AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard on the grapevine that were some unhappy locals at the meet and greet last Friday. Allegedly, a Richmond player told a father to F....off and a Suns player told a kid he couldn't be bothered and get out of the way. Not very good publicity I wouldn't have thought.o_O

Tips for this week -
Hawks to get over the Saints
Port to beat Norths at the Croc pit
Souths to beat Lions but I think Lions will give a good account of themselves. I'll also be interested to see what sort of reception Adams gets from his old team mates.
:cool:

Who are the TOP 5 influential players in the League in 2012............

1. R. Allen
2. Matt Walsh
3. Ryan Matthews
4. Tom Clough
5. Luke Powell

Who is everyone else's????

Gill
Ricter
L.Powell
Lions CHF(his name eludes me!)
Bosen

Saints only have 4? away this week?? That's a normal number of outs for any of the teams, even only minor. Not your 4 best in my opinion. Couch?!?! Seriously!! If he's playing state footy QLD country won't win a game.

What about the big co coach from saints

The only influences he has is on pie sales at griffiths. For the first time in the clubs history, they have to buy frozen bags of 6 frozen pies for the big fella, as you know they dont pay players!

I have seen more mobility in a goal post than in Braybon!

As a player, he's not as influential as Gill or Walsh. Walshy attracts a lot of defensive attention which is probably why the other smaller forwards have kicked so many this year.

It's R Couch playing for Qld Country.

Saint who is your top 5 in the league???

Gill, Walsh, Powell, Powell, Lewis.

I've only seen Richter play once or twice and he wasn't terribly impressive in either of those games, but I'm assured he's very handy. Him, Tennick and Matthews would be in the Top 10 I'm sure. Zack White and Zach Kelly from Saints would round out the top 10.

Can't say any of Port of Souths have stood out this year. I've only seen each team about 5 times between this year and last, so some players like Richter, I've only seen once or twice.

English wouldn't be in my top 15. One who I haven't heard much about this year is Bradbury from the Hawks. Not sure if he's been injured?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've only seen Richter play once or twice and he wasn't terribly impressive in either of those games, but I'm assured he's very handy. Him, Tennick and Matthews would be in the Top 10 I'm sure. Zack White and Zach Kelly from Saints would round out the top 10.

Can't say any of Port of Souths have stood out this year. I've only seen each team about 5 times between this year and last, so some players like Richter, I've only seen once or twice.

English wouldn't be in my top 15. One who I haven't heard much about this year is Bradbury from the Hawks. Not sure if he's been injured?

Where is Roe, Martin, Bradbury, Weiss and Aisi these players held it together for them last year and they being absent makes them weak down back??? Can anyone update??? Or is it a case they are playing and have been missing only against games v's cutters???

You don't agree with the selectors then???? ------ Cairns AFL or State
he was BoG against the Stockman
he is currently playing out of normal position at Souths and does well each week, or you got something against Dubya???

Does anyone know the top ten place getters in order from last season in the crathern medal count
It would be interesting to see the table from this season to last.

Would like to change my tip from Cities to Souths. Cities no chance with Lewis out

Noted

Saints
Norths
Souths

Will go back over pages and get the tallies of games for all tippers

(Long day at the show today, came away with 2 group wins had 3 entered, back at show grounds again tomorrow & Sunday for more shows)

Checked the scores of the QLD boys and I'm afraid to report, they've been hammered in every game and didn't even score against Victoria, not even a solitary point. That's what happens when you have a guy like Couch in a state team.
Walsh hasn't kicked a goal yet in 3 games. He kicks big bags against the weaker teams, but am trying to think, did he kick many against Port the past couple of years? Or Hawks last year? How many did he kick against Souths & Centrals before that?
I know we all say he can play, but against tough opposition I don't know if he's all that. In cricket terms, he's a flat track bully.

Checked the scores of the QLD boys and I'm afraid to report, they've been hammered in every game and didn't even score against Victoria, not even a solitary point. That's what happens when you have a guy like Couch in a state team.
Walsh hasn't kicked a goal yet in 3 games. He kicks big bags against the weaker teams, but am trying to think, did he kick many against Port the past couple of years? Or Hawks last year? How many did he kick against Souths & Centrals before that?
I know we all say he can play, but against tough opposition I don't know if he's all that. In cricket terms, he's a flat track bully.

Well said.
It dosnt help that against the weaker teams, opposition coaches think its a great idea to play a kid against him to fast track their experience.
It certainly does but the experience getting a bag kicked against them

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back