach. Because these pair of muppets didn't like what they read on the thread they then turned on me:eek:.

RE Adams, surely a coach can't get so many people off side at one club and be normal. I mean players calling him a dog whilst on the ground and throwing the ball at his scone at a kick in is nearly un heard of:eek:. I think It's a risk taking him as coach, but, maybe he now understands that you earn respect as a coach, not just get It automatically because you're the coach.

I slightly applude Adams (little claps) for having another go and also to Trinity for giving him another chance:).

RE Adams, surely a coach can't get so many people off side at one club and be normal. I mean players calling him a dog whilst on the ground and throwing the ball at his scone at a kick in is nearly un heard of:eek:. I think It's a risk taking him as coach, but, maybe he now understands that you earn respect as a coach, not just get It automatically because you're the coach.

I slightly applude Adams (little claps) for having another go and also to Trinity for giving him another chance:).

Interesting comments, i spent quite a while talking with Chris whilst trying to lure him to our club in Victoria, Yes we were aware of all that is stated above and during our discussions found him to be a very respectful and honest right throughout the process, its a pity some players i have spoken with haven't got half of his integrity. We eventually missed out on getting Chris but would not hesitate to have him with our club in the future. I will watch this space in future to see if the present Souths coach gets the same treatment off his playing group, there seem to be a lot of biased posts by people who are afraid to take the initiative and look at there own club structures, supporter and player groups before bagging others.
As for players treating him as stated i can only say that if it happened here those individuals would be dealt with severely and swiftly no matter what the circumstances. It appears like people are amused by these actions towards chris but from an outsiders point of view it is merely a reflection of the club and league itself.
I normally wouldn't post in here but can only compliment Chris Adams during our discussions and hope that in 12 months he gets as many apologies as he does sledges

from an outsiders point of view it is merely a reflection of the club and league itself.

One club doesn't represent the entire league, good or bad. So if Souths (example) were a poorly ran club does that mean the league's un professional? If Saints (example) were a well ran club does that mean the league's ultra professional?

Maybe, just maybe, Steve Begg and the boys have to take some responsibility, but, if Adams had any salt about him he would of turfed blokes that were way to disrespectful towards him...............think you can split a bit of the blame between the two parties.

Players shouldn't be saying those remarks to a coach, the coach should stand tall and lay down the law. I must say tho, I don't have a total understanding of how much the committee backed him (Adams) when that shit started.

Damn its an Adams conversation again, thought people would have been more interested in the Hawks AGM. What a great AGM it was as well! ;)

As for Trinity, good luck too them with Adams. The bloke offered himself to every club in the district, then informed a lot of people that he got the gig with the Hawks. Even whilst we hadn't even even acknowledged a response. I'd love to believe that he will go great this year, but sadly I think we know thats not going to happen.

Damn its an Adams conversation again, thought people would have been more interested in the Hawks AGM. What a great AGM it was as well! ;)

As for Trinity, good luck too them with Adams. The bloke offered himself to every club in the district, then informed a lot of people that he got the gig with the Hawks. Even whilst we hadn't even even acknowledged a response. I'd love to believe that he will go great this year, but sadly I think we know thats not going to happen.

Come on what happened, spill the guff,

New coach announced?????
where are the Hawks moving to ???
feelings for next season????

Damn its an Adams conversation again,

If he wasn't still in the comp It wouldn't be a valid topic..............It's a new chapter coming up:cool:.

New coach announced?????

Oh Richard has a suprise for you Uncle Tamby Wamby:eek:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New coach announced?????

New coach? No, we don't. We are looking at a new strategy for 2012, seeing as no coach that was interviewed was up to par. We're now looking for a Team Manager*, similar to what the English Soccer provides. This will bring us into a position to become the true power house of the competition.

Hawks wont be moving, we still have Cazalys and nothing will change into the future. As we all know the NQ Team doesnt have any legs and without that invading Cazalys we will stay where we are.

Feelings for next season is better than ever, meeting a new recruit last night and talks about a few others from very strong competitions to come across. Big 2012, very good feeling coming out of the AGM last night. Better position coming into this season than last already.

* Not yet confirmed.

Feelings for next season is better than ever, meeting a new recruit last night and talks about a few others from very strong competitions to come across. Big 2012, very good feeling coming out of the AGM last night. Better position coming into this season than last already.

Nothing like having good feelings about the up and coming season and havn't got a coach nearing December:thumbsu::eek:

Coach? Come on Stephen, Team Manager. Coaching positions are out dated in this modern era :thumbsu:

Possibly the most stupid thing i have heard for a while. Team Manager are you kidding. Coach/Manager Umpire/Referee its all the same. And how is this going to make Hawks a super power really.

Team Manager is just another word for coach. No different. But not having a suitable applicant isn't ideal. Did Jason Roe not apply for the job? And I guess your saying Chris Adams did.

At the moment, as long as there is a good recruiting committee then they are safe and maybe a fitness coach might be important shortly. The wallet will open up soon and Hawks will buy a coach. I guess Darryl White will be approached.

Watsons - are Norths getting good numbers at preseason training?

New coach? No, we don't. We are looking at a new strategy for 2012, seeing as no coach that was interviewed was up to par. We're now looking for a Team Manager*, similar to what the English Soccer provides. This will bring us into a position to become the true power house of the competition.

Hawks wont be moving, we still have Cazalys and nothing will change into the future. As we all know the NQ Team doesnt have any legs and without that invading Cazalys we will stay where we are.

* Not yet confirmed.

An interesting concept by the Hawks, don't really see how it would work:eek:

---but ---willing to sit back and look on with interest before passing judgment :footy:

best of luck with it.;)

Team Manager is just another word for coach. No different. But not having a suitable applicant isn't ideal. Did Jason Roe not apply for the job? And I guess your saying Chris Adams did.

At the moment, as long as there is a good recruiting committee then they are safe and maybe a fitness coach might be important shortly. The wallet will open up soon and Hawks will buy a coach. I guess Darryl White will be approached.

Watsons - are Norths getting good numbers at preseason training?
Not bad Collo, Kane held a meeting last week mapping out the pre season which was attended by about 25 and had same number at training on Thursday. A few new blokes which is good to see as well as couple who aren't usually seen til February down there already.
Don't want to flog a dead horse but heard yesterday that dramas have begun already out at the kennel. I was told that Cunningham was appointed Senior Coach, and our mate Chris to be his assistant. Not co-coaches as the paper suggested. The young coach was none too happy and by all reports even the journo copped a spray...:eek:

Don't want to flog a dead horse but heard yesterday that dramas have begun already out at the kennel. I was told that Cunningham was appointed Senior Coach, and our mate Chris to be his assistant. Not co-coaches as the paper suggested. The young coach was none too happy and by all reports even the journo copped a spray...:eek:

Someone get Shezza in here for confirmation:mad::heart:!!

I was a member last year of this blog and to come back, surf a few rooms and to read this, i must admit, this is the MOST REDICULOUS comment that has been posted.

Tommy Guy, were you such an enormous baby that you werent bounced on your poppa's knee long enough for your daddy to tell you that in afl footy that involves men who dont wear hair bands and who actually use an oval shaped ball, we have COACHES. We are talking purely about wording here but the mere angle you take is plan dumb! You must be the pride of your club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back