AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hook...........Line.................Sinker.

Must suck having sisters better at sport than you.

It was actually exciting as a kid to come home from school to see my sisters friends all playing sport in tiny shorts and tight tops...but that's not leading anywhere that can be discussed on this forum...:thumbsu:

Judging by your avatar, I can only determine that you share your family's good looks and healthy skin tones:eek:... Must make for interesting first up conversation points in those "Happy" bars that you frequent! I can probably fit the word suck in there somewhere but don't wish to upset the moderator...:rolleyes:

OK I'll bite.... What's the Simpson joke you talk of plum gargler?
As for ABH having more talent in his little finger... Maybe in Aussie rules but I have lived in the ACT region all my life - as has the majority of my family and with one sister having won medals in World Championships and another sister having played several quality games in her chosen sport for this country I would successfully argue your childish statement. Whilst I didn't start playing the game until well in to my teen years (basketball as a kid) I still managed to play my fair share of ACTAFL games and did manage to play a game against ABH towards the end of my career. ABH had just arrived from Adelaide with the Rocket man, he was wearing tight stone wash jeans and wearing one of the best mullets I have ever seen - rumour has it that ABH was arrested in his first night at Qbn. Full credit to you ABH for being one of the so called "Paid Superstars" to come into this comp. from down south and not take the cash and run after one or two seasons!! That still does not take away from the fact that you retired two years too late and were kicking 4 foot high floaters as your staple kick..:eek:

As for you MT; I don't remember anyone ever saying the Magpies were crap; sure they choked a couple of times and their off field organisation has only recently got it's act together but they have had quality football sides for at least the last 6 - 7 years. But... other clubs have had better sides for longer periods with better off field organisations. I know Ainslie don't look it now but they were one of the most successful football clubs in any Regional Australia league both on and off the field. Talk to your old man about how good the contests between Ainslie and Qbn were in the early and mid 90's. You talk about back in the day... try looking back a bit further than just when the Magpies got their shite together dumb A$$!:thumbsdown:
Gee 007, I think Belconnen have had their off field act together more than just "recently" (unless your version of recently means 8-10 years). As for Ainslie being one of the stronger clubs mid 90's, well, its easy to recruit with an open cheque book isnt it? (or is it????)

Who would you rate as the best fullback you played on during that time ABH? you would've seen a few...

Couldn't single out any particular player but their were a few that I knew I had to be at the top of my game.

In no particular order these guys would have been the hardest because they hated losing and made you work for every kick. I may have forgoten a couple but these stand out in my mind.

Scott Gibson - Ainslie
Mick Carroll - Tuggers
Ken Merrideth - Belco
Stuart Lang - Wildcats

ABH had just arrived from Adelaide with the Rocket man, he was wearing tight stone wash jeans and wearing one of the best mullets I have ever seen - rumour has it that ABH was arrested in his first night at Qbn. Full credit to you ABH for being one of the so called "Paid Superstars" to come into this comp. from down south and not take the cash and run after one or two seasons!! That still does not take away from the fact that you retired two years too late and were kicking 4 foot high floaters as your staple kick..:eek:

I cant deny any of what you say D007. I did wear tight stone wash jeans....(me thinks you maybe friend not foe!!)

Best Mullet.....not sure I ever really had a mullet but anyway

Arrested first night....This is quite true, was fined and paid for out of my own pocket (ta for that Chook!!)

I wasnt on the sort of money some may think.....I was asked by a few Ainslie boys in 94 what I was getting because they assumed it was around $1000!! I WISH!! Gave me a good idea of what some of their boys were on a game.

Retired to late....Yep thats true to but I love footy and get great satisfaction at helping some of the future stars of the club be better players. Plus its hard to lose that competitive streak.

Kicking floaters.....Yep that did become more frequent as I got older. Its alot harder to get boot to ball when your 37 and you have no elastisity in the hamstrings and no give in the back. But I did hold a premiership cup in my last match to go with the other 4 in my career.

I cant deny any of what you say D007. I did wear tight stone wash jeans....(me thinks you maybe friend not foe!!)

Best Mullet.....not sure I ever really had a mullet but anyway

Arrested first night....This is quite true, was fined and paid for out of my own pocket (ta for that Chook!!)

I wasnt on the sort of money some may think.....I was asked by a few Ainslie boys in 94 what I was getting because they assumed it was around $1000!! I WISH!! Gave me a good idea of what some of their boys were on a game.

Retired to late....Yep thats true to but I love footy and get great satisfaction at helping some of the future stars of the club be better players. Plus its hard to lose that competitive streak.

Kicking floaters.....Yep that did become more frequent as I got older. Its alot harder to get boot to ball when your 37 and you have no elastisity in the hamstrings and no give in the back. But I did hold a premiership cup in my last match to go with the other 4 in my career.

Let's just say that we have mutual acquaintences..:D
I was lucky with retirement... double knee reconstruction meant my last two years were spent in rehab and not wandering whether or not I was good enough. Came back for pre-season one year and just knew that it was time to hang the boots up - I felt more comfortable watching pre-season than participating.... Especially after my missus sold the spa!:(

One for the Canberra District followers.

How are the Jets shaping up with numbers this year?

Who is coaching them?

Looking to pull the boots on again after 3 years away from the game and now living in the area.

JETS are looking pretty good number wise Kanga, we are getting between 20 - 30 blokes to our Tuesday & Thursday sessions (6:30pm at Amaroo Oval, end of Horsepark Drive if your keen :thumbsu:) and 10 - 15 to the optional weekend runs so good signs. Only definate departures from last year are a couple of retirements (some of these are already seeming to be short lived though):D and two blokes who have moved away.

Senior Coach is Craig Spencer. He has been with the Wildcats for the past few years, Ainslie before that and a Riverina (RFL) boy originally. Also played in the NT and Sydney while he lived there. Has already bought some good ideas, new structures and a new enthusiasm to the club to help us try to go for the 3 in a row in the 1's and take the extra few steps from last year in the 2's.

Love to see you down at the club Kanga - get there this week and you will be in time for a pre-season camp down the coast next weekend ;). Check out the clubs website (www.jetsafc.com.au) for more info.

JETS are looking pretty good number wise Kanga, we are getting between 20 - 30 blokes to our Tuesday & Thursday sessions (6:30pm at Amaroo Oval, end of Horsepark Drive if your keen :thumbsu:) and 10 - 15 to the optional weekend runs so good signs. Only definate departures from last year are a couple of retirements (some of these are already seeming to be short lived though):D and two blokes who have moved away.

Senior Coach is Craig Spencer. He has been with the Wildcats for the past few years, Ainslie before that and a Riverina (RFL) boy originally. Also played in the NT and Sydney while he lived there. Has already bought some good ideas, new structures and a new enthusiasm to the club to help us try to go for the 3 in a row in the 1's and take the extra few steps from last year in the 2's.

Love to see you down at the club Kanga - get there this week and you will be in time for a pre-season camp down the coast next weekend ;). Check out the clubs website (www.jetsafc.com.au) for more info.

Isn't Craig Spencer an Ardlethan boy? Very handy player and should do a great job at the Jets. Is Swampy McNeill training or is he staying at home laying on that big nest of his??

Good to see Spanner has moved on from the Wildcats - was a very handy back pocket in a not so strong team and despite putting on a couple of extra kegs every off season always managed to be right for season openers! :D Is he putting the boots on again or has his dicky knee resorted him to sideline coaching?:(

Good to see Spanner has moved on from the Wildcats - was a very handy back pocket in a not so strong team and despite putting on a couple of extra kegs every off season always managed to be right for season openers! :D Is he putting the boots on again or has his dicky knee resorted him to sideline coaching?:(

Spanner was lucky he played for the Wildcats,i can assure you he wouldn't have played 1st grade at any other club in Canberra.He always had a smart comment when a coach or fellow team mate addressed the player group .As a coach it will be interesting to see if SPANNER can handle the backchat from his own troops.

Isn't Craig Spencer an Ardlethan boy? Very handy player and should do a great job at the Jets. Is Swampy McNeill training or is he staying at home laying on that big nest of his??

Yep, Spanner is an ex-Star. McNeill is heading o/s this year (thought you might have known something about that Chaddles:p) so hasn't been training. We are still hoping he might pull on the boots for a game or two early in the year before he & Nat take off.

Putting the boots on again, needs to try to lose that massive arse of his that appears every off season!

Spanner was lucky he played for the Wildcats,i can assure you he wouldn't have played 1st grade at any other club in Canberra.He always had a smart comment when a coach or fellow team mate addressed the player group .As a coach it will be interesting to see if SPANNER can handle the backchat from his own troops.

Spanner is the first one to give it to himself, and has alsready handled some comments from the boys very well so no worries there. And as for him not getting a run anywhere else, didn't realise you were on the selection committee at every other AFL Canberra club youdogs:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for Ainslie being one of the stronger clubs mid 90's, well, its easy to recruit with an open cheque book isnt it? (or is it????)

Well given that they would regularly pick up clean sweeps in all the grades U19, reserves and firsts, you've got to think it went beyond just having an open cheque book.

heard on the grapevine today that the first thing the new footy manager at ainslie did when he got there, was get the players in a room together & blast them for their sh&*house performance last year. And then tell them that things better change this season or look out. Sounds like he hasn't had any trouble settling into his new role. can't imagine that the players enjoyed that too much, and have heard that their are a few interested in leaving (AGAIN!). Ainslie seem to be going round in circles.

Can any of you "Dicks From The North" please explain to me why your website seems to be attached the Sporting Pulse website?? Every other club in our league has one up and running independently except you guys. Im not sure if you have been on it but it aint user friendly and I gaffed it after getting to it......Poor effort keeping your millions of fans from all over the globe up to speed with the happenings at Canberra's premier club!!;) Ohh let me guess your getting it ready for the new year still!!

just wondering if a bloke by the name of james quansby played in this league and find out how he went

There was a James Quarmby who played for Cootamundra for the last 2 years in AFL Canberra District Div 2 which is more or less Division 4. I think he is from Bathurst. Handy player who practically single handly took Coota through to a Grand final 2 years ago. Wouldn't get a game in a 1st grade and probably 2nd grade side in Canberra. Hates a close tag

There was a James Quarmby who played for Cootamundra for the last 2 years in AFL Canberra District Div 2 which is more or less Division 4. I think he is from Bathurst. Handy player who practically single handly took Coota through to a Grand final 2 years ago. Wouldn't get a game in a 1st grade and probably 2nd grade side in Canberra. Hates a close tag

Could one of you Canberra District Clubs start a new thread for you blokes. This is a AFL Canberra site and I'm sick of hearing about you blokes at the moment. !!!! Boring, Boring, Boring. Who gives a rats ar-se about the crap thats being delivered at the moment. Then again at least its something to read.

Ok ABH, whats the go in Tigerland. Nothing suggests its going to be a good year you for you flogs across the border. Low numbers at training, blokes not committed, onball division decimated by injury and "not wanting to play" and yet you have a game against one of the best SANFL teams in 2 weeks. What a f-cking flogging thats going to be.

Oh yeah, Belco heading for another GF. Plenty of new players. GM is excellent with heaps of new ideas plus players and cant wait for our new stadium at Kippax which he is progressing with.

Will shit on those long awaited developments at Ainslie. We are it !!!! ABH !!! and will be for years to come. Qnbo are finished and will be flat out making the four.

Ok ABH, whats the go in Tigerland. Nothing suggests its going to be a good year you for you flogs across the border. Low numbers at training, blokes not committed, onball division decimated by injury and "not wanting to play" and yet you have a game against one of the best SANFL teams in 2 weeks. What a f-cking flogging thats going to be.

Oh yeah, Belco heading for another GF. Plenty of new players. GM is excellent with heaps of new ideas plus players and cant wait for our new stadium at Kippax which he is progressing with.

Will shit on those long awaited developments at Ainslie. We are it !!!! ABH !!! and will be for years to come. Qnbo are finished and will be flat out making the four.

So this is your new material?? Same shite with you, different day!! You say district talk is Boring, you should try reading your repetative dribble about how Qbn are crap, Ainslie are crap and Belco will win the Flag....Every time you get on its the same BS. You must enjoy your own company FIM. Your F*CKEN BORING!!!!!! Maybe you should create your own thread " The I Bat over Belco" thread and take some of the other W*nkers with you and leave the footy talk to the grown ups.

So this is your new material?? Same shite with you, different day!! You say district talk is Boring, you should try reading your repetative dribble about how Qbn are crap, Ainslie are crap and Belco will win the Flag....Every time you get on its the same BS. You must enjoy your own company FIM. Your F*CKEN BORING!!!!!! Maybe you should create your own thread " The I Bat over Belco" thread and take some of the other W*nkers with you and leave the footy talk to the grown ups.

Yeah stay with us you District blokes 'cause FIM should be playing there anyway and we would miss his dribble if he went off site.

Interesting that a bloke barks about a club with only 3 premierships in their history when the Ainslies, Eastlakes and Qbn have won heaps more and say practically nothing. My mail is that Eastlake and the Tigers are flying at preseason.

At least the Tigers had the balls to take on Nth.Adelaide. Understand a few others had the chance to join in as a composite side or on their own but were concerned about damaging their fingernails.

Get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning ABH. Why dont you say what you really mean !!!!! Mind you 7.00am is a bit early for a statement on bigfooty. Nothing else to do these days with the wife soon to delivery ABH Jnr ?

Could one of you Canberra District Clubs start a new thread for you blokes. This is a AFL Canberra site and I'm sick of hearing about you blokes at the moment. !!!! Boring, Boring, Boring. Who gives a rats ar-se about the crap thats being delivered at the moment. Then again at least its something to read.

BigFooty->Regional Footy->NSW&ACT->AFL Canberra->FIMs own forum

AFL Canberra clubs like yours FOOT IN MOUTH or is it 12" IN MOUTH have District sides so it's relevant to this tread.What's next, we wont be able to talk about ressies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back