AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it true some recruits from souths and Manunda packed there bags as club promised and couldn't deliver
It's just something I heard
I'm asking question as would love to know answer

Very interesting post

Isn't it a bit early, is it not for being "promised and couldn't deliver" scenarios to start occurring.

1. The season has not yet begun.
2. Surely you give a club more than two minutes to help find work & what is wrong with getting off your own A and go find one. Yes work is tight but NOT IMPOSSIBLE to find unless you are bone lazy. :eek:
3. You can not be home sick yet, you knew you were moving away from MUM's apron strings :cool:

Look Tamba old mate

Just what I heard
I'm not making story's up

Why is it every year it's south cairns cutter the club that these rumors or story's manifest about and why is it that at end of year the talk is proven correct

Look Tamba old mate

Just what I heard
I'm not making story's up

Why is it every year it's south cairns cutter the club that these rumors or story's manifest about and why is it that at end of year the talk is proven correct

Hey I'm not doubting you
I am only saying it seems a bit early for cry baby players to pull this act, if you re-read point two

Will be interesting to see how Centrals go on Saturday night at Cazalys, they're taking on Palm Beach. Apparently they went down by 2 goals to the Hermit Park Tigers on the weekend.

Looking at the clearances and Centrals have just about recruited a whole team so far - 23 new players with none listed as leaving yet, should have great depth this year. Saints and norths very quiet on there so far with 3 ins for saints from tassie and norths losing 3 quality players in Coran, Clough and Knott. Lots out for port with a few ins including clough from norths. Manunda have lots in from the NTFL but a few guys leaving to other clubs within cairns afl and Souths and Lions also picking up a large number of players without too many casualties. Noticed A lot of players coming up from Canberra this season so far, maybe to do with the NEAFL restructure?

Manunda Hawks---- South Cairns -------Warren, Lenard -------Denied 2014-03-04 2014-03-05

An interesting transfer back to Souths after 8 - 9 years. He will come with 0 points transfer if it comes off.
If able to keep injury's down still a great footballer and a play maker

bit of word out of CTB...

hardly stopped training since October last year.. Good numbers on the track ~60+ at each training.. ~50% of their senior side this year will be new recruits.. Ressies side will be competitive also due to depth. would anticipate finals in both grades, but still early days. not going to show all their cards in the preseason, more players yet to arrive.
a few big names coming back to the club. ben ryan and cam bartlett. if youve been around the league for the last decade you would know them.
exciting times again for the club. good for them after the last few years. props to the coaches.

bit of word out of CTB...

hardly stopped training since October last year.. Good numbers on the track ~60+ at each training.. ~50% of their senior side this year will be new recruits.. Ressies side will be competitive also due to depth. would anticipate finals in both grades, but still early days. not going to show all their cards in the preseason, more players yet to arrive.
a few big names coming back to the club. ben ryan and cam bartlett. if youve been around the league for the last decade you would know them.
exciting times again for the club. good for them after the last few years. props to the coaches.

With all the training that Bulldogs have been doing, one would hope they don't peak too early and suffer from burn out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CTB went down by 100 to palm beach after they broke out in the last quarter.

Palm Beach is a state league team so its really hard to make much from the game.

the doggies will still have a bit of work ahead to contest for a premiership.

what were the other results? Souths player badly injured already? rumour

Palm Beach is a state league team so its really hard to make much from the game.

Palm Beach isn't a State League team, they play in the QAFL and if Centrals's recruits are as good as they claim to be they shouldnt have got pumped by 100 points. Bit underwhelming out at trinity beach.

Cutters toweled up a 5th grade townsville side, they played great footy and i truly belive they are the sleeping giant of the competition this year. Some classy, classy ball movers and in and under midfielders. Pair that with big bodies of Lock and Wardle, markham etc etc.

Word out of manunda is that the darwin boys they recruited have left already and are playing in port douglas. Big things expected from young gun cameron duffy as he seems to be their only decent recruit, the others seem disable.

Norths and saints yet to have practice matches.

Watched last night. Centrals were very disappointing. Unfit, lazy and a long way off. Hope they aren't paying the recruits for that performance. Palm beach are only a QAFL team not state league as suggested. They were well drilled and worked so much harder

Palm Beach isn't a State League team, they play in the QAFL and if Centrals's recruits are as good as they claim to be they shouldnt have got pumped by 100 points. Bit underwhelming out at trinity beach.

Cutters toweled up a 5th grade townsville side, they played great footy and i truly belive they are the sleeping giant of the competition this year. Some classy, classy ball movers and in and under midfielders. Pair that with big bodies of Lock and Wardle, markham etc etc.

Word out of manunda is that the darwin boys they recruited have left already and are playing in port douglas. Big things expected from young gun cameron duffy as he seems to be their only decent recruit, the others seem disable.

Norths and saints yet to have practice matches.

Watched last night. Centrals were very disappointing. Unfit, lazy and a long way off. Hope they aren't paying the recruits for that performance. Palm beach are only a QAFL team not state league as suggested. They were well drilled and worked so much harder

With all the training they've been doing you'd think they would have burst out of the blocks. Sorry but CTB were never going to be any real competition for Palm Beach. Palm Beach even had six of their better players out. In say all that, might be a good wake up call for some players and might make them go harder when the season starts.

With all the training they've been doing you'd think they would have burst out of the blocks. Sorry but CTB were never going to be any real competition for Palm Beach. Palm Beach even had six of their better players out. In say all that, might be a good wake up call for some players and might make them go harder when the season starts.

All the training and the need to impress their new club and team mates. I know it is only a trial but there have been plenty of noise from some of the clubs on this site. How hard they are training, how good their numbers are and how many quality recruits they have secured. Recruiting numbers dont come down to quantity more so quality. Times you train during the week doesnt mean players are getting the best out of themselves. If this competition is going to earn resepct it will come from all teams being competitive, developing their juniors correctly and selecting the right recruits for their clubs.

being an ex doggie im always going to be bias towards them thats probably obvious.

cant expect a CTB team thats just come together to fire straight away, thats what preseason matches are for and they will become a better side for it. Palm Beach are a benchmark side so I think they wouldve learnt a lot from seeing how its done.

about ~5 more key position players to arrive before round 1.
keep an eye out for Aaron Spicer

It sounds like every team will have improved and a more even comp this year.

brennan will only feature in a couple of games i think.

being an ex doggie im always going to be bias towards them thats probably obvious.

cant expect a CTB team thats just come together to fire straight away, thats what preseason matches are for and they will become a better side for it. Palm Beach are a benchmark side so I think they wouldve learnt a lot from seeing how its done.

about ~5 more key position players to arrive before round 1.
keep an eye out for Aaron Spicer

It sounds like every team will have improved and a more even comp this year.

brennan will only feature in a couple of games i think.

I see another clearance has gone through for CTB -

Gippsland League - Centrals Trinity Beach - Ablett, Jake - Pending 2014-03-07

Any relation to the great man?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back