AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you pay over 400k for a player and he doesnt average you 100 points a game, you have ****ed up. Excuse my french.
So can you define a gun BB?

A few people on here have been saying "I've got X amount of guns in the forward line" etc but what's a gun?

And I have 5 players over 400k and only 3 of them averaged over 100. The other two averaged 95 and 94. Have I f****** up then?

A few people on here have been saying "I've got X amount of guns in the forward line" etc but what's a gun?

And I have 5 players over 400k and only 3 of them averaged over 100. The other two averaged 95 and 94. Have I f****** up then?

In terms of the old salary you would have but with this one you haven't. Plus right now last years averages mean little. Its what you think they will do this year

In terms of the old salary you would have but with this one you haven't. Plus right now last years averages mean little. Its what you think they will do this year

It can't mean that little because that's what the majority of people are basing their picks on!

Ok then so define a gun?

Can anyone?

Everyone seems to know how many guns they have but nobody can define the term for me :confused:

It can't mean that little because that's what the majority of people are basing their picks on!

Ok then so define a gun?

Can anyone?

Everyone seems to know how many guns they have but nobody can define the term for me :confused:

Buttt not every player will score the same. In fact im sure plenty of players will score no where near their averages.

I don't think a team will do well if they completely base there team on last years averages

depends. they may not have averaged over 100 last year but you may be anticipating that theyd step up this season to that mark.

I like to define a "gun" as a player that you can trust as your captain. For instance last year i finished the season with Chad and Kane Cornes, Lappin, Cox, Pavlich, Ablett, B Johnson, J Brown and Riewoldt as players who id consider as captain material.

Hence consistency comes into play. All the above averaged around 100, bar Jonathan Brown who had a few off days.

Midfielder that can average 97+
Everyone else that can average 90+

Hows that for a definition of a gun?

Sounds pretty narrow to me but I'm not sure. I'm beginning to think everyone will have their own idea as to what a 'gun' is. Seems to be used fairly liberally around here...

Buttt not every player will score the same. In fact im sure plenty of players will score no where near their averages.

I don't think a team will do well if they completely base there team on last years averages

Yeah I don't mean people are basing their teams totally on past averages but its always a consideration. To say it means little is selling it a bit short I think. Obviously there's injuries, drafts, age, form etc etc to consider as well.

Thoughts?

Adam McPhee
Nick Malceski
Chris Newman
Graham Johncock
Jay Nash
Tadhg Kennelly
Shannon Hurn

Daniel Cross
Marc Murphy
Brock McLean
Nick Stevens
Daniel Wells
Richard Douglas

Brad Ottens
Troy Simmonds

Matthew Pavlich
Jonathan Brown
Brett Deledio
Alan Didak
Nathan Thompson
Daniel Bradshaw
Angus Monfries

Tayte Pears
Scott Selwood
Jack Grimes
Brad Ebert
James Sellar
John Meesen
Kurt Tippett
Cyril Rioli

depends. they may not have averaged over 100 last year but you may be anticipating that theyd step up this season to that mark.

I like to define a "gun" as a player that you can trust as your captain. For instance last year i finished the season with Chad and Kane Cornes, Lappin, Cox, Pavlich, Ablett, B Johnson, J Brown and Riewoldt as players who id consider as captain material.

Hence consistency comes into play. All the above averaged around 100, bar Jonathan Brown who had a few off days.
Yeah that makes a lot more sense to me but it just goes to show that everyone has slightly different ideas about it.

I guess at this stage I'm not too sure how many guns I've got.

Potentially I've got arseloads :D

Thoughts?

Adam McPhee
Nick Malceski
Chris Newman
Graham Johncock
Jay Nash
Tadhg Kennelly
Shannon Hurn

Daniel Cross
Marc Murphy
Brock McLean
Nick Stevens
Daniel Wells
Richard Douglas

Brad Ottens
Troy Simmonds - If you don't have Cox, you're screwed. Trust me. Ask anyone.

Matthew Pavlich
Jonathan Brown
Brett Deledio
Alan Didak
Nathan Thompson
Daniel Bradshaw - Bit of a risk having these two knee recos in the same forward line I think.
Angus Monfries

Tayte Pears
Scott Selwood
Jack Grimes
Brad Ebert
James Sellar
John Meesen
Kurt Tippett
Cyril Rioli

Otherwise, looks really good.

Do you post this team once a day or something? I feel like I've commented on it half a dozen times and it doesn't seem to change much :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to add to that interview with Worsfold.....He said they'd be quite a few players not playing in the NAB Cup for a variety of reasons but at this stage he thought only Butler and McKenzie wouldn't be ready for round 1.
I'll be watching closely to see who will replace Cousins, Judd, Rowan Jones and Chick. There are a few opportunities for midfielders. Unfortunately this year's number 3 pick Chris Masten has been suspended for the duration of the NAB Cup so we won't be seeing him but it will be interesting to see if Hurn, Armstrong, McNamara or LeCras get a run.

Just to add to that interview with Worsfold.....He said they'd be quite a few players not playing in the NAB Cup for a variety of reasons but at this stage he thought only Butler and McKenzie wouldn't be ready for round 1.
I'll be watching closely to see who will replace Cousins, Judd, Rowan Jones and Chick. There are a few opportunities for midfielders. Unfortunately this year's number 3 pick Chris Masten has been suspended for the duration of the NAB Cup so we won't be seeing him but it will be interesting to see if Hurn, Armstrong, McNamara or LeCras get a run.

what about Nicoski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back