Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
i share an uncommon last name with an Italian comedian of working dog fame - i and my kids use the ci (ch) pronunciation, my old man uses a bastardised anglo ci (sil) option.. and hes born it Italy - i blame constant immigrant bullying - i dont think they could even eat olives and fat bread in the school yard
Yeah i get that.

My Dad (Andrea) was not going to last long with a bloody girls name. So he goes by Andrew now.

Nah, Humphrey would be better. Tsatsas seems soft
He’s not a physically domineering player like Humphrey, but I wouldn’t go as far as to call Tsatas soft.

His main problem in my eyes is that he doesn’t have the strength to play on the inside. Without a clear run through a stoppage most of his clearances are short hack kicks forward as he can’t fend off tacklers.

The more I think about the Polec comparison the more I like it. Very similar sets of strengths and weaknesses and I can see Tsatas’ career playing out the same depending on whether he can really build his core strength and implement defensive accountability.

What are peoples thoughts on Bailey Humphrey if Wardlaw is off the board? I really hope we take him with our top pick.

I’ve got a mate who grew up in Horsham. His surname is Tagliabue. I know you know how to pronounce it.

He pronounced it - TAG-LEEA-BYOO

I cried in pasta sauce

I'll confess that while I know the pronunciation to Taglia (its Talia as in the former defender brothers who played for Crows and Dogs) and while 'b' is obvious enough I could never work out the 'ue' at the end.

What are peoples thoughts on Bailey Humphrey if Wardlaw is off the board? I really hope we take him with our top pick.

Ticks a lot of boxes, just suspect on his kicking. He’s openly admitted it needs improving, not sure if it’s more his set shot or field kicking included? I’d be keen to know from the more avid draft watches what percentage they see him playing midfield vs forward?

Ticks a lot of boxes, just suspect on his kicking. He’s openly admitted it needs improving, not sure if it’s more his set shot or field kicking included? I’d be keen to know from the more avid draft watches what percentage they see him playing midfield vs forward?
Goal kicking is the issue from what I understand.

What are some hesitations regarding Tsatas? He has absolutely carved up a few games this year and last year and probably wasn't even 100% fit given his ankle injury. Aside from Ashcroft noone else has come close to racking up as much of the pill. Is his impact on a game questionable in comparison to a Clark/Humphrey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are some hesitations regarding Tsatas? He has absolutely carved up a few games this year and last year and probably wasn't even 100% fit given his ankle injury. Aside from Ashcroft noone else has come close to racking up as much of the pill. Is his impact on a game questionable in comparison to a Clark/Humphrey?
Based only on what I’ve read from other draft watchers: he has very limited defensive effort. Also read there’s some question marks over his coachability. He kind of sounds like Jared Polec.

He was named vic captain of Oakeligh, wouldn’t think coachability is an issue
What's your opinion of his defensive efforts?

I must admit my knowledge is limited to youtube highlights, but my main concern is our entire midfield is full of one way footballers with no defensive pressure. I know that because he's tall people will automatically equate him with being the second coming of Cripps or Bont, but I don't see it, I see an outside footballer who doesn't seem too keen on getting his hands dirty at all.

Also, who would you pick if Cadman, Ashcroft, Sheezel and Wardlaw are all off the board by the time it gets to our pick?

What's your opinion of his defensive efforts?

I must admit my knowledge is limited to youtube highlights, but my main concern is our entire midfield is full of one way footballers with no defensive pressure. I know that because he's tall people will automatically equate him with being the second coming of Cripps or Bont, but I don't see it, I see an outside footballer who doesn't seem too keen on getting his hands dirty at all.

Also, who would you pick if Cadman, Ashcroft, Sheezel and Wardlaw are all off the board by the time it gets to our pick?
His defensive efforts are poor but he isn’t alone in young players. Defensive pressure should be a non-negotiable for every player imo especially after this years Grand Final. Geelong didn’t have a single player who wasn’t prepared to do it.

His defensive efforts are poor but he isn’t alone in young players. Defensive pressure should be a non-negotiable for every player imo especially after this years Grand Final. Geelong didn’t have a single player who wasn’t prepared to do it.
Appreciate the response

I don’t agree with the article, everything I’ve heard suggests his a good kid and actually not as bad a flight risk as most vic kids
I have no opinion haha.

On another note, Where do you have Humphrey in your rankings now?

I don’t agree with the article, everything I’ve heard suggests his a good kid and actually not as bad a flight risk as most vic kids
Would you take him at 4(5) if he slips or go for someone else like Humphrey or even trade back?

I tend to think the lack of defensive running thing is an issue, but unless we draft Brett Kirk and Kane Lamberts reincarnated, one 18 year old draftee isn't going to fix our midfields defensive issues.
That's down to the senior players to change and if they do, whoever it is we draft will fall in line.

I hope we don't trade back and just pick up the best available. Tsatas, Humphreys or Clarke all look great.

Wardlaw would be perfect for us, however the reoccurring hamstring issues (3 already?) is a bit concerning. I don't think he will fall to us though with Norf pretty keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back