Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:

is Phillipou this years big riser?

When was the last time we had took a big draft riser type?
Humphrey too.

Oliver was a huge riser at the end of 2015

Eddie to the Dons?

screenshot_20221110-200152-png.1551872
Eddie would be up there in the top 5 small forwards in the last 30+ years imo.
He'd be a great coach to bring in for our smalls. As much as I got sick of it, it was always entertaining watching him carve us up.

St Kilda is not a bottom 8 side next year.
I think they're just around there
9th-11th.
That said, someone could drop off, but it's a fairly strong top 8 from 2022, plus I think Carlton get better and I feel the Suns are building.

Question will be do the Suns think they can load up for a tilt at King or not? In which case they'd want to keep the 2023 pick intact.

I knew that you didn’t have to use them, but thought you had to have a list spot to have them.

I feel like I have to relearn the draft/list/rookie spot/ points trading rules every year. It never sticks in my head.
I may be off here, but I think you have to have the list spots for the number of picks you use.

So if Brisbane use, say, 6 picks to match Ashcroft & Fletcher bids, they need 6 spots available.

I think he took more than tiny steps. The only real down side in his game was his marking when forward. The fact that he was getting to as many contests as he did showed he had a good read of the game. Still has plenty of steps to go but I would have said good progress .
He made a small amount of progress in the last couple of games. For a majority of the season he was not vfl standard and if he wasn’t an afl player he would’ve been going back to local level. If the club had saw great development this year he would’ve been locked up with another contract weeks ago..

** and he’s been delisted

Last edited:
Bont without the elite clearance ability. Not that I am big on comparisons. Could also say a Jake Stringer with a bigger tank. I am not saying he is those guys but he is that style of player.

People often get confused with comparing the style of player with the quality of player, but it's helpful to have a sense of what kind of style of player someone is.

I knew that you didn’t have to use them, but thought you had to have a list spot to have them.

I may be off here, but I think you have to have the list spots for the number of picks you use.

So if Brisbane use, say, 6 picks to match Ashcroft & Fletcher bids, they need 6 spots available.

I think that was changed when the list sizes were adjusted during covid, not sure if it's been returned to a requirement again.

I think he took more than tiny steps. The only real down side in his game was his marking when forward. The fact that he was getting to as many contests as he did showed he had a good read of the game. Still has plenty of steps to go but I would have said good progress .
Reckon he ends up another defender option (may turn out to be a good one too).

Between Cox, Eyre, Zerk & Reid we should ideally be able to fill the FB & CHB spots....and could well have a spine there (Zerk - Eyre - Bryan - Cox - Reid....all super young and developing)

With the exception of Keeler, who brings a bit of freakishness that group doesn't possess, I would think we're not looking at talls for a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it looks like the club are keen on using 5 picks in the draft then.

Will be interesting to see if we keep 22 or try to move it (up or back).
wondering if our intel is 4 & 22 will be taken before an Alwyn bid, and Jayden and Munkara will also be available to us via matching.
or we're trading 22 up and have other plans for Munkara if a bid comes in inside 40.

Wardlaw/Tsatas + George before Davey x2 + Munkara would be tidy.

wondering if our intel is 4 & 22 will be taken before an Alwyn bid, and Jayden and Munkara will also be available to us via matching.
or we're trading 22 up and have other plans for Munkara if a bid comes in inside 40.

Wardlaw/Tsatas + George before Davey x2 + Munkara would be tidy.
If we want George, I imagine we will need to move up. GWS are apparently keen and have a tonne of picks in his range.

If we want George, I imagine we will need to move up. GWS are apparently keen and have a tonne of picks in his range.
yeah, I can't imagine George gets to 22.
Though I've seen a lot of linking of Konstanty to GWS too.

or they take both and can lay claim to George Konstanty
george costanza comedy GIF

yeah, I can't imagine George gets to 22.
Though I've seen a lot of linking of Konstanty to GWS too.

or they take both and can lay claim to George Konstanty
george costanza comedy GIF
Given it is GWS, I think they are safe from having a trophy towed around the parking lot when they want to quit.

Same source that says Phillipou at 5, also indicates Barnett is the one Essendon wants with pick 22. (Another SA kid) However, they may have to trade up a few spots to get him which could prove tough. Fremantle interested in pick 22 if a WA kid they like is available. Would offer Norths future second compensation pick. Alwyn Davey will be bid on at about pick 30. Jayden Davey should make it through to rookie draft, just hoping Geelong don't play funny buggers which Essendon don't think they will. Essendon strongly believe Munkara won't be bid on in top 40 however expect a club to bid on him outside 40 probably Richmond.

Same source that says Phillipou at 5, also indicates Barnett is the one Essendon wants with pick 22. (Another SA kid) However, they may have to trade up a few spots to get him which could prove tough. Fremantle interested in pick 22 if a WA kid they like is available. Would offer Norths future second compensation pick. Alwyn Davey will be bid on at about pick 30. Jayden Davey should make it through to rookie draft, just hoping Geelong don't play funny buggers which Essendon don't think they will. Essendon strongly believe Munkara won't be bid on in top 40 however expect a club to bid on him outside 40 probably Richmond.
I thought they committed to taking Jayden in the ND, if he doesn’t get big on he automatically goes on our list with our last selection.

I thought they committed to taking Jayden in the ND, if he doesn’t get big on he automatically goes on our list with our last selection.
Yep, badly worded. He will automatically go on main list (not rookie) with a pick that won't be used

Barnett is interesting.
Wonder if that's insurance against Bryan likely opting to leave next year.
Really question the strategy though. Draper is odds on our #1 ruck for the next 10 years. You can support him with Wright or other kids (Bryan even, if he can find a 2nd role as a fwd or def).

I like the sound of all of this apart from our interest in Barnett which doesnt make any sense to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back