AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. They have been fantastic comps. I think it is great to have a decent number of teams in a comp. I think it would get boring to play the same couple of teams over and over.

I agree. They have been fantastic comps. I think it is great to have a decent number of teams in a comp. I think it would get boring to play the same couple of teams over and over.

Looks like we have reached a consensus on a few things boys!

I think the comp is fine as it is at the moment. I think it would be a backwards step for clubs like tuggers and ainslie to drop their 3s side into the 4s comp, and that the league should not allow it. I also think that it would destroy Yass, Cooma, Coota or Goulburn if they were to be forcefully promoted to 3s for winning the 4s premiership the previous season. It would not be good for their development if they are not ready.

Everyone is waiting to see how the Jets venture into 2s and u/18s goes. Fingers crossed this is a successful process, then I am sure the Jets crew who make it happen can advise clubs like Yass, Goulburn etc on how to make the move. Wouldnt it be good to have all 3s and 4s clubs fielding first and reserve grade one day!!!

I haven't heard anything about promotion and relegation for 2010 or beyond.

I don't believe anyone should be forced up a grade for a single dominant season - I know it almost killed our club.

Out of curiosity, I heard the undefeated Swans have a number of 40 year old plus playing for them? Do they have a good mix of 18-25 year olds as well?

I agree gf, it would kill most country teams. Whilst we have had a good year, we are a year to year proposition, with players coming and going. We are still trying to grow the game in Goulburn and being on the end of floggings wouldn't help that. We are not ready and I'm sure other country teams would be the same.
As for the age of our list, we have two players in their 40's another 6 in their 30's and the rest are all under the age of 26. We have picked up alot of young guys over the last 2 years who wanted to come and have a game:thumbsu:

Thanks for the rapt 3GM, not sure if you will be able to judge though. Might be a tough day for us at Jamo with several out with injury and unavailability. See how we go

Looks like we have reached a consensus on a few things boys!

I think the comp is fine as it is at the moment. I think it would be a backwards step for clubs like tuggers and ainslie to drop their 3s side into the 4s comp, and that the league should not allow it. I also think that it would destroy Yass, Cooma, Coota or Goulburn if they were to be forcefully promoted to 3s for winning the 4s premiership the previous season. It would not be good for their development if they are not ready.

Everyone is waiting to see how the Jets venture into 2s and u/18s goes. Fingers crossed this is a successful process, then I am sure the Jets crew who make it happen can advise clubs like Yass, Goulburn etc on how to make the move. Wouldnt it be good to have all 3s and 4s clubs fielding first and reserve grade one day!!!

Just on the Jets move into Div 2 and U18, it won't be an instant hit after the first season, like most things it will take time before it can be said the move was a good decision or not. There is going to be normal teething problems. Good luck to them none the less.

As for the Swans, I think it would just smash them if they were forced up. Last season was obviously not as successful as this season but they could not be judged on just this 1 season alone. Next season they may lose players or whatever and have a not so good run.

I concur Twobobs, it would be good to see all teams field a 1st and Reserve (I am guessing you are talking in CDL terms) teams, would definitely make the comp very healthy and a whole lot more competitive.

1st and Reserve (I am guessing you are talking in CDL terms) teams

Treat Cooma and Woden as a 2 team club, just based in different home grounds. The relationship and camraderie between the Clubs is strong and will only get stronger.

The Cooma Double Header is intended to become an annual event.

No waiting game shanefos,Uni are through to the finals and play the pies in the elimanation final should be a cracker, with belco beating goulburn by about the same margain that uni won by.
Good luck to all involved in finals :thumbsu:

Don't know where you're getting your mail. We got dicked by 8 or 9 goals

Woden d Gungahlin by 5 goals or so.
Juggs beat Belco by 5 points.
ANU over ADFA by 5 goals.

Looks like finals is Harman vs ANU, Woden vs ADFA.

Should be a good series

Woden d Gungahlin by 5 goals or so.
Juggs beat Belco by 5 points.
ANU over ADFA by 5 goals.

Looks like finals is Harman vs ANU, Woden vs ADFA.

Should be a good series

Congrats to Murrumbidgee for winning the grand final and then singing the song out on the ground after the game today. Makes it sweet that it was less than 1% you missed out by. Surely there is something you guys can appeal to get yourself a spot in the finals?

What was the final results for the Murrumbidgee vs Belconnen? Was it a high scoring match, I heard they kicked a goal after the siren to win.

What was the final results for the Murrumbidgee vs Belconnen? Was it a high scoring match, I heard they kicked a goal after the siren to win.

Guys finals for Div 3 will be:

Harman Vs ANU
Woden Vs Murrumbidgee

ADFA lost by 29pts which will give them a percentage of 123.59% and Murrumbidgee won by 5pts with a percentage now of 123.61%.

ADFA For - 1514
ADFA Against - 1225
percentage - 123.59%

Juggs For - 1696
Juggs Against - 1372
percentage - 123.61%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murrumbidgee against Belconnen was a good game with Belconnen being up by 6 goals at half time. Juggers came back to be 13pts down at 3 quarter time. In the forth the Juggs kicked the first few goals to put themselves in front by a goal and held the Magpies off to win by 5pts. Great effort from a team that was out of the finals race. Huge respect for them to come out and want to win like they did.

WTF happened with Harman vs ADFA yesterday? I was there for the two's game and i assumed ADFA forfeited, but then around 1 oclock they turned up and played about half a game. Very confusing. I think Harman won, but I'm not sure how that works. Very disappointing for the last game of the year. Wasn't a great game to watch, porbably because it started after a lot of laying around.

The firsts game was much better. Is it just me or has Eastlake improved out of sight compared to the begining of the year? Or do they just match up well with Harman? I thought they both played a great game. It was fantastic to watch, and there were quite a few people at the ground too, which made the atmosphere pretty good.

I can't wait for finals!!

On Sporting Pulse it's got both Harman 1's and 2's as 2:15 games. Someone stuffed up there. Not exactly ADFA's fault.

So will the game be a win on forfeit to Harman?

1st and Reserve (I am guessing you are talking in CDL terms) teams

Treat Cooma and Woden as a 2 team club, just based in different home grounds. The relationship and camraderie between the Clubs is strong and will only get stronger.

The Cooma Double Header is intended to become an annual event.
well then why couldnt cooma send a team to yass, piss poor effort, they havent travelled to yass for 6 years now, with anu winning by so much yass probably would not have won by enough to make the finals but would have been nice to have a go at it. good luck to all teams in the finals. div 4 is hard to pick. maybe belco v gungahlin div 3 harman v ?? yes the league sems pretty good at the moment, just one thing . GET WITH THE TIMES AFL CANBERRA AND BRING IN TOP 5 FOR EVERYONES SAKE.:confused::confused::confused:

guys finals for div 3 will be:

Harman vs anu
woden vs murrumbidgee

adfa lost by 29pts which will give them a percentage of 123.59% and murrumbidgee won by 5pts with a percentage now of 123.61%.

Adfa for - 1514
adfa against - 1225
percentage - 123.59%

juggs for - 1696
juggs against - 1372
percentage - 123.61%

thats amazing . We deffinately need a top 5

thats amazing . We deffinately need a top 5

I don't think we need a top 5. ADFA have missed out because of their yearly forfeit to the Jets and Yass were only a chance because ANU had the forfeit against Coota due to a double booking. It's a shame ADFA missed out but Yass would have only been making up the numbers anyway (probably would have only beaten Belco in that top 4). The top 4 is working so why change it?

well then why couldnt cooma send a team to yass, piss poor effort, they havent travelled to yass for 6 years now,

I'm not here to defend Cooma, but their draw was rubbish.

Their last 6 games were at Goulburn, Jamison, home, Amaroo, Coota then Yass. Surely for 2010 their 5 biggest road trips could be scheduled across the year, and not the last 6 weeks. They fielded teams in 5 of those 6 games. Unfortunately yesterday they ran out of numbers - I know at least 6 or 7 'Woden' players who were unavailable for Cooma due to injury.

But shoot off at the lip ******** - and don't blame Cooma for Yass's inability to win when required. With the forfeit rules you may still get in - average winning score to 0. Which would be harsh on ANU!!!!

I'm not here to defend Cooma, but their draw was rubbish.

Their last 6 games were at Goulburn, Jamison, home, Amaroo, Coota then Yass. Surely for 2010 their 5 biggest road trips could be scheduled across the year, and not the last 6 weeks. They fielded teams in 5 of those 6 games. Unfortunately yesterday they ran out of numbers - I know at least 6 or 7 'Woden' players who were unavailable for Cooma due to injury.

But shoot off at the lip ******** - and don't blame Cooma for Yass's inability to win when required. With the forfeit rules you may still get in - average winning score to 0. Which would be harsh on ANU!!!!

Na they'd need to win by over 200 to get in.

Fours finals

Goulburn vs Gungahlin
Belconnen vs ANU

Should be two very good games.

On Sporting Pulse it's got both Harman 1's and 2's as 2:15 games. Someone stuffed up there. Not exactly ADFA's fault.

So will the game be a win on forfeit to Harman?

Sorry but i would still say most of the blame goes to ADFA. How ofter are two's games at 2:15?? If i saw that then i'd be questioning it at the ver least. Pretty stupid by them if that's the case.

Sorry but i would still say most of the blame goes to ADFA. How ofter are two's games at 2:15?? If i saw that then i'd be questioning it at the ver least. Pretty stupid by them if that's the case.

Given ANU got shafted with a forfeit due to some knob double booking their oval I would say Harman will lose by forfeit.

Is a load of s**t given they don't make the draw but surely they would have noticed the anomaly with the draw, confirmed it and notified ADFA given they are hosting the game.

Given ANU got shafted with a forfeit due to some knob double booking their oval I would say Harman will lose by forfeit.

Is a load of s**t given they don't make the draw but surely they would have noticed the anomaly with the draw, confirmed it and notified ADFA given they are hosting the game.

Don't you mean ADFA will lose by forfeit? I'm pretty sure all the Harman guys were there well before 11. They were out there kicking the ball around for a long time. ADFA turned up at around 1.

How is it Harman's responsibility to notify ADFA? Is there not one player at ADFA that questioned a 2pm start? Every Harman player managed to figure it out, but not one ADFA guy? Pretty ordinary if you ask me. There should be more penalties for a forfeit i think.

I don't think we need a top 5. ADFA have missed out because of their yearly forfeit to the Jets and Yass were only a chance because ANU had the forfeit against Coota due to a double booking. It's a shame ADFA missed out but Yass would have only been making up the numbers anyway (probably would have only beaten Belco in that top 4). The top 4 is working so why change it?
quite simple mate, 11 teams deserves a top 5, it is also a fairer finals system and it is used in every other competition with these numbers. its just a case of getting with the times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back