AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions kicking off their 2014 with a practice match Vs a PNG side on 8th march, should be an awesome day, interested to see how the PNG boys go, be hard at it I'd reckon...

Will be a good match to view, interesting to see how the lads from PNG have developed
, well done Lions growing the code outside and bringing in a near neighbour.
Love to see this become a yearly event if the funds can be stretched this will foster fantastic relations and even may bring them into the completion.

I seem to remember something was chatted about this 4 maybe 5 seasons ago, will stand corrected if out on the timing. Flintstone or may be Lachrilly may be able to help un-fog the grey matter.

A little birdy has told me CCL have picked up a few handy onballers, one by the name of Tyler Stack. A former geelong gfl player at bell park with great disposal that will distribute the ball cleanly down big scotty hughes throat.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

A little birdy has told me CCL have picked up a few handy onballers, one by the name of Tyler Stack. A former geelong gfl player at bell park with great disposal that will distribute the ball cleanly down big scotty hughes throat.

Yep, the cats out of the bag now, he's quality & been training the house down. Assistant coach Michael Paul, I reckon will be one of best in the comp this season as well. We look to have that bit of quality we have been missing. Watch out the Lions in 2014....

With the class of adam gross and tyler stack darting the ball in Hughes will kick 100 goals no doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, the cats out of the bag now, he's quality & been training the house down. Assistant coach Michael Paul, I reckon will be one of best in the comp this season as well. We look to have that bit of quality we have been missing. Watch out the Lions in 2014....

Is that the same Michael Paul from Glenorchy / Huonville in Tassie, if so a very good pick up for any team, can play!

Thanks

I think Paul won the association B&F while a couple others from that competiton are headed that way! Billy Lamprill kicked over 100 goals and Ryan Fielding was captain of Kingborough who won the flag 2 years ago, I think they are playing for Saints??
Yes, Lamprill, Fielding & one more gone to Saints, the highest bidder in this case Im told.

Lamprill is assistant coach while a former team mate of theirs in 'Tassie played for Saints a while back. You really are a flog CCL. People go to the crap clubs for the money while people come to Saints because we are successful and they want to play for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lamprill is assistant coach while a former team mate of theirs in 'Tassie played for Saints a while back. You really are a flog CCL. People go to the crap clubs for the money while people come to Saints because we are successful and they want to play for us.
There we go again, getting nasty & calling names when you don't like whats being said. Check your facts & stop being such a tool. Saints pay players, get over yourself.

Lamprill on $1200 a game, we just outbid another club. While the midfielders are on $500 a game, $200 a clearance and $100 for every girl they date whilst in Cairns. You are a tool CCL... Why would you even write that? The good thing is, Saints only formed because some good people hated being at the old Cobras, your awesome club. And how many premierships have you won since then? Worry about yourself.

My rumour is CCL are breaking the bank for one year to get that premiership, paying $150,000 and the worst part is I know exactly what one of your players is on as he informed us. He is a good honest player also. I don't think I'd be far off the mark with the club's payments would I? ;-) I for one am thrilled for the Lions to be able to recruit well, the stronger the club's the better the league.

Lamprill on $1200 a game, we just outbid another club. While the midfielders are on $500 a game, $200 a clearance and $100 for every girl they date whilst in Cairns. You are a tool CCL... Why would you even write that? The good thing is, Saints only formed because some good people hated being at the old Cobras, your awesome club. And how many premierships have you won since then? Worry about yourself.

My rumour is CCL are breaking the bank for one year to get that premiership, paying $150,000 and the worst part is I know exactly what one of your players is on as he informed us. He is a good honest player also. I don't think I'd be far off the mark with the club's payments would I? ;-) I for one am thrilled for the Lions to be able to recruit well, the stronger the club's the better the league.
Ha. Here's another one. We all know what these good players are getting, so what? We all admire Saints premiership success, you have a great club, built by good people, that's never been in doubt & is not my point. My only gripe, and plenty of other people I know grumble this as well, why bleat on that you don't pay players when you clearly do? Who cares? That bugs me & when I mention it I get shot down in a volley of insults. So you are able to out bid other clubs for good players, be proud of that, you have a good committee, solid sponsors, fund raising & continued, sustained success. You've earned that right.

As for our budget, you are way off. $150,000...! I Wish..! But we actually have some players coming to play for us because they are excited at the improvement we may show this year, which is promising but all out for a one year flag is not true, see weekend post article. So Saints people, you are the benchmark of this comp, we are all trying to reach your level of consistency, all clubs pay players, I wont mention it again.....be happy.

Fine Lamprill is assistant coach

Who's head coach this year please , ?
Is Kenno on the sidelines with Max again or has this changed around ??
Only a genuine inquiry. :) no bagging involved

Saints deserve there success they have, had a plan in place for years, even though at times I love bagging them I do admire their structure :eek:

-- but hey this is a stirring blog page
( I must be getting senile I have calmed down a BIT) could be the medication I'm on great meds. :oops:

There we go again, getting nasty & calling names when you don't like whats being said. Check your facts & stop being such a tool. Saints pay players, get over yourself.

Talk up your side as much as you can, they deserve this,
lets see how Mark brings it altogether throughout the year .
Pre-season coming up shortly . Let the Lions show something then to inspire the competition.

Fine Lamprill is assistant coach

Who's head coach this year please , ?
Is Kenno on the sidelines with Max again or has this changed around ??
Only a genuine inquiry. :) no bagging involved

Saints deserve there success they have, had a plan in place for years, even though at times I love bagging them I do admire their structure :eek:

-- but hey this is a stirring blog page
( I must be getting senile I have calmed down a BIT) could be the medication I'm on great meds. :oops:

big Nick is coaching this year and Kenno will be helping out.
Love the confidence of the Cairns Lions after some recruiting... Maybe they could save AFL Cairns some time and engrave the cup now ;)
Not much talk about Centrals who I believe will improve a lot this year.. Have some handy players coming from NTFL along with the ones they have already got I'm told

Ha. Here's another one. We all know what these good players are getting, so what? We all admire Saints premiership success, you have a great club, built by good people, that's never been in doubt & is not my point. My only gripe, and plenty of other people I know grumble this as well, why bleat on that you don't pay players when you clearly do? Who cares? That bugs me & when I mention it I get shot down in a volley of insults. So you are able to out bid other clubs for good players, be proud of that, you have a good committee, solid sponsors, fund raising & continued, sustained success. You've earned that right.

As for our budget, you are way off. $150,000...! I Wish..! But we actually have some players coming to play for us because they are excited at the improvement we may show this year, which is promising but all out for a one year flag is not true, see weekend post article. So Saints people, you are the benchmark of this comp, we are all trying to reach your level of consistency, all clubs pay players, I wont mention it again.....be happy.

Mr Lion (tosser)

I have to confirm my earlier thoughts........ you have
Talk up your side as much as you can, they deserve this,
lets see how Mark brings it altogether throughout the year .
Pre-season coming up shortly . Let the Lions show something then to inspire the competition.

With the amount of confidence coming out of the beaches....... dogs and lions...... expecting souths, norths, saints, hawks and port to just be making up the numbers....... ;)

Was it only this time last year CCL were banking on Daniel Lewis to be their target up forward...... and then........ he LEFT!

What Lions fail to remember is that the season is a very long one and premierships are not won in Feb but its not their fault as they are usually planning the 'end of season' trip in July............... ;)

Hope it works out for you guys and you actually live up to ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the promises and expectations!

A few more clearances popping up on the sportingpulse. Quite a few guys from the NTFL heading the way of manunda by the looks of it, not much else, most clubs haven't put much in other than the guys leaving and centrals heap of recruits. did notice a name that heading to port, Chris Adams, the same one that coached south a few years ago?

A few more clearances popping up on the sportingpulse. Quite a few guys from the NTFL heading the way of manunda by the looks of it, not much else, most clubs haven't put much in other than the guys leaving and centrals heap of recruits. did notice a name that heading to port, Chris Adams, the same one that coached south a few years ago?

Was Assistant Coach Centrals as well for a short period.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back