2. Geel (Home)
3. WB (Away)
4. Coll (Away)
5. NM (Home - Tas)
6. Ess (Away)
7. WCE (Away)
8. Rich (Away)
9. Carl (Away)

1 home game at the G and 1 at Aurora in the 1st 9 rounds. Pretty shit for our membership drive!

Simple.

Get a 16 game ticket, only $60 more than an 11 game job.

Re: Fixture 2010

Simple.

Get a 16 game ticket, only $60 more than an 11 game job.

Sorry, it's not that simple.
It's ok when it's one person but when you're on a budget and want a family season ticket it's a different story.

Having said that, I didn't take into account the 4 replacement games so hopefully 3 of those will be in the first 9 rounds :thumbsu:

A snippet from the AFL website of Hawthorns response to the 2010 fixture...

"We are thrilled to have secured these games at the MCG (12 in total), giving our increasing member base the best chance to see the Hawks in action.
"We have been able to work closely with the AFL to establish strong features in our draw, particularly increasing MCG based games against co-tenant clubs.
"We are pleased to be kicking off our Tasmanian campaign on Anzac Day and showcasing some great footy for our Tassie members and supporters.
"It will also be a blockbuster game in Round 16 when (Lance) Franklin and (Jarryd) Roughead go head-to-head with Brisbane’s (Jonathan) Brown and (Brendan) Fevola." - acting chief executive Terry Dillon

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/86520/default.aspx

we got a bloody awesome draw, im baffled by the AFL schedualing us to face Carlton at Terrordome again (2 sellouts there, and 70k vs them in past 3 meetings) but apart from that it is awesome.

If we didnt have the tassie deal, we would leave victoria 3 times for the year!

Re: Fixture 2010

I must say I am disappointed in our FTA allocation this year. We have 14 FTA, and 8 Foxtel..
Carlton & Collingwood have 19 FTA games.. It stinks! We won the GF last year and we didn't even get 19 FTA this year!! There is no doubt as to who the AFL look after.And btw the pies play 18 games at home.A fair draw huh??
I have Austar, but I am now thinking I will have it disconnected, the only programs I watch are on Fox Sports, I never watch the standard package at all. Also, rec'd a letter in the mail today from Austar advising me that it is going up in price again, both the Standard package & Fox Sports, which btw just went up two months ago FGS!!
With 7two up and running, we may also get to see more football replays, I don't know, but Austar can get stuffed, as far as I am concerned..it's not worth it any more..I just wish I could get the Sports channels, I would be more than happy to pay $20-$25 pm for it..As it is, it will cost me $58 just to watch the 8 Hawk footy games...
Ok I have had my whinge..Had to get it off my chest!!:rolleyes:

I see your point, it is a bastard for the average fan, it is a dream for the hawks though. it means more LIVE games on TV, which benifits the fans in rural areas (since 7 and 10 refuse to show a game live outside the main market)

Go to a pub if you dont wanna pay to watch it.
1. Melb (Away)
2. Geel (Home)
3. WB (Away)
4. Coll (Away)
5. NM (Home - Tas)
6. Ess (Away)
7. WCE (Away)
8. Rich (Away)
9. Carl (Away)

1 home game at the G and 1 at Aurora in the 1st 9 rounds. Pretty shit for our membership drive!

its actually good for our membership, 6 home games in melb, and 3 in tas, meaning those who jump on later get to see more games (which might persuade those on the fence to join up)

Are they bloody kidding me, i have a family with general membership and we only get 1 home game in the first 9 rounds. I know the club will announce replacement games, but i can only sit top level at both MCG and Etihad with our family membership unless i pay extra on the day. I cannot afford to upgrade as my finances are restricted, i am really disappointed.
The early rounds are important for membership drive and the weather is alot better especially if you have young kids. Can't believe it. I will be ringing the club , letting them know, i am not happy jack
This is an awesome draw!! Are you one of those people that complain about everything?? Someone who is never satisfied?? Lighten up.... the glass is half full dude!!!

Gee's Merv - thats a serious conflict of interest....wouldn't be much fun at a Christmas show etc and they all turn on you and the Hawks (hope you've got someone else who sides with you, when the discussion is getting fiery!) bit like ol Nev living with 2 Bombers.....have to watch your back going from room to room in case of a sniper attack:eek:

Scum supporting sister in law's husband is a hawk and his 3 sons and me and my two sons are hawks so we handle ourselves ok.
But yeah way too many of them around.

"It will also be a blockbuster game in Round 16 when (Lance) Franklin and (Jarryd) Roughead go head-to-head with Brisbane’s (Jonathan) Brown and (Brendan) Fevola at the expense of loyal fans in Queensland." - acting chief executive Terry Dillon

*** Edited for accuracy

Thanks AFL, screwed a second year in a row. Enjoy our game Tassie fans! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys and girls.

I've updated my fixture builder with the 2010 dates.

It builds CSV, iCal and PDF fixtures to import into Outlook/Thunderbird/Google Calendar/etc. Obviously the PDF is for printing!

You can customise your calendars, set reminders, categories, etc.

I have also built iCal (ics) calendars you can subscribe to, which will be updated with scores etc. once the season has started.

To create a customised calendar, go to: http://www.thismonkey.com/cgi-bin/football-fixture.pl?start=2010&end=2010&type=ha&code=afl

and to subscribe to 2010 calendars, go to: http://offsite.thismonkey.com/fixtures/afl/calendars/aus/2010/index.html

Please leave feedback if you like it, hate it, or think it needs improvement.

(You can find other football codes at http://www.thismonkey.com)

Thanks,
Go Pies,
Scott

Err...to be honest, im not too thrilled about playing Geelong and the Bulldogs twice! The Cats always somehow manage to get over us...and as for the Bulldogs, well, i dont think i need to remind anyone of the massacre that they dished out to us this year!

Then again, we avoid playing the Saints and Crows twice...

I would say geelong didn't get over us Sept 27 2008 and were lucky to beat us in 2009 - I don't fear playing them twice in 2010.

Footscray are a little bit of an unknown at this stage (2010) and the more times we play them prior to finals the better off we will be in working out what HALL brings. Yeah - they smashed us in 2009 but we demolished them in the 2008 finals. Our 'outs' of 2009 were a lot more difficult to manage than their 'ins' since then will be.

I am glad we don't have to travel to brissie to face the bears - although by the time we face them the 2 previous games will have left us quite tired. What a sh*t month we face between Rounds 14 - 17...

Now I know why Greg Cook told me that the draw looked good when I spoke to him last week.

Can't complain about any of that. Get Cats and Dogs twice, but Saints and Crows once. Thats fair enough. Pies I would like to play 22 times and break a league record, but we can't have everything can we.

North must be getting used to playing at Aurora against us, but thats the best fit for us, a low drawing Melbourne team, and three interstaters down there. I thought that Melbourne must have been close to playing us down there though.

As long as 2 of those early ones are replacements its all good.

This is an awesome draw!! Are you one of those people that complain about everything?? Someone who is never satisfied?? Lighten up.... the glass is half full dude!!!

I hardly complain at all, and as i stated in a previous post after my initial complaint we have a good draw.
What i was trying to communicate ,last season we had 3 home games in the early rounds, and if you went to the game early you could sit at the bottom level, both MCG and Etihad, closer to the action and players, good for my kids(5yr & 4yr) and other families, instead of being 100meters away, where kids become restless and fidgity, the club and people have told me to upgrade, but my finances are limited, i have already paid my membership but i will consider upgrading.

As for myself i don't care where i sit, i put the ear pieces on and watch the game listening to the radio. I don't care if we have 22 away games, i will always go and watch my Hawks. As i young lad living near princess park i would sneak into the ground and stand on milk cartons just to get a glimpse of the Hawkers play.

Also as the highest club membership in the league we should have had a couple of more home games early on. This is very important for our membership drive. Otherwise we have a good draw, only 3 interstate games, i don't mind if we play the top teams twice and i don't fear any team,
they FEAR us.

That was my grudge really, I looked at the Draw from a Family perspective.
:) :) :) :)

Tassie gets home games moved from Melbourne, not Brisbane.

I know that. I was referring to how normally teams alternate home and away games. As last year vs Brisbane was also in Tassie, I would of expected we'd get the game up here. Instead it appears the current fixture system is no better than a lottery.

I'm also slightly peeved that the club appears to be comfortable with ignoring the large supporter base in QLD. It looks as if this is one of the unmentioned drawbacks of the Tasmanian deal, as all the focus has been on the loss of MCG games. Sure it's a MCG game being taken away, but you have to wonder if the AFL are purposely scheduling extra games vs interstate teams at home, just so they can be "taken away" and moved to Tassie. In reality I think it's us they are taking it away from.

You might be wondering, wouldn't Brisbane cry foul by losing a home game? Not really, because I'm sure the system would compensate them with another home game against a team that has to travel to them twice in two years.

Guess I'll have to wait till Gold Coast come about, which coincidentally is the year after in 2011. With two teams up here, the AFL then can afford to throw us a bone with the choice of two teams. Much like the "luxury" they have in WA and SA.

But anyway, enough of my ramblings. :D This is just a result of my general disappointment in the draw for us QLD fans. Overall I'm happy with it, but this has just put a damper on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Draw 2010 (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back