AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beans agree with harry being one of your best just was thinking belco must have been in a very strong position if he was on the bench..

Windslow the thing is if a player is able to dominate,Im happy with any rating he is givin.If he is overrated then there is no need to worry then is there so why ask.?

It's finals footy boys and a whole different ball game....this is where you make or break reputations! Good luck to all....should be a cracker of a weekend of footy!!:thumbsu:

Beans agree with harry being one of your best just was thinking belco must have been in a very strong position if he was on the bench..

Windslow the thing is if a player is able to dominate,Im happy with any rating he is givin.If he is overrated then there is no need to worry then is there so why ask.?

Because he is a jerk.

Very harsh indeed. I have no love for Belconnen whatsoever, but Dom's a top bloke and i think you're simply sore at the fact he's probably carved you up a couple of times. I'd have a beer with him anytime.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha saying dom will carv me up is like saying Melbourne will win the AFL premiership!! NO CHANCE IN HELL MATE:thumbsu:

P.s dom is a jerk :D

Ports ,heywood,bighill,pie 25 ,beans,all the yass boys and anybody else involved in finals footy this weekend all the best boys hope the footy gods are with us kick long stay safe.
Cheers.:)

jets v belco belco 17pts
Adfa v bidgee adfa 67pts

yass v jets can jets kick straight 2morrow??? Too close to call :thumbsu:
belco v swans belco 36pts

havent seen/heard of a game in districts drawing a crowd of this size since jets won the flag under Big kz in 80s as EAST CANBERRA JETS in monaro, 10,000 at manuka oval by full time that day;)

Good on you T and good luck to your boys as well.

My tips: Div 3
Belco over Jets by 2 goals after different leaders at half and 3/4 time.
Juggers over ADFA

Div 4
Yass over Jets but only just
Belco over Swans

Good to see a cracker finals series in all grades.

For those who think Yass are going to hammer the Jets, I think you are wrong IMO. It is going to be a very tight match and to close to call.

Yass have played great footy all season and deserve the title of minor premiers (noting with the way the Jets played this yr only 1 team could go undefeated all season) however I have seen a few games and their last encounter with the Jets was not the prettiest football I have seen them play. The Jets beat them in the last qtr and I don't think the Jets turned up until 3 qtr time with some of the football they played in the 1st half. I have also seen the Jets play far better footy during the season.

I am sure Southcab and the Yass boys and the Jets boys will agree the Umpiring was far from ordinary which I think may have caused the standard of football to not be at its best for both sides.

With the team list I have seen for the Jets and from what the Yass lads have said about their line up I am sure it is going to be a very tight, tough competitive game which I am sure all spectators will enjoy watching.

Business end of the season boys and to all the teams playing this weekend, all the best for the finals :thumbsu:

I checked the squads for last few games for Div 4 in 2007, and of those

7 played Div 4 in 2008 (4 only played half a season)
7 played Div 3 regularly
11 relocated or not playing footy
2 randomly play (Div 4)
2 long term injured
Booftastic givin the above stats and the change in coach arrangments during the year im thinking bidge would be within there rites to claim this year a success in the fours with 7 wins and 9 losses and givin that you had the tuff end of the draw.With no forfeits even jets and yass recieved forfeits this year .I dont know what kieren is doing next year but i hope he stays on as he is good for the game and the bidgee boys.Even if he swears alot. :thumbsu:
Longhaul whatever happens today im of the opinon that the rite 2 sides make up todays final!!!.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an entertaining game yet sometimes spiteful game to watch.

The umpiring left a little to be desired at times as well which I think influenced how the game was played.

It was good to see that while it was sometimes a bit heated and tempers rose, after the game a few of the Yass boys sat and had a drink with the Jets boys. Good sportsmanship.

Good luck to the Roos for next week, will be interesting to see who they are playing.

On another Note the Jets 3rds went down to the Pies. Whilst they had more scoring shots and in the last qtr kicked something like 1 goal 8 they were unable to convert the shots to goals. I think had of they of been able to kick straight they may have just got over the pies up until the Pies kicked 3 straight in the final few minutes.
Congrats to the Pies and good luck to the Jets next week.

Great district 4 semi between jets and roos. Somehow the jet boys found a way to win, trailing all day until 4-5 mins remaining.:thumbsu:

Congratulations to the boys for hanging in when the chips were down, :thumbsu:

The roos were dominant for large parts of the game and looked certainties to
earn the respect that they have demanded all week and go straight into G/F, maybe they were too cocky, maybe it was their poor discipline at times, maybe the fact that 1/2 the town had promised to turn out and support but didn't deliver had rubbed off onto the players. :eek:

One things for sure YASS will certainly win next week whoever they play and show why they were UNDEFEATED till today :cool:

Bad luck to the jets 3s another tough game of districts footy, but as we all know if you don't capitalize on your opportunities you wont beat a belconnen outfit hardened by a year of ACT reserve footy. :(

Girls unlucky, what can one say, rules are rules, next week lets hope you can field a full squad (at least more than 14 for 4Q) and achieve a G/F spot in your first season. GREAT STUFF GIRLS :thumbsu:

Good luck to teams 2morrow, will be hard to match standard of district footy today, Here's hoping :rolleyes:

Well done to both (Div4) Jets and (Div3) Pies for their wins today. Both great games of footy except for the biff at the end of the roos vs jets match. Really took a great game and turned it into just a good game. Some of the Yass players need to realise they have a full team there with them and when they end up fitting the other team or crowd members that they only make themselves and their team mates worse off. Good luck next week Roo boys I'm sure you will kick arse.

Good luck to both ADFA and Juggs tomorrow. Should be a great game for all of us to watch between to very fit sides.

Jets dominated the 4's all day from this observers viewpoint. Should have won by lots more. Yass very poor for an undefeated side. Umpiring was shocking though. Still, nice to see some of the cockiness knocked out of them.

Jets were never in the 3's game. We kicked poorly but Pies had it all over us pretty much all game. Hopefully the GF is our revenge game.

Congrats to Houser and the boys! Top stuff to knock off yass and make it through to the GF.

Here's hoping the Jets' 1s can join you in the GF next week.

Thanks for the run down on the games from the observers - almost feels like I was there (ok not really but is good to get some info on the games).

Good luck tomorrow Hilly - from what I hear about ADFA I think you're going to need it.

What a surprise. A couple of dodgy decisions and Yass' discipline goes to water and costs them another game. Southcab, your blokes have always struggled with this aspect of the game. What's the story out there at Yass? Too many egos or just too few brain cells? Or was it just the added pressure of a first finals appearance that got to your blokes? The umpiring has always been fairly ordinary in CD's, even from the more decent umpires. So how come other teams can take the bad decisions in their stride and Yass tend to lose the plot and start giving away cheap free kicks and 50 metre penalties and goals when the umpiring goes against them? I even remember a game when the runner got reported for abusing the umpire after a couple of dodgy decisions went against them. I know I've been known to give the umpires a good spray from time to time and have probably given away some silly free kicks as a result, but Yass seem to always take it that one step too far. Sad to say it, but it's what Yass are known for in CD4's. I'd be interested to get the coach's perspective on this and whether there has ever been any concerted effort to stamp out the poor discipline.

Anyway, congratulations to Gungahlin. No being knocked out in straight sets this year, huh?

Thanks boys for the comments,Let me first say regardless of what you think the bottom line is the jets deserve there victory they got numbers to the ball and succesfully ran in numbers all day and with a little better kicking could have made the win more dominant.It just goes to show you dont have to be the best side all year but you do have to be the best all day.Shanefoss we have worked extremly hard on the disipline this year though it dosnt always shine through.As for the umpiring you are rite good sides adapt to the style of play the umpire allows and yesterday the jets were the best at doing that .With 3 to go to afl head quaters on tuesday night thats all i will say on that for now.`1 from yass and 2 for the jets.Umpire numbers must be at a all time low for 1 umpire to back up from the girls.Anyway we can analise the game as much as we like we can asert blame to all sorts of things we can say the caoch made some poor moves at certain stages we can say it was ego,s tall poppies cockyness nerves stage fright anything you like even lack of brain cells as one poster has added but the truth is we were beaton by a more commited more desperate and better coached footy side .We will regroup and we will be back.Cheers boys good luck to all who play today.

Everyone knows if you pressure yass on score board, they go the niggle & think they are in a 4 cornered square ring and the spotlight on themselves instead of whole team. (probably would beat Jets in a biff, but this is footy sorry lads not beijing amatuer boxing bout)

Time and time again Jets small men where kama kazi like diving/flinging themselves from seemingly impossible positions to get 1st hands on ball,(they seem to thrive on challenge of playing bigger stronger teams and coming out on top, they also seem to lack skills but make up for this with their desperation and commitment with head over ball, tackles, :thumbsu:

Southcab the boys have had 17 weeks to curb discipline problems, good luck turning that around in 1-2 weeks :rolleyes:

Hey Longhaul,

Belco 4's beat Goulburn by about 70 points - I have always been hopeless at remembering the actual score for a game so this is a bit of a guess :). The Pies led all day and although Goulburn came out and threw everything at them in the third quarter they manged to hold them and then run away with it in the last quarter.

Congrats to Goulburn though on a great season considering how they started the year and today's game was played in really good spirit despite the umpires making it hard for the players at times.

As for the 3's ADFA had kicked I think 4 goals to nil early against the Juggs but you'll have to rely on another poster for a more up to date score.

Everyone knows if you pressure yass on score board, they go the niggle & think they are in a 4 cornered square ring and the spotlight on themselves instead of whole team. (probably would beat Jets in a biff, but this is footy sorry lads not beijing amatuer boxing bout)

Time and time again Jets small men where kama kazi like diving/flinging themselves from seemingly impossible positions to get 1st hands on ball,(they seem to thrive on challenge of playing bigger stronger teams and coming out on top, they also seem to lack skills but make up for this with their desperation and commitment with head over ball, tackles, :thumbsu:

Southcab the boys have had 17 weeks to curb discipline problems, good luck turning that around in 1-2 weeks :rolleyes:

not much talk about how good Magpies were in the 3's. most of talk about jets being poor. Magpies moved football well and were courageous. not sure about jets, might not see them again i feel. adfa or bidgee looked better teams today then jets. Jets too old legs for finals footy

not much talk about how good Magpies were in the 3's. most of talk about jets being poor. Magpies moved football well and were courageous. not sure about jets, might not see them again i feel. adfa or bidgee looked better teams today then jets. Jets too old legs for finals footy

I don't know about that Wonky.
Jets had more scoring shots than Maggies but were just not able to convert, as I stated earlier that was what let them down.

Not to take anything from the Magpies, they played a very good game and ran the ball extremely well and kicked a lot straighter.
I think it was 9 scoring shots to 3 jets way in the last qtr :eek:

I think Jets need to focus on kicking straight as their run on play and delivery into the forward line was excellent at times but again converting into 6 points was the downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back