AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Swan,

Sounds like a good idea. I am a big fan of rep footy, and it would give Div 4 blokes a chance to play at rep level as most Div 4 players would not make the Canberra District rep team. The chicks did a North v South game this year to help select the rep team and from all reports it went well. (For the record a Div 3 North side would smash a Div 3 South side!!!). A general bye is a must during the year (are you reading this Rusty???) and what about a split round AFL style and have it so that teams like ANU get a bye during uni break, and ADFA get a bye during one of their camp things?

Southcab, I disagree with your comments. If my team finished last or second last I would be too embarrassed to play off for a wooden spoon, and doubt the teams would actually turn up to humiliate themselves. Footy results are generally cyclic, everyone has their turn at the top (almost) and bottom. The more teams the merrier I say, it means that you have more people playing Aussie Rules, and that is what it is all about, especially at our level. And we dont want a league like 1s and 2s where you play each other 10 times a year. I also agree with BelcoBlueBoy and welcome any new player to footy. Teams at the bottom need to work harder, end of story.

Good discussion points lads:thumbsu:

I think the split round is a very good point 2bobs, don't think the League will go for it though, simply because it makes sense :rolleyes:

I also think Swan has a good idea, would be good for some of the newer guys to footy who are actually adapting quite well to play some form of rep footy.

Great idea to have a rep game for Div 4 with NSW vs ACT before another Rep game which would be Div 3 East vs West with the following making up the teams.

West Team
Belconnen
Woden
Murrumbidgee
Tuggeranong

East Team
Gungahlin
ANU
ADFA
Eastlake

Could be done during the year that we don't have the Canberra Rep team going away to play at the championships.

I said it here earlier this year, but the Jugs are the best team we have played this year. Their run and carry is better than anyone elses, and they respect possession well.

Saying that, it was the Blues worst performance for a while, but around 10 players had not trained all week with the flu - and most should not have played in hindsight. Our quarter time huddles sounded like a group of 3 pack a day geriatrics hacking their guts out.

Great idea to have a rep game for Div 4 with NSW vs ACT before another Rep game which would be Div 3 East vs West with the following making up the teams.

West Team
Belconnen
Woden
Murrumbidgee
Tuggeranong

East Team
Gungahlin
ANU
ADFA
Eastlake

Could be done during the year that we don't have the Canberra Rep team going away to play at the championships.

Do Harman or Ainslie get a mention in the rep squad breakdown?

Harman over ANU today in the top of the table clash. It looks as if it will be Harman V ANU in the second chance semi now.

West Team
Belconnen
Woden
Murrumbidgee
Tuggeranong

East Team
Gungahlin
ANU
ADFA
Eastlake

act v nsw . who do you think would win, yass and goulburn in four for nws and belco and jets for act, should be a close game any suggestions as to who would be stronger??

Do Harman or Ainslie get a mention in the rep squad breakdown?

Harman over ANU today in the top of the table clash. It looks as if it will be Harman V ANU in the second chance semi now.

My bad. I thought it looked a bit short of teams.

Would most likely see ANU play on the west side so it would look like:

West Team
Belconnen
Anu
Woden
Murrumbidgee
Tuggeranong

East Team
Gungahlin
Ainslie
Harman
Eastlake
ADFA

Be pretty good teams I would imagine.

Would have to be NSW over ACT at the moment but would be a great match to watch and would bring some respect to Div 4 players as they do not get a huge representative within the ACT Canberra District rep side. Mind you there was 5 players that represented ACT from DIV 4 at the last championships.

Have to say ACT 2,3, 5,6,7 on the ladder are act teams a mixture of the act sides would roll nsw.
Looks like yass just lifted the jets to the double chance by beating the pies.Does that assure the yass boys a finals birth ?
Belco would be hard pressed to turn such a big margain around within the two period and with no home ground advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the Div 3 ladder is starting to look very interesting. With four rounds to go there are 7 teams with a genuine chance of making the finals, with the eighth placed Jets still an outside chance. Looking ahead to Round 18, the current top eight teams all play each other on that weekend and could possibly determine three of the top four positions. A cracking month of footy coming up in the Districts!:thumbsu:

As one of the teams mentioned in Div 4 for the end of year wooden spoon match, I would absolutely oppose any such suggestion. We don't play just for finals in September (or August as is the case in Canberra District), our Div 4 side gives a lot of blokes a game of footy that may not otherwise be playing; younger blokes coming up, blokes who are not quite up to higher standard, fellas who cannot train regularly, and older stagers who just don't want to give it away (and good luck to all of them/us).

When we decided 4 years ago to re-enter 2 teams we knew we were in for some pain (but hopefully not as bad as our previous 2 team attempt when CD began in the 90's). We see it as a development opportunity and this year, due to some extensive injuries, several blokes have had an opportunity to play a higher grade than they otherwise would have this year and this has only benefited us for future years.

No denying the fact that we have been forced to play short numbers on several weeks and have relied on old boys, blokes well retired and others who don't know better, but isn't that what social footy is about?

I say keep the end of year for the finals teams that have deserved it, we would be embarrassed playing at the same time and it would probably interfere with end of season entertainment anyway.

As one of the teams mentioned in Div 4 for the end of year wooden spoon match, I would absolutely oppose any such suggestion. We don't play just for finals in September (or August as is the case in Canberra District), our Div 4 side gives a lot of blokes a game of footy that may not otherwise be playing; younger blokes coming up, blokes who are not quite up to higher standard, fellas who cannot train regularly, and older stagers who just don't want to give it away (and good luck to all of them/us).

When we decided 4 years ago to re-enter 2 teams we knew we were in for some pain (but hopefully not as bad as our previous 2 team attempt when CD began in the 90's). We see it as a development opportunity and this year, due to some extensive injuries, several blokes have had an opportunity to play a higher grade than they otherwise would have this year and this has only benefited us for future years.

No denying the fact that we have been forced to play short numbers on several weeks and have relied on old boys, blokes well retired and others who don't know better, but isn't that what social footy is about?

I say keep the end of year for the finals teams that have deserved it, we would be embarrassed playing at the same time and it would probably interfere with end of season entertainment anyway.

Huge kudos to you and the team Boof. :thumbsu: It is great you still get out and have a run for the love of the game even knowing that the winning margain is somewhat lopsided HOWEVER as you say

our Div 4 side gives a lot of blokes a game of footy that may not otherwise be playing; younger blokes coming up, blokes who are not quite up to higher standard, fellas who cannot train regularly, and older stagers who just don't want to give it away

Keep it up :D

good call boof, im not sure what southcab was on about there, If you are from bidgee i applaude you guys, 2 weeks ago we played them and although the score was huge, they never stopped and also had time for a chat and a joke. at one stage they kicked three or four in a row, and had us on the back foot. keep on keeping on.

looking forward to next week already, undefeated goulburn at yass. bring it on. :thumbsu::thumbsu:
hey dj , bloody hell, its hard to predict you guys at yass, i heard belco had a few out and looks like you did too, you guys hitting form at the right time, i think goulburn would be a little worried about travelling to yass this week, perhaps it may be the end of their unbeaten run. back to back flags now back on the table for you blokes although the jets seem to be travelling very well as well. good luck on the weekend

hey dj , bloody hell, its hard to predict you guys at yass, i heard belco had a few out and looks like you did too, you guys hitting form at the right time, i think goulburn would be a little worried about travelling to yass this week, perhaps it may be the end of their unbeaten run. back to back flags now back on the table for you blokes although the jets seem to be travelling very well as well. good luck on the weekend

Aint that the truth middle, its getting harder and harder to even identify the yass boys these days you never no who your going to play out there is half the problem.;

So will Uni suffer its third straight loss in the threes against Belco or will they get back on track ? Match of the round

In the fours two good games this week last years champs against this years favorites im tipping the swans to bring the roos back to earth .

In the other top four game belco will atone for last weeks loss by beating the students ,this week sees the entire midfeild back for the pies and after last weeks loss this is good news.

So will Uni suffer its third straight loss in the threes against Belco or will they get back on track ? Match of the round

In the fours two good games this week last years champs against this years favorites im tipping the swans to bring the roos back to earth .

In the other top four game belco will atone for last weeks loss by beating the students ,this week sees the entire midfeild back for the pies and after last weeks loss this is good news.

Belco 3s must win to keep finals chance alive , i would like to see them win, and more so for the 4s to beat uni would be good. I think you have 2 out of three correct had to be, but i reckon the roos might get up:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Belco come from five goals down against ANU at 3/4 time in the 4's to lock in a finals spot. 3rds got pumped by ANU and will now struggle.
good work belco, we had goulburn by the balls all game but lost by 9 i think. we blew it but you guys winning helped us a lot. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back