AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a cracking trip. Collo and I almost got booted out of the motel for making too much noise. I remember Housley dropping a ____ on the back seat of the bus on the way home as well. There might have been a footy game in there somewhere as well ....

If memory serves me well.... that was the last CDFL Rep trip that the League allowed the players to organise..:eek::eek: Apparently the players couldn't be trusted to stay out of trouble and on Housley's actions they could be onto something..:D
I can't remember if House even played? He was fairly young back then... in his late 40's I think :confused: was probably in the team more for morale than speed and agility!!

Tigers smashed the Tri hards by 62 points and probably would have been more if we didn't lose Powell, Wescombe, Carey and Dickinson to injury during the game - they will all enjoy the week off and re-cuperate to take on the Demons after the bye.
To Ainslie's credit they fought the game out to the end and nearly matched the Tigers in the last 1/4; they too had several injuries through out the match with Hughes being a telling injury having kicked 3 before going down with a rolled ankle in the 2nd.
I heard that Belco beat Eastlake by 22 points - 3GM did you catch the game? If so what was the quality like?
Terrytugboat, how are your blokes looking for the Swans game next week... any good?

I covered the first quarter and a bit of the Eastlake-Belconnen senior game, and while I am only a recent convert to Aussie Rules, I have to say that flooding makes for a dull day. I reckon at one stage there were 30 players inside the 50!

Oh, and I've just put up a few shots from the Eastlake-Belconnen reserves game (for you personal viewing pleasure of course).

www.flickr.com/photos/red3photography :thumbsu:

Cheers

I covered the first quarter and a bit of the Eastlake-Belconnen senior game, and while I am only a recent convert to Aussie Rules, I have to say that flooding makes for a dull day. I reckon at one stage there were 30 players inside the 50!

Oh, and I've just put up a few shots from the Eastlake-Belconnen reserves game (for you personal viewing pleasure of course).

Cheers

No need to guess which team was doing the flooding and who was loose across half back!!

Tigers smashed the Tri hards by 62 points and probably would have been more if we didn't lose Powell, Wescombe, Carey and Dickinson to injury during the game - they will all enjoy the week off and re-cuperate to take on the Demons after the bye.
To Ainslie's credit they fought the game out to the end and nearly matched the Tigers in the last 1/4; they too had several injuries through out the match with Hughes being a telling injury having kicked 3 before going down with a rolled ankle in the 2nd.
I heard that Belco beat Eastlake by 22 points - 3GM did you catch the game? If so what was the quality like?
Terrytugboat, how are your blokes looking for the Swans game next week... any good?

Ainslie looked a little bit like a ship without a rudder minus Bourke and Neely and when they lost Hughes all leadership qualities were totally vanished, mind you I counted 7 first graders out for Qbn plus the said mentioned injuries during the game. As I stated a couple of weeks ago to AFC1. Jury for me was still out on Ainslie, they failed the Belco test and failed the Qbn test. They have improved but are a long way from being serious contenders to break their finals duck since 1997!!

Ainslie looked a little bit like a ship without a rudder minus Bourke and Neely and when they lost Hughes all leadership qualities were totally vanished, mind you I counted 7 first graders out for Qbn plus the said mentioned injuries during the game. As I stated a couple of weeks ago to AFC1. Jury for me was still out on Ainslie, they failed the Belco test and failed the Qbn test. They have improved but are a long way from being serious contenders to break their finals duck since 1997!!

Has Bourke broken a fingernail again?- or has his dandruff just got out of hand?

I can't really recall who was playing where when the flood was on. I do however recall thinking "Bloody hell! This is like photographing sheep at the country sale yard!" Not too many Record-worthy or flickr-worthy photos come from such a scene.

FWIW, even as a newbie to the game (and rest assured it'll take a lot more than flooding to get me to go back to the rugby codes) I have to agree with some of the earlier comments about a fellow from Eastlake. When he cuts loose through the middle (is that a legitimate Aussie Rules description?) he's inspiring, and makes it look easy. Do it more often Clarkey! :)

Cheers

Not too sure Toodogs, haven't spoken to any of the boys this week regarding this game but I'm sure they'll give a good account of themselves. Interesting to see that Malceski will be back this week for the Swans although would expect him to only play a half or so. The big matchup will be who takes Nick Davis though. I'd probably go with Taka but might be worth giving the job to a young kid to try and give them a bit of a thrill.

Here is the season thus far as I see it.

Belco, Qbn and Swans will be fighting it out for the top 2 spots.

Belco are currently the form team in the comp. Have destroyed Qbn and Ainslie in the past fortnight. Had a slip up in round one but have put that behind them. Looking good at this stage of the season.

Qbn are hanging in there. Have been hit with an injured list longer than your arm causing some inconsistant performances. Good depth will help and many young players getting a taste of first grade footy already in the first 6 rounds. Will be very dangerous if they can get a full list together.

Swans have had a slow start but are just finding their feet. Also have had a long injury list but expect them to be fighting for top 2 when a near full list is available. Look difficult to beat in Sydney but vulnerable in Canberra thus far.

Eastlake and Ainslie will be fighting it out for the last finals position.

Eastlake have given a mixed bag thus far. Shock loss to Tuggers in round one. Beating the Swans. Getting flogged by Qbn and pushing Belco. Their form is hard to read as you never know what they might do on any given weekend. Im not a big fan of their game plan, but the brainstrust out thier seem to think it works. Time will tell. They do have pretty good depth if injuries occur.

Ainslie also have given a mixed bag. Great wins against Belco and Sydney but outclassed in the return leg v Belco and soundly beaten by Qbn. Have key players missing in Neely and Bourke and look to not have much leadership beyond those two. With the mentioned two, Hughes and Argall need support from others around them as their workloads are heavy. Very predictable going forward.

Tuggers will finish last and I dont mean that with any disrespect. They will scrap and fight most weeks but are punching out of their weight. May cause another upset or two before years end but if any injuries occur will struggle more than the others as the depth seems quite shallow. Will need to keep all of their best 25 fit and healthy all year to have any chance.

Interested to hear what others think of the season so far and if your opinions differ from the above.

Belco are currently the form team in the comp. Have destroyed Qbn and Ainslie in the past fortnight. Had a slip up in round one but have put that behind them. Looking good at this stage of the season.

Qbn are hanging in there. Have been hit with an injured list longer than your arm causing some inconsistant performances. Good depth will help and many young players getting a taste of first grade footy already in the first 6 rounds. Will be very dangerous if they can get a full list together.

Swans have had a slow start but are just finding their feet. Also have had a long injury list but expect them to be fighting for top 2 when a near full list is available. Look difficult to beat in Sydney but vulnerable in Canberra thus far.

Eastlake have given a mixed bag thus far. Shock loss to Tuggers in round one. Beating the Swans. Getting flogged by Qbn and pushing Belco. Their form is hard to read as you never know what they might do on any given weekend. Im not a big fan of their game plan, but the brainstrust out thier seem to think it works. Time will tell. They do have pretty good depth if injuries occur.

Ainslie also have given a mixed bag. Great wins against Belco and Sydney but outclassed in the return leg v Belco and soundly beaten by Qbn. Have key players missing in Neely and Bourke and look to not have much leadership beyond those two. With the mentioned two, Hughes and Argall need support from others around them as their workloads are heavy. Very predictable going forward.

Tuggers will finish last and I dont mean that with any disrespect. They will scrap and fight most weeks but are punching out of their weight. May cause another upset or two before years end but if any injuries occur will struggle more than the others as the depth seems quite shallow. Will need to keep all of their best 25 fit and healthy all year to have any chance.

Interested to hear what others think of the season so far and if your opinions differ from the above.

Don't think you are too far off the mark ABH. Expect Ainslie to improve on the last fortnight (hopefully) and win some games to keep pressure on teams above them.

Sad news out of QBN, Joel 'Prickle' Feuerherdt copped a knock against ainslie on the wknd and had to have a kidney removed on Sunday night. His playing career is obviously over. Great bloke Prickle, hope he recovers well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah mate... not too far off although I think the Swans form in Canberra will continue to be poor through out the season - they will win most of their games in Sydney where they have access to the stronger juniors. Apparently Eastlake have quite a few injuries as well - after the Tigers spank them next weekend they will have to change their game plan and I think they will beat the Swans into third place.
Belco are clearly the form team of the comp. at the moment; their 2nd half demolition of the Tigers was some of the best footy I have seen at this level. What's scary is that they still have a couple of handy players to come back into their side...:eek: The good news is... so do the Tigers ;)

Sad to hear about Prickles yesterday morning, like the injury to young Tim Cook it was fairly innocuous and I was shocked to hear he had his kidney removed. I hope he recovers well and remains interested in footy; he is a great asset to the team and the Club.

Yeah mate... not too far off although I think the Swans form in Canberra will continue to be poor through out the season - they will win most of their games in Sydney where they have access to the stronger juniors. Apparently Eastlake have quite a few injuries as well - after the Tigers spank them next weekend they will have to change their game plan and I think they will beat the Swans into third place.
Belco are clearly the form team of the comp. at the moment; their 2nd half demolition of the Tigers was some of the best footy I have seen at this level. What's scary is that they still have a couple of handy players to come back into their side...:eek: The good news is... so do the Tigers ;)

Sad to hear about Prickles yesterday morning, like the injury to young Tim Cook it was fairly innocuous and I was shocked to hear he had his kidney removed. I hope he recovers well and remains interested in footy; he is a great asset to the team and the Club.
ABH QBN were pretty good on Sun especially Williams.Ainslie after the first 10-15 had to play catch up and you guys just kept going.Good signs.As for the review think you are close expect swans to continue to struggle in canberra.Most teams seem to be sending kids as top ups.Thats what they ask for but lots of them not up to it,maybe they have more control over who they get for home games from the sydney comp.They seem to play a lot more games in canberra this year than ever before that will help the locals.Eastlake and Ainslie will fight out fourth spot in my veiw but if Swans drop a few more away games they may get to far behind and struggle to make up the ground needed.Agree on Tuggies will scrap all year but not enough depth.From an opposition point of veiw no-one like to hear about injuries like that to prickle.Sad day and out of nothing a little like the geelong player so there is hope he could play again,lets hope so.Give him all the best from I'm sure most opposition clubs.

Don't think you are too far off the mark ABH. Expect Ainslie to improve on the last fortnight (hopefully) and win some games to keep pressure on teams above them.

Sad news out of QBN, Joel 'Prickle' Feuerherdt copped a knock against ainslie on the wknd and had to have a kidney removed on Sunday night. His playing career is obviously over. Great bloke Prickle, hope he recovers well.
Have to agree with you ABH. Strange how we were all sure that this comp would be open to all six teams having a chance and a few games in it shapes that the top three spots will be Belco, Queanbeyan and I think the Swans will do enough to get there. Leaving Eastlake and Ainslie to fight for the last remaining spot. Tuggers on track and will struggle as the year gets longer. Next week for your guys against Eastlake will tell a story. If you as I suspect smash them, it will be 4 times in a row. Thought you guys started to resemble last years form on the weekend. Ainslie have improved and looked OK in patches

Gee this thread gets lame very quickly....have a go you pack of so called football experts...FFS write something....Start some conversation..... We need to keep this going consistantly....I cant keep coming up with new topics everytime we get a lull.

Where is Dee Train, has he crashed already or is his game plan to only attack on the counter.

What of all the Belco crew, your team is belting most sides, why aren't you full of yourselves like in the past or are you abit wary of your un doings from last year.

Ainslie, what the F*ck is with them, do only past players want to stand up for the trihards. Surely they all have enough cash in the match kitty to by computers and get on line.

Which leaves Tuggers, is TT the only one in nappy valley with a computer?? Possibly so!

Weak as p*ss :thumbsdown::mad:

Gee this thread gets lame very quickly....have a go you pack of so called football experts...FFS write something....Start some conversation..... We need to keep this going consistantly....I cant keep coming up with new topics everytime we get a lull.

Where is Dee Train, has he crashed already or is his game plan to only attack on the counter.

What of all the Belco crew, your team is belting most sides, why aren't you full of yourselves like in the past or are you abit wary of your un doings from last year.

Ainslie, what the F*ck is with them, do only past players want to stand up for the trihards. Surely they all have enough cash in the match kitty to by computers and get on line.

Which leaves Tuggers, is TT the only one in nappy valley with a computer?? Possibly so!

Ok ABH I'll have a dip. I am continually sticking up for the AFL canberra comp. standard and the Swans being in etc etc but continue to get pasted on the Swans board because, despite not being competitive now they reckon they should leave and go to the VFL.They rave on about our comp. being crap.
I say let them GO, but remember where their so called young stars in the firsts now have learnt their trade...in the crap AFL Canberra comp. Big enough to fight my own battles but I suggest you have a look at the Swans board to see how far up themselves some of these guys are.
See below, one of a few responses on their board.

Originally Posted by Porkhead
What Liz said in the previous post is spot and what the Swans coaching staff seem to think.
As I have said before go to the VFL, where by the way you will have restrictions on your listed players as well, and see how it works out flying backwards and forwards to Melbourne and the associated costs etc .
Also your young 18 year old rookies etc and their young bodies will be exposed to bigger and stronger bodies than AFL Canberra.
The Swans are fantastic for AFL Canberra but with new AFL sides on the horizen anything could happen to the shape of competitions in coming years.It would seem sensible to sit tight in a comp. that is now producing your future stars eg Barlow,Jack,Bird etc.

Welcome back porkhead,still unlisted i see.Must agree with Lakeside Legacy,as i've posted before, the standard is crap and i have watched several games in the last couple of years.
Maybe the AFL should be pushing for a super league in NSW taking in the whole state,including the ACT.That might improve the standard.
user_offline.gif

Mate Dee train ran out of steam when we bagged the seagull who coaches Eastlake.

Racehorse or course or whatever the f*&k you are, I think the Dee Train gave up on you after your sledge about him running up my arse. i think you would be better served concentrating on keeping out of ABH's arse, you are that far in we cant see you at all

If the tigers happen to go down to Eastlake this weekend, which they shouldnt, will you blokes be playing the "gee we have a bad injury list" whinge again?? Why dont you take a look at Ainslies injury list... you dont hear them complaining

There you go ABH, theres something for you to write about

Racehorse or course or whatever the f*&k you are, I think the Dee Train gave up on you after your sledge about him running up my arse. i think you would be better served concentrating on keeping out of ABH's arse, you are that far in we cant see you at all

If the tigers happen to go down to Eastlake this weekend, which they shouldnt, will you blokes be playing the "gee we have a bad injury list" whinge again?? Why dont you take a look at Ainslies injury list... you dont hear them complaining

There you go ABH, theres something for you to write about

Very insightfull " I take **** to much".

I would suggest the reason we dont hear Ainslie carry on is because we dont hear anything from them at all outside of AFC1.

Thanks for your input, that must have taken hours to come up with.

NEXT!!

You don't hear much coming out of Ainslie cause the players really couldn't give a f%$k about footy, they are too busy counting their cash to make sure they aren't short changed for having to play in possibly the shittiest winter weather in all of Australia (prob bar Tassie but thats overseas anyway...).

I'll have to come down to NSW's blind arse pimple (ie Canberra/Qbyn) during the bye, f#$k 3GM's wife and head out to Belco v Swans - I would go to Qybn except I've blown an uggie and I don't really want to put up with all those screaming filthy mouthed grannies with a hangover. Would be worth it to give ABH a heap of shit though :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Can't wait to get back to that shitty Canberra winter :thumbsu::rolleyes:

PS Come on United in Champions League Final next Wednesday

You don't hear much coming out of Ainslie cause the players really couldn't give a f%$k about footy, they are too busy counting their cash to make sure they aren't short changed for having to play in possibly the shittiest winter weather in all of Australia (prob bar Tassie but thats overseas anyway...).

I'll have to come down to NSW's blind arse pimple (ie Canberra/Qbyn) during the bye, f#$k 3GM's wife and head out to Belco v Swans - I would go to Qybn except I've blown an uggie and I don't really want to put up with all those screaming filthy mouthed grannies with a hangover. Would be worth it to give ABH a heap of shit though :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Can't wait to get back to that shitty Canberra winter :thumbsu::rolleyes:

PS Come on United in Champions League Final next Wednesday
How ill informed you are chaddles you idiot.Please don't come to this so called shithole on account of us.As for the Ainslie players,do you know any of them.Most of them are here for the right reasons money not being one of them.Why would players come from a comp like the VFL to play here for less money than what they would get there.They have had to work hard here and all have a day job as well as play footy.If they were on as much money as you say they could stay home all day and just get ready for footy.It just doesn't happen.Every club pays players can't we just agree on this and move on.You probably even got paid when you played for the Bungendore womans auxhillary club.As for the blind arse pimple better spot than being sh*t under someones shoes.

How ill informed you are chaddles you idiot.Please don't come to this so called shithole on account of us.As for the Ainslie players,do you know any of them.Most of them are here for the right reasons money not being one of them.Why would players come from a comp like the VFL to play here for less money than what they would get there.They have had to work hard here and all have a day job as well as play footy.If they were on as much money as you say they could stay home all day and just get ready for footy.It just doesn't happen.Every club pays players can't we just agree on this and move on.You probably even got paid when you played for the Bungendore womans auxhillary club.As for the blind arse pimple better spot than being sh*t under someones shoes.

Need a tissue princess.... god I love fishing :cool:

History speaks volumes, I was more having a go at the recent culture of the club, ie recruiting mercs, than having a go at individual players - Jamie Shanahan, great buy for the club :rolleyes: Presumptions can be a dangerous thing, especially for your potent mind.. I never suggested they didn't work, a lot of VFL players have to work too simply because there isn't as much cash as you think in the VFL. The fact is large cash offers get the players to Canberra - most don't move there for the beautiful winters and few very rarely hang around - especially when Vic clubs come a knockin.

As for the Bundgendore AuxHillary Clinton Club - well they ran out of money along time ago... just for your lethal brain, auxiliary is the word your looking for :eek:

By the way, Melbourne being shit under a shoe... have you ever left Canberra???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back