AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Pete Stevens is eligible to play this week so he's allowed to serve his 1 week this week. The tribunal noted this last night.
Heywood i always agree with you but this time u have it wrong mate stevo will miss the gf.The tribunal dosnt have the capacity to over rule the by law .sorry the suspenstion must stand in the division enforced.:thumbsdown:

Heywood i always agree with you but this time u have it wrong mate stevo will miss the gf.The tribunal dosnt have the capacity to over rule the by law .sorry the suspenstion must stand in the division enforced.:thumbsdown:
Hey Juicer, I'd like to know exactly which by-law you're referring to there fruity. Are you saying that he can't play in the Div 4 GF but he can play in the Div 3 Prelim Final this week? Think about that.

Hey Juicer, I'd like to know exactly which by-law you're referring to there fruity. Are you saying that he can't play in the Div 4 GF but he can play in the Div 3 Prelim Final this week? Think about that.
So under your system a div 3 player gets a match but because he is available to play a div 4 match he sits out the div4 match and then goes on and plays div 3.because he was available to play i see.

So under your system a div 3 player gets a match but because he is available to play a div 4 match he sits out the div4 match and then goes on and plays div 3.because he was available to play i see.
That's a wacky little scenario you've dreamt up Fruity. I'm assuming in your example both matches are on the same day? If so, then the by-laws actually do cover it - 7.2.4 states that "A player is only permitted to play in one finals match on any given weekend." Therefore, in your example, the player is only eligible for ONE of the matches and would have to serve his suspension that week.

Answer me this: is Pete Stevens allowed to play for the Jets in Div 3 this week, if selected?

That's a wacky little scenario you've dreamt up Fruity. I'm assuming in your example both matches are on the same day? If so, then the by-laws actually do cover it - 7.2.4 states that "A player is only permitted to play in one finals match on any given weekend." Therefore, in your example, the player is only eligible for ONE of the matches and would have to serve his suspension that week.

Answer me this: is Pete Stevens allowed to play for the Jets in Div 3 this week, if selected?

Heywood stop teasing! The answer is no. Hence he misses 1 week. I Thought we all played sport, this is kindy stuff guys. P.S:thumbsu: will play G.F.

Heywood

Maybe we didn't make the finals because ADFA didn't forfeit to us twice.....
:D
I don't need to remind you that we rolled your mob twice this year do I?

This weekend adfa may be young fit and egar but the jets are hard seasoned and expeirenced Verdict jets in a close won

With the now suspension at yass PIES will finish what jets started and exit yass Verdict pies easy

The afl would be hoping im thinking that the jets play the pies in both grades as it causes no eligibilty problems cause with multiple teams in volved everyone can play.

So tell me this if a div 1 player from Belo gets 3 matches what is there to stop him from using a Div4 and Div3 game on a saturday then a Div2 game on the Sunday so he turn out the following week in Div 1. Please keep in mind im using the H/A series in this example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So tell me this if a div 1 player from Belo gets 3 matches what is there to stop him from using a Div4 and Div3 game on a saturday then a Div2 game on the Sunday so he turn out the following week in Div 1. Please keep in mind im using the H/A series in this example.

I don't know why I'm even replying to this nonsense – this silly hypothetical is irrelevant because we're discussing finals, not H&A matches. Anyway, if a player gets three matches then obviously he’s ineligible to play in any of his club’s matches over the next 3 weekends. The example we’re talking about is clear cut. He’s copped 1 match so he can’t play this week. If you say he can’t play this week or the next then it’s a 2-match suspension.

Anyway, what’s all the fuss, the dude had never been reported before in 30 years of footy, and all he’s done is allegedly retaliated to a cheap shot. Would be pretty harsh to miss a GF considering that. PLUS, the Yass bloke is gonna be allowed to play in the GF (he only got 1 week plus 1 week suspended), if Yass make it, so let’s just get on with it.

I don't know why I'm even replying to this nonsense – this silly hypothetical is irrelevant because we're discussing finals, not H&A matches. Anyway, if a player gets three matches then obviously he’s ineligible to play in any of his club’s matches over the next 3 weekends. The example we’re talking about is clear cut. He’s copped 1 match so he can’t play this week. If you say he can’t play this week or the next then it’s a 2-match suspension.

Anyway, what’s all the fuss, the dude had never been reported before in 30 years of footy, and all he’s done is allegedly retaliated to a cheap shot. Would be pretty harsh to miss a GF considering that. PLUS, the Yass bloke is gonna be allowed to play in the GF (he only got 1 week plus 1 week suspended), if Yass make it, so let’s just get on with it.

You seem to be a bit mixed up it has nothing to do with WEEKS it is matches and it has to be served in the same league. I don't know how you can call its a silly hypothetical as i'm sure there alot of players play more then one game for their club on any given weekend, I know I have.

I hope Pete can play as the offence dosn't warrent missing a GF however the words from David Wark are he can not play in the GF.

To get the topic back on the matches. Who do you think will win this weekend in the 3's?

I've only been down to a few games in the season and seen most of the finals. Should be an intersting game though, with two sides playing against each other that haven't up all year, i've rarely heard of this happening.

Gungahlin have put in solid throughout the year to make it into the finals, and should do well in the finals. I think with the injuries ADFA received last weekend, missing a few key forwards, will definately make the game a lot more interesting.

I think if ADFA's midfield steps up and kicks straight into goals they could have them, but with the possibility of no Sims, the game could get very one sided.

My tip ADFA, with a comeback in the last quarter to get on top

To get the topic back on the matches. Who do you think will win this weekend in the 3's?

I've only been down to a few games in the season and seen most of the finals. Should be an intersting game though, with two sides playing against each other that haven't up all year, i've rarely heard of this happening.

Gungahlin have put in solid throughout the year to make it into the finals, and should do well in the finals. I think with the injuries ADFA received last weekend, missing a few key forwards, will definately make the game a lot more interesting.

I think if ADFA's midfield steps up and kicks straight into goals they could have them, but with the possibility of no Sims, the game could get very one sided.

My tip ADFA, with a comeback in the last quarter to get on top

So where did the rumour start that Sims is injured? He appeared to be traveling ok last week. Is this another rumour along the of Heath Axelby doing his knee at training last week and being out for the season?

You seem to be a bit mixed up it has nothing to do with WEEKS it is matches and it has to be served in the same league. I don't know how you can call its a silly hypothetical as i'm sure there alot of players play more then one game for their club on any given weekend, I know I have.

I hope Pete can play as the offence dosn't warrent missing a GF however the words from David Wark are he can not play in the GF.
34 this is true simple phone call can confirm this.

Reckon it might be worth clearing it up before the Grand Final?

As far as I am concerned, and it sucks to say it, but if was suspended in Division 4 for a match, then he should stay suspended until after the Division 4's next game.

Saying he could play 3's (especially when he hasn't played there all year) to get off the suspension is a joke.

On a different note, well done to the CD's League for selling out the B&F Night Monday night.

Look forward to having a lemon squash with a few of the boys on here at the Labour Club.

Contradictory to the written advice from the league!
Ports i dont believe you do have written advice from the leauge.It would be of more benifit to stevo if there were grounds for appealing.The leauge is offering alternate advice to your statement.Be proactive ports not reactive.

Ports i dont believe you do have written advice from the leauge.It would be of more benifit to stevo if there were grounds for appealing.The leauge is offering alternate advice to your statement.Be proactive ports not reactive.

How the **** am i being reactive, was just quoting what we had received (which is fact) if that advice has changed then so be it. :mad:

How the **** am i being reactive, was just quoting what we had received (which is fact) if that advice has changed then so be it. :mad:
Calm down mate was only trying to be helpfull did not mean to offend that is the end of it from me i will say no more good luck saturday.

Reckon it might be worth clearing it up before the Grand Final?

As far as I am concerned, and it sucks to say it, but if was suspended in Division 4 for a match, then he should stay suspended until after the Division 4's next game.

Saying he could play 3's (especially when he hasn't played there all year) to get off the suspension is a joke.

On a different note, well done to the CD's League for selling out the B&F Night Monday night.

Look forward to having a lemon squash with a few of the boys on here at the Labour Club.

Regardless if he has not played there all year if he is eligible to play then well he could play, however if he has to serve a suspension then he misses the game and plays the next week.

Similar situation with the player being elgible to play last week. If the league says it can be done then do it.

I understand what you are saying about serving the suspension in the div you were charged in but as I said, if the league says it can be done.. not much you can do about it. :(

Between the brains trust on here, we could just about rewrite the eligability bylaws that still need to be updated/circulated etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back