AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Have they let out all the institutionalised people in cairns out for a day on the computer.. Who cares that City Lions are called Lions, I've never heard the Rep side referred to as the lions anyway! And if you guys are genuine supporters of your club how about doing it on a Saturday or go down to training and volunteer to help rather than making your clubs supporters look bad by posting stupid comments on here just looking for a reaction. There's nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter back and forward, everyone want to know the gossip and rumours within the league while it's pre season and not much footy going on, but they way some carry-on happens on this forum I can almost gaurantee that people aren't interested in contributing to what could be a good forum to discuss footy in cairns because of the rubbish posted between people getting personal.. Rant over..

Wow, first look at this for the year and by the look of the 1st 4 pages think I might wait til closer to season to look again. Was hoping to see how new coaches/recruiting/training numbers are going but not much to read about. Do Saints still not pay players???!!! who'd a thunk it. And geez I've never heard of these Karwans, but looks they could takes Ehlich's spot as big footy whipping boys...
Anyway solid, not spectacular numbers down at the Tigers, no new faces yet but new coach has a fair record and I reckon we will be right there at the business end again, hopefully go one better. Go tiges.

Fair points. My only real early season issue was just getting Saints to admit they actually DO pay players & I was personally attacked for it (knob, muppet etc etc). Anyway, back to footy, very solid numbers at HB, it appears we have only lost D Roe to CTB & already signed several very handy recruits. From what I hear so far, every club seems to have strengthened, looking forward to a more even comp this season.

Wow, first look at this for the year and by the look of the 1st 4 pages think I might wait til closer to season to look again. Was hoping to see how new coaches/recruiting/training numbers are going but not much to read about. Do Saints still not pay players???!!! who'd a thunk it. And geez I've never heard of these Karwans, but looks they could takes Ehlich's spot as big footy whipping boys...
Anyway solid, not spectacular numbers down at the Tigers, no new faces yet but new coach has a fair record and I reckon we will be right there at the business end again, hopefully go one better. Go tiges.

Very good reports about your Coach from southern bigfooty forums! Could be the difference as i think watching from a far Ricter is a good coach but sometimes, just sometimes being so negative doesnt rub off well on certain players. He will be a good asset as an advisor and player in 2014. As for Ellich, did you guys punt him or did he walk?

ap
Very good reports about your Coach from southern bigfooty forums! Could be the difference as i think watching from a far Ricter is a good coach but sometimes, just sometimes being so negative doesnt rub off well on certain players. He will be a good asset as an advisor and player in 2014. As for Ellich, did you guys punt him or did he walk?

Apparently Ellich didn't attend the tribunal after the grand final so until he does he is suspended from what i hear. I might be wrong. Best thing for Norths would be to part ways surely

Norths V Saints in round one on a Friday night! Should be a cracking grand final rematch!
Great way to start the season, GF reply at cazalys on Friday night. Round one games spread over 3 days gives the chance to see all clubs in action bar PD. Both beaches clubs at home round 1, be very interesting to see any improvement with proposed solid recruitment at both Trinity & Holloways...

Round Two of the draw put Port Douglas at home against Souths at 5pm -

-typo--- ??????

or has the Crocs improved their ground lighting to play night /late football , in case of early night fall due to rain , storm etc

Round Two of the draw put Port Douglas at home against Souths at 5pm -

-typo--- ??????

or has the Crocs improved their ground lighting to play night /late football , in case of early night fall due to rain , storm etc
Nope, that's correct, we also have a twilight game at PD.

Hi Guys, Am travelling up to Cairns from Tassie, to visit a few mates and hopefully watch them play on the June long weekend and noticed that there is a rep game, can anybody tell me who its against and were will it be played??

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great way to start the season, GF reply at cazalys on Friday night. Round one games spread over 3 days gives the chance to see all clubs in action bar PD. Both beaches clubs at home round 1, be very interesting to see any improvement with proposed solid recruitment at both Trinity & Holloways...

Without being disrespectful, both clubs need to recruit heavily as they are way behind everyone in most areas! I would suggest 6-10 players for both teams. Having masters players in the 2's indicates the squad is weak as a whole

Without being disrespectful, both clubs need to recruit heavily as they are way behind everyone in most areas! I would suggest 6-10 players for both teams. Having masters players in the 2's indicates the squad is weak as a whole
I think that is fair comment. It will be nice to see sides close the gap to make the competition even stronger. New coaches, new players. Role on the footy season

I think that is fair comment. It will be nice to see sides close the gap to make the competition even stronger. New coaches, new players. Role on the footy season

Trust me it will not happen when money talks in this league and a club pays over the top of others in fees

Lot of clubs have masters players in their twos, the top two vote getters in the reserves league count in 2013 play masters....

Hi Guys, Am travelling up to Cairns from Tassie, to visit a few mates and hopefully watch them play on the June long weekend and noticed that there is a rep game, can anybody tell me who its against and were will it be played??

cheers
Mate, it will be here in Cairns but against who, we don't know that yet. Cheers.

I sure hope so Lion, lots of talk last year and not a great deal happened out on the paddock. Marc is a good bloke and this is his chance to put his stamp on the team, rather than the mid year handover he inherited.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back