AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Assistant Coach Centrals as well for a short period.
Hi Tamba. Not sure how close you are to the cutters at present. Any truth via a leaked document the the clubs new recruits are only going to be paid for a win. No money for lose.

Lions kicking off their 2014 with a practice match Vs a PNG side on 8th march, should be an awesome day, interested to see how the PNG boys go, be hard at it I'd reckon...

If their U14'S Team is anything to go by I think the Lions might be reduced to a little purr.

A few more clearances popping up on the sportingpulse. Quite a few guys from the NTFL heading the way of manunda by the looks of it, not much else, most clubs haven't put much in other than the guys leaving and centrals heap of recruits. did notice a name that heading to port, Chris Adams, the same one that coached south a few years ago?

Same one. As soon as I seen Dylan Pierce transferring to Port, that confirmed it for me.

big Nick is coaching this year and Kenno will be helping out.
Love the confidence of the Cairns Lions after some recruiting... Maybe they could save AFL Cairns some time and engrave the cup now ;)
Not much talk about Centrals who I believe will improve a lot this year.. Have some handy players coming from NTFL along with the ones they have already got I'm told

Have been speaking with some people from out Trinity way and they're expecting a big year and have expectattions to be in the grand final.

Will be a good match to view, interesting to see how the lads from PNG have developed
, well done Lions growing the code outside and bringing in a near neighbour.
Love to see this become a yearly event if the funds can be stretched this will foster fantastic relations and even may bring them into the completion.

I seem to remember something was chatted about this 4 maybe 5 seasons ago, will stand corrected if out on the timing. Flintstone or may be Lachrilly may be able to help un-fog the grey matter.

A lot of games have been played since then and my memory isn't as good as it used to be. Was there some talk of a PNG team playing in the AFL Cairns comp at one stage??? PNG have played in Cairns and were entertaining. Having seen their U14 Team last year on the GC last year, they're bloody fast and can kick and mark a ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just an enquiry but is there much work going on up there? im from tassie playing in the NTFA currently and job is a bit un stable at the minute and might make the move north to the in laws at trinity beach.

just an enquiry but is there much work going on up there? im from tassie playing in the NTFA currently and job is a bit un stable at the minute and might make the move north to the in laws at trinity beach.

Players have left Cairns and gone back to Tassie because of a lack of work.

Tradies usually have a better chance of work in this very, very tight job market.
In saying this, our unemployed rate is quite high around 8% from memory may even be higher as reported in the local fish wrapper.

But hey give the area a go no matter which club you join you should like the life style

I dont think he will be a loss to Cutters who from all reports are training extremely well and going great guns...... Any reports Tamba?

From my source they are training very well and are enjoying themselves whilst doing so.

There was suppose to be an internal session / game last night.

The budget has been tight at the Cutters for a while. If there was a leaked document regarding payments maybe it has been handed to Wiki-leaks :cool: .
Did it come from a disgruntled prospective player ?? :rolleyes:
If you play for what you think you are worth and cannot get it from Souths, there are others willing to bleed o_O

From my source they are training very well and are enjoying themselves whilst doing so.

There was suppose to be an internal session / game last night.

The budget has been tight at the Cutters for a while. If there was a leaked document regarding payments maybe it has been handed to Wiki-leaks :cool: .
Did it come from a disgruntled prospective player ?? :rolleyes:
If you play for what you think you are worth and cannot get it from Souths, there are others willing to bleed o_O

Tamba hahahahah I laughed loud..... Wiki - leaks are all over your club!

Sources tell me Lenny Warren back training.... handy pick up if he isnt injured every 2nd week

I have heard saints have secured the services of gun onballer Rory Walton, that's a very formidable midfield group they have got again this year.

That would be the one.

Great pick up if true. Played for broadbeach as well. 100 games and Premiership player at Claremont. I don't enter into the who pays players and who doesn't argument, but if saints don't pay players they must have got this guy a great job and an apartment overlooking the ocean to stay in. Surely players of that calibre don't come cheap

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back