AFL Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know absolutely nothing abh. your just trying to cause shit. none of that is remotely true at all.
i remember about 2 months ago when we were talking about teams of the decade and you hated gobbers, why all this new found love for him?

Never said I hated Gobbers....I stated that he looked like Tarzan and played like Jane!

Good to see you are back in form for 2008 you guys.

Hey ABH judging from the Summernats photos of the promotions chicks I know why you changed camps from CUB to JD. Heard you had a big night on the turps with the crew.FIM had the right mail or is that male?

Happy New Year Porkhead...Yes the JD Girls definately are better than any VB girls I have worked with....Please say hi to our mutual friend.....and Original thanks you for his new screen saver!!

Wow. Hawks are in real strife now. Ollie Kickett has 'resigned' as President. Better get some good news stories out quick smart or players are going to be walking left right and centre.

Lucky you live close to the club now 3GM - won't need to leave your car overnight....with Boori back....

Yarram? Not in the greatest comp going around, can this bloke play?

yeah he is a pretty solid midfielder who played rep footy for NSW in 2006 when he was there, good bloke as well. and will be handy to have boori back for sure!

Also, is there any word on the make up of the comps for this year? i.e. will Gunghalin grow some nuts and play in at least the reserve grade comp? This sounds less likely if the rumours regarding players moving back to Ainslie are true.

Not sure about your source regarding players returning to Ainslie but almost the entire 1st grade list has been training since before Christmas.

As for "growing some nuts" - this thread has spent considerable time discussing the state of the AFL Canberra comp and how some teams are struggling - throwing the JETS into the Premier Comp before they are financially and administratively ready would just add to that problem and probably ruin the club in the process. Recent history has proven time and again that a quick fix just doesn't work. Fortunately the JETS club have some brains and are developing with a focus on moving into the ressies comp in the next few years.

Some have said that Belconnen thirds had some "nuts" by moving to ressies last year but then, they were backed by licensed clubs and have two junior clubs to draw players from - with all that support perhaps they should look at staying up. Compared to the JETS they are in a much better position to do so.

Not sure about your source regarding players returning to Ainslie but almost the entire 1st grade list has been training since before Christmas.

As for "growing some nuts" - this thread has spent considerable time discussing the state of the AFL Canberra comp and how some teams are struggling - throwing the JETS into the Premier Comp before they are financially and administratively ready would just add to that problem and probably ruin the club in the process. Recent history has proven time and again that a quick fix just doesn't work. Fortunately the JETS club have some brains and are developing with a focus on moving into the ressies comp in the next few years.

Some have said that Belconnen thirds had some "nuts" by moving to ressies last year but then, they were backed by licensed clubs and have two junior clubs to draw players from - with all that support perhaps they should look at staying up. Compared to the JETS they are in a much better position to do so.

Agree. The JETS are doing it right and over time with the correct structure in place will be a force to be reckon within AFL Canberra. The League are assisting in a very positive manner and a have empowered some expertise from outside the JETS Club to guide them along the way. Full credit to the League and the Club for the initiative.

Well said nvrwas, you always have a way with words...though not too sure who the brains are at the JETS!

On the Tuggies front, there are some very dissapointed players for sure but we'll soilder on. Hopefully the club and AFL Canberra can come up with a long term plan that will help the club be competitive for 10+ years. Unfortunately this seems to happen all too often down in the Valley.

As far as i'm aware, a big reason for the current financial problems rests with the previous administration (pre-2006) and the fact the current administration has been trying to pay off old debt with new money.

Seems like a perfect opportunity for the Calwell Swans to come to the party to me - not sure how that would work with Eastlake etc though.

Get your facts right, its rumours like "the creek don't pay there players" they destroy clubs, never ever been a problem at the creek, now get your facts straight or F*** off. Clubs don't need the bad publicity.

i have just heard a guy called jason sutherland has signed for a canberra club, he played reserves footy at glenelg and is only 19 years of age. CHF - FF type of kid. Anybody know which team he has signed for?

On the Tuggies front, there are some very dissapointed players for sure but we'll soilder on. Hopefully the club and AFL Canberra can come up with a long term plan that will help the club be competitive for 10+ years. Unfortunately this seems to happen all too often down in the Valley.

As far as i'm aware, a big reason for the current financial problems rests with the previous administration (pre-2006) and the fact the current administration has been trying to pay off old debt with new money.

Seems like a perfect opportunity for the Calwell Swans to come to the party to me - not sure how that would work with Eastlake etc though.

Hey Tugger, you maybe able to confirm this but I got a source from down "Nappy Valley" who tells me that you guys are in debt around $100K and that Eastlake have offered $350K to assist in getting them out of debt (shifting a debt from one to another!) to combine the 2 clubs....I may not have all the facts 100% but is there any truth in any of this??

If so the league is in trouble with the comp losing a team, the possibility of the Swans leaving at any stage and the Creek, well you never what is going to hapen with those poor buggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Tugger, you maybe able to confirm this but I got a source from down "Nappy Valley" who tells me that you guys are in debt around $100K and that Eastlake have offered $350K to assist in getting them out of debt (shifting a debt from one to another!) to combine the 2 clubs....I may not have all the facts 100% but is there any truth in any of this??

If so the league is in trouble with the comp losing a team, the possibility of the Swans leaving at any stage and the Creek, well you never what is going to hapen with those poor buggers.

Eastlake would just be gagging to get their claws into the Valley. They've already got that Calwell club and the possibility of extending further in will be pretty high on their agenda I'd reckon. The junior base that comes out of Tuggeranong, if properly developed by a suitably cashed up senior club (development officers, talent identification, proper pathways from 14's through to seniors etc) would make them a scary proposition into the future.

One wonders - if the powers to be - had gone down the track this time last year and relegated the Creek and then later in the year if certain clubs had their way and rid the League of the Swans.

We would be left with four clubs if Tuggers join Eastlake.

I would think Eastlake may be offering a rescue package for Tuggers to operate from the Caldwell Club. This was knocked back at the commencement of 2007.

Can't confirm this ABH but wouldn't surprise me. As far as i'm aware, something with the Calwell Swans will be pursued but what exactly that involves i'm not sure.

If i hear anything else though then you'll be the first to know! I think that the solution that is being pursued is pretty long term, and that AFL Canberra would be loath to lose a club given that the Creek are in a pretty tenious situation also!

There is something being pursued with the Calwell club, however an amalgamation with Eastlake FC is certainly not on the cards. As I understand AFL Canberra is providing assistance with getting the club back on track. Bob Hughes has been put in charge for the next 12 months.

Wow. Hawks are in real strife now. Ollie Kickett has 'resigned' as President. Better get some good news stories out quick smart or players are going to be walking left right and centre.

Tuggers have never learnt. When you put monkeys in charge all they eat is the peanuts. They have the most lucrative zone in ACT, two jnr teams - yet they cannot pull it together. All the players over the years that have given the game away because of the juniors issues is a waste. Fingers in the till doesnt help.

Tuggers have never learnt. When you put monkeys in charge all they eat is the peanuts. They have the most lucrative zone in ACT, two jnr teams - yet they cannot pull it together. All the players over the years that have given the game away because of the juniors issues is a waste. Fingers in the till doesnt help.

'When you put monkeys in charge, all they eat is the peanuts?'

What do you mean by this Harbhajan?

- that the people in charge look like monkeys?
- that they are sick of eating peanuts?
- that if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys?

Why are they eating the peanuts?
What if they are allergic to peanuts? :D

'When you put monkeys in charge, all they eat is the peanuts?'

What do you mean by this Harbhajan?

- that the people in charge look like monkeys?
- that they are sick of eating peanuts?
- that if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys?

Why are they eating the peanuts?
What if they are allergic to peanuts? :D

I will say what people are probably thinking after reading this dribble and waisting their time -

Your an idiot!!

guys, simply put, if you dont have the right personel running the admistration of a club, you get what you deserve. A club just doesnt suddenly wind up over $100,000 in the red, it happens over a period of time. Good administrators and committees put strategies in place well before it becomes an irreversable problem. Looking at successful clubs in this competition they have one thing is common (other than having good players)- they have good adminsitrators. Another classic is AFC, where the issues stemmed from bad admistration- and again another issue of 'monkeys eating the peanuts'. Spending money they dont have, spending on resourses they dont need etc etc. So If i have offended anyobne- my apologies.

guys, simply put, if you dont have the right personel running the admistration of a club, you get what you deserve. A club just doesnt suddenly wind up over $100,000 in the red, it happens over a period of time. Good administrators and committees put strategies in place well before it becomes an irreversable problem. Looking at successful clubs in this competition they have one thing is common (other than having good players)- they have good adminsitrators. Another classic is AFC, where the issues stemmed from bad admistration- and again another issue of 'monkeys eating the peanuts'. Spending money they dont have, spending on resourses they dont need etc etc. So If i have offended anyobne- my apologies.

Successful clubs have pokie revenue you dumb a*se. Hard to make finals when your footy budget is $60,000....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back