AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a fair few of you folks are on your way to being reported and yellow cards. The last few pages are not what the board is for. It's why this thread is in it's 4th incarnation.

Tips for the day:
- take your "battles" to Bay 13 if you want to sledge
- if you don't have the maturity to hold back, and you really don't like the way folks post, do the board a favour and add them to your ignore list

Thoughts on Brent Reilly? Currently 296k and falling.

Could be a nice replacement for Wellingham in a couple of weeks. I am at a stage I really won't be able to afford spending too much, got ruck issues to fix first.

6th mid and is more than capable.

Could be a nice replacement for Wellingham in a couple of weeks. I am at a stage I really won't be able to afford spending too much, got ruck issues to fix first.

DT09 for mine, he was a great prospect at the start of the year and looked likely to take the next step. Since his wrist injury he has had other niggling injuries and just can't seem to get the body back to 100% he is an excellent prospect at his price but if possible find some cash soemwhere else and get on corey in a couple of weeks.

DT09 for mine, he was a great prospect at the start of the year and looked likely to take the next step. Since his wrist injury he has had other niggling injuries and just can't seem to get the body back to 100% he is an excellent prospect at his price but if possible find some cash soemwhere else and get on corey in a couple of weeks.

Already got the Cats trio + Swan/Goodes, might sit tight for a couple of weeks and see how things pan out. Also keeping a watch on Mr White as his price drops ;)

Got 2 upgrades left in me and thats it.

So cheap and is worth consisidering but IMO no.

Rielly is deffiently struggling this year with injuries.

To injury prone for me but should be a good pickup next year.

He could lead you to another trade if something serious happens.

what to do? what to do?

i am sooooooooo stuck!! my team was setup perfectly and then 3 major injuries and a minor in the same week has killed me...i have salopek, cornes, burgoyne and armfield (obviously as emerg)

salopek i can cover for a few weeks with cotchin or wellingham...but my bacline has been mutilated in the space of one round

i only have 3 trades left and $55, 000

i was thinking of trading burgoyne and then using armfield for a week or 2, but now he is injured too...

1) should i bare a 0 this week and hope cornes is back after the break?

or

2) use 2 trades and get rid of burgoyne and cornes??

Boys Chad will play so don't fuss...Do any of you realise how much this bloke wears his heart on his sleeve, loves playing for his club and hates missing games!
I am also in a major dillema......struck down by injuries just as my team was looking solid

Burgoyne 2 weeks- meaning he really only misses 1 game....so i need SDT to get a game...or i downgrade him for say a T.Collier (just heresay) and play him instead of copping a zero...or i just take the zero which i am considering... i mean i scored 1957 and that was with.

Burgoyne 42
Cornes 44
Salopek 44
S.Thompson Captain 59(118)
Deledio 51
Burton 59

So a zero might not be to detrimental!
Need Valenti to play to substitute for Salopek and i mite be alrite..Let's hope SDT had a ripper in the ressies!

Lachie Hansen seems to have cemented his spot in the Roos team according to Board members. May take SDT's spot(for rest of year) IMO. Won't need him though if Chad plays. J. Smith and J. Sinclair to resume playing in a weeks time as well so even if Hansen plays up forward, SDT's chances aren't looking good...
You never know with Laidley though!

Lachie Hansen seems to have cemented his spot in the Roos team according to Board members. May take SDT's spot(for rest of year) IMO. Won't need him though if Chad plays. J. Smith and J. Sinclair to resume playing in a weeks time as well so even if Hansen plays up forward, SDT's chances aren't looking good...
Heard this too many times to actually believe it. SDT had cemented his spot over the preseason too. No-one is safe under Laidley, not even Jess Sinclair. The next Roos player I pick will be Glenn Archer's grandson, and even then it's only if I have no other options.

Good to see Lenny Hayes is a big chance to play this weekend. The hammy is fine apparantly and it was only back spasms that was causing tightness. I need the great man to fire!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what caused the back spasms? If they haven't fixed that, surely there's a chance he'll come down with back related hamstring problems again? TBH, I would have thought a simple hamstring strain would be easier to get over than a back related problem?

Would be a miracle, he has played how many games this year? Don't trust anything Laidley says or thinks.

Already got the Cats trio + Swan/Goodes, might sit tight for a couple of weeks and see how things pan out. Also keeping a watch on Mr White as his price drops ;)

Got 2 upgrades left in me and thats it.

IMO, sam mitchellis a very good buy, hes cheap and i think is about 322k, you also want to sit tight for the next few weeks u said, so my other great buy ion a few weeks would be kane knornes, having scored a 60 and 70 in the last two weeks, could be very cheap at about 350k, then again i am a crap DTer so this could be nonense

Heard this too many times to actually believe it. SDT had cemented his spot over the preseason too. No-one is safe under Laidley, not even Jess Sinclair. The next Roos player I pick will be Glenn Archer's grandson, and even then it's only if I have no other options.

:confused:

Jess Sinclair has been injured.

But yes, Hansen/SDT are far from certain starters every week. I guess Obst, Watt, Hansen and SDT can't all be in the one team as they can play similar roles. Obst can't travel due to an injury so he will be out this week, SDT most likely to take his place.

IMO, sam mitchellis a very good buy, hes cheap and i think is about 322k

Can anyone remember why Mitchell only scored 48 last time they played WCE though?

Was this the Kerr "nut punch" game when he was playing with a quad injury???

Although looking at last years fixture it must've been Round 9 at Aurora Stadium so I don't think it was the Kerr incident game.

Good to see Lenny Hayes is a big chance to play this weekend. The hammy is fine apparantly and it was only back spasms that was causing tightness. I need the great man to fire!

Source?

I'm not saying you are bullshitting but just want to know if it was an article or word of mouth. Lenny is important in my side and I need him playing!!

Source?

I'm not saying you are bullshitting but just want to know if it was an article or word of mouth. Lenny is important in my side and I need him playing!!

yer its true. i would give him a 60/40% chance of playing:thumbsu: but if he doesnt he will only miss one game because of the split round:thumbsu:

Yeah the Hayes thing is true. Can recall them saying something about it as early as last Saturday night.

With Goodes out this week I'll really need him to line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back