u know what

this thread has 1400 pages and its only round 8

the 2005 thread had 500 pages and that was at the end of the season

using my calculations i predict that by the seasons end

1400/8 = 175 pages per round

175 X 22= 3850 which cant be right

3850 *11 posts per page

4250 posts

good to see where both posting very valuable information to add to that tally, hehe.

interesting tho.

sorry if this has been asked. But just on captains. Would u have j. brown - doesnt mind the dome, will have some pretty tough opposition with michael and fletcher.

Or, Reiwoildt against the hawks, coming off a trip to subi. Brown has done very well to quell some of the best fwds in the league, will he be able to do it again. volt tends to come up to the wings sometimes to get marks, thats fine by me as along as he gets 10+ marks.

Kerr will get tagged my godfrey who has done well.

Lewis always touches it, and most taggers go to crawf, hodge or mitchell. Saints without baker r downa tagger.

Mcphee, hopefully will be able to play loose against the lions, or stand in the way of brown and take a few grabs.

I dunno about hall against port. He needs to put a whole game together, port have a decent backline and play well at the scg. Well at least they won there last year.

i dont know about Pav at skilled. although scarlett will probably go to tarrent, with perhaps egan on pav?

Im tossing up between lewis, mcphee, brown and volt.

i can choose to focus on fixing eitther my backline or centre

backline
c.cornes
h.shaw
d.milburn
l.gilbee
d.wirrpunda
j.adcock
j.smith

for some reason i dont trust wirrpunda even though he can always get 80-100, and for some reason i really want mcphee. the only trade i could do there is gilbee-mcphee but gilbee should lift

centre
c.judd
c.burce
b.johnson
m.rischitelli
n.van berlo
d.kerr

this week i will upgrade ben johnson to someone like cross/stanton/soctland.cornes
then i can do
rishcitelli- thompson/goodwin
van berlo- knights/salopek
and i'd say my midfield would be good them

rucks
sandilands
hudson
well arnt these two ordinary
if i can find enough cash i might find a way to get lade instead of hudson when lades price goes down

forwards
b.johnson
p.chapman
m.pavlich
l.franklin
g.ablett jnr
b.hall
al.davey

i am very happy with my forward line, although for just 40,00 i could upgrade franklin (who like wirrpunda i don't trust) to scot lucas)

and with only 12 trades left im not looking so good

I was thinking of getting Winderlich this week, as he is going absolutely nuts and is still a steal, though not for much longer. Only thing is, when J. Johnson came back into the midfield his score almost halved. It went back up the next week when Johnson was a bit quiet, but now that Johnson AND Campo are in the side, do you think he will no longer rack up the possessions?

Opinions?

just wondering, my team after round 10 barring anymore injuries (already have had 7)
Backs: Lockyer, McPhee, J.Bowden, Birchall, Adcock, Kosi, Smith (Ellis, Riggio)
Centres: S.Thompson, Mitchell, McLean, Power, Pendlebury, Foley (Hadley, Thomas)
Rucks: Sandilands, Darcy (Hudson, Griffin)
Forwards: B.Johnson, Chapman, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Hall, Riewoldt, Lucas (Campbell, Hughes)
i will only have 6 trades for 12 rounds and have 100k left.
thoughts???
in trouble or able to finish in the top 1000 (currently 1500's)??

just wondering, my team after round 10 barring anymore injuries (already have had 7)
Backs: Lockyer, McPhee, J.Bowden, Birchall, Adcock, Kosi, Smith (Ellis, Riggio)
Centres: S.Thompson, Mitchell, McLean, Power, Pendlebury, Foley (Hadley, Thomas)
Rucks: Sandilands, Darcy (Hudson, Griffin)
Forwards: B.Johnson, Chapman, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Hall, Riewoldt, Lucas (Campbell, Hughes)
i will only have 6 trades for 12 rounds and have 100k left.
thoughts???
in trouble or able to finish in the top 1000??

I'd say you'll struggle... 6 trades is still few for an almost perfect team, and whilst your team is decent it's not even near almost perfect...

top 1000 would be a stretch I would think, but you wouldn't be too far off if you miss it.

What the hell???

i thought cleve hughes would play alot of the year and he has been in decent form kicking 6 goals in 3 games for a team who CANT KICK GOALS!!

why the hell did he get dropped??

to make things worse, tom hawkins was also dropped...i dunno why??

this leaves me with no reserve forwards...and my real strength in this game is my depth but my forwardline is on a knifes edge now??

what am i to do about this???

My Coaches Box pn AFL.com has suddenly vanished completely (even though it is still listed as Enabled in my profile).

Anyone else having this problem??

Anyone else EVER had this problem??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell???

i thought cleve hughes would play alot of the year and he has been in decent form kicking 6 goals in 3 games for a team who CANT KICK GOALS!!

why the hell did he get dropped??

to make things worse, tom hawkins was also dropped...i dunno why??

this leaves me with no reserve forwards...and my real strength in this game is my depth but my forwardline is on a knifes edge now??

what am i to do about this???

my take on hughes is that they r traveling twice, he is a big man, thought they woudl rest him. Adeliade have a brilliant backline, so he may struggle. he will be back next week.

dw bout it.

thoughts on whether to start A.Edwards or Al.Davey? I'm thinking of choosing Edwards over Davey for the first time this year... Reason: last 3 rounds average is in his favour 74.3 v 66 (plus, I like how he's playing too)

thoughts on whether to start A.Edwards or Al.Davey? I'm thinking of choosing Edwards over Davey for the first time this year... Reason: last 3 rounds average is in his favour 74.3 v 66 (plus, I like how he's playing too)

yeah seems to be finding his feet in the side. I think he has more chance of getting a big score than davey cos of his marking ability. They look for him a lot and the roos r in good touch.

For davey, he probably plays better when lloyd is in the team, will feed off him well. But dons arent in the best touch, and the lions backs are probably better than the blues.

id go edwards.

Who would you keep - Josh Kennedy or Cleve Hughes? One will make way for Riewoldt while the other will be a back up for the rest of the season. Who will be most likely to see more game time?

this is probably a stupid question, but the forecast on saturday is late showers. saying it does rain, would it be better to get riewoldt (b/e 50) next week?? last time he played in slippery conditions he got 36??

How many people are waiting for sundays lineups to be finalised, or more specifially waiting for Melbournes lineup.

To Pettard or not to Pettard?????

Meh, I've gone the Smithwagon, my backline needs a bit of straightening up anyway. I don't want to wait until tonight and the site goes down. Plus last week I had trouble finding the Sunday teams until about 7:15.

If Petterd does play, then next week, I'll look to see how Houli or another cheap player has gone.

Im going to do the Riggio to Smith trade so i have actually got an playing emerg in my backs (other emerg is Ellis), was half thinking of doing something like Birchall to Smith for the cash but not so sure, i want a playing emerg tho i think!

Sooooooooo

The other trades i am considering are

Davey to Rivolt
or
Rodan to Goodwin/or maybe even if Goodes if Goodes can pick it up a bit..
or
Hudson to Lade..

What are peoples thoughts on these trades, what would be the sweetest

Im coming bout 180 sumthin overall n wld like to try n stay around that mark, 15 trades left

Im going to do the Riggio to Smith trade so i have actually got an playing emerg in my backs (other emerg is Ellis), was half thinking of doing something like Birchall to Smith for the cash but not so sure, i want a playing emerg tho i think!

Sooooooooo

The other trades i am considering are

Davey to Rivolt
or
Rodan to Goodwin/or maybe even if Goodes if Goodes can pick it up a bit..
or
Hudson to Lade..

What are peoples thoughts on these trades, what would be the sweetest

Im coming bout 180 sumthin overall n wld like to try n stay around that mark, 15 trades left

personally i would get Goodwin, everyone thought he would win the brownlow last year, he is a superstar and this is the cheapest he will ever be. He showed some great signs against brisbane and looks like he has hit his straps.:thumbsu:

Yeh Im a goody fan, have had him most years in my DT and it is very tempting to pick him up now....

Hard decsion to make, I would love to upgrade my rucks at some stage but i guess that can go on the backburner for a round or 2..

Thx spence for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back