AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have got to be gagging itkm!!!! Nathan Clarke is a front runner & when his team is under pressure he is no where to be seen. Against the Tigers he tried to play loose in defence & get some cheap posessions but he got exposed and his team got smashed. He has tried the same tactic the last 3 times the Tigers played them and it has back fired everytime!:thumbsdown: I've watched him against Belco & he pulls the same crap!
If he really was the best player in the League he would play himself on the ball head to head with Mitch Daniher or James Bennett and give his team an opportunity to at least be competitive.

His football career is not yet over but if he continues to take the easy road in all the hard games - he'd be better off coaching from the box!!!
He is a very good plsyer but is a long way from best in the league!!

Eastlake by 4 goals
Belco by 10 goals'
Tigers by 5 goals

Eat 'em Alive

Couldn't have put it better Toodogs. Well summed up.

As captain/coach, he can play himself wherever he wants, and he is getting results, albiet inconsistant ones. But hey, all sides, including your tigers are inconsistant at the moment. Anyhow, I am sure he isnt trying to impress you, unlike a lot of your mates who p*ss in your pocket on this site.

Mates or not itktm (what is that for a name). If Nathan Clarke stepped up and led by example when the team needed him, he wouldnt be bagged. A bit high had a sensational career in this comp and is one of the only recruits that I know of that has been here, given great service to his club and remains involved when his career is finished.
I have watched Clarke plenty of times and he is a very ordinary example to his team. I know he is not 100%, but when you cross the white line you are fair game.

Well I think it is time to present some cold hard facts.

Nathan Clarke is playing his 5th year in this competition in which he has won 2 B&Fs, and been close to winning a Mulrooney. He has been in the ACT team of the year every year, made the Australian Country team and Captain coached the ACT team last year.

While doing all this he HAS been playing accross half forward and in the midfield for the first 4 years and more often than not tagged.

His decision to play himself accross halfback THIS year should be applauded given the performance of the the current midfield and team as whole this year(excluding vs. queanbeyan and round 1).

You guy need to put things in persective before getting on your high horse...

Got your back itktm ;)

Yours in football,

The Dee Train - All aboard Choo Choo!

Nathan Clarke is playing his 5th year in this competition in which he has won 2 B&Fs, and been close to winning a Mulrooney. He has been in the ACT team of the year every year, made the Australian Country team and Captain coached the ACT team last year.

While doing all this he HAS been playing accross half forward and in the midfield for the first 4 years and more often than not tagged.

His decision to play himself accross halfback THIS year should be applauded given the performance of the the current midfield and team as whole this year(excluding vs. queanbeyan and round 1).

Got your back itktm ;)

Yours in football,

The issue isnt where he decides to play. He can play forward, back or midfield. The issue is he goes missing when the opposition turn up the heat and his team needs direction and a thing called leadership. Does not matter whether he has coached rep teams or won Best and Fairest awards. Nobody disputes his ability as a player. Good players go up a level when the crunch comes and he doesnt and hasnt for the last two seasons and that is a fact. Dee train be careful covering itkm's back, if he puts on the brakes, you may just run up his arse.

Piss off you idiot, The Ainslie's etc were pinching juniors in the 80's and 90's also. I was using Creek as an example, I could care less about them otherwise.

The ACTAFL has been a poorly run comp since I first saw a game in 1981.

They look after the BIG teams first and always have.

I am not sure Sean Giddings can fix things down there, he wasn't playing for club in the early-mid 80's when I was there. I went to school with him unfortunately. Can't see how he will fix things.

Explain to me smartarse, how things are going to fixed?

Perhaps you should pull your fist out of your but & get along to support your team every now and then.. or better yet put your hand up for a committee position if you're so concerned about Giddo not making a difference. Keep whining about how bad the ACTAFL is; I'm sure that will help get the Hawks the sponsorship funding they desperately need you big sook... if you were a horse you would have been pout down by now.
It's easy to see why things are so bad at Tuggers; with supporters like you bagging your own clubs leadership on a public forum.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Got your back itktm ;)

Yours in football,

We must have gone and watched different matches last season if he has only decided to do the topic of conversation this year.

Thats bullshit - I was pissing myself laughing at Toodogs contributions, top shelf :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Suppose everyone will have to start talking about football again :(

Hey 3GM - looks like you guys were made to work hard for the win over the jets. Was that the case or more like keeping them at arms length for the match?

I never knew the fun police bothered coming into this part of the board. Oh well.

Wonder how Gobbers went at the Tribunal last night. Probably crossed a line if he said what he was reported for - shame, he's normally a pretty tough player but fair and you wouldn't expect that coming from him.

Tell us more 3GM, didnt hear anything of the incident, please fill us with the details

Hey 3GM - looks like you guys were made to work hard for the win over the jets. Was that the case or more like keeping them at arms length for the match?

3GM wouldn't know - he is a bludging jizz magnet who is playing Divi 4 cause he is a fat lazy bitch, and so he can get his name in the paper for goals.
3GM - Change your name to 4th Grade Maggy if your going to be a lazy ho and not have a crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had them on toast at half time then the Jets just lifted and pulled a 6 goal margin back to about a goal with 10 minutes to play. But Chaddles is right, I'm kicking around back in 4's this year - just an interested observer for the 3rd grade comp.

yes there was. from all reports i hear he deserved it

I heard that something was said to Luke that was heard by other players in the vicinity. Luke informed the umpires and it has gone from there. Not sure if Gobbers was reported there and then or whether the incident was just mentioned in the umpires match report. I believe the comment was about race. A shame really......

I put up a couple of reserves games (Round 4 Ainslie v Hawks, Round 5 Hawks v Demons) and a senior game (Round 4 Ainslie v Hawks) this morning (for your personal viewing pleasure, of course). I'm planning on being at Manuka and MDO this weekend.

Interested in getting prints? Drop me a line. I also do weddings! :thumbsu:

www.flickr.com/photos/red3photography

Cheers

I heard that something was said to Luke that was heard by other players in the vicinity. Luke informed the umpires and it has gone from there. Not sure if Gobbers was reported there and then or whether the incident was just mentioned in the umpires match report. I believe the comment was about race. A shame really......
I guess where not talking melbourne cup or bathurst type race are we.

Round 5 Hawks v Demons is now available for your viewing pleasure.

www.flickr.com/photos/red3photography :thumbsu:

Unfortunately it's not my best set. Unlike some of my peers and competition, I aim for 'sharp' and 'in focus' -- ooops, just gave away a trade secret. My current camera body (Pentax K10D) has just been sent back to the manufacturer in an attempt to address its inability to produce 'sharp' and 'in focus' as often as I think an allegedly semi-pro camera should. Feel free to donate to the 'Buy Andrew a Nikon D300 so that he may produce more and better photos of the local AFL' fund. ;)

Cheers

There seems to be a lot of dancing around the subject here and i'm not sure whether its true or not but a fairly reliable source informed me that LJ chopped up Gobbers missus and hence the sledge would've been a result of that.

There's never an excuse for racial vilification but will be interesting if that comes up in evidence at the tribunal!!

I think there is no excuse for racial vilification, no matter the history.

However, without wanting to SPOIL the poor victim's claim, yesterday I heard a story about a party where he had a punch on with his mate who told him that he wasn't aboriginal and to stop pretending he was. Seems to pick and choose when he wants to be perceived that way.

I think there is no excuse for racial vilification, no matter the history.

However, without wanting to SPOIL the poor victim's claim, yesterday I heard a story about a party where he had a punch on with his mate who told him that he wasn't aboriginal and to stop pretending he was. Seems to pick and choose when he wants to be perceived that way.
The guys whiter than michael jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back