AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Massie all of last year. Was pretty consistent getting scores of around 65-70. Not bad for a bottom liner, but I won't be getting him this year seeing as he will be more expensive than he was at the beginning of last year.

Pettifer won't score as well with a fit and firing Nathan Brown in the Richmond side.

Brennan is way too risky. He is inconsistent, and even when he plays a good game, his scores will never be super high.

I wouldn't even think about Roe or Saddington.

I can't see why everyone has jumped off the Jason Roe bangwagon, he was great last year and i'm pretty certain that he will back it up again this year.

Re: Dreamteam on afl.com

Just to clarify, the dream team comp on dreamteam.com.au is NOT the one that's gonna be on afl.com.au, is it? Because they seem completely different. Much more tacky and poorly done IMO.

One player I've put a fair bit of consideration into is James Hird. I know that he's had a pretty bad history of injuries, but i think he'll be a solid performer this year. It is, after all, his last year, and so i think he's less likely to be so cautious about his body. His average from last year is lower than it should be from some rounds where he got only a few points before getting injured. But he pretty much always got between 85-110, and he's pretty consistent.

He's also been looking pretty good in the preseason, including his game on the weekend of 29 touches.

I'd be interested to know what people think of him, and whether he's worth taking the risk for.

hird's one of modern day footy's best brains but he's a walking time bomb injury-wise. his heart is bigger than the knocks his body has and will continue to take. buy at your peril.

Anyone interested in being involved in another, slightly different fantasy comp, check out this thread.

It's for a site called The Bench. And you actually draft a team (like a real draft as opposed to 16 teams in one league all having Brendan Fevola on their list), and submit about 7 players every week to go against other teams (1 ruck, 2 forwards, 2 mids and 2 backs - from memory). I think you draft a squad of about 20 players in total.

Anyway, it looks like fun. We need to fill another 4 or 5 spots so if you're interested in a league that probably wont take a heap of your time week to week, PM me your email addy to me to get an invite into the BigFooty fantasy league we've created.

Committed coaches only please (i.e. dont sign up then disappear for 4 months).

nah i had a look at how some of the others were set out this one seems to be user friendly.
has anyone used the one on sportal that was terrible. this at least is a new site so ill check it out.

Why do people think it's going to open soon? Is it just based off last year, or has someone actually rung/emailed them?

Coz the pattern over the last few years is that it's been opening later every year, if I'm not mistaken.

So has anyone actually been told when it's opening directly from them or is it just a bunch of rumours?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people think it's going to open soon? Is it just based off last year, or has someone actually rung/emailed them?

Coz the pattern over the last few years is that it's been opening later every year, if I'm not mistaken.

So has anyone actually been told when it's opening directly from them or is it just a bunch of rumours?

Some lady from the afl site said it would be open by the 15th, so either today or thursday.

I spoke with Andrew Demetriou and he said that it will open on the 29th! That gives us one day to make a team. :p

Patience fellas. All of a sudden it will open, then the site will crash, then it will take another day to get on cos everyone will be on. Then it will crash again. Then the afl will say its their new site having problems, then we throw tomotoes at them and get annoyed.:mad:

Hurry up and open! F***!

Just to clarify, the dream team comp on dreamteam.com.au is NOT the one that's gonna be on afl.com.au, is it? Because they seem completely different. Much more tacky and poorly done IMO.

Again, I can confirm that the dreamteam.com.au comp IS NOT the one that's gonna be on afl.com.au.

I know someone who works for one of the companies involved in developing the new site/s.

Apparently there have been some delays due to prizes or something, but they're now saying definitely the 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back