AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are so tough bad mouthing a bloody good bloke on a website, your all a bunch of f*ckwits, how bout you get a life and stop picking on people from behind a keyboard, weak pr*cks
since when has telling the truth been weak.Have the accusations been backed up.Big call especially if he has used this card a bit like renegging in euchre really.Good of you to get so fired up dawgs shame you didn't do the same when you were a quality junior softballer.

There seems to be a lot of dancing around the subject here and i'm not sure whether its true or not but a fairly reliable source informed me that LJ chopped up Gobbers missus and hence the sledge would've been a result of that.

There's never an excuse for racial vilification but will be interesting if that comes up in evidence at the tribunal!!

I don't think that has anything to do with what happens on a footy field... and certainly wouldn't be brought up by a football club in defence of an allegation like this.

I think there is no excuse for racial vilification, no matter the history.

However, without wanting to SPOIL the poor victim's claim, yesterday I heard a story about a party where he had a punch on with his mate who told him that he wasn't aboriginal and to stop pretending he was. Seems to pick and choose when he wants to be perceived that way.

I hate to SPOIL the SPOILER but get all the facts right if your going to bring up something like this.. - the story I tell about this incident is that it was a fight about who was the blackest..... LJ is very proud of being aboriginal and has never tried to hide it - even had an argument with a mate about it.

Anyway what has this incident got to do with the claims in the first place?? That fight was 2 mates who got too drunk, had a crack at each other and were drinking piss together down at Magpies literally hours later with no harm done.

I don't think that has anything to do with what happens on a footy field... and certainly wouldn't be brought up by a football club in defence of an allegation like this.

I hate to SPOIL the SPOILER but get all the facts right if your going to bring up something like this.. - the story I tell about this incident is that it was a fight about who was the blackest..... LJ is very proud of being aboriginal and has never tried to hide it - even had an argument with a mate about it.

Anyway what has this incident got to do with the claims in the first place?? That fight was 2 mates who got too drunk, had a crack at each other and were drinking piss together down at Magpies literally hours later with no harm done.

yeah, well said chaddles and dawgs. i think some blokes making comments based on hearsay should pull their heads in a bit, especially in this type of forum, and with this type of subject. LJ is a very proud man and equally proud of his heritage. Since when is racism a retaliation for anything on (or off for that matter) a footy field. I notice that some of the more intelligent people on this thread have not made ill informed comments.

yeah, well said chaddles and dawgs. i think some blokes making comments based on hearsay should pull their heads in a bit, especially in this type of forum, and with this type of subject. LJ is a very proud man and equally proud of his heritage. Since when is racism a retaliation for anything on (or off for that matter) a footy field. I notice that some of the more intelligent people on this thread have not made ill informed comments.
All right for you clowns to stick up for LJ but I happen to be a mate of the persecuted and don't believe he said it,so hows that,talk was all heresay and this all to do with saturday,I don't care what happened between him and his MATE,heresay has it that the two involved were once mates too.

Was on the sportingpulse website and nothing about racial vilifaction on their site.

And who is LJ and what club does he play for ? Sorry am not familiar with the ACTAFL

Guys, pinched this from the Riveriana site. Thought it might be something a bit easier to discuss.
I think Cowboy and Paul Angelis from Ainslie kicked >25 goals in games here during the 80s. Didn't get a mention.The late Ted Rickman,
a rover by the way, listed below, played for Eastlake. I think he kicked half of his goals over his head down at Tathra. He was a wild bugger on and off the field but could play.
Hate to be the fullback having 39 kicked on me.
What are the biggest hauls here?

Biggest Player Goals Haul In One Game

NSW

39 - NSW - Mick Smith - Killarney Vale (v Wyong) - Central Coast AFL - 1986
39 - NSW - E .Smeaton - Mangoplah (v Currawarna) - Wagga District FL - 1936
37 - NSW - Stan Rees - North Wagga (v Currawarna) - Wagga District FL - 1936
34 - NSW - Matt Smith - Cowra (v Orange) - Central West AFL - 2006
31 - NSW - Garry Block - Temora (v Sth Wagga) - Farrer FL -1985
31 - NSW - Gavin Graetz - Marrar (v Junee) - Farrer FL. - 1996ish
31 - NSW - Matt Smith - Cowra (v Orange) - Central West AFL - 2006
30 - NSW - Pat Murrell - Junee (v Rannock) - Central Riverina FL - 1964
30 - NSW – Ted Rickman - Tathra (v Cooma) – Sapphire Coast FL - 1989
28 - NSW - Bill Wood - South Sydney (v Sydney Naval) - Sydney FL - 1943
27 - NSW - L McNulty - Newtown (v South Sydney) - Sydney FL - 1957
27 - NSW - F Braun - Newtown (v Balmain) - Sydney FL. - 1955
27 - NSW - Matt Smith - Cowra (v Orange) - Central West AFL - 2006
26 - NSW - David Sullivan - Blighty (v Deniliquin Rovers) - Picola DFL - 1999
25 - NSW - Stan Rees - North Wagga (v Currawarna) - Wagga District FL - 1936
25 - NSW - Maurice Goolagong - Terrigal-Avoca (v Woy Woy) - Black Diamond AFL - 2001
24 – NSW – Peter Ruscuklic – East Sydney (v St George) – Sydney FL - 1981
24 - NSW - Trevor Sutton - Deniliquin (v Coleambally) - Murray FL - 1982
24 - NSW - Mick Smith - Killarney Vale (v ??????) - Central Coast AFL - 1986
23 - NSW - C."Snowy" Osborne (Albury) (v Corowa) - Ovens & Murray FL - 1928
22 - NSW - Geoff Grace - Howlong (v Rand) - Hume FL - 1954
22 – NSW – Peter Ruscuklic – East Sydney (v Liverpool) – Sydney FL - 1981
21 - NSW - Henry Liston - Culcairn (v Cookardinia) - Farrar FL - 1950s
21 - NSW - Trevor Sutton - East Wagga-Kooringal (v Ardlethan) - Riverina FL - 1986
21 - NSW - Mick Smith - Killarney Vale (v ????) - Central Coast AFL - 1986
21 - NSW - Stuart Way - Berrigan (v Wunghnu) - Picola DFL - 2005
20 - NSW - Doug Strang - Albury (v ??????) - Ovens & Murray FL - 1939
20 - NSW - Chris Stuhldreier - Lavington (v Wangaratta) - Ovens & Murray FL - 1997
20 - NSW - Geoff Grace - Howlong (v Lavington) - Chiltern DFL - 1951
20 - NSW - Johnathan Greenhaune - Coreen-Daysdale Utd (v Urana) - Coreen DFL - 2004
20 - NSW - Trevor Sutton - Deniliquin (v Tocumwal) - Murray FL - 1982
20 - NSW - Mick Smith - Killarney Vale (v ????) - Central Coast AFL - 1986

Just trying to liven it up Dawgs - not saying LJs a bad bloke or whatever, but do the crime then live with the consequences.

Word from Harman Hogs is that Ned Sibly ran a 15.2 beep at training on Wednesday night - can anyone confirm? Is he in the frame for CD's rep side this year do you know 3GM? The kid would be playing first grade if he was at Tuggies or so he's told me.

There seems to be a lot of dancing around the subject here and i'm not sure whether its true or not but a fairly reliable source informed me that LJ chopped up Gobbers missus and hence the sledge would've been a result of that.

There's never an excuse for racial vilification but will be interesting if that comes up in evidence at the tribunal!!

Bingo!
he did an Ebo!

Skin colour has never or will never be an issue with me towards another person but thickness of skin or lack of does

Word from Harman Hogs is that Ned Sibly ran a 15.2 beep at training on Wednesday night - can anyone confirm? Is he in the frame for CD's rep side this year do you know 3GM? The kid would be playing first grade if he was at Tuggies or so he's told me.

Don't know about the rep side. In years gone by they've struggled for numbers and pretty much anyone who turned up to training got a gig. That's how Chaddles got a trip to Nowra.

But this year with it being the Regional Carnival - i think it's 12 other regional comps from around NSW involved - there seems to be a bit more prestige to the thing and they might get some of the genuinely talented blokes putting up their hand to have a go at it. If the young bloke was in the mix he would have already been tapped on the shoulder though - the coach was going round training sessions the last couple of weeks asking blokes.

Don't know about the rep side. In years gone by they've struggled for numbers and pretty much anyone who turned up to training got a gig. That's how Chaddles got a trip to Nowra.

But this year with it being the Regional Carnival - i think it's 12 other regional comps from around NSW involved - there seems to be a bit more prestige to the thing and they might get some of the genuinely talented blokes putting up their hand to have a go at it. If the young bloke was in the mix he would have already been tapped on the shoulder though - the coach was going round training sessions the last couple of weeks asking blokes.

It's got me fudged why people don't want to play rep footy - especially when it's an away game! Good chance to get on the piss, get to know people from other clubs and basically play up hard! And you get free jumper, shorts and shirt.....

Love the idea of CD's playing against other leagues such as Central Wests, Farrer, Northern Riverina, South Coast, Sapphire Coast etc.... if Canberra wasn't such a shit hole and I could stand living there, I would definitely put my hand up for it, and hope for a sympathy selection again 3GM - like you got when your misses decided to marry you :cool:

All right for you clowns to stick up for LJ but I happen to be a mate of the persecuted and don't believe he said it,so hows that,talk was all heresay and this all to do with saturday,I don't care what happened between him and his MATE,heresay has it that the two involved were once mates too.

most of the blokes at magpies are still mates with gobbas, despite the fact he owes 2 BMFC plyers approx $40K from a night club, has he mentioned that to you?, plus his latest racial slur, he has lost alot of respect.

Guys, pinched this from the Riveriana site. Thought it might be something a bit easier to discuss.
I think Cowboy and Paul Angelis from Ainslie kicked >25 goals in games here during the 80s. Didn't get a mention.The late Ted Rickman,
a rover by the way, listed below, played for Eastlake. I think he kicked half of his goals over his head down at Tathra. He was a wild bugger on and off the field but could play.
Hate to be the fullback having 39 kicked on me.
What are the biggest hauls here?

Biggest Player Goals Haul In One Game

NSW

39 - NSW - Mick Smith - Killarney Vale (v Wyong) - Central Coast AFL - 1986
39 - NSW - E .Smeaton - Mangoplah (v Currawarna) - Wagga District FL - 1936
37 - NSW - Stan Rees - North Wagga (v Currawarna) - Wagga District FL - 1936
34 - NSW - Matt Smith - Cowra (v Orange) - Central West AFL - 2006
31 - NSW - Garry Block - Temora (v Sth Wagga) - Farrer FL -1985
31 - NSW - Gavin Graetz - Marrar (v Junee) - Farrer FL. - 1996ish
31 - NSW - Matt Smith - Cowra (v Orange) - Central West AFL - 2006
30 - NSW - Pat Murrell - Junee (v Rannock) - Central Riverina FL - 1964
30 - NSW – Ted Rickman - Tathra (v Cooma) – Sapphire Coast FL - 1989
28 - NSW - Bill Wood - South Sydney (v Sydney Naval) - Sydney FL - 1943
27 - NSW - L McNulty - Newtown (v South Sydney) - Sydney FL - 1957
27 - NSW - F Braun - Newtown (v Balmain) - Sydney FL. - 1955
27 - NSW - Matt Smith - Cowra (v Orange) - Central West AFL - 2006
26 - NSW - David Sullivan - Blighty (v Deniliquin Rovers) - Picola DFL - 1999
25 - NSW - Stan Rees - North Wagga (v Currawarna) - Wagga District FL - 1936
25 - NSW - Maurice Goolagong - Terrigal-Avoca (v Woy Woy) - Black Diamond AFL - 2001
24 – NSW – Peter Ruscuklic – East Sydney (v St George) – Sydney FL - 1981
24 - NSW - Trevor Sutton - Deniliquin (v Coleambally) - Murray FL - 1982
24 - NSW - Mick Smith - Killarney Vale (v ??????) - Central Coast AFL - 1986
23 - NSW - C."Snowy" Osborne (Albury) (v Corowa) - Ovens & Murray FL - 1928
22 - NSW - Geoff Grace - Howlong (v Rand) - Hume FL - 1954
22 – NSW – Peter Ruscuklic – East Sydney (v Liverpool) – Sydney FL - 1981
21 - NSW - Henry Liston - Culcairn (v Cookardinia) - Farrar FL - 1950s
21 - NSW - Trevor Sutton - East Wagga-Kooringal (v Ardlethan) - Riverina FL - 1986
21 - NSW - Mick Smith - Killarney Vale (v ????) - Central Coast AFL - 1986
21 - NSW - Stuart Way - Berrigan (v Wunghnu) - Picola DFL - 2005
20 - NSW - Doug Strang - Albury (v ??????) - Ovens & Murray FL - 1939
20 - NSW - Chris Stuhldreier - Lavington (v Wangaratta) - Ovens & Murray FL - 1997
20 - NSW - Geoff Grace - Howlong (v Lavington) - Chiltern DFL - 1951
20 - NSW - Johnathan Greenhaune - Coreen-Daysdale Utd (v Urana) - Coreen DFL - 2004
20 - NSW - Trevor Sutton - Deniliquin (v Tocumwal) - Murray FL - 1982
20 - NSW - Mick Smith - Killarney Vale (v ????) - Central Coast AFL - 1986

Can confirm that a big fat bloke from Harman (now with the Tigers) kicked 20 goals in a game against Cooma at Snowy Oval in 1992 - the big fella ended up with 115 for the season which I think was a record at the time (can't confirm that though). I swear the story gets better and better every time he tells it!:D
He's turned into a pretty handy coach too... even if he can't run more than 20m without breaking down.:eek:

It's got me fudged why people don't want to play rep footy - especially when it's an away game! Good chance to get on the piss, get to know people from other clubs and basically play up hard! And you get free jumper, shorts and shirt.....

Love the idea of CD's playing against other leagues such as Central Wests, Farrer, Northern Riverina, South Coast, Sapphire Coast etc.... if Canberra wasn't such a shit hole and I could stand living there, I would definitely put my hand up for it, and hope for a sympathy selection again 3GM - like you got when your misses decided to marry you :cool:

Hey Chaddles, thought it was you mate; I'm pretty sure I was captain of that team that went to Nowra for that Rep game - is that the one where Housley told every shit joke known to man (and even some that weren't) on that crap bus on the way there. If memory serves me right, he was pretty quiet on the way back though!!:D Can you remember who got picked up by the cops that night???:confused: All I remember is them dragging everyone out of their rooms in the middle of the night looking for someone tall - ruled me out straight away.:eek:

P.S. Luv your new Avatar mate:thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Chaddles, thought it was you mate; I'm pretty sure I was captain of that team that went to Nowra for that Rep game - is that the one where Housley told every shit joke known to man (and even some that weren't) on that crap bus on the way there. If memory serves me right, he was pretty quiet on the way back though!!:D Can you remember who got picked up by the cops that night???:confused: All I remember is them dragging everyone out of their rooms in the middle of the night looking for someone tall - ruled me out straight away.:eek:

Yep that was the trip - House had me in stitches... I can't really remember much of the trip on the way back, was pretty messed up. I remember hearing about the cops going to someone's room - Kris Collo, VC and myself were walking back to the motel and we missed all the action... aah good times :D:D

Bingo!
he did an Ebo!

Skin colour has never or will never be an issue with me towards another person but thickness of skin or lack of does

Nah not quite an Ebo... from what I understand.

Apparently Gobbers and his misses were split up for a month or so when LJ got with her... Thats about all I will share on here.

There is an unwritten law on this but I'm sticking with LJ - he gives great wristies :eek::thumbsu::D

Apparently Gobbers and his misses were split up for a month or so when LJ got with her... Thats about all I will share on here.

There is an unwritten law on this but I'm sticking with LJ - he gives great wristies :eek::thumbsu::D

There definately is an unwritten law amongst the majority.

I might be showing my age but WTF is a "wristie"??

That was a cracking trip. Collo and I almost got booted out of the motel for making too much noise. I remember Housley dropping a ____ on the back seat of the bus on the way home as well. There might have been a footy game in there somewhere as well ....

most of the blokes at magpies are still mates with gobbas, despite the fact he owes 2 BMFC plyers approx $40K from a night club, has he mentioned that to you?, plus his latest racial slur, he has lost alot of respect.

40K? Suprised that Bubba and TOK haven't sorted him out yet!

ABH, heard that Joe Sibly was going to play seniors last w/e but he pulled out cause he had a Foo Fighters concert to attend - do you know if Noel will be including that in his match report? Big lack of commitment over at Qbn? ;)

Yuu are familiar with that unwritten rule, arent you chaddles...

porkhead, interesting goal kickers list!!! according to the list Matt Smith from Cowra kicked 92 goals in 3 games against Orange in 2006 -check it out, 34 goals, 31 goals, 27 goals. F$%k me what an effort. I just checked it through a Cowra news thread - he kicked 210 goals for the season. Yes, Cowra won the flag!!!!

Yuu are familiar with that unwritten rule, arent you chaddles...

porkhead, interesting goal kickers list!!! according to the list Matt Smith from Cowra kicked 92 goals in 3 games against Orange in 2006 -check it out, 34 goals, 31 goals, 27 goals. F$%k me what an effort. I just checked it through a Cowra news thread - he kicked 210 goals for the season. Yes, Cowra won the flag!!!!

err umm.... check please!!!!

That was an Ebo.....

Thats a hand job, jacking some one off, pulling the pud, cranking the yank etc etc

Probably the sort of stuff you keep within the group of w***ers I would of thought??

40K? Suprised that Bubba and TOK haven't sorted him out yet!

ABH, heard that Joe Sibly was going to play seniors last w/e but he pulled out cause he had a Foo Fighters concert to attend - do you know if Noel will be including that in his match report? Big lack of commitment over at Qbn? ;)

Cant answer the first part re sibley as Im only there once during the week.

If true however, then Im sure all clubs have players who would rather have a kick in the ressies instead of train 3 nights per week and dedicate overtime to sport. Im sure not every player out your way is desperate to play ones. I know I definately didnt care for it from 06 - 07 but I still was 100% committed to ressies.

But those who want to play 1st grade are definately very committed and put in the time and effort required to be up for selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back