AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Lawrie angwin linked to cairns city lions
Be a big enclusion

Big call for the man being linked once again Cairns,---- this rumor on Laurie coming back has been around for awhile, he was coming up in 2012 and 2013, he had been chatting with the previous coach Grant about making a come back at Souths.

Still remember the great mark he took at Port that day him and Tye Harrison both flew high for the ball, Tye ended up with a smash jaw and Laurie destroyed his shoulder. The chopper landing on the field and one got the chopper ride back to Cairns the other the road trip. Souths wanting to call off the game as it was getting late, PD refused as there were well in front. CAFL manager came up made the decision for all ,---- the Game when on, ----Souths WON ---- Port screamed foul, it was too dark all sorts of reason appeared later. Result stood. Bar sales were up due to the late finishing game

My tips for 2014

Port Douglas Crocs
Cairns Saints
North Cairns Tigers
Mununda Hawks
Central Trinity Bulldogs
South Cairns Cutters
Cairns City Lions

Dan Lock to be sacked as coach of cutters or the team losing players as he has personality of a bipolar brahma bull

I thought the only Brahma bull souths had was the one who grazed in the goal square all year.

Enough said of the coach

Isn't he supposed to support and back players and encourage rathe then criticism and in this case slanging them ???

Most coaches say things to rev up the slackers and get them motivated

OR

did that not happen to you cause you were legend in your club ???????

I know I copped it at most of the clubs in various states I played with over the years and rightly so, sometimes I need the umph to get going.

No one can just sit back and let the team do it all and you take the glory kicks,not raising a sweat or getting the gursency muddied.

Hello there Cairns Football lovers, new to the area and looking forward to this coming season.

My predictions for this season will be as follows.
Saints
Tigers
Centrals
Crocs
Hawks
Cutters
Lions

New to the area eh ??????

Pray tell me why this order of predicition, how new to area ??? have you seen the sides play ????

One yes Saints and Tigers look the same, no major losses from my sources Centrals are said to have recruited well ???? but only heard of Jason Roe going to them.
Crocs you never know till the transfer window opens as they have to recruit most of their side every year.
Hawks nothing is coming out from their camp, unless Flinstone can enlighten us (over to you young fellow)
Souths are still looking around most have committed again. a couple of newbbies will come in.
Cities always looking for replacements, new blood, but I think Marc has all under control.

So your order boggles me, no one in their right mind can predict what order when we don't what anyone has got, this comp can turn on its head over two-three games.

Most coaches say things to rev up the slackers and get them motivated

OR

did that not happen to you cause you were legend in your club ???????

I know I copped it at most of the clubs in various states I played with over the years and rightly so, sometimes I need the umph to get going.

No one can just sit back and let the team do it all and you take the glory kicks,not raising a sweat or getting the gursency muddied.[/quote

Well Tamba
I am not a player and when I played I was no superstar nor was I a hack.... Just an average player but what I am saying is that this slanging that been talking about is behind the back stuff and not in heat of battle
Need to draw the line
I think in Bentley park the sun rises from the east and sets in the west, just like the rest of the suburbs in cairns.... I don't think a fretwell park it would be any different and it sure Doesn't shine out of dan locks arse

Before I post. I would like to put it out there that I have just very recently taken a position with the cutters.

Take time,
you seem to have a very big beef with Daniel lock ?
You claim not to know him or of met him and you don't like his coaching style. You claim to be the voice of others. So who are these others ?
I have been lucky enough to of meet Daniel and he is s nice guy with a passion for footy.
If you have an issue with a guy ring him or at least meet him over a beer.
Then decide, ??? Don't bag a bloke you don't apparently know.

I am here to talk footy and enjoy the banter s ribbing, and as soon as I have any info in regards to anything major within I will be happy to share with all .
As there is very little talk of actual recruits etc...

Oh yeah I need to change my ladder prediction now to!

We
Before I post. I would like to put it out there that I have just very recently taken a position with the cutters.

Take time,
You claim not to know him or of met him and you don't like his coaching style. You claim to be the voice of others. So who are these others ?
I have been lucky enough to of meet Daniel and he is s nice guy with a passion for footy.

I am here to talk footy and enjoy the banter s ribbing, and as soon as I have any info in regards to anything major within I will be happy to share with all .

Well said. I reckon its difficult to name recruits at this stage of the year, until I see them on the track I still worry about getting egg on the face. Lewis last season for us a prime example. But I will say we are quietly confident in 2014.

Thanks CCL, yep very hard to talk about recruits as work is the big factor, and things don't pick up in the job front for a few weeks. It's good to see some confidence in the camp at the lions, the stronger every team is the better.
I am sure every team will shouting out there recruits when and if they arrive

Take time,

Well let's hope that the standard is now set
Focus on footy and leave gossip and rubbish talk about certain individuals alone, as the old saying goes you can't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aussie
Cutters will resume training on Tuesday night. With a few big months of training coming up.
Finally footy is back, and hopefully some news coming out about recruits etc...to keep everyone happy

Before we all take up our positions and standby our teams, I wish everyone the best for 2014 season.
Remember humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

Hoping for a humble year.....Haha

Aussie
Cutters will resume training on Tuesday night. With a few big months of training coming up.
Finally footy is back, and hopefully some news coming out about recruits etc...to keep everyone happy

Before we all take up our positions and standby our teams, I wish everyone the best for 2014 season.
Remember humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

Hoping for a humble year.....Haha
Well said.

First recruit news, its no secret now as it graced the back page of the Geelong Advertiser recently, century goal kicker in the Belleraine league for the last two years, Scott Hughes, will be roaming the forward 50 at Holloways Beach in 2014. This bloke is an absolute gun, full backs be worried, lets just hope we can get to him enough..!

Hi all

Back from down south and looking forward to a massive year in footy.

Lets get the trade gossip in full swing- this is one of my favourite parts of the season- who is doing what to who and where will the premiership winning star forward lob from.

Bring it on :D

Sauron

Well said.

First recruit news, its no secret now as it graced the back page of the Geelong Advertiser recently, century goal kicker in the Belleraine league for the last two years, Scott Hughes, will be roaming the forward 50 at Holloways Beach in 2014. This bloke is an absolute gun, full backs be worried, lets just hope we can get to him enough..!

Well your spot on there. Getting him enough ball is going to be the problem. If Lions can pick up some gun on ballers and Hughes is as good as you say he is then it should be a good year at Holloways

New to the area eh ??????

Pray tell me why this order of predicition, how new to area ??? have you seen the sides play ????

One yes Saints and Tigers look the same, no major losses from my sources Centrals are said to have recruited well ???? but only heard of Jason Roe going to them.
Crocs you never know till the transfer window opens as they have to recruit most of their side every year.
Hawks nothing is coming out from their camp, unless Flinstone can enlighten us (over to you young fellow)
Souths are still looking around most have committed again. a couple of newbbies will come in.
Cities always looking for replacements, new blood, but I think Marc has all under control.

So your order boggles me, no one in their right mind can predict what order when we don't what anyone has got, this comp can turn on its head over two-three games.

How many times have the Saints, Tigers and Dogs made the finals over the past 10 seasons?

How about you just calm down and let some other people have a chat and express their own views instead of thinking that you know everything.
You agree with the Saints and tigers yet think i lack knowledge in the picking stakes just because i'm new to the area doesn't mean i have not been a follower of the local game.

Your views on the matter seem to be rather loyal to a club that bent you over.

Saints have signed 3 very decent players from Tasmania for equally decent match payments, maybe 2014 will be the year they finally admit that they DO pay players, just like the rest of us.....

Ok as I earlier stated I need to rejig by ladder now I am onboard with the cutters.
This is a truthful prediction on what I know / heard with rumours thrown in.

Saints
Tigers
Cutters
Crocs
Centrals
Lions
Hawks

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but just going on last year and the rumours going around.
A few of the teams could easily swap positions

And I think it will be a close year.

Enjoy training tonight gentlemen.

Saints have signed 3 very decent players from Tasmania for equally decent match payments, maybe 2014 will be the year they finally admit that they DO pay players, just like the rest of us.....

Saints help people wanting to come and play in Cairns with jobs,relocation costs and stuff like that. If thats paying players then GUILTY

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back