AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tamba old mate, just been flicking through some old notes, and can't find anywhere that the Crocs have stated that they are one tune this season or anything of them saying that they have players missing or the ROT that you speak of,, if you can let me know where that is printed anywhere , i would be more than appreciative

Have to agree haven't heard anything from Port, only others views....

So I see on the clearances that cam bartlett has gone to hawks? Thats gotta be some kind of coup for them?!! And I hear they were impressive up in port douglas on the weekend. Add to the mix centrals flogging of north cairns, gavin millers first game against his old club and we have a recipe for a good game of footy next week! I hear Souths pumped a hapless cities?? Is the coach out suspended?

L Campbell 13
B Hallas 12
R Booth 11
M Markham 10
G Oughton 8
J Coatsworth 8
F Pittorino 7

Goal kicking changes drastically in one week, but is a lot closer! Campbell must have really put on a show!

Pittorino didn't play, still consider him in the chances for the title.

The games this weekend were a lot more one-sided than one would have thought. Port won the last quarter, but were pretty comprehensively beaten overall, especially from the jump.

Centrals winning isn't a big surprise, but the margin certainly was. 3 goals after quarter time is a pretty poor return for the Tigers.

Hawks v CTB this weekend will be pretty big, given this weeks results. Both full of confidence and looking to get some Ws on the board, particularly against those they're competing for top 2 spots with.

North v Port could be the battle for 4th place so their meeting this week takes on a bit more importance. Both sides coming off pretty bad losses.

Just when you think you've got some type of order sorted, some very skewed results throw it all about.

Goal Leaders:
Lee Campbell Centrals Trinity Beach 16
Ryan Booth Manunda Hawks 12
Benjamin Hallas Cairns Saints 12
Michael Markham South Cairns 10
Gareth Oughton Centrals Trinity Beach 8
James Coatsworth Cairns Saints 8
Fred Pittorino Manunda Hawks 7
Mark Wray Manunda Hawks 7

Once the Tigers start playing with a bit more discipline I think things will be ok. It was the major difference on the weekend but Lee Campbell showed a bit, 14 goals at the age of 38+ shouldn't be taken lightly, nor should the Dogs.

Port, South, Trinity and Norths are the teams who look most likely to fight for the 3rd and 4th spot at the moment. Unfortunately (at the moment ) it looks like there is daylight between Manunda and these 4, and going from the Saints v Manunda game last week there is daylight from Saints to the Hawks. In saying that, the beauty of this league is that things can change so quickly.... A few recruits come into the area and teams start to gel together. It would be a strong man to write teams off already.

Is R Booth a big lad? If he is a focal point he is a good show for the goal kicking along with Campbell. Hallas and Coatesworth are midfielders, but when you win by 100+ goals come a little easier. Hard to pick, no stand outs like a Shaw, Bartlett or Walsh running around. The last few years it has come from the top 2 teams hasn't it?

Boothy is a strong built bloke, not tall but very strong, and will only get better as the year goes on. Bartlett will be running around again very soon, so he could bob up with a few. And I heard Walsh will be back soon so he will definitely come close again. And Campbell sounds like he'll be more than a handful. So I think there's a good battle going on for the league leading goalkicker. What's the name of the medal/trophy for this here?

Once the Tigers start playing with a bit more discipline I think things will be ok. It was the major difference on the weekend but Lee Campbell showed a bit, 14 goals at the age of 38+ shouldn't be taken lightly, nor should the Dogs.

Port, South, Trinity and Norths are the teams who look most likely to fight for the 3rd and 4th spot at the moment. Unfortunately (at the moment ) it looks like there is daylight between Manunda and these 4, and going from the Saints v Manunda game last week there is daylight from Saints to the Hawks. In saying that, the beauty of this league is that things can change so quickly.... A few recruits come into the area and teams start to gel together. It would be a strong man to write teams off already.

Is R Booth a big lad? If he is a focal point he is a good show for the goal kicking along with Campbell. Hallas and Coatesworth are midfielders, but when you win by 100+ goals come a little easier. Hard to pick, no stand outs like a Shaw, Bartlett or Walsh running around. The last few years it has come from the top 2 teams hasn't it?

Lucky enough to be at the Port V Hawks game and yes Booth is a big lad, strong hands, worst kicking style you will ever see!!!!

The indigenous talent on show was superb, Roe, Perry and Scrimgour, Harbrow,Alick, all the Hawks were fantastic, as was the 4 Port guys, Relton is over weight and underdone, but gee he can play, and I would advise all teams now that he will only get better.

The Hawks looked the real deal, only slowed up in the last 15mins to allow Port in with some easy goals, Ehlich up to his usual stupid stuff, is he just dumb or completely dumb?? Sucked in every time, so in conclusion, I think if the Hawks can keep this team, and I believe via the Port pres, they still had 5-6 out, and by all reports they are an outstanding 5-6, I think they can be very good this year, whereas the Port boys will need no injuries, or they will struggle a bit, although Hocking and Boxall were not playing, couldnt see them turning the result around.

Well done to the Cutters, good stuff boys, and the Centrals lads have made it interesting now!!!

Lucky enough to be at the Port V Hawks game and yes Booth is a big lad, strong hands, worst kicking style you will ever see!!!!

The indigenous talent on show was superb, Roe, Perry and Scrimgour, Harbrow,Alick, all the Hawks were fantastic, as was the 4 Port guys, Relton is over weight and underdone, but gee he can play, and I would advise all teams now that he will only get better.

The Hawks looked the real deal, only slowed up in the last 15mins to allow Port in with some easy goals, Ehlich up to his usual stupid stuff, is he just dumb or completely dumb?? Sucked in every time, so in conclusion, I think if the Hawks can keep this team, and I believe via the Port pres, they still had 5-6 out, and by all reports they are an outstanding 5-6, I think they can be very good this year, whereas the Port boys will need no injuries, or they will struggle a bit, although Hocking and Boxall were not playing, couldnt see them turning the result around.

Well done to the Cutters, good stuff boys, and the Centrals lads have made it interesting now!!!

Is it really required? Like really, yeh there were a few blues but Port boys were no saints. And both the guys had a talk and a hand shake after the game like real men.

Is it really required? Like really, yeh there were a few blues but Port boys were no saints. And both the guys had a talk and a hand shake after the game like real men.

All i was refering to was he gets sucked into a lot of unneeded attention toward other players, when really there is no need, agreed the Port boys were no angels, BUT, he has to stop getting sent off, I believe he has been sent off the past 2 games?? (unsure only from what i have read on here)

If he is going to be a contributor to the Hawks push this year he needs to concentrate on football, at which he is very good, not on field rubbish!

All i was refering to was he gets sucked into a lot of unneeded attention toward other players, when really there is no need, agreed the Port boys were no angels, BUT, he has to stop getting sent off, I believe he has been sent off the past 2 games?? (unsure only from what i have read on here)

If he is going to be a contributor to the Hawks push this year he needs to concentrate on football, at which he is very good, not on field rubbish!

Agreed and is a very valid point :thumbsu:

From what I've heard he's more trouble than he's worth! Just ask North Cairns!!! Fair call Watson's???

From what I've heard he's more trouble than he's worth! Just ask North Cairns!!! Fair call Watson's???
No I wouldn't say that at all Upthemiddle, He is actually a good kid. Just has probably the worst case of white line fever I've ever seen. His time at Norths came to an end because of a disagreement with then coach Oakley, nothing else. He can be hard to manage discipline-wise, and it definitely has to improve , but he is an elite player in this competiton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I wouldn't say that at all Upthemiddle, He is actually a good kid. Just has probably the worst case of white line fever I've ever seen. His time at Norths came to an end because of a disagreement with then coach Oakley, nothing else. He can be hard to manage discipline-wise, and it definitely has to improve , but he is an elite player in this competiton.

Hopefully he pulls his head and knuckles down for the sake of the team, they were outstanding for 3 1/2 qtrs Saturday, and if he cant see that the Hawks are in for a good year, then he only has himself to blame!

Watson, what happened with the Tigers Saturday? CTB just to good, few outs and injuries for the Tigers?? I reckon they are a heap better than the scoreline Saturday? Can you shed some light on them please??

Sounds about right to me Watson's. The club is always bigger than the individual but I'm sure Hawks will sort his white line fever out. We have a good group of leaders and coaching staff, and all are supported by good people behind the scenes.

Sydney had a good bunch of sports psychologists tending to Big Bad Barry and they couldn't get through to him.

Some people are just beyond help when it comes to white line fever. I hope that's not the case here.

As for respect from his peers, I'm sure he has it from his team-mates, but I doubt many of his 'peers' at opposing clubs have much respect for him as a player.

Sydney had a good bunch of sports psychologists tending to Big Bad Barry and they couldn't get through to him.

Some people are just beyond help when it comes to white line fever. I hope that's not the case here.

As for respect from his peers, I'm sure he has it from his team-mates, but I doubt many of his 'peers' at opposing clubs have much respect for him as a player.

I agree Saint. Respect is a big thing in footy and surely no one respects a guy who gets sent off more often than not. He is hurting his team by leaving them 1 short on the ground. He might be a good player but until he can change his ways he will more than likely be just another guy oppostion players and supporters know they can easily get under his skin and he will crack.

I agree Saint. Respect is a big thing in footy and surely no one respects a guy who gets sent off more often than not. He is hurting his team by leaving them 1 short on the ground. He might be a good player but until he can change his ways he will more than likely be just another guy oppostion players and supporters know they can easily get under his skin and he will crack.

It should have been put in his contract --anger management & a fine, every time you spend cooling ya heels on the sideline----- if they knew about it.

Goal Leaders:
Lee Campbell Centrals Trinity Beach 16
Ryan Booth Manunda Hawks 12
Benjamin Hallas Cairns Saints 12
Michael Markham South Cairns 10
Gareth Oughton Centrals Trinity Beach 8
James Coatsworth Cairns Saints 8
Fred Pittorino Manunda Hawks 7
Mark Wray Manunda Hawks 7

These will certain change over the next few weeks when the stronger sides meet the Lions --- sorry for them to be on the receiving end,

Its quite simple really, you just GET RID OF THEM! I've seen too many idiots come between a clubs harmony over the years. Did Saints not give the boot to miller very early seeing he was going to be a menace to the clubs harmony? Same thing! I missed you to flintstone...

Don't know anything about Gav Miller.

There's a difference between causing disharmony at a club (mostly off-field) and causing problems on-field. If his on-field indiscretions are harmful to the team, they can drop him to the 2s or further. Chances are the judiciary will get there first anyway.

From reports here, he's a nice person off the field and doesn't sound like he causes disharmony at the club. Just on the field.

Hopefully he pulls his head and knuckles down for the sake of the team, they were outstanding for 3 1/2 qtrs Saturday, and if he cant see that the Hawks are in for a good year, then he only has himself to blame!

Watson, what happened with the Tigers Saturday? CTB just to good, few outs and injuries for the Tigers?? I reckon they are a heap better than the scoreline Saturday? Can you shed some light on them please??

Don't want to use a tired line, but yeah, a few important players out. Basically missing 6 of our most experienced players which really helps with such a young team. Don't know for sure but it seems Kane has made the decision to give the juniors a go at all costs. There are definitely older blokes in the 2s who could step up for a game or 2 but haven't been used. Good to see if you ask me, might mean some short term pain but might uncover a couple of gems.
Don't want to take anything from Centrals though and their game against Hawks should be a beauty.
On another note, Sat was the first time I've seen the new umpires advisor in action. He was clearly a level above his 2 mates, dealt with any niggle well and basically seemed pretty consistent, which is all we ever ask. Hopefully he can lift the overall standard up here.:thumbsu:

So some tips for this week:-

Hawks just. Congrats to Boe Halter who is getting married this weekend!
Saints by 150
Port by 5 goals

Don't want to use a tired line, but yeah, a few important players out. Basically missing 6 of our most experienced players which really helps with such a young team. Don't know for sure but it seems Kane has made the decision to give the juniors a go at all costs. There are definitely older blokes in the 2s who could step up for a game or 2 but haven't been used. Good to see if you ask me, might mean some short term pain but might uncover a couple of gems.
Don't want to take anything from Centrals though and their game against Hawks should be a beauty.
On another note, Sat was the first time I've seen the new umpires advisor in action. He was clearly a level above his 2 mates, dealt with any niggle well and basically seemed pretty consistent, which is all we ever ask. Hopefully he can lift the overall standard up here.:thumbsu:

Well I say good on ya's, if thats the direction of the club, then good for them, and well done Kane and the pres for going that way, sure maybe some pain along the way, but, as the Hawks have done over the past 3-4 years, and the cutters last year, and port 2 years ago before they culled them all for imports, it has to be the way to go, and if memory serves me correct, saints are heading that way, albeit with under 14's,

Please correct me if I am wrong, the Hawks have been playing kids for a fair while now, and I see a fair majority are still playing, made the finals the last couple of years, so hopefully watson it may be only short lived pain, as it looks like the cutters have had only for last year.

hAWKS BY 3 GOALS
pORT BY 8 GOALS, AND RELTON TO TURN IT ON
sAINTS BY WHATEVER THEY WANT, NO DISRESPECT CAIRNS LIONS

Well I say good on ya's, if thats the direction of the club, then good for them, and well done Kane and the pres for going that way, sure maybe some pain along the way, but, as the Hawks have done over the past 3-4 years, and the cutters last year, and port 2 years ago before they culled them all for imports, it has to be the way to go, and if memory serves me correct, saints are heading that way, albeit with under 14's,

Please correct me if I am wrong, the Hawks have been playing kids for a fair while now, and I see a fair majority are still playing, made the finals the last couple of years, so hopefully watson it may be only short lived pain, as it looks like the cutters have had only for last year.

hAWKS BY 3 GOALS
pORT BY 8 GOALS, AND RELTON TO TURN IT ON
sAINTS BY WHATEVER THEY WANT, NO DISRESPECT CAIRNS LIONS

Centrals in a heart stopper
Port write your own ticket on this
Saints-- well -should out do Hawks score against them- SORRY NO DISRESPECT CAIRNS LIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back