AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Kiss of Death

Norths vs Souths.. Cutters to take this one in the last quarter

Port vs Centrals... Hope Port are up to date with their inoculations, after this rain the paddock with be infectious city.

Saints vs Lions... Lions just may give Saints a scare.

Kiss of Death

Norths vs Souths.. Cutters to take this one in the last quarter

Port vs Centrals... Hope Port are up to date with their inoculations, after this rain the paddock with be infectious city.

Saints vs Lions... Lions just may give Saints a scare.

In your dreams tamba.
Tigers
Port
Saints.

Wet season footy.

I seen the first quarter and it was even, heard the score later and was gobsmacked.
Just spoken to a couple of players from the club and I think there is going to be some more fallout going forward for the tigers

Just spoken to a couple of players from the club and I think there is going to be some more fallout going forward for the tigers

Let's hope there is no more fallout, they have a young group and some very good senior players. So that is a positive, Obviously there is a issue with the numbers at junior level, and it's a tough gig finding kids, when you have a couple of none aligned junior teams in the region. First find a coach, then get a long term strategic plan to build the juniors.

Let's hope there is no more fallout, they have a young group and some very good senior players. So that is a positive, Obviously there is a issue with the numbers at junior level, and it's a tough gig finding kids, when you have a couple of none aligned junior teams in the region. First find a coach, then get a long term strategic plan to build the juniors.[/quote

It has already started at Norths. Their under 15's have called it quits for the rest of the season and their colts have merged with Cape York because Cape have taken all their juniors. Can't say the Norths board would be too happy with Hanlon right at the minute.
Two good games at griffiths park with Saints eventually overpowering Cities in the second half ( Seems to be a regular things for Lions) and a more experienced Lions second were too good for a young Saints line up. Lions will get their fair share of wins this year thats for sure just need to start playing 4 quarters to do it, im sure you would agree CCL

It has already started at Norths. Their under 15's have called it quits for the rest of the season and their colts have merged with Cape York because Cape have taken all their juniors. Can't say the Norths board would be too happy with Hanlon right at the minute.
Two good games at griffiths park with Saints eventually overpowering Cities in the second half ( Seems to be a regular things for Lions) and a more experienced Lions second were too good for a young Saints line up. Lions will get their fair share of wins this year thats for sure just need to start playing 4 quarters to do it, im sure you would agree CCL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quote="rexel, post: 32765214, member: 148561"][/quote]
Losing all the younger cape kids from last year has to have impacted the numbers for both of 15 and colts teams but where are the under 13 or 14 players from last year that would provide numbers for these two age groups. I think the committee need to take a look at themselves instead of blaming Hanlon or the cape house.

Yep, fair overview. I didn't think it was a 51 point game, our fadeouts are a concern but in each case (Port & Saints) their class players stood up & as we all know, winning (&losing !) can become a habit. In Saints case, McQueen & Dixon were outstanding with Walsh showing class in front of goal. Saints have a few to come back & will be hard to beat come finals. I didn't think much of the 3 Tas recruits, not worth the coin they are getting on that showing. Reserve grade are top of the table, showing our depth has improved considerably this year, pressure on senior players is always a good thing. I will say one thing though, Cutters are easily the best side we have played so far this year.

Yep, fair overview. I didn't think it was a 51 point game, our fadeouts are a concern but in each case (Port & Saints) their class players stood up & as we all know, winning (&losing !) can become a habit. In Saints case, McQueen & Dixon were outstanding with Walsh showing class in front of goal. Saints have a few to come back & will be hard to beat come finals. I didn't think much of the 3 Tas recruits, not worth the coin they are getting on that showing. Reserve grade are top of the table, showing our depth has improved considerably this year, pressure on senior players is always a good thing. I will say one thing though, Cutters are easily the best side we have played so far this year.

So critical of the 3 Tassy players but your 17 recruits are rubbish! Braico easily your best on one leg with Gross only picking up easy touches off the back and kicks its 40m sideways his only delivery. Love seeing such a good kick go sideways to a negative option instead of kicking it to your forward options. Please with your club spendings have been all wind and haven't fired a shot this season... Can sniff a very empty bank balance coming on at your next AGM! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!

So critical of the 3 Tassy players but your 17 recruits are rubbish! Braico easily your best on one leg with Gross only picking up easy touches off the back and kicks its 40m sideways his only delivery. Love seeing such a good kick go sideways to a negative option instead of kicking it to your forward options. Please with your club spendings have been all wind and haven't fired a shot this season... Can sniff a very empty bank balance coming on at your next AGM! HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!

Agree totally. Look back on all the early season comments from both Lions and Centrals supporters. Where are they now. Both Centrals and the Lions are playing the recruits ahead of the local players and in particular club juniors. Norths did this in 2013. What happens when the clubs can no longer pay recruits? They leave and then you have a massive gap where the locals have left because of a lack of opportunity and the juniors are a mile behind in their development. At least North won games last year which is more than you can say for both the Lions and Centrals on the back of some very ordinary recruiting. Look at North now that they cannot afford to recruit, struggling for numbers in all four grades. The league need to step in and ban clubs from massive recruiting campaigns, force clubs to develop locals and in particular juniors until all clubs have repaid their outstanding debts.

Centrals have certainly mis-fired to start their season off. When I asked a player what was happening, he said he didn't know. I certainly didn't expect the Norths v Cutters score. Cutters have certainly started their season off well. Although I still think the cagey old Saints outfit will be thereabouts come finals time.

I have to agree with others, the Norths saga is far from over (I think) and don't forget that Richter is also coaching at Cape York. The other thing to remember is, Pyramid also lost some players to Cape York.

Centrals have certainly mis-fired to start their season off. When I asked a player what was happening, he said he didn't know. I certainly didn't expect the Norths v Cutters score. Cutters have certainly started their season off well. Although I still think the cagey old Saints outfit will be thereabouts come finals time.

I have to agree with others, the Norths saga is far from over (I think) and don't forget that Richter is also coaching at Cape York. The other thing to remember is, Pyramid also lost some players to Cape York.

The issues at North are far from over. The issues are on the back of overspending on recruits in the last couple of seasons. The Cape York players playing juniors in 2013 only masked a massive hole in junior numbers that has been looming for a couple of seasons. Whilst a few locals have returned to the seniors, a lot have left after being overlooked or playing second fiddle to the recruits last year. There is massive infighting between the committee, some who still support and feed the old president (Potter) information and have also been feeding information to the Cairns Post. My mail is that the league is none to impressed with the in house fighting and have made that very clear to the club. Another issue that is bubbling away is the suspension of one of the indigenous players from last year.

Wouldn't be the first time the bank vault has been emptied and nothing to show for it, but hey they aren't the first club for this to happen.

Vultures circling around

Sorry for Norths to lose their 15s, but this was well on the cards for any club that merged / amalgamated / gave a break to a new group. They were always going to leave when they could get into the competition as a standalone side. Maybe if Norths worked with and have listened to their coach instead of not coming to terms with the way he wanted to coach / grade the players There is way too much dead wood and olde knowledge floating around in clubs that's not helping

Wouldn't be the first time the bank vault has been emptied and nothing to show for it, but hey they aren't the first club for this to happen.

Vultures circling around

Sorry for Norths to lose their 15s, but this was well on the cards for any club that merged / amalgamated / gave a break to a new group. They were always going to leave when they could get into the competition as a standalone side. Maybe if Norths worked with and have listened to their coach instead of not coming to terms with the way he wanted to coach / grade the players There is way too much dead wood and olde knowledge floating around in clubs that's not helping[/quo

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back