AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

MrChristo said:
I've got a question for the gang....if there's any gang left here!! (And no, it's not for our Doggies League, x_box_x, so feel free to chime in if you desire ;) )....

One trade left...Lappin definately out, C.Cornes more than likely out.

Do have Sherman as an emergancy (also Fanning, Vogels, Perkins and Dale Morris...but Sherman clearly a better scorer than the rest)....anyway...

Lappin OUT -> Sinclair (been ordinary lately, and v. Swans could be bad), Welsh (been ordinary lately, but had great game last time v. Blues), Braun (Probably best option, but tight spaces down at Geelong...maybe wet too...scared!), or Jacobs (4 x 90+ in last 5...v. Richmond, inside dome).

or....

Cornes OUT -> Riewoldt (Should have a decent night v. Freo) or Lade (has been 80+ every time he is 1 of 2 ruckmen. Primus likely to be out for the year...and Brisbane no ruckmen??)

Or of course if therre are any options that people think might be better....

Thanks for the help, and thanks for the year guys, it's been great "listening" to what people are upto each week. :cool:

I am in a similar position in both of my leagues. I have Nigel Lappin in both leagues and will be trading him this week. I like Sinclair, but the only thing holding me back is the Sydney game this week (where it is very rare for a player to accumulate 25+ possessions against it). Instead, I am probably going to bring in Milburn. Have you already get Milburn or don't you rate him?

2 trades left, but i still have n.lappin, who should i trade him for this week? best replacements are edwards (even though comming off 14), Braun, Sinclair, M.Carr, M.Johnson, S.Burgoyne... most of the other top line backs i have, dont really need to consider freeing up cash, as i already have around 160 000 spare in teh kitty suggestions?

X_box_X said:
I am in a similar position in both of my leagues. I have Nigel Lappin in both leagues and will be trading him this week. I like Sinclair, but the only thing holding me back is the Sydney game this week (where it is very rare for a player to accumulate 25+ possessions against it). Instead, I am probably going to bring in Milburn. Have you already get Milburn or don't you rate him?

Already have him, x.

Backline consists of: Pavlich, M. Lappin, Milburn, Edwards, Hodge and Bob Murphy...

gothedons might have a good point tho...I forgot all about Matthew Carr. :cool:

i need to get rid of n lappin. i have him as a forward but i dont have enough to get cox! who should i get im thinking brent harvey or barry hall??? what do you's reckon???
Thanks

Warney23 said:
i need to get rid of n lappin. i have him as a forward but i dont have enough to get cox! who should i get im thinking brent harvey or barry hall??? what do you's reckon???
Thanks

Definitely Barry Hall. He will finish the season extremely well as he tries to win the Coleman Medal. He should perform well against the Kangaroos and Hawks in the run home. I would almost consider him as captain for the round 22 clash against Hawthorn. On the other hand, Brent Harvey won't score very well this round against Sydney - if u can, get him for the round 22 fixture against Carlton.

I really hate selecting players who play against either the Swans or Kangaroos. It is proven players perform below par against these two sides. The opposition's midfielders just don't rack up high numbers against their ultra defensive game styles.

In the Bulldogs league, I have $353,000 in the bank after I get rid of Nigel Lappin, and I can pick up Luke Hodge, but I am reluctant to do that because Hawthorn faces Sydney in the final round. Unless anyone thinks Hodge will pick up loose possessions in the backline? I can pick up Milburn instead, which leaves me with around $50,000 in the bank to cash in my final trade in the last round. Thoughts please.

X_box_X said:
Definitely Barry Hall. He will finish the season extremely well as he tries to win the Coleman Medal. He should perform well against the Kangaroos and Hawks in the run home. I would almost consider him as captain for the round 22 clash against Hawthorn. On the other hand, Brent Harvey won't score very well this round against Sydney - if u can, get him for the round 22 fixture against Carlton.

I really hate selecting players who play against either the Swans or Kangaroos. It is proven players perform below par against these two sides. The opposition's midfielders just don't rack up high numbers against their ultra defensive game styles.

In the Bulldogs league, I have $353,000 in the bank after I get rid of Nigel Lappin, and I can pick up Luke Hodge, but I am reluctant to do that because Hawthorn faces Sydney in the final round. Unless anyone thinks Hodge will pick up loose possessions in the backline? I can pick up Milburn instead, which leaves me with around $50,000 in the bank to cash in my final trade in the last round. Thoughts please.

thanks x box x yeah i reckon i will go with bazza cant really afford to think two weeks ahead its gonna be a tough game for me this week. ive got chad cornes and s black unlikely to play, wirrpunda and to a lesser extent francou out so i need a big gun now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrChristo said:
Backline consists of: Pavlich, M. Lappin, Milburn, Edwards, Hodge and Bob Murphy...
I have exactly the same backline :) with Welsh my 7th defender and Perkins my 8th.

Brown back in this week so my starting 22 is complete again. Good depth in my emergencies too with Sherman, Taylor, Fanning and Vogels to pick from so no excuses against an opponent who scored 1744 last week and 1600 the week before. Hodge captain. 1 trade left and 35K in the cap so something to look forward to next week should I get there.

Best of luck for the penultimate round !

MrChristo said:
Already have him, x.

gothedons might have a good point tho...I forgot all about Matthew Carr.

my backline is heaps better than yours

hodge
m.lappin

n.lappin
a.mcphee
ben.johnson
t.selwood
p.thomas
d.mconell
$25,000

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

been playing emergency game all year , which has finally come back 2 bite me in the @@@@

emergencys im playing are premium $300k midfielders but it doesnt help when
u play 2 short :mad:

X_box_X said:
I can pick up Luke Hodge, but I am reluctant to do that because Hawthorn faces Sydney in the final round. Unless anyone thinks Hodge will pick up loose possessions in the backline? I can pick up Milburn instead, which leaves me with around $50,000 in the bank to cash in my final trade in the last round. Thoughts please.

I've got the same choice and will go for Hodge. I've got a battle to win the prelim and Hodge should do well this week against Richmond. Next week might be Sydney, but he still scored 109 against North in round 16.

gothedons said:
out: n.lappin in: braun

The more I think about it (which could be a bad thing!),m I reckon I'll go for Matthew Carr.

Braun @ Geelong this week (in the wet?), and v. Adelaide next week, not sure how effective he will be.

Carr has been ordinary since his return, but you'd think he'd spend the whole game in the middle now with Bell out.

Good luck everyone.....except you, x, 'cause I reckon you'll have me covered next week! ;)

MrChristo said:
Good luck everyone.....except you, x, 'cause I reckon you'll have me covered next week! ;)

I ended up cashing in on Hodge. He averages 64 against Sydney, and I assume he will pick up a few loose possessions across half back. I will be happy with a return of 70 for him in round 22. Hodge should almost score 130 this week.

I have made Richardson my captain, who will take 15 marks, have 17 kicks, 5 handballs and 10 goals. I will take a score of 166, doubled to 332. :p

A wet cox may not go all that well so I used up my final 2 trades on Brad Johnson for N Lappin and Crawford for Cooney. If Goddard plays he is ********ing useless but is always good for 60-70 points and the way Cooney has been scoring lately I figure an extra premium midfielder is better than a defender such as Sinclair who carries a bit of risk. Figures crossed anyway.

Unwritten_Law said:
A wet cox may not go all that well so I used up my final 2 trades on Brad Johnson for N Lappin and Crawford for Cooney. If Goddard plays he is ********ing useless but is always good for 60-70 points and the way Cooney has been scoring lately I figure an extra premium midfielder is better than a defender such as Sinclair who carries a bit of risk. Figures crossed anyway.

Johnson for Lappin was a good trade. Not sure about the other one, though. I think Cooney will score better than Crawford will in the run home. Crawford faces the Swans in round 22.

Akermanis captain for me this week.

He always lifts in big games, especially at the Gabba.

Word is he's kicking well on both feet and seems to have overcome his recent injuries.

Unwritten_Law said:

A wet Cox!

Just picturing the big fella all lubed up! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Dream Team 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Back