AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats right, plus the bloke couldnt coach a fish to water. When he left ainslie he went to Port melb, got the sack afetr one year then went to the southern league and got the sack there....mmmmmis there any common thread here?

Mate Ainslie are on the skids for sure, Muir (shrek 2) and his committee couldnt find their backside with their hands and a map. The players that left were treated so badly by the committee, they really had no choice. Pulford the club games new record holder would not have gone to Qbn if everything was alright. It was ridiculous how they treated Pulford, it is no wonder he was snapped up by the Tigers. Not only did the playes leave, but most if not all their long standing volunteers several who were life memebers walked out.

Until Ainslie change their management and committee the club will never be the same, and many of the club stalwarts will never return.

Have been away from Canberra for about 10 years ....so a long time ...but Ainslie was a super power when i did live there ..... does Bruce Glossop (past president) have anything to do any more with Ainslie ...if so he would not let this sort of thing happen.

In a way i like it ...Ainslie being down that is. :D

Powelly didn't play. He had a shoulder reco last year and is QBN still have him wrapped in cotton wool. Is half a chance to play this weekend

gee he is getting soft isnt he i think the swans have turned him, stop wrapping him in cotton wool and get him out on the ground and get him playing footy like he can.

Have been away from Canberra for about 10 years ....so a long time ...but Ainslie was a super power when i did live there ..... does Bruce Glossop (past president) have anything to do any more with Ainslie ...if so he would not let this sort of thing happen.

In a way i like it ...Ainslie being down that is. :D

Brucy Glossip still attends games but is not on the administration
icon12.gif

hi - i know that the tigers are playing Cambeltown this weekend, does anyone know if any other canberra clubs are playing trial matches. who is the tip for the flag this year? i'm on eastlake

I've seen a few mentions of the Wagga debacle, Wagga fiasco, etc. in the thread but don't know anything about it being down in Victoria. Somebody fill me in?

well said:thumbsu: ainslie are paying for trying to buy premierships something they have done for at least the past 20 years. I know wads personally and you woulldn't find a more passionate ainslie man. (which is funny because his late father was the most passionate queanbeyan man around) however there seems to be a trend sneaking into other clubs as well look back over the past 5 or so years at queanbeyan not many juniors have come through to be regular senior players most are in the 2's or even at harman. Belconnen similar not near as bad and eastlake are the same. Don't know why people think the standard is no good admittidly most players are there for the money but you plonk this competition on the murray or in country victoria people would be raving about it. You wouldn't see a crowd of less than 1000 people at every game the standard is fine Canb erra people the most pretentios people in the country just don't support it.

That wasn't always the case though, I remember the good crowds we used to get back in the eighties. Sutherland/Tuggeranong was the team I followed, had the priviledge of seeing their only flag in '86.

Sadly I have lost interest over the last decade and a half or so.

I played for Tuggeranong as a junior on and off also back then.

I think you will find a lot of past fans have either moved interstate, or have found other interests in life now.

Watched Eastlake beat Albury in practice game by six goals on Sat and I was wondering how Eastlake is going to go this year.
Their coach, I don't know his name, but he looks a very, very good player and may have kicked 5 goals.

Ainslie have been going so bad with numbers they have been training with their under 16's and their womens sides!

they got a player from Yarrawonga, huge unit, and he is yet to complete a training session. Not bad for someone being paid over $40,000 for the season who cant even keep up with the girls.

Qbn and Eastlake will be the big improvers this year, other than the Sydney swans reserves, these two and Belconnen will fight it out.

Ainslie have been going so bad with numbers they have been training with their under 16's and their womens sides!

they got a player from Yarrawonga, huge unit, and he is yet to complete a training session. Not bad for someone being paid over $40,000 for the season who cant even keep up with the girls.

Qbn and Eastlake will be the big improvers this year, other than the Sydney swans reserves, these two and Belconnen will fight it out.

Hey Spewie - you are a brave man talking about a bloke who is over 200cm. Unless you have watched Ainslie train I think you are incorrect. They have recruited at least 15 new players - mostly young, with talent and still look the goods even with the departures over the summer.
Qbn played Cambelltown last Saturday and only just won - they will not be as good as some may think. The Demons won convincingly in Albury, but the sleepers are Magpies with quite a few TAC cup players from the RAMS and other areas joining the Club - again.
icon6.gif

I've seen a few mentions of the Wagga debacle, Wagga fiasco, etc. in the thread but don't know anything about it being down in Victoria. Somebody fill me in?

Wagga withdrew due to lack of success. They coundnt match the strong Canberra Clubs on the field or off it especially the footy clubs with licensed clubs such as Ainslie and Eastlake. They both have two strong money making premises with heaps of pokies. The disappointing thing about Wagga withdrawing was the lateness of the decision - poor effort which left the Canberra league in all sorts trying to make a draw etc :thumbsdown:

Hey Spewie - you are a brave man talking about a bloke who is over 200cm. Unless you have watched Ainslie train I think you are incorrect. They have recruited at least 15 new players - mostly young, with talent and still look the goods even with the departures over the summer.
Qbn played Cambelltown last Saturday and only just won - they will not be as good as some may think. The Demons won convincingly in Albury, but the sleepers are Magpies with quite a few TAC cup players from the RAMS and other areas joining the Club - again.
icon6.gif
Queanbeyan won by over 30 ponts which is not bad considering up to 10 senior players didn't play of which 5 would be easily in there top 7 or 8. Powell played his first game in over a year and showed he will be more than handy. Don't worry the Tigers will be back up where they belong. Don't know how Belconnen can be sleepers they are a perennial finalist now and will be again. The sleepers i'm lead to believe will be Tuggeranong. Did any other sides play or just Queanbeyan and Eastlake. That a big result for Eastlake Albury are considered a top 3 side in the O&M and they gave them a touch up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know where Eastlake have pulled all their players from? Reading the draw it looks like they will be fielding a side in both divisions of the Districts comp. As well as a Seniors, Reserves and 18's. And Womens. That's a pretty good effort.

If you look at their website of player profiles (not all on there), 9 are from Marist, 6 from queensland, 2 from coolamon. they recriut pretty well and have tied up marist college and want st eddies colege as well. Think they have a new licensed club in tuggeranong, so they will probably stitch Tuggers FC up in the near future as well.

icon6.gif

Mate they might have recruited 15 new players, but can they play? Word is that out of the lot of them there are only three or four that will actually be any good. Mate 200cm player the million dollar player? Well he has to get fitter, my prediction is that he will break down before the half way mark- word from the O&M is that he is not that tough anyway. The Ainslie Roos vs Queanbyan Tigers will be a rip roarer. You might be right about Belconnen, havnt heard much from them, they always seem to do some good recruiting without much fan fare. I did hear that their training camp was really greulling and well run, with the players bonding really well, so they should be fit. Dont write of the tiges, though, they have a heap of talent with a good range of height among the players

Mate they might have recruited 15 new players, but can they play? Word is that out of the lot of them there are only three or four that will actually be any good. Mate 200cm player the million dollar player? Well he has to get fitter, my prediction is that he will break down before the half way mark- word from the O&M is that he is not that tough anyway. The Ainslie Roos vs Queanbyan Tigers will be a rip roarer. You might be right about Belconnen, havnt heard much from them, they always seem to do some good recruiting without much fan fare. I did hear that their training camp was really greulling and well run, with the players bonding really well, so they should be fit. Dont write of the tiges, though, they have a heap of talent with a good range of height among the players

Ha Ha Ha Ha, was speaking with a mate that played with Frawley @ Dederang Mt Beauty in the Tallangatta League two years ago. Frawley couldn't crack it for a game in their senior side.

Ha Ha Ha Ha, was speaking with a mate that played with Frawley @ Dederang Mt Beauty in the Tallangatta League two years ago. Frawley couldn't crack it for a game in their senior side.

Pal, he cant be that bad. Played in Yarrawongas premiership team last year. How old is he ?

Pal, he cant be that bad. Played in Yarrawongas premiership team last year. How old is he ?

Interesting talk about the man mountain formerly from Yarrawonga, Dederang & Barnawartha, Josh Frawley. For what it's worth Frawley is in his late twenties. As lathargic and unco as he looks he was instrumental in Yarra winning the 2006 Ovens & Murray flag. Wouldn't be a club in country Victoria that wouldn't have him I think!

Interesting talk about the man mountain formerly from Yarrawonga, Dederang & Barnawartha, Josh Frawley. For what it's worth Frawley is in his late twenties. As lathargic and unco as he looks he was instrumental in Yarra winning the 2006 Ovens & Murray flag. Wouldn't be a club in country Victoria that wouldn't have him I think!

Frawley is pretty handy at getting his hand on it at ball ups or throw ins (he is six foot six), but Yarrawongas midfield last year was unbeatable, all the big guy had to do was put it to advantage and the midfield did the rest. I could count on 1 hand the marks around the ground he took all year. Your being overly nice in saying that Frawley was instrumental in Yarra winning the flag I & U.

Frawley is pretty handy at getting his hand on it at ball ups or throw ins (he is six foot six), but Yarrawongas midfield last year was unbeatable, all the big guy had to do was put it to advantage and the midfield did the rest. I could count on 1 hand the marks around the ground he took all year. Your being overly nice in saying that Frawley was instrumental in Yarra winning the flag I & U.
Your right i'm 5 foot nothing and i could have rucked to Yarras midfield, they were awesome. He'll get found out against the likes of Jaques. Are the Ilett boys still at belco handy players them two. How is big Bourkey fairing at Ainslie different sought of a bloke that one.

If you look at their website of player profiles (not all on there), 9 are from Marist, 6 from queensland, 2 from coolamon. they recriut pretty well and have tied up marist college and want st eddies colege as well. Think they have a new licensed club in tuggeranong, so they will probably stitch Tuggers FC up in the near future as well.

Tuggers haven't had a licenced club in the valley since the Erindale club closed in the eighties.

Won't make any difference in the short-term I would say.

Tuggers haven't had a licenced club in the valley since the Erindale club closed in the eighties.

Won't make any difference in the short-term I would say.

Maybe, maybe not - but they took over the Manuka Club, and after a few years struggled, then the highly successful district team of Kingston Wolves and then struggled, now they have Marist which is in Weston Creek zone , and have formed a junior club in Tuggers. Wonder what thier plan is ? :cool:

I played against Josh Frawley a few years ago when he was at Dederang. I don't know who your source is but they are incorrect. He was one of the first blokes picked in their senior side and at TDFL level was extreamly hard to match up on. Polled well for Yarrawonga in the O&M league B&F both years he was at Yarra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back