AFL Canberra Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qbn, Belco, Eastlake to win this week

Qbn, Belco, Eastlake to win this week???

What have you don’t with the real M. Nieson? That guy still commentates on the game but lately has offered nothing in the way of “insight” into QFC. What happened out there last weekend?

Hey Terry tugboat what happened to Tugg? Are they that bad or are Tigers coming good?

Noticed Irwin didn’t make rep squad? is that oversight by selectors or the fact that Queanbeyan don’t have anyone involved. Because if anyone had watched him play over the past 36months you would know he is the best big defender in the comp. you would think Tigers would have someone capable of attending trainings and giving us an edge over SFL.
Where is Key Position? Foot in Mouth?

Where is Key position thoughts on Ainslie and Eastlake? Where is your thoughts on Rouke now? what happened out there?

Not sure what my tipping score is up to, but for Round 12: Belconnen in a close one (I've got a feeling....), Eastlake by quite a bit, and if Queanbeyan play like they did in Round 11 then their match against Ainslie could be a two-pointer or a 10-goaler, either way. I'm going with Queanbeyan. Isn't that how it goes in Canberra? "Always tip your home team and whoever's playing Ainslie" ;)

Cheers

What have you don’t with the real M. Nieson? That guy still commentates on the game but lately has offered nothing in the way of “insight” into QFC. What happened out there last weekend?

Hey Terry tugboat what happened to Tugg? Are they that bad or are Tigers coming good?

Noticed Irwin didn’t make rep squad? is that oversight by selectors or the fact that Queanbeyan don’t have anyone involved. Because if anyone had watched him play over the past 36months you would know he is the best big defender in the comp. you would think Tigers would have someone capable of attending trainings and giving us an edge over SFL.

Where is Key position thoughts on Ainslie and Eastlake? Where is your thoughts on Rouke now? what happened out there?

???? Ive heard that Adrian Pavese in on selection panel - he is from qybn:confused: is that true??

Irwin is still a bit off Gobrial,Rodgers,Jacques as leagues best tall-back

thanks for your posts though Neil

Magpies by 150 points over Tuggies tomorrow - in all 3 grades

GO PIES!!!:thumbsu:

Only have seen 4 games this year and have made comment each time. I am not involved in the club during the week and only do the QBNFM call...So not sure what your expecting.

Cheers
Nieso

Gutsy win in the end by Ainslie at DFP against Qbn.

Game was pretty tight most of the day and when the Tigers goaled via Satchel to go a couple up with 10 minutes or so to play, you could have been forgiven to think the momentum was with them and the game was theirs for the taking.

But full credit to Ainslie who showed a fair bit of character to kick the last 3 goals of the match to take the vital 4 points.

Definitely one that got away from Qbn.

Still a couple of frustrating things are still in their game IMO.

They love to over use the footy by hand. Way to much handballed which is not creative particularly when it misses the target by a big margin.

Some of their defenders continue to zone off their opponents way to much. Give an average player a few yards and he might get the ball but give a quality forward a few yards and you will be standing his mark all afternoon watching the ball sail over your head.

On the positive side for the Tigers over the last few games that I have seen some of their better players have been the youngsters. Slater, Griggs and T.Dickinson have been very impressive and if you add that to quality young players like Satchel, Kirkwood and Stevens then the future is looking pretty bright.

It looks as if maybe 6-7 wins will get 4th spot and any side can get it, if they really want it.

Hey ABH. Is that the 5th game the Tigers have lost in the last few minutes of a match ? Whats the go there ? Add 20 points to there tally and they would be in second spot.

Must say, Belco look the goods again. We are just all over the other contenders. Demons are pretenders. Ainslie are there abouts but finishing skill is stuffed even with the Adelaide connection. Tigers wont make it. Swans will but only just and with no back up players will falter in first final. Good comp at the moment with the same coming to the top (in all three grades) . Go Maggies !!!!!!!!

The rest of Round 11 Belconnen v Sydney is now on its way to flickr, for your personal viewing pleasure.

www.flickr.com/photos/red3photography :thumbsu:

Not sure if I completely agree with FIM about Belco looking the goods. I reckon they looked a little lack-lustre through the middle of the game, and early in the fourth term we were only 15 points down. But I do agree that they are the real deal this year; end of the fourth term they got their heads on again and rolled us. I'd like to think that the Hawks kept the Magpies honest, and made them remember that you have to play for four quarters. Even Bubba was impressed with how the Hawks played.

Cheers

Hey ABH. Is that the 5th game the Tigers have lost in the last few minutes of a match ? Whats the go there ? Add 20 points to there tally and they would be in second spot.

Must say, Belco look the goods again. We are just all over the other contenders. Demons are pretenders. Ainslie are there abouts but finishing skill is stuffed even with the Adelaide connection. Tigers wont make it. Swans will but only just and with no back up players will falter in first final. Good comp at the moment with the same coming to the top (in all three grades) . Go Maggies !!!!!!!!

I have only seen the boys 5 times FIM and on 3 occassions they have been over run in the last term.

I think their best can match any side in the comp but the main difference is unlike Belconnen, Qbn dont produce their best often enough or consistantly enough.

I agree with you that Belco are looking the goods, as I stated a few posts ago, I think its theirs to lose.

The only thing that will beat Belco to the flag this year is Belco themselves.

But it was the same last season also.

Easy slection this week although an upset will be Swans over Ainslie in Sydney. Demons willl be far to accomplished for Tuggers and same old same old with Maggies flogging Tigers.

Round 11 Queanbeyan v Hawks is currently heading to flickr, for your personal viewing pleasure.

www.flickr.com/photos/red3photography :thumbsu:

Sydney over Ainslie in a close one.
Belconnen over Queanbeyan by less than a lot of folk might think.
Eastlake over Hawks in a close one.

I think this round has a lot of potential for close results. Sydney, Queanbeyan, Ainslie, and Hawks all have a lot at stake.

Cheers

Easy slection this week although an upset will be Swans over Ainslie in Sydney. Demons willl be far to accomplished for Tuggers and same old same old with Maggies flogging Tigers.

Ainslie have 2 of their best wins this season over the past 2 weeks. Backs against the wall and they beat Eastlake, then comming up against QBN comming off a big win and got over the line out at QBN. Swans looks like fielding Paul Roos just to make up the numbers and have been hammered the last couple of weeks, and you are tipping the swans:eek: Can you run me through how you came to this conclusion? Or do you just dislike Ainslie?

Agree with your other tips, I would like to see tuggers push eastlake because I think if they pull it together they are a chance to play finals. Unless Armstrong kicks 10 and Kavanagh kicks 8 tigers are going to struggle against Belco - although on paper I'd say QBN have a better team.

Ainslie have 2 of their best wins this season over the past 2 weeks. Backs against the wall and they beat Eastlake, then comming up against QBN comming off a big win and got over the line out at QBN. Swans looks like fielding Paul Roos just to make up the numbers and have been hammered the last couple of weeks, and you are tipping the swans:eek: Can you run me through how you came to this conclusion? Or do you just dislike Ainslie?

Agree with your other tips, I would like to see tuggers push eastlake because I think if they pull it together they are a chance to play finals. Unless Armstrong kicks 10 and Kavanagh kicks 8 tigers are going to struggle against Belco - although on paper I'd say QBN have a better team.

Correct Electric Feel they are better on paper, but Armstrong has never got the best out of them. I would suggest that Belconnen only has about 3 players that I would suggest are better then their direct Queanbeyan opponents.

Ainger – Jacques (unless they play Irwin on him as Irwin is better then Ainger).
James Bennett – Mitch Daniher – Mitch is fine player but bot quite as good as James Ben (same deal with Irwin though)
S Mahar – might be better then the tall forward Longmore but doesn’t have age on his side (same deal with Irwin though if he played forward then Mahar would be in trouble).

Other then that though I reckon Queanbeyan are better across the park, on paper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ainslie, Belco & Eastlake all deserve to be favourites this week, but even favourites get beaten at the races each week....There is still hope out at Tigerland;)

Be realistic ABH. There is no hope for Qnbo tomorrow at Manuka. Belco have flogged them twice already this year and this time I pick em by 15 goals. Ainger will kick 7 on Irwin.

Correct Electric Feel they are better on paper, but Armstrong has never got the best out of them. I would suggest that Belconnen only has about 3 players that I would suggest are better then their direct Queanbeyan opponents.

Ainger – Jacques (unless they play Irwin on him as Irwin is better then Ainger).
James Bennett – Mitch Daniher – Mitch is fine player but bot quite as good as James Ben (same deal with Irwin though)
S Mahar – might be better then the tall forward Longmore but doesn’t have age on his side (same deal with Irwin though if he played forward then Mahar would be in trouble).

Other then that though I reckon Queanbeyan are better across the park, on paper.

Have you been on the grog with the Qnbo boys Codola. Are you saying they have 19 better players than Belco but for the second year in a row probably wont make the finals !! Hello !! Get real.

Far to good were Belco for a dissapointing Tiger side. In all honesty Belco can only improve as I dont think they were near their best today...Ominous signs for the rest.

Very impressed with Quee & Turball for the Magpies.

Far to many of Qbn better dozen or so not doing nearly enough to earn their keep ATM.

I for one can now acknowledge that I may have over estimated the ability of the current playing group because for 18 months now they have not delivered on a consistant basis and have continued to frustrate and dissapoint.

Congratulations and good luck this weekend to Tiger Legend Mark Armstrong who plays his 300th 1st Grade game.

A remarkable achievement to a champion on and off the field.

Lets hope the Tigers give him the performance he truely deserves.

Nice back up from other Tigers fans?

A typical quality response from you Wonky....

Armstrong has been a legend in Canberra for 17 years and a comment from your good self about his amazing achievement would not have been frowned upon, but no, not you, you have to have a dig at the Tigers folk.....

If it was Maher playing his 300th I would have found it quite easy to make mention of it as i made comment on Disco's 200th a few weeks back.

Says more about you as a person by not commenting on the achievement than if you had of.

Dwonky, remember that time i found you having a fit of some sought on Northbourne? When you started foaming at the mouth, i must admit i went into a slight panic. When your mate with the tight leather hot pants said "he's had a bad Eccie man" i knew you needed CPR. When i got down to start the process, all i could smell from your mouth was the stench of seamen. I had to leave the scene when a white discharge started leaking from your an#l passage.
My apolagies for leaving the scene whilst you you were in such disaray Dwonky.

Mark Armstrong, champion.

Hi KP,

I have a few concerns. The stench of "seamen" would refer to sailors. I assume this is from some hot sessions that you may have had with a room full of sailors, but that is your business. If you did in fact mean to say "semen" - I am again assuming that you are familiar with this smell as it is on your boyfriend's breath when he kisses you goodbye in the morning:D

The IQ of this thread would increase if you stopped posting on it!!

Oh, best wishes to M. Armstrong this weekend - well done on 300

Yep, congrats to Mark Armstrong on the 300 - only the 4th player to reach the milestone in AFL Canberra first grade history - what a legend!

Congrats also to Bec Goddard, who will become the first female to umpire an AFL Canberra first grade match tomorrow!! She's doing the Ainslie V Belco match at Manuka tomoz! Respect her authority gents, she's a good kid, she goes alright and she's worked bloody hard to get there!

Tips for the weekend - Swans to beat Tuggers, Belco to beat Ainslie and Eastlake to spoil the Armstrong show. BTW Foto-man, I'm sitting at 23 from 39 for the season (no points for draws) - I reckon you might have my measure.

Don't forget to join the other 3 people tuning in on 2CC (1206 AM) at 4:40pm this arv for my weekly Aussie Rules wrap!

Yeah, well done to Mark Armstrong on his 300th - thats a great effort,

Wonky, Shut The F--- Up - you are an embarrassment to the Magpies !

Think the Demons will spoil the Tigers Day tomorrow by about 8 goals. Tuggers will go down by heaps at the SCG. Belco will belt Ainslie by 7 goals to remain odds on favourites for another flag

Best of luck in your 300th tomorrow Merv, you've been a corner stone of the Tigers on field and off field leadership contingent for over a decade now and I've told you before that you are definitely good enough to continue for several years to come. While the hunger is still there, you have to feed it mate..:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Congrats mate, see you tomorrow.:D

Tuggers by 5 points
Magpies by 3 goals (they will cruise without too much trouble)
Tigers by 1 point after Armstrong kicks the winner from the pocket after the siren with a left foot check side and the crowd storms the field to chair him to change rooms and sing the song!!! That's right PJ... NO warm down!!!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back