AFL Dream Team 2008: Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about trading Burgoyne for Myers or someone of similar value? Now before you all bite my head off and say you've missed the boat you idiot if you just think about it it does make a bit of sense; Burgoyne is no guarantee to come back and if he does who knows what role Choco will give him so by doing this you could trade to a player who will most likely avergae similar to burgoyne plus picking up 100 grand in the process, thoughts?

What about trading Burgoyne for Myers or someone of similar value? Now before you all bite my head off and say you've missed the boat you idiot if you just think about it it does make a bit of sense; Burgoyne is no guarantee to come back and if he does who knows what role Choco will give him so by doing this you could trade to a player who will most likely avergae similar to burgoyne plus picking up 100 grand in the process, thoughts?

I think Meyers will be a very popular selection this week:thumbsu: Choosing out of Cornes and Burgoyne, if you have them both like i do, will be a popular dilemma too!!

With all the backline problems this year i don't think it will matter all that much, i am trading Waters to an $83K player this week and then playing Myers for the rest of the season as like you i belive that Myers will average there abouts as what the rest of the backs will. So i don't think it's a bad move, the only other option is upgrading him to Makie, but for me this isn't an option as i don't have the money in the bank. But if you have a bench player that is playing i don't belive there is any need to trade as Burgoyne may only miss one with the split round, but as you sayed you never know with Choco...

I think Meyers will be a very popular selection this week:thumbsu: Choosing out of Cornes and Burgoyne, if you have them both like i do, will be a popular dilemma too!!

Yeah i have them both with only 6 trades and 6k spare, im thinking of burgoyne to myers and chad to mackie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey matt73.

Just wondering what trades are you doing this week because you do have P.Burg, Chad and Goodes (like me but i also have Salopek).

Are you going to trade them out and if so for who?

This is exactly what i did two weeks ago with Bradshaw, got Myers who at that stage was 170k from Bradshaw who was 290k. Got me 120k without, IMO, loosing any points. It looks like Myers could average around 70 from the rest of the year and that fine by me with the backline being very uncertain and weak.

I don't mind it at all, maybe a few week late though. You'd only be loosing 5-10 points between Myers and Burgoyne but have 100k to spend elsewhere. Though this will mean Myers will have to be a keeper no matter what happens which is kind of a risk considering he is a rookie.

Hey matt73.

Just wondering what trades are you doing this week because you do have P.Burg, Chad and Goodes (like me but i also have Salopek).

Are you going to trade them out and if so for who?

I also have Armfield and Houli which is killing me!! Will have to wait and see if Chad (or by some miracle Edwards) is selected or not. My first instinct is to trade one of my emergencies to Meyers or even Bassett to sure up my backline a bit. I have a decent amount of spare cash available!! In my midfield i think i will have to see if Lonergan is selected or not. If he is i will just wear his lower score this week until Goodes comes back (hopefully Houli comes back soon as a solid backup!!)

This is exactly what i did two weeks ago with Bradshaw, got Myers who at that stage was 170k from Bradshaw who was 290k. Got me 120k without, IMO, loosing any points. It looks like Myers could average around 70 from the rest of the year and that fine by me with the backline being very uncertain and weak.

I don't mind it at all, maybe a few week late though. You'd only be loosing 5-10 points between Myers and Burgoyne but have 100k to spend elsewhere. Though this will mean Myers will have to be a keeper no matter what happens which is kind of a risk considering he is a rookie.[/quote]

Yeah this is my only concern, my reserves are SDT and Proud, plus i have King I spose ill just wait for the teams to come out in a couple of hours and re-asses what I can do, if im lucky SDT and Proud will both get a game and it wont really be a problem.

I also have Armfield and Houli which is killing me!! Will have to wait and see if Chad (or by some miracle Edwards) is selected or not. My first instinct is to trade one of my emergencies to Meyers or even Bassett to sure up my backline a bit. I have a decent amount of spare cash available!! In my midfield i think i will have to see if Lonergan is selected or not. If he is i will just wear his lower score this week until Goodes comes back (hopefully Houli comes back soon as a solid backup!!)

There is no way he will be dropped. I don't think Houli will be back this week but after the break is more likley.

Ok thanks for that.

Just a question are you still in the eliminator??

Ya think? Might be another bout of handbags at dawn, like this thread (part 4) started off with.... Although Come Get Some might be too busy on his rooting rampage!! It is the split round, after all! ;) :D

Damn straight - Wasn't actually meant to sound the way it did as I look back on it. Was just trying to make clear how little action Koudogg would get due to his computer time over the wknd! ;):D

Ya think? Might be another bout of handbags at dawn, like this thread (part 4) started off with.... Although Come Get Some might be too busy on his rooting rampage!! It is the split round, after all! ;) :D

Given the nature of recent posts regarding the off-field exploits of certain members on this site recently, I suggest there be a dreamteam created of a different kind next year. Perhaps the scoring system could go something like this:

1 point for getting a root...
2 points for sleeping with a married woman with big ****
3 points for shagging a recognised A-grade celebrity
4 points for a double act with twin sisters
-1 point for a an encounter with a member of the same sex
-2 points for a sexual assault or consensual sex with an aboriginal with a hair-lip...

May I suggest you take Come Get Some as your lock-in captain and start KouDogg as your first emergency until he gets away from the f****n computer...

Given the nature of recent posts regarding the off-field exploits of certain members on this site recently, I suggest there be a dreamteam created of a different kind next year. Perhaps the scoring system could go something like this:

1 point for getting a root...
2 points for sleeping with a married woman with big ****
3 points for shagging a recognised A-grade celebrity
4 points for a double act with twin sisters
-1 point for a an encounter with a member of the same sex
-2 points for a sexual assault or consensual sex with an aboriginal with a hair-lip...

May I suggest you take Come Get Some as your lock-in captain and start KouDogg as your first emergency until he gets away from the f****n computer...

Haha gold mate:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back