AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

This weeks games, could have a huge bearing on where teams finish at seasons end.
What do you guys think the highlights of the round will be?

Souths v Port is a huge game, I reckon the winner of this game will play finals. I'll tip Port.

Saints v Norths could be interesting if Saints find themself behind again. Naturally going with the Saints to bounce back.

Lions v Centrals is the last chance ball for Lions to win this year. I will tip them and Chris Adams to get 100 touches in his first game back for the season. Chris must be an 8 point player, how does that work with the Manunda bloke playing for them and the 2 boys returning from Centrals? Will they be over the points?

Souths v Port is a huge game, I reckon the winner of this game will play finals. I'll tip Port.

Saints v Norths could be interesting if Saints find themself behind again. Naturally going with the Saints to bounce back.

Lions v Centrals is the last chance ball for Lions to win this year. I will tip them and Chris Adams to get 100 touches in his first game back for the season. Chris must be an 8 point player, how does that work with the Manunda bloke playing for them and the 2 boys returning from Centrals? Will they be over the points?

Lions should have a lot of 1 or 2 pointers, so should not be a problem :cool:

A Thought for you all ???

Will Chris qualify under the interstate point ruling ?????

which is 4 points as he played away during the off & this current season till tranfer window was about to close

it will take me some working out from the league rules on this o_O

Maybe someone else currently up on the point rule can

NO PUN intended over RULE me :p ( Saint , Flintstone or Dr.K)

Lions have a couple of Manunda blokes in Brandon Lovell & Malcolm Dotoi, plus Adams makes it 3 x 8 pointers. How many Centrals players do they have?

Couldn't possibly be under the limit.

Port should win even with so many injuries. Saints will thump Tigers by 15 goals+. Lions to get their first win since Jesus was a boy.

Those Centrals guys were originally Lions, so they don't count for much, though?? Is that right?

Souths, Saints and Centrals (unfortunately, though nothing against the Lions)

I keep tipping the LIons and they keep losing, hopefully this gets them over the line.

Those Centrals guys were originally Lions, so they don't count for much, though?? Is that right?

Souths, Saints and Centrals (unfortunately, though nothing against the Lions)

I keep tipping the Lions and they keep losing, hopefully this gets them over the line.

From my checking they return with no added points, all returning to the same club hence from,

Chris is a 4 pointer,
don't know how but apparently is. from the source.

please kick me if wrong

The tea leaf should be 8 points!

And the Centrals boys should 8 also. Doesn't matter if you go back to same club does it?

Maybe the league has given lions special dispensation to help them?

And the Centrals boys should 8 also. Doesn't matter if you go back to same club does it?

Tea leaf??? Haha
I think the league may have given them a concession,
And why not!! If the don't or if they haven't we would probably see a club fold!! At least they will be competitive and maybe get that 1st win this weekend :)

I think it was a previso to try and get players to go back to the original club after they see the errors of their move

This happened a few years ago with Souths some lads left some came back they couldn't quite fit in (missed their mates) Uhhhhhh Mateship is all important to some

That's proberley why Saints do so well in recruiting,, mates go a long way to intice players

do you agree Saint supporters (am not having a go at all only stating my view & i think i am pretty right )

From my checking they return with no added points, all returning to the same club hence from,

Chris is a 4 pointer,
don't know how but apparently is. from the source.

please kick me if wrong

I'm pretty sure Chris Adams will be an 8 pointer. When he came to Centrals he was classed as on 8 because he had played for Souths even though he was only playing for them on a permit. As for the boys going back to Lions, I believe they will go back as whatever their points tally was when they where at Lions......
The following is from the Player points document given to clubs

1.Players returning to their original AFL Cairns Club after at least one season away return at their rating prior to departure less two points with a minimum of one point.

2.An AFL Cairns player wishing to return to a different AFL Cairns Club from another League is an eight point player, less two points for each entire season spent in the other League after leaving AFL Cairns.

Hope this helps to maybe clarify the situation.....

I think it was a previso to try and get players to go back to the original club after they see the errors of their move

This happened a few years ago with Souths some lads left some came back they couldn't quite fit in (missed their mates) Uhhhhhh Mateship is all important to some

That's proberley why Saints do so well in recruiting,, mates go a long way to intice players

do you agree Saint supporters (am not having a go at all only stating my view & i think i am pretty right )

For sure thats the main way saints recruit... Look at this years list. Ben Hallas came to the club couple years ago because his GF wanted to play netball and at the time saints were the only football netball club... the next year his cousin hislop joined him and then this year Jarvie, Braybon and Kelly all came up after hearing how good it is... So Saints ended up with 5 quality senior footballers all from them being mates

It's how Gill came to the club.

If they're not friends, they're generally friends of friends. That's how the best recruiting happens in Victoria as well. Blokes will stay at a club for cash for maybe one or two seasons, but will stay for mates for a lot longer for a lot less. The more mates you get together, the easier it is to keep them. Jarvie had already played in Cairns prior to playing with those guys in Melbourne.

The same story is repeated with the 8 or 9 doctors or partners of doctors at the club.
There's 3 guys at Saints from the prestigious Scotch College in Melbourne (by coincidence).

The rest of them are from a broader friendship/friends of friends group in Vic from Warrnambool to Ballarat to Wycheproof to Wangaratta.

That pretty much covers 80% of the list.

So Adams is 8, Lovell is 8 and the returning guys are all 1s.

Your choice of name is interesting Lukascheats, and the way you dub others (mobility, size) is also an enlightening topic ;) . Hearing your piercing voice from the bar gave it all away on Saturday. May I ask why no one stayed around for a beer after the game? Saints pride themselves on at least having 1 drink at opposition clubs and love it when the favour is returned.

I hope all the youth in the area is well.

Well played Saturday.

Gee are you referring to our youth??? There is absolutely nothing wrong with our players.... Etherington, Phillips, Teale and Cole are as good as any going around in that age group and considering our list, they have stepped up against some of the competitions bigger players....

As for the bar, i wasnt given enough pocket money to purchase a drink but i did manage a hot dog as there were no pies left.... Pregame snack for your assistant coach explains a couple of efforts he made!

Left at start of last quarter but will admit, Saints did come upstairs at fretty for a beer and we certainly repayed the thanks even after having our pants pulled down by your club last time around!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Adams is 8, Lovell is 8 and the returning guys are all 1s.

Dotoi is 8 also. That's 24 points for just 3 players, leaving 10-12 for the remaining 19! Is my maths a bit askew or does that not add up even close?

I'm all for helping Lions out, but shouldn't the other clubs be notified that this is happening? What else is being let go and where?

G'Day Guys. Been reading this forum with interest & thought I would clarify the Lions point situation (as far as I know).

Adams 8 point
Dotoi 8 point
Lovell 4 point (due to below minimum senior involvement at previous club)
Toby Fat 2 point (due to similar exposure at other club at senior level & a long term junior with us)

We also have numerous zero point players (over 5 years loyalty) & heaps of 1 point players, which are our outstanding / promising juniors coming through. Rest assured, the league are doing us no favours on this score.

Looking forward to celebrating our first senior win as the Lions this weekend, fingers crossed....

G'Day Guys. Been reading this forum with interest & thought I would clarify the Lions point situation (as far as I know).

Adams 8 point
Dotoi 8 point
Lovell 4 point (due to below minimum senior involvement at previous club)
Toby Fat 2 point (due to similar exposure at other club at senior level & a long term junior with us)

We also have numerous zero point players (over 5 years loyalty) & heaps of 1 point players, which are our outstanding / promising juniors coming through. Rest assured, the league are doing us no favours on this score.

Looking forward to celebrating our first senior win as the Lions this weekend, fingers crossed....

My KISS OF DEATH

Lions

Souths

Mmmmmmm -------:confused:------- Norths

From a phone to me today

Lions did a number on Centrals (huge)

Souths dicked Port by 68 points after they were leading by 6 goals at 1/4 time

Souths Magoo's by 44

As previously said DO NOT Discount these young lads

Well it would appear that some tippers were wrong this week with the Cutters cementing 4th spot. :p

How did the other games go? Did the Lions finally chalk up a win?

In Ressies, Cutters gave Port a touch up.

Yeah good win at Souths. Dont know if I would say you've cemented fourth yet though Flintstone.
Gee port have some injuries! That team was an out and out reserves team at Fretwell yesterday.. Cooper has done well over the past few weeks to get wins on the board but it just all became too much for them yesterday.

Lewis kicked 13 and is some kind of a player! Would love to see him in a good team delivering quality footy to him. Hopefully he sticks around for Lions for a couple of years.

It's official, the wheels have fallen off out at Norths. What's happened out at Watson's? Anyone? They've gone backwards in a hurry and are a shell of the team that had us all believing early that they would be the best chance to take it to Saints.

Saints are back after a depleted team dropped their only game last week and are still 10-1 on for the title. Macqueen's a very good player that gets under the radar.

Yeah good win at Souths. Dont know if I would say you've cemented fourth yet though Flintstone.
Gee port have some injuries! That team was an out and out reserves team at Fretwell yesterday.. Cooper has done well over the past few weeks to get wins on the board but it just all became too much for them yesterday.

Lewis kicked 13 and is some kind of a player! Would love to see him in a good team delivering quality footy to him. Hopefully he sticks around for Lions for a couple of years.

It's official, the wheels have fallen off out at Norths. What's happened out at Watson's? Anyone? They've gone backwards in a hurry and are a shell of the team that had us all believing early that they would be the best chance to take it to Saints.

Saints are back after a depleted team dropped their only game last week and are still 10-1 on for the title. Macqueen's a very good player that gets under the radar.

Yeah Saints far too good, but I wouldn't say the wheels have fallen off. We get a few back over the next fortnight so hopefully we can improve on yesterday. We have been playing 5 or 6 u18s every week and they are all going to be much better for the experience of playing against some very good Saints players. We are going to play finals for the first time in 8 years so cannot be disappointed with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back