AFL Canberra Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my BOLD prediction for this week will be that the Tigers will back up last weeks performance and sew up a finals spot. This will be done in front of a large DFP crowd which will include members of the 89 senior and reserve Grade Premiership sides as well as the 99 Senior Premiership side. Big day a DFP lets hope the 09 tigers can get the job done.

well my BOLD prediction for this week will be that the Tigers will back up last weeks performance and sew up a finals spot. This will be done in front of a large DFP crowd which will include members of the 89 senior and reserve Grade Premiership sides as well as the 99 Senior Premiership side. Big day a DFP lets hope the 09 tigers can get the job done.[/quote]

They wont ! Without their big ruckman plus others out, they have no chance against a strong Demons lineup. On all reports the Qnbo have lost Stephens (broken leg), and Irwin (head injury) from last weeks team and dont have their ruck Dickison or chb jacques. Kirkwood also out with broken foot. No chance qnbo even in front of former players !!

How much Maggies this week over tricolours. 10 goals my prediction. And the Swans in Sydney will fly back into top four with 12 goal win over Hawks. Is it true that Horn has been shown the door at Tuggers ?

But I have been wrong before ABH !!

Is it true that some of the Ainslie stars including their skipper were dropped due to "poor performance not warranting senior selection"

Since when is that a term for getting on the piss????

As for the Tigers, their fate is in their own hands which it wasn't a few days ago so that has to fire them up.

If they cant beat Eastlake again then they dont deserve a finals spot IMO!

Hey FIM,

From what I heard on Saturday, Horny has been shafted by the Hawks.
Another quality move from the battlers down South :mad::mad::mad:
After all the time he has put in, plus rumour has it that he went without pay last year to keep them afloat, and they treat him like this, why would anyone associate themselves with them.
It was funny listening to their 'supporters' on the weekend - they were more excited about their team sniping blokes rather than getting the footy :confused::confused::confused: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey FIM,

From what I heard on Saturday, Horny has been shafted by the Hawks.
Another quality move from the battlers down South :mad::mad::mad:
After all the time he has put in, plus rumour has it that he went without pay last year to keep them afloat, and they treat him like this, why would anyone associate themselves with them.
It was funny listening to their 'supporters' on the weekend - they were more excited about their team sniping blokes rather than getting the footy :confused::confused::confused: WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disapointing if this is correct. So much for the "family" club.

I predicted Hawks to scrape into the 4 earlier this year after beating the Swans at home, but they have been massive under-achievers this season. Senior players being dropped for discipline issues haven't helped their cause. What was the realistic expectations from the Hawks board for season 2009? Obviously this had something to do with the decision to part ways with the coach. What is going to happen to them when some of their older players with 100+ games retire (kickett etc).

On to other matters, my prediction this week is Eastlake over QBN by 4 goals, Ainslie in an upset over Belconnen by 2 goals and Swans by a street over the coachless Hawks at ANZ stadium.

Looking forward to 1st week of the finals. Eastlake v Belconnen will be a brilliant game. AFC v Swans will also be fairly even. In my mind I think Ainslie are the danger side of the comp still - they've beaten every team at some stage during the year and have plenty of players that could turn it on.

The Ainslie boys were allegedly dropped for "poor performance not warranting selection" so I wondered if it was there poor drinking performance that was not up to scratch hence them being dropped for being poor at it.....

Just wondered why they didn't come out and say they were dropped for poor discipline and not cover it up with obvious fluff!

Their not fooling anyone and please Electric Feel, your prediction of Ainslie being the danger club in the 4 has no merit from their latest results and while I appreciate your obvious loyalty and boldness you can't seriously think they are a threat to Belconnen if the Magpies are on their game.

The Ainslie boys were allegedly dropped for "poor performance not warranting selection" so I wondered if it was there poor drinking performance that was not up to scratch hence them being dropped for being poor at it.....

Just wondered why they didn't come out and say they were dropped for poor discipline and not cover it up with obvious fluff!

Their not fooling anyone and please Electric Feel, your prediction of Ainslie being the danger club in the 4 has no merit from their latest results and while I appreciate your obvious loyalty and boldness you can't seriously think they are a threat to Belconnen if the Magpies are on their game.[/quote]

Look at the teams on paper. If you were to match up AFC players v BMFC players then you would say Ainslie have them in most positions around the ground. Eventually that talent will shine through. They've beaten Belconnen and Eastlake in the wet, which creates finals pressure. So they've ticket the boxes across the season. Belconnen have peaked, and you are the one that spruiks how they choke around this time of the year. Whether it is this week or the finals, I predict AFC to give this comp a massive shake up. Maybe I'm not as informed as you, but that is my view.

Mate no cover up, stick to the tigers news.[/quote]

Hey, why would he do that ! He only sticks up for them when the are going good and deserve to be where they are - Interesting to see where he stands tomorrow this time.. If they make it well and good, If they lose they were never anny good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggies to now win by 12 goals against the Tricolours who apparently have more internal probelems.

Mate no cover up, stick to the tigers news.[/quote]

Hey, why would he do that ! He only sticks up for them when the are going good and deserve to be where they are - Interesting to see where he stands tomorrow this time.. If they make it well and good, If they lose they were never anny good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggies to now win by 12 goals against the Tricolours who apparently have more internal probelems.

Just call it as I see it.....

If they make it then that was expected IMO, if they dont then they under acieved IMO.

electric feel;15367426 Look at the teams on paper. If you were to match up AFC players v BMFC players then you would say Ainslie have them in most positions around the ground. Eventually that talent will shine through. They've beaten Belconnen and Eastlake in the wet said:
I have never spruiked that they are chokers this time of year....I did mention they lost an unlosable GF last season but that performance is quite rare.

I have played in 5 GF's against them and they won 3 of them so I would never suggest they are chokers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong !
For that to happen Tigers have to beat Demons next week. Thats not gonna happen Flicker. Otherwise Hawks have to beat Sydney in Sydney - thats not gonna happen Flicker !!

The final four will be Belco (obviously), Eastlake, Ainslie and Swans. The last two are pretenders with the Triclours having too many internal problems(again) to have any show and the Swans just wont want to show after a injury riddled year in both grades. Magpies to win comp with ease come Sept 5 as predicted nine months ago !!!

I have a gut feeling that it may also be a Belconnen/Ainslie GF....

well my BOLD prediction for this week will be that the Tigers will back up last weeks performance and sew up a finals spot. This will be done in front of a large DFP crowd which will include members of the 89 senior and reserve Grade Premiership sides as well as the 99 Senior Premiership side. Big day a DFP lets hope the 09 tigers can get the job done.[/quote]

They wont ! Without their big ruckman plus others out, they have no chance against a strong Demons lineup. On all reports the Qnbo have lost Stephens (broken leg), and Irwin (head injury) from last weeks team and dont have their ruck Dickison or chb jacques. Kirkwood also out with broken foot. No chance qnbo even in front of former players !!

How much Maggies this week over tricolours. 10 goals my prediction. And the Swans in Sydney will fly back into top four with 12 goal win over Hawks. Is it true that Horn has been shown the door at Tuggers ?

But I have been wrong before ABH !!

won't they another great call from you FIM

Speaking of great calls, who said that Sydney (past winners of the last 4 GF's) would not make the finals this year!

And FIM - U were wrong 2 weeks in a row!

No seriously did ur blokes have anyone missing yesterday?

Well done Ainslie on ur win but surely Belco, the best team by far didn't turn up to the races....??

Speaking of great calls, who said that Sydney (past winners of the last 4 GF's) would not make the finals this year!

And FIM - U were wrong 2 weeks in a row!

No seriously did ur blokes have anyone missing yesterday?

Well done Ainslie on ur win but surely Belco, the best team by far didn't turn up to the races....??

Hey abh hope last night was a good night disappointed i couldn't make it. Wife's family commitments here in Albury. Will definately be there next year.

It will be an interesting finals series. I wonder if the teams in the top 4 are happy that the Tigers have knocked the Swans out of the finals race!

I have a gut feeling that it may also be a Belconnen/Ainslie GF....

Not too sure about that FF; Belco should definitely be there and will be hard to beat from here on... I think Ainslie did them a favour and helped them to re-focus on the job at hand. They will beat Eastlake by about 5 goals this weekend!! Too hard to predict who will join them in the GF.. my heart says Tiges and despite injuries, if they continue to play as well in their next game(s) as they have in the last 2 weeks, they will be too strong for their opponents.
Ainslie may have their full side back together but how much damage has been caused by dropping so many first graders??? Will it affect their mentality going in to a crunch game with the Tigers? They haven't fared too well in finals recently and the same could be said for Eastlake - despite having probably the strongest list in the comp, they have struggled to make an impact at the business end of the season.
The Tigers may be under manned and lack the same level of finishing skills as the other 3 teams in the comp but they more than make up for any inadequacies with their hard as nails approach and genuine belief in each other and the Club.

Good Luck Tigers - can't be there this weekend but will be monitoring closely and baracking furiously!!!:D

Not too sure about that FF; Belco should definitely be there and will be hard to beat from here on... I think Ainslie did them a favour and helped them to re-focus on the job at hand. They will beat Eastlake by about 5 goals this weekend!! Too hard to predict who will join them in the GF.. my heart says Tiges and despite injuries, if they continue to play as well in their next game(s) as they have in the last 2 weeks, they will be too strong for their opponents.
Ainslie may have their full side back together but how much damage has been caused by dropping so many first graders??? Will it affect their mentality going in to a crunch game with the Tigers? They haven't fared too well in finals recently and the same could be said for Eastlake - despite having probably the strongest list in the comp, they have struggled to make an impact at the business end of the season.
The Tigers may be under manned and lack the same level of finishing skills as the other 3 teams in the comp but they more than make up for any inadequacies with their hard as nails approach and genuine belief in each other and the Club.

Good Luck Tigers - can't be there this weekend but will be monitoring closely and baracking furiously!!!:D

I think that question was answered at about 4.30 pm last Saturday afternoon.

Ainslie knocking over the tigers? I would never have picked that. Are the tri's good enough to beat Eastlake next week? Could be plenty of knuckle from what I hear!

Didn't see Saturdays game ITKM but from all reports Eastlake were let down by a slow start.

I was at yesterdays game and IMO both sides were ordinary with Ainslie marginally better than a poor Queanbeyan.

I cant see Ainslie playing that badly again but I did think to myself that Eastlake would have little to fear on that Ainslie performance yesterday.

Funnily enough I would quite enjoy a Ainslie V Belco GF as I think it would be a more physical clash with spot fires everywhere but I will talk about that if it actually occurs.

Tigers never got going against Tri's. Far to many turnovers and dumb decisions when going forward....God only knows why they continue to kick to 2,3 and at on stage 4 on 1 in the forward line...Dumb, dumb, dumb and f*ck knows who was on #4 from Ainslie, never had an opponent all day.

Plenty to do over the summer for Queanbeyan, they have plenty of good kids but they are 2-3 years away from being a consistant side.

well done to belco and ainslie. didnt see the games but from what im told belco should take this one out.

i guess the team of the year is to be announced soon? anyone know when and where?

here is my go at it.

B: L Bennett Rogers L Mcmahon
HB: Tutt Maher McCabe
C: Jeffery Bennett Jennings
HF: Inkster Ainger Bruce
FF: Healy Armstrong Hughes
FOL: Gibson Clarke Cleaver
INT: Porter Curtis Crook ________

cant think of a last perons on the bench. i worked out that i have probaby seen 16 games this year so all my selections are from my viewing and the 'bests' on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back