AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anybody know when the fixtures are due out?

No idea. Most leagues have their draws done months ago.

Cairns City Lions - I have one fact for you Cairns Saints 4 flags in 5 years so guys can pay who and what you like we will just worry about what matters and that's winning flags. Also congrats on getting Rob Karwan to your club :D

No idea. Most leagues have their draws done months ago.

Cairns City Lions - I have one fact for you Cairns Saints 4 flags in 5 years so guys can pay who and what you like we will just worry about what matters and that's winning flags. Also congrats on getting Rob Karwan to your club :D
We all know that, well done, I have said before your club has achieved envious results. Just don't try & hoodwink everyone that you don't pay players & fund your success, when you plainly do.

I still can't understand how and why the league allowed the Holloways Beach club to change it's identity to that of the areas representative teams identity.
The club is a merger of The Redlynch Lions & The City Cobras, therefore the Cairns City Lions. The Redlynch junior Lions were an identity before the rep squads starting calling themselves the Lions I believe. We also have different colours & logos etc.

The club is a merger of The Redlynch Lions & The City Cobras, therefore the Cairns City Lions. The Redlynch junior Lions were an identity before the rep squads starting calling themselves the Lions I believe. We also have different colours & logos etc.

I understand that, i know the circumstances but as you have stated it is a joint entity and it was after the Rep team established the Lions identity no matter that it is in the Suns colours.

You think they would have let them call themselves Northern Beaches or Smithfield or the like not basically Cairns Lions 2.

I understand that, i know the circumstances but as you have stated it is a joint entity and it was after the Rep team established the Lions identity no matter that it is in the Suns colours.

You think they would have let them call themselves Northern Beaches or Smithfield or the like not basically Cairns Lions 2.
Cairns lions 2..? you've no idea, look at the website & get the history....

Cairns City Lion - why do you think Cairns Saints have won premierships? Because they pay each player more than they were offered at other clubs. I only went there for the cash, it was more than the $300 a game City Lions offered me. Player payments were $180,000 in 2011, head over and check the books! Comment when you know clown. PS - You didn't really recruit Rob Karwan did you? Rather have Damir Dokic.

Manunda Hawks to recreate 2011 success with a big year in 2014. Already know of 4 gun recruits and a few other big men returning back from stints in the NEAFL and EFL

Cairns City Lion - why do you think Cairns Saints have won premierships? Because they pay each player more than they were offered at other clubs. I only went there for the cash, it was more than the $300 a game City Lions offered me. Player payments were $180,000 in 2011, head over and check the books! Comment when you know clown. PS - You didn't really recruit Rob Karwan did you? Rather have Damir Dokic.
I only comment on what I know. We have constantly missed out on players over the past few years because the cash offered yonder is greater, just a fact, no problems, just business, good luck to you. Share that with your supporters. And why is it you Saints fans get all personal & name calling when anyone comments on your club? PS Its Joel Karwan that's come to play, your reigning U16 B & F.

Cairns lions 2..? you've no idea, look at the website & get the history....

I know where the name is from the joined Cobras and redlynch yes, but what i asked is Why did the League allow this when the league Reps were already named this.

One is Cairns Lions
One is Cairns City Lions

There is a confusion there that needs to be addressed.

Who knows
I know where the name is from the joined Cobras and redlynch yes, but what i asked is Why did the League allow this when the league Reps were already named this.

One is Cairns Lions
One is Cairns City Lions

There is a confusion there that needs to be addressed.

Who knows pal, why are North Cairns based in Manunda and Manunda in Westcourt? Should we change their names as well?

Where are Centrals Trinity Beach central to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows

Who knows pal, why are North Cairns based in Manunda and Manunda in Westcourt? Should we change their names as well?

Where are Centrals Trinity Beach central to?

Thanks pal, it seems you have grasped the concept of replying as stupidly as possible.

Those names of two clubs that you have mentioned have in no way mirrored the leagues rep team identity at all and have been the names of those clubs since they began.
Manunda originate from that suburb btw and have a great history of associating with said suburb.

Centrals in the Centrals Trinity beach refers to the club before it's move. This is a redundant answer to something i guess you already knew.

Why did you forget to mention Cairns Saints playing from Manunda or Souths in Bentley Park?

My original question which still remains is, why did the league allow a club to name themselves so closely to the rep sides name?

I only comment on what I know. We have constantly missed out on players over the past few years because the cash offered yonder is greater, just a fact, no problems, just business, good luck to you. Share that with your supporters. And why is it you Saints fans get all personal & name calling when anyone comments on your club? PS Its Joel Karwan that's come to play, your reigning U16 B & F.

I am sorry but knowing Jason Roe and now Marc Harbrow i have to say you are pulling this out of your bum! Lets be honest, how did you retain Daniel Lewis, Damien Roe, tiwi boys, Gross and the other imports........ lets face it, all clubs do it and to sit there and pretend like your not walking around Cairns and speaking to the likes of Lukas Ellich, raiding everyones juniors and using Government $$$ to 'mentor' pyramid power kids into your club and feel hard done by. Your either the fat guy who collects the footies from behind the goal post in the jungle and you have no idea whats going on or your the guy who picks up the dog shit every saturday morning from the field and has no idea. WAKE UP TO YOURSELF and have a good look at your supporters as they are Cairns finest!

Thanks pal, it seems you have grasped the concept of replying as stupidly as possible.

Those names of two clubs that you have mentioned have in no way mirrored the leagues rep team identity at all and have been the names of those clubs since they began.
Manunda originate from that suburb btw and have a great history of associating with said suburb.

Centrals in the Centrals Trinity beach refers to the club before it's move. This is a redundant answer to something i guess you already knew.

Why did you forget to mention Cairns Saints playing from Manunda or Souths in Bentley Park?

My original question which still remains is, why did the league allow a club to name themselves so closely to the rep sides name?
This really is a non issue. CITY cobras + redlynch LIONS = CITY LIONS how hard is that to grasp? doesn't matter what the rep sides called...

I am sorry but knowing Jason Roe and now Marc Harbrow i have to say you are pulling this out of your bum! Lets be honest, how did you retain Daniel Lewis, Damien Roe, tiwi boys, Gross and the other imports........ lets face it, all clubs do it and to sit there and pretend like your not walking around Cairns and speaking to the likes of Lukas Ellich, raiding everyones juniors and using Government $$$ to 'mentor' pyramid power kids into your club and feel hard done by. Your either the fat guy who collects the footies from behind the goal post in the jungle and you have no idea whats going on or your the guy who picks up the dog shit every saturday morning from the field and has no idea. WAKE UP TO YOURSELF and have a good look at your supporters as they are Cairns finest!
you should be sorry after that complete load of crap.....

you should be sorry after that complete load of crap.....

Hope you had a good read pork chop and stop taking pot shots at every other club when your club does the exact same, approaches juniors and has some of Cairns biggest bogans supporting on a Saturday! Well done on recruiting Rob Karwan.... a quality knob and he can help you fetch the footies when teams are kicking cricket scores against you!

Hope you had a good read pork chop and stop taking pot shots at every other club when your club does the exact same, approaches juniors and has some of Cairns biggest bogans supporting on a Saturday! Well done on recruiting Rob Karwan.... a quality knob and he can help you fetch the footies when teams are kicking cricket scores against you!
What an absolute joke. I have not taken "pot shots" at any club except Saints, heaven forbid I have a crack at you lot of "untouchables". What an amazing hypocrite you are when your entire junior program is based on pinching other clubs juniors. Joel Karwan, under no pressure, decided to come & play at a club who would appreciate his talents. As for Rob, well, he's been told what is expected of parents at our club & appreciates an environment where their are no favourites or class systems. As for supporters, have a long look in the mirror. But you go on ranting, abusing & name calling you quality individual....

This really is a non issue. CITY cobras + redlynch LIONS = CITY LIONS how hard is that to grasp? doesn't matter what the rep sides called...

No need to get all hissy as it is a legitimate question.
Naming a local club after the area's Rep Team is an issue that needs to be addressed asap.

I'd like to think that the Cairns City Lions didn't go with that name just because they were lazy and had no idea what the rep team was, maybe it was to hard to spell Holloways?

What an absolute joke. I have not taken "pot shots" at any club except Saints, heaven forbid I have a crack at you lot of "untouchables". What an amazing hypocrite you are when your entire junior program is based on pinching other clubs juniors. Joel Karwan, under no pressure, decided to come & play at a club who would appreciate his talents. As for Rob, well, he's been told what is expected of parents at our club & appreciates an environment where their are no favourites or class systems. As for supporters, have a long look in the mirror. But you go on ranting, abusing & name calling you quality individual....

Im not a saints supporter at all tool kit! Just pick hypocrites when i see them. Have the Karwan's as i said, well suited at Lions, Cobras or whatever shitbrick name you will be called in a few years when you sink another club ;) Well done to you on such a great club!

No need to get all hissy as it is a legitimate question.
Naming a local club after the area's Rep Team is an issue that needs to be addressed asap.

I'd like to think that the Cairns City Lions didn't go with that name just because they were lazy and had no idea what the rep team was, maybe it was to hard to spell Holloways?
Fair point, but its done now. The league supported the merger & didn't mention that point to us.

Im not a saints supporter at all tool kit! Just pick hypocrites when i see them. Have the Karwan's as i said, well suited at Lions, Cobras or whatever shitbrick name you will be called in a few years when you sink another club ;) Well done to you on such a great club!
Gee your a nice bloke.....hope you enjoy your footy in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back