AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the punch from yass or gungahlin.The finals this week are at manuka see the pies only having one team involved this week cant play some of those who played last weekend.

Only one. We are pretty much full strength again. Should be a good game. Hopefully we don't get the same 'interesting' umpires that we had yesterday. Although I did enjoy them having a very heated argument amongst themselves at the end of the last quarter.

Was the punch from yass or gungahlin.The finals this week are at manuka see the pies only having one team involved this week cant play some of those who played last weekend.

The only punch was from Yass, not that it matters and not going to mention his number, don't think he got reported.. Southcab can you confirm this??

I am to understand 1 of the Jets was reported from that particular incident.

3GM, I am sure any umpire you get will be "interesting" lol

The only punch was from Yass, not that it matters and not going to mention his number, don't think he got reported.. Southcab can you confirm this??

I am to understand 1 of the Jets was reported from that particular incident.

3GM, I am sure any umpire you get will be "interesting" lol

LH,
i dont think any of the punches were first thrown by yass at all..
we had one reported for 'retaliation'
and the fight at the end was again thrown by a Jets player while we were shaking hands..
but despite who threw the first or last punch its not good for the game..
whats happened has happend.. its in the past:thumbsu:

Leeroy,

I am giving an unbiased opinion as I am just an avid follower of football, don't support either side and call it as I see it.

Sitting where I was on the sideline and having a great view of everything. The Jets player shakes the hand of the Yass player then pushes him away and the Yass player punches him, to me that is punching first. :(

Anyway what's done is done and I don't think anymore needs to be said on the negative aspects of the game :thumbsu:

Longhaul i can confirm that yass have a player going to the tribunal tomorow night i can also confirm that the spitting incedent has been dealt with and no more will be said about it. As for the juice comments simple questions were raised with actafl and there reply has been noted i am however very disapointed that certain aspects of those discussion are now common knowledge giving they could only have come from one place. The fact that players had a beer with each other after the match speacks volumes for both clubs that had gone through a match that ment a great deal to both clubs .The jets deserved there victory as i have mentioned before its now on with the job at hand witch is playing belco this weekend.

Keep them focused Southcab. It will be great to see YASS win the flag this year. They certainly deserve it out of all the teams. Gungahlin definately deserve to be in the GF but YASS deserve to walk away with the trophy. Let's hope Brendan Foran can play this weekend or at least the grand final. It is very hard sitting on the sideline watching your team play in finals.

Longhaul i can confirm that yass have a player going to the tribunal tomorow night i can also confirm that the spitting incedent has been dealt with and no more will be said about it. As for the juice comments simple questions were raised with actafl and there reply has been noted i am however very disapointed that certain aspects of those discussion are now common knowledge giving they could only have come from one place. The fact that players had a beer with each other after the match speacks volumes for both clubs that had gone through a match that ment a great deal to both clubs .The jets deserved there victory as i have mentioned before its now on with the job at hand witch is playing belco this weekend.

I am not to sure what comments you are referring to though :confused:

It was good to see the guys having a beer and chat together well after the game had finished, what happens on the field stays on the field.

Good luck against Belco. :thumbsu:

Keep them focused Southcab. It will be great to see YASS win the flag this year. They certainly deserve it out of all the teams. Gungahlin definately deserve to be in the GF but YASS deserve to walk away with the trophy. Let's hope Brendan Foran can play this weekend or at least the grand final. It is very hard sitting on the sideline watching your team play in finals.
Hilly, there’s a rumour going ‘round that you did your back in whilst piggy-backing Ports on your bender the weekend before last. I sure hope it’s not true coz you’ll never walk again if that’s the case! ;)

On a more serious note, there’s another rumour doing the rounds that on the weekend Belco Div 3 played a bloke who’d played 9 games in Div 2 this season. If it’s true it surprises me after what happened last year…

BigHill thanks ,we will certainly be doing our best foro trained the house down last night as did most of the team there is a very positive feeling in the camp i can tell you.:thumbsu:

HEYWOOD J dont even go there your div 4 side played a bloke who played 5 games for AINSLIE div 2, 6 games in AINSLIE div 3 ,then 6 games in the JETS div3; and makes his (debut )along with others in div 4 agaisnt yass on the weekend.Not rumor actual facts so lets not go down the rumor path im only printing it on here because he works for the act afl and everybody already no,s .
If you have any other facts you want to no let me no thats facts not rumors i will be out all day but ill gladly answer you late tonight have a good day.:)

Hilly, there’s a rumour going ‘round that you did your back in whilst piggy-backing Ports on your bender the weekend before last. I sure hope it’s not true coz you’ll never walk again if that’s the case! ;)

On a more serious note, there’s another rumour doing the rounds that on the weekend Belco Div 3 played a bloke who’d played 9 games in Div 2 this season. If it’s true it surprises me after what happened last year…

HJ it happens every year mate and it will happen until the AFL Canberra have a better system in place to keep a track of who is playing where. There is too many holes in the system that can be abused. Let's just hope that no-one missed out on playing in the final with their team that they have played with all year. If so then if I was that player I would be looking elsewhere next year.

Also if you believe a rumour that anyone could possibly lift Ports off the ground then you need to be shot. A forklift would struggle getting him off the ground. Serously I have had a bad back for sometime and it just decided a week out from the finals to pack it in. Can't help old age mate but I'll be back next year with just as much taping as David Bryant from the Jets.

HJ it happens every year mate and it will happen until the AFL Canberra have a better system in place to keep a track of who is playing where. There is too many holes in the system that can be abused. Let's just hope that no-one missed out on playing in the final with their team that they have played with all year. If so then if I was that player I would be looking elsewhere next year.

Also if you believe a rumour that anyone could possibly lift Ports off the ground then you need to be shot. A forklift would struggle getting him off the ground. Serously I have had a bad back for sometime and it just decided a week out from the finals to pack it in. Can't help old age mate but I'll be back next year with just as much taping as David Bryant from the Jets.

It never ends does it!! :)

Belco are serial offenders with flaunting the eligability rules.

What's the point in having them if they are not going to be enforced?

BigHill thanks ,we will certainly be doing our best foro trained the house down last night as did most of the team there is a very positive feeling in the camp i can tell you.:thumbsu:

HEYWOOD J dont even go there your div 4 side played a bloke who played 5 games for AINSLIE div 2, 6 games in AINSLIE div 3 ,then 6 games in the JETS div3; and makes his (debut )along with others in div 4 agaisnt yass on the weekend.Not rumor actual facts so lets not go down the rumor path im only printing it on here because he works for the act afl and everybody already no,s .
If you have any other facts you want to no let me no thats facts not rumors i will be out all day but ill gladly answer you late tonight have a good day.:)
And I thought you told us you understood the finals eligibility rules, Southcab? Fact: the bloke you're talking about who played Jets Div 4 on the w/e was eligible to play Div 4. Fact: Sportingpulse indicates there was a Belco player who played in Div 3 on the weekend after playing 9 H&A games in Div 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I thought you told us you understood the finals eligibility rules, Southcab? Fact: the bloke you're talking about who played Jets Div 4 on the w/e was eligible to play Div 4. Fact: Sportingpulse indicates there was a Belco player who played in Div 3 on the weekend after playing 9 H&A games in Div 2.

This is my first post on this site and what an action packed week to do it.

HJ the Pies are well within their rights to do what they did as long as their div 2 team is playing to on the same weekend. Much the same as the Jets were allowed to play 6-7 guys in div 4 after they played 9 or more games in the H/A series in div 3 OR higher. However if the jets 3's get rolled on this week those 7 will no be able to play in the GF becouse of that 9 game rule. So with that in mind that Belco player will only be able to play the GF if their Div 2 team plays that weekend, if they don't he can't play.

If i'm wrong I stand corrected.:confused:

However, I have just realised that their Div2 had the bye, so If the way I read the rule is right he should not of played.:confused::confused:

However if the jets 3's get rolled on this week those 7 will no be able to play in the GF becouse of that 9 game rule.

Just on the jets getting rolled part. I think they will they looked slow old and skillless and had structure i thought.

Adfa will roll them pretty easy i think 5 goals im predicting.

As for 4th grade i was at both games and i think belo will knock out the roos in straight sets they look the goods on sunday thats for sure. Possible flag contender.

Any thoughts??

Gee there are some people on their "rags" this week. Bout time it got a bit feral, I was hating the plesantries that have been afforded to all of late:)

If jets play hard and physical (for the ball) will beat adfa in 3rds
4ths - would like to think yass would make it through but as stated by many finals footy is a completely different game. Would make for a interesting grand final v jets

I'm not sure on the rule regarding Div 2 and Div 3 and whether it is the same as Div 3 and Div 4 or not but what I do know is that Belco checked the eligibility of the player in question with the League prior to the weekend so, AGAIN, if anything is up it's with the league not Belco. Belco, like everyone else, plays who they are told they are allowed to play.

So, in relation to GF's comment about Belco flaunting the eligibility rules - I would have thought to be flaunting the rules you would have to play players without consulting the league for clarification or play players that you know 100% have not qualified - neither of which has happened.

AFL Canberra First and Second Division
First Division​
: A player must play a minimum of four AFL Canberra First Division or Second Division or
combination of First or second division home and away matches with his club team to be eligible to
play AFL Canberra First Division Finals.

Second Division​
: A player must play a minumum of four AFL Canberra Second Division games with his

Revised April 2007​
club to be eligible to play AFL Canberra Second Division finals.
Number of Games per Season
Senior Eligibility
Any player who has played in a total of nine or more home and away matches of a higher grade or
grades shall not be eligible to play final matches in a lower grade.​

AFL Canberra First and Second Division
First Division​
: A player must play a minimum of four AFL Canberra First Division or Second Division or
combination of First or second division home and away matches with his club team to be eligible to
play AFL Canberra First Division Finals.

Second Division​
: A player must play a minumum of four AFL Canberra Second Division games with his

Revised April 2007​
club to be eligible to play AFL Canberra Second Division finals.
Number of Games per Season
Senior Eligibility
Any player who has played in a total of nine or more home and away matches of a higher grade or
grades shall not be eligible to play final matches in a lower grade.​

But the fact remains, if you ring the league to check on a specific players eligibility and are told they are able to play then you have to rely on the interpretation provided.

Sorry but dont really understand all this eligibility stuff whats the go with belco this weekend wiil the risk dropping players back from their div 3 to div 4 seeing as their not playing this weekend :confused:

No one should be calling you guys at Belco cheats because you do the right thing by asking AFL Canberra. Now if they advise you that a player can play then what are you going to do. Well you would play them of course. It looks like AFL Canberra need to look into a players eligibility a bit more before provide consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back