AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you have one of each Tamba??? How'd the nephews go? Any chance of getting them to Souths next year??

Souths have done well this year old friend and with a few recruits next year should threaten once again. (this is me eating humble pie after writing them off at the start of the year). That's as good as it gets!

Floggy how is the lad going in the juniors? Why does he not play at Souths? Do all his mates play at hawks??
I

He went well this year at the Hawks took out BOG etc. Was purely his decision to move to Hawks during the year, he'd had enough of the bullshit being put on his coach. My boy told me that if he goes, I go. He was welcomed with open arms, already knew most of the team and we were made to feel very welcomed. The Hawks coach is a great bloke and knows his stuff and I hope he sticks around to coach the U14's again next year. The other boy will move over to Hawks next season to play U12's.

Was great to see the Lions get up on the weekend. I'm sure it will stand them in good stead for next year.

Kiss of death for this week -

Norths in a tight one over Hawks at the Den
Saints in a cricket score over Centrals
I think Port will be too strong for the Lions at the Croc Pit

By the way, Tamba how is the 'Tipping Leaderboard' going this year???

Kiss of death for this week -

Norths in a tight one over Hawks at the Den
Saints in a cricket score over Centrals
I think Port will be too strong for the Lions at the Croc Pit

By the way, Tamba how is the 'Tipping Leaderboard' going this year???

I have time to burn this weekend, have all but finished presentation nights show program.

The garden is done, no dog show to go to,

only a carton to down & some reds I brought back from S.A.

Missus is working so will work on it then.

I'm tipping a spiteful clash at Watson's oval this week with Ehlich facing the premiership mates he walked out on in such a hissy fit at the beginning of the year.

What you think Watson's? You kicks few this week with Ehlich beside you or will he get a run in the middle?

Also, I reckon Walsh will kick 20 this week.

I'm tipping a spiteful clash at Watson's oval this week with Ehlich facing the premiership mates he walked out on in such a hissy fit at the beginning of the year.

What you think Watson's? You kicks few this week with Ehlich beside you or will he get a run in the middle?

Walsh could kick 30 however wouldn't suprise me to see Harkin, Mcqueen, Allan or Gill get double figures.... Gill kicked 11 or so points last game so if he kicks straight could see him get up close to 90 and needing 10 in the last round to chalk up the ton..
Great article in the weekly times this week to on the Cairns Saints... ex coach James Coatsworth talking about how great playing in Cairns was.. Surely will have a few players running around in the southern states considering a move to FNQ which should benefit all clubs..

On another note heard that it wont be long before we have netball being played the same day as the footy... Can only help improve the league and get more people through the gate... As of next yr Saints and Nths will have a court. Souths and Port already have a netball court at their home ground... Have the bulldogs got one out at Trinity??? and what are the Hawks going to do when they get the boot from Cazalys??

Walsh could kick 30 however wouldn't suprise me to see Harkin, Mcqueen, Allan or Gill get double figures.... Gill kicked 11 or so points last game so if he kicks straight could see him get up close to 90 and needing 10 in the last round to chalk up the ton..
Great article in the weekly times this week to on the Cairns Saints... ex coach James Coatsworth talking about how great playing in Cairns was.. Surely will have a few players running around in the southern states considering a move to FNQ which should benefit all clubs..

On another note heard that it wont be long before we have netball being played the same day as the footy... Can only help improve the league and get more people through the gate... As of next yr Saints and Nths will have a court. Souths and Port already have a netball court at their home ground... Have the bulldogs got one out at Trinity??? and what are the Hawks going to do when they get the boot from Cazalys??

Cough, Cough Choke, :eek:

you made me spill my glass of Penfolds 92 Dr :oops:

what are you on my dear Friend?:p

taking a few precription Hallucinogenic are we? o_O

Cough, Cough Choke, :eek:

you made me spill my glass of Penfolds 92 Dr :oops:

what are you on my dear Friend?:p

taking a few precription Hallucinogenic are we? o_O

Haha What odds will you give me for Walsh to kick over 20 then Tamba??? 5 a quarter when you would imagine the ball is going to be down there most of the time....

Ehlich will be all over the place, and who knows where I'll end up. Wherever I'm needed most I'd say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Combined winning margin of about 400pts for Saints today. Fair to say the goal umps had more to do than some of the players
Tigers by 10 goals today, was out to nearly 100 but Hawks got a few late, even 1st quarter before we trounced em in the middle. They are a much better team at Cazalys but still thought they'd show more today. 2's easy win as well.

290 to 19 or something like that. 130 to 6 or something like that in the 2's

If fit & playing Walsh needs 7 goals against us next week to brake the record of 128 or 6 to tie in the home and away section of the comp.

Well we may just have to tag him pretty heavily and everyone else in the team LOL

To be real Souths have next to no chance of beating Saints next week.

For a senior game to be won by 270 points is nothing short of pathetic. Even Lions at their worst weren't beaten by that much.

I think I may be stating the obvious, but this town will NEVER and should never have an NEAFL team.

I've been a strong supporter of it in the past but while our competition is as weak as it is, the only thing the two deities of AFL Cairns should be endeavoring to achieve is a sustainable and competitive competition. Forget moving Hawks out of Cazalys, forget bringing in a new senior team out of Gordonvale, forget this rubbish of a future NEAFL team let alone the nonsensical talk of a future AFL team, just fix this mess!! Don't ask me how, I'm not the one being paid the big bucks to come up with the answers, but those who are need to come up with something and sooner rather than late.

I know I'll have my detractors regarding such comments but my only concern is for the health of the game in our piece of paradise.

For a senior game to be won by 270 points is nothing short of pathetic. Even Lions at their worst weren't beaten by that much.

I think I may be stating the obvious, but this town will NEVER and should never have an NEAFL team.

I've been a strong supporter of it in the past but while our competition is as weak as it is, the only thing the two deities of AFL Cairns should be endeavoring to achieve is a sustainable and competitive competition. Forget moving Hawks out of Cazalys, forget bringing in a new senior team out of Gordonvale, forget this rubbish of a future NEAFL team let alone the nonsensical talk of a future AFL team, just fix this mess!! Don't ask me how, I'm not the one being paid the big bucks to come up with the answers, but those who are need to come up with something and sooner rather than late.

I know I'll have my detractors regarding such comments but my only concern is for the health of the game in our piece of paradise.

I now agree with you wholeheartedly, After Souths dicked them two weeks ago (scoring over 200) and now Saints, is this the biggest bum kicking in AFL Cairns ?????
it is worse than the 90's when we were dicked every game

Cairns does not and should not put there hands up again for an NEAFL side it will be an embarrassment to what we have left of a competition. But G. Y & M. will push ahead no doubt

This is exactly why we DO need a NEAFL team.

This is exactly why we DO need a NEAFL team.
I agree... It's going to happen as the AFL want a base close to neigbouring countries to help with development/recruiting of Nic Naitanui types... Cairns being close to Fiji, PNG etc... With Nic Nat and Majak Daw (understand he is from Sudan not fiji) AFL recuriters are looking for the next Nic Nat/Majak freak athletes and developing them in a NEAFL team would be ideal. Surely it would strengthen the comp as the fringe players would play in the local comp when they don't get selected in the team.

As for the weekend games.. Saints reserves vs Centrals seniors would have been a more interesting contest than the debarcle that was the senior game.

Who were the Nth players to be injuryed if they finished with 16 fit men?? and Glen Martin booting the ball from 10m out into someones house? not like him to try and be a hero :rolleyes:

Richard you are the president of the club my frineed therefore you need to be a little more professional than what this post indicates. Did Ben knock back money from your club or something? Is that why u so madd?? You are so easy to troll and bite back hard without fail every time! I like it though it shows not only that u madd! But it shows you are an old man full of hate! Please don't be a hater Richard! I really think you have a lot of love in that little heart cage of yours... Imagine how beautiful it could be?? Richard and I mean the Richard behind Dontargu, preach love not war and show us all that you ain't so madd after all.

All my love,

Glenny! Xoxo

Ps. Ben is a very beautiful person and I think you should get to know him a little better. It could be. The start of something wonderful and could bring joy to your life!

Richard you are the president of the club my frineed therefore you need to be a little more professional than what this post indicates. Did Ben knock back money from your club or something? Is that why u so madd?? You are so easy to troll and bite back hard without fail every time! I like it though it shows not only that u madd! But it shows you are an old man full of hate! Please don't be a hater Richard! I really think you have a lot of love in that little heart cage of yours... Imagine how beautiful it could be?? Richard and I mean the Richard behind Dontargu, preach love not war and show us all that you ain't so madd after all.

All my love,

Glenny! Xoxo

Ps. Ben is a very beautiful person and I think you should get to know him a little better. It could be. The start of something wonderful and could bring joy to your life!

Ahh Quagmire (of crap), how wrong you are. I am NOT Richard Martin, and Hawks nor any other Cairns club would offer Ben Hallas anything more than a bag of marshmallows to play at their club. Maybe some farmers would like to him to round up some sheep as he is a very good sheepdog.

I have no doubt at all he is, as you say, a beautiful person. Soft and tender hearted, and repeatedly goes through a box of Kleenex on movie night at home with his boyfriend. You can see it in his footy.

And please don't act as if you and DrKimble conspired to have me bite back at anything... I, like every other member of the AFL Cairns football league outside Saints, are fed up with your misplaced arrogance. As a result of your continuous ribbing of Glen Martin I thought I'd throw in the memory of Marto and little Benny Hallas the competition weakling that grabbed huge laughs on the footy show.

Ahh Quagmire (of crap), how wrong you are. I am NOT Richard Martin, and Hawks nor any other Cairns club would offer Ben Hallas anything more than a bag of marshmallows to play at their club. Maybe some farmers would like to him to round up some sheep as he is a very good sheepdog.

I have no doubt at all he is, as you say, a beautiful person. Soft and tender hearted, and repeatedly goes through a box of Kleenex on movie night at home with his boyfriend. You can see it in his footy.

And please don't act as if you and DrKimble conspired to have me bite back at anything... I, like every other member of the AFL Cairns football league outside Saints, are fed up with your misplaced arrogance. As a result of your continuous ribbing of Glen Martin I thought I'd throw in the memory of Marto and little Benny Hallas the competition weakling that grabbed huge laughs on the footy show.

U mad?!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back