Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
I hope we don't trade back and just pick up the best available. Tsatas, Humphreys or Clarke all look great.

Wardlaw would be perfect for us, however the reoccurring hamstring issues (3 already?) is a bit concerning. I don't think he will fall to us though with Norf pretty keen.
I’m hoping we only trade back a couple of picks. That’ll ensure a couple of those will be available, plus an extra F2!

Would you take him at 4(5) if he slips or go for someone else like Humphrey or even trade back?

I tend to think the lack of defensive running thing is an issue, but unless we draft Brett Kirk and Kane Lamberts reincarnated, one 18 year old draftee isn't going to fix our midfields defensive issues.
That's down to the senior players to change and if they do, whoever it is we draft will fall in line.
It’s got to start somewhere though and with our senior players seemingly unable or unwilling to change their non defensive ways maybe the draft is the route we’re forced to take

All in for Humphrey, on the proviso his endurance base isn’t miles off. Had a knee injury early in the year so impressive to have the output he has had this year. Shows upside for mine. Also love that he was Gippslands captain.
Man I wish we had back to back picks at this selection. Would love 2 of Wardlaw, Humphrey or Tsatas

We are going to get two first round talents this year by virtue of A Davey plus our other selection. Given this, I am inclined to look at strengthening next year's draft hand with our first pick. I think we should seriously look at St Kilda's pick 9 plus their 2023 first rounder for pick 4.

We are going to get two first round talents this year by virtue of A Davey plus our other selection. Given this, I am inclined to look at strengthening next year's draft hand with our first pick. I think we should seriously look at St Kilda's pick 9 plus their 2023 first rounder for pick 4.
Wouldn't mind 22 + F2 for 9 + a late pick for points if the Saints are keen. We end up with 3 quality young players.

Are St Kilda even offering this? Why would they trade out of next years 1st round to move up 5 spots this year in what is an even group?

Bombers supporter as a kid, comes from a good family, probably start in an outside role or on a flank but we see him as becoming that big bodied mid
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard Cal Twomey allude to us maybe wanting to get up from 22 ….. for the life of me I cant see how we do it unless we part with a future pick as well. Obviously everyone keeps banging on about next years crop so were probably reluctant??? Has anyone come up with anything feasible?

heard Cal Twomey allude to us maybe wanting to get up from 22 ….. for the life of me I cant see how we do it unless we part with a future pick as well. Obviously everyone keeps banging on about next years crop so were probably reluctant??? Has anyone come up with anything feasible?
Our 22 and our F2 is the only way possible

Our 22 and our F2 is the only way possible
agree - who do we deal with. Swans want to move up from 14 and 17 so it wont be them. Giants really the only option with 15 but cant see it happening given Dodoros and Mcartney's history. Our only bargaining chip is that we are likely bottom 6 next year

agree - who do we deal with. Swans want to move up from 14 and 17 so it wont be them. Giants really the only option with 15 but cant see it happening given Dodoros and Mcartney's history. Our only bargaining chip is that we are likely bottom 6 next year
Sydney are looking to move into next year's draft too. We can do it with them.

I reckon it will be a case of on draft night, say it gets to pick 15+ and there is a name on the board we like we offer 22 + 2nd until said player goes

I reckon it will be a case of on draft night, say it gets to pick 15+ and there is a name on the board we like we offer 22 + 2nd until said player goes

Yep. Three things could happen on draft night with 22.

1). We have a deal with a team because we have our eye on somebody and he slips to a pick in the 14-17 range we like and a team trades back for 22 and a sweetner.

2). We have a pre-planned trade with a team for 22 if Davey is bid on early which gives us future selections and a few points in this draft.

3). Davey is not bid on and we get to take somebody we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back