AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard on the grapevine that lions have picked up a promising youngster Dylan Pierce from the cutters and is rumored to be bring Alex Carter to lions which would be his 4th club in 4 years....correct me if I'm wrong.

Could these boys take the lions to September action in 2013

Good old Lachrilly, another Saint to the rescue in support of one another's arrogance. It was Quagmire who brought up the same old cheap shot on Marto then continued on a rant that would make the resident fruit loop at the local asylum feel inadequate, accusing me of being Hawks President no less..

Haha Am pretty sure you're the one who's mad Quagmire.

Heard on the grapevine that lions have picked up a promising youngster Dylan Pierce from the cutters and is rumored to be bring Alex Carter to lions which would be his 4th club in 4 years....correct me if I'm wrong.

Young Pierce is just a player and although Carter has a little more ability he is damaged goods and comes with a family whose still looking for Lurch and Uncle Fester. They'll just be numbers but won't help the cause in any great way. Unless Lions have the same arrogant attitude that Saints did when Carter first crossed to them. They accused Hawks of not knowing how to deal with Carter claiming that the genius that is Max O'Halloran would sort him out.

Tell me Saints brethren, is young Carter still at Saints or was he too much for almighty Max and co?

Good old Lachrilly, another Saint to the rescue in support of one another's arrogance. It was Quagmire who brought up the same old cheap shot on Marto then continued on a rant that wouldmake the resident fruit loop at the local asylum feel inadequate, accusing me of being Hawks President no less..

Haha Am pretty sure you're the one who's mad Quagmire.

Wow you real mad!?

Lions wont risk 8 points on a kid,

Dylan may be up and coming but not worth the points for any club to take on, He isn't a Powell , Gill, Walsh , or Aslick

Sorry Dylan if you want to come back to Cairns, it might as well be back at Souths 0 points.

If not picking him then him leaving is not knowing how to handle him then fair enough. Looks like the same old story with Carter, did everything right all season was dropped and that was it. Pretty sure he wouldn't get dropped if he went to Lions, maybe Centrals is another club he could get an easy game. Pretty sure what Martin did was last week not last season and is a multiple offender on this kinda thing.

It's the best standard cairns has to offer.
A lot of people will tell you to go play at saints if you choose to have a run but for sake of the league if your a decent enough player look at any one of the remaining 6 teams as it would help even the standard out. If after money go to cutters as they pay for mediocrity, hawks have best facility's being based at cazalys.
Bulldogs are a shambles and could do with some decent blokes at the club
Lions are on the rise and should contest for finals next year
Port are a one town club and have a good tradition
Tigers are another club on the improve and there premiership window should be open for next 5 years

The good players are good and with exception of saints it drops away once you come to the 15th or 16th player

It's the best standard cairns has to offer.
A lot of people will tell you to go play at saints if you choose to have a run but for sake of the league if your a decent enough player look at any one of the remaining 6 teams as it would help even the standard out. If after money go to cutters as they pay for mediocrity, hawks have best facility's being based at cazalys.
Bulldogs are a shambles and could d o with some decent blokes at the club
Lions are on the rise and should contest for finals next year
Port are a one town club and have a good tradition
Tigers are another club on the improve and there premiership window should be open for next 5 years

The good players are good and with exception of saints it drops away once you come to the 15th or 16th player

Whats this garbage, you speak with forked tongue, :confused:

Cutters may pay, but small incentive fees,

we expect value for $$$ if you get anything,

the club SACKED 5 this yr because they thought they were on holidays and not giving their best,

Gone, :thumbsdown:

way

Gone :thumbsdown:

are the payments we payed 4/5 years ago & GOT NO Value or Minimal ,

that's why the club is happily in the black now,

ready for the next venture of an expanded club house :p

Souths made the finals this year by identifying & using juniors to supplement our aging roster.

Long Live the Cutters

If not picking him then him leaving is not knowing how to handle him then fair enough. Looks like the same old story with Carter, did everything right all season was dropped and that was it. Pretty sure he wouldn't get dropped if he went to Lions, maybe Centrals is another club he could get an easy game. Pretty sure what Martin did was last week not last season and is a multiple offender on this kinda thing.
The Marto incident on Saturday was actually pretty funny for us Tiger supporters. He had a shot from on the goal line with noone on the mark and tried to kick it 70 metres but absolutely shanked it and it just cleared the fence. If he had of been standing at the top of the square it would have gone out on the full. Was nearly the highlight of the day for the home crowd.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The all big Kiss of Death

an easy round to pick :eek:

Saints
Norths
Hawks

write your own tickets on these games

would have liked to see this weekend, if the draw fell right

Saints v Norths

Hawks v Souths

the the main showdown next week, I personnally think it would have been two weeks of spectaular footy.

Saints easy in both
Norths easy in both
Hawks easy in both

Souths will want to put in a good showing to give them confidence going into next week. Hawks will want to do the same after last weeks disappointment. Norths will want to continue last weeks good form while Saints will be looking to get everything right and maybe get Walsh the record if things are going well.

I seriously doubt it.

Kiss of death this week -

Sainst easily over the Cutters
Norths over the courageous Lions
Hawks over Centrals. Hawks have some injuries but I'm sure they'll overcome the hapless bulldogs.

The only reason Pierce would go to the Lions would be to follow Adams. The two formed a close bond during Adam's time at the Cutters.

Saints, Norths, Hawks.
Not much joy in tipping this week.

For the record, I think Walsh will set a big record, despite Souths dropping plenty back in his path.

As Walsh has said previously he is not after records.

The last time we met, Lockie kept him to 4.

Saints will find some way too feed him and rightly so
the record has stood way too long and what a fitting way for a champion to finish his career with his name on the top goal kicking mantle for years to come.

I will stand and applaud him if he does break it this Saturday at the bar,

why not ???

Walsh got them,
held to 4 half time,
Flea & Downies kept him in check

and Gilly accepted gleefully the reminisce

he had 3 before up before,

I shook his hand at the end in reconnection of the achievement,

we spoke

was disappointed with some from Saint they COULDN'T CARE LESS MORE INTERESTED IN HOLDING UP DOOR FRAMES ONLY ASKED LATER

what a way for recognizing a mammoth event :thumbsdown: Have pride in your players on the field whilst events unfold

SEE YOU IN THE ------------

Tamba is Back next Year

Not sure what your trying to say there Tamba. Is it that the players or the supporters didn't care that he broke the record? Well if every player going up to him and then chairing him off and the crowd clapping is not caring then wow. Or am i wrong and your trying to say something else?

Not sure what your trying to say there Tamba. Is it that the players or the supporters didn't care that he broke the record? Well if every player going up to him and then chairing him off and the crowd clapping is not caring then wow. Or am i wrong and your trying to say something else?

Some of the supporters were not interested.

I watched as they chaired him off and was the first to shake Walshies hand as he came off the field. Didn't see others there doing that

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back