Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Alixander Tauru or Sam Lalor for me.
Tauru is dynamic in the air and is a competitor.
Lalor is a two zone player who unlike most of our mids can actually play forward.
My guess is Lalor will be gone by our pick.
Tauru and Kako would automatically give us speed and athleticism which we lack.
The Flying Dutchman went alright so would the Flying Viking!
I like Tauru's physicality.

Taru seems like a Ridley replacement

Looks like he will be a good player and there’s a gap for that type of player in the VFL.

I’m lukewarm on the idea because it just seems like a waste due to obvious needs in the AFL side where a first year player could come in straight away.

But also because I’m not a big believer in investing in 3rd tall types. Easiest position to find players that can make an instant impact

Taru seems like a Ridley replacement

Looks like he will be a good player and there’s a gap for that type of player in the VFL.

I’m lukewarm on the idea because it just seems like a waste due to obvious needs in the AFL side where a first year player could come in straight away.

But also because I’m not a big believer in investing in 3rd tall types. Easiest position to find players that can make an instant impact

If we are taking him as a forward then potentially yes. But spending top 10 picks on defenders is a lesson we refuse to learn.

If we are taking him as a forward then potentially yes. But spending top 10 picks on defenders is a lesson we refuse to learn.
I’m not sure what this lesson is.

I’m less bothered by it if it’s a Key Position player or elite running user (although most of those guys play mid/wing as juniors)

It’s mostly 3rd talls, Wings and small inside mids that I don’t see as much value in at the top of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back