Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Knightmare has done a 3 round mock and has us walking away with Tsatas, ADJ (at 16) and Munkara at 43.

Not gonna lie, that would be very underwhelming given we could rig it so we get those players and then an extra pick in the 20s if we were smarter, he has Cowan and Barnett going at 22 and 23 for example.

Knightmare is a potato though, so there's that.

Knightmare is a potato though, so there's that.

That’s not even almost the point.

Say it’s Humphrey, say it’s Tsatas. Both great fits IMO, that’s fine and obvious and not really relevant.

The point is standing pat and allowing that to be the outcome is the worst possible allocation of resources given it seems likely Davey Jr will attract a bid within 22, there simply has to be something cooking on that because you are essentially stripping yourself of draft picks if you do nothing.

That’s not even almost the point.

Say it’s Humphrey, say it’s Tsatas. Both great fits IMO, that’s fine and obvious and not really relevant.

The point is standing pat and allowing that to be the outcome is the worst possible allocation of resources given it seems likely Davey Jr will attract a bid within 22, there simply has to be something cooking on that because you are essentially stripping yourself of draft picks if you do nothing.

Knightmare wouldn't have a clue what might happen on that front, no phantom draft will account for live-trades.

Mahoney has form for doing this kind of thing, so I think most of us assume there'll be some level of discussions / plans for 22 (and likely F2) to be moved depending upon where a Davey bid lands / who's available.

Knightmare wouldn't have a clue what might happen on that front, no phantom draft will account for live-trades.

Mahoney has form for doing this kind of thing, so I think most of us assume there'll be some level of discussions / plans for 22 (and likely F2) to be moved depending upon where a Davey bid lands / who's available.

Can you do a live trade after a bid has come in for a player?

And that’s fine, which is why I’m not really fussed who he has identified going where.

The point is Tsatas, ADJ and Munkara as a net output would be very, very underwhelming IMO.

Knightmare has done a 3 round mock and has us walking away with Tsatas, ADJ (at 16) and Munkara at 43.

Not gonna lie, that would be very underwhelming given we could rig it so we get those players and then an extra pick in the 20s if we were smarter, he has Cowan and Barnett going at 22 and 23 for example.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Jeez that would really sum up an average year wouldn't it?

Here's the link to his Phantom Draft - or at least I tried but the hyperlink wouldn't work - top story below

h

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Jeez that would really sum up an average year wouldn't it?

Here's the link to his Phantom Draft - or at least I tried but the hyperlink wouldn't work - top story below

h

I really like Tsatas and ADJ seems like the real deal and we’re not overhyping him just because he’s a fs, my thing is essentially why get 2 really good players in the door when you could very feasibly get 3. I’m not even that fussed on Munkara if I’m completely honest, he would be a happy bonus.

Is there any credible basis for thinking that we would just sit pat and burn the pick rather than trade it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't think so.

I would imagine we have a deal in place with a team for the pick in the instance a bid is made before it.
Yep, club like Adelaide could trade their F2 and 46 for 22.

Or Hawks with the WB F2 and pick 41 or 48.

Plenty of clubs will want the pick, we will have options if we have to move it.
I'd go with the team with the probable highest F2. But yes, let's see what happens

Far out. A low 20 pick in a super draft that’s a great deal for Crows. Dodoro asleep at the wheel…again.
That's one way of interpreting it. A wrong way, but a way.

I think our priority has been to move up, not out at the moment.
If that doesn't happen and we get close to draft night, we will have a contingency plan in place to make a similar deal if we want.

Call me a pessimist but I’m far from confident that will happen. Clubs may do their work now and then we get left without a dance partner on the night or we have to sell the farm to make the deal happen.

It should be
It shouldn't. In fact this deal could work in our favour. Adelaide will be more open to trading their own F2 for 22 now.

Right now we have one of the most valuable commodities in the draft. If a bid comes in, there will be teams who have an eye on it. St. Kilda, Carlton, Gold Coast, Hawthorne, Bulldogs and Adelaide all have picks that would fit our needs, and all could come to us with an attractive offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back