AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not too sure about pendlebury this year. is there a chance that he might get tagged? if so, who would be better option around about his price?

IMO, he'll be tagged out last year considering his impact in the latter of 07. The only problem is that his silky skills and smart footy brain may still make him a good selection.

PS, don't know whos in the same price range... haven't started looking at prices until it is official from AFL DT website.

Which do you think is the better option?

Shaun Burgoyne + Robert Murphy,
OR
Simon Goodwin + Mark Lecras + 40k

I'm definitely leaning towards the second one.

I'm actually leaning towards the first. I think Burgoyne may just average more than Goodwin as Goodwin will play more of a forward role. Murphy should average atleast 10-15 more than Lecras. I'd go for the first.

3 Spots left in my fan footy league get in now

code 1006981413
league Kane Cornes league

Get in now and see how you go against my super side
IF U DARE:thumbsu:

Hey I realise this may seem a stupid question, but as Im not 100% sure, Im going to ask anyway.

Im picking my bench players, and my question is this, players listed as rookies can not play in the afl season, am I correct? Therefore picking them would be effectively a waste of a pick, and would only be done as a money saver option correct?

Also, apart from Jamison from Carlton, is there any other listed rookies that are eligble to play senior footy this year? And is the only way for them to play senior footy is if someone is put on the long term injury list, and then they are promoted?

Thanks for any advice.

Herald sun team any comments

Backs
Bowden
Milburn
Waters
Walker
Symes
Ellis
Nicoski
Lonegran
S.Selwood

Centre
Cornes
Salopek
Stevens
Swallow
Scotland
Prismall
Hocking
Ebert

Ruck
Cox
Simmonds
Kruezer
F Deluca

Fowards
Chapman
NG Brown
Fevola
Koschitzke
Didak
Cockshell
Jetta
C Ryoli
Morton (hawks)

Any thoughts
:confused:

Herald sun team any comments

Backs
Bowden
Milburn
Waters
Walker
Symes
Ellis
Nicoski
Lonegran
S.Selwood

Centre
Cornes
Salopek
Stevens
Swallow
Scotland
Prismall
Hocking
Ebert

Ruck
Cox
Simmonds
Kruezer
F Deluca

Fowards
Chapman
NG Brown
Fevola
Koschitzke
Didak
Cockshell
Jetta
C Ryoli
Morton (hawks)

Any thoughts
:confused:

Few too many risky players in your team is what I'm thinking...

teammm.jpg

Yes this is from SuperCoach, but is basically the same team i intend to use in DT. Fits the cap.

Thoughts on this side?

Cornes and Cox are expensive, But worth it, at least Cox is.

I have both. But Chad is 630... that is a lot.

I have thompson atm, he is cheap, and should rise in price, after all he is the roos best forward.

Dew sucks ;)

Isn't there a separate thread for Supercoach?? :eek: Why doesn't everyone confine their comments to the appropriate thread? Very different games, so very different discussions. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

il throw some names at you guys, they are all people you havnt considered and will be major roughies

Tredrea - Could be good, probably wont.
Bate - Definitely considered him as a roughie, shows promise
Cloke - which one?
Wojinski - Hasn't proven himself to be a consistent fantasy performer
Milburn - i wouldn't really call him a roughie - he is a consistent gun. you could choose him to differentiate your team from the majority on here though, like i did last year. But my only concern is that he is towards the end of his career so i'll keep away for now.
Johnstone - definitely a roughie, but could hit it big in the "protected" brisbane midfield

Ill throw up some more names
Brent Rielly - Hmm, i'd consider punting on him to step up. Picked him up late last year after he came back from injury, and he managed a few great games.
Burton - Hmm, too risky for my liking. Not enough upside imo
Hadley - Nah
Houli - There are better options. Not the worst young player by any means
Shammer - Steer clear
Tim Clarke (hawthorn) - Unsure
Scott Thompson (roos) - Looks alright, could be a good bench player
Logan - Unsure
Aaron Davey - I thought about him, but..history shows he is inconsistent
Leigh Fisher - A good roughie pick. Could do quite well
Mcnamara - Shh! Keep him quiet! I loved his game against the Dockers on sunday. showed guts. He's in my team (highlight)
Polo - One hit wonder?
Griffen - Unsure

Some gems in here people overlook. Definitely, but if they want to simply make carbon copies of everyone else's team then just let them. A couple of well picked roughies can catapult you above the pack.

My thoughts in bold.

Not as far as I know.

cheers monty :thumbsu:

while ive got the chance great site mate, and keep up the great work, be lost without fanfooty :)

if u do hear any news on whether theyll be stats available for those matches could u please make a general announcement :thumbsu:

muchly appreciated monty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cheers monty :thumbsu:

while ive got the chance great site mate, and keep up the great work, be lost without fanfooty :)

if u do hear any news on whether theyll be stats available for those matches could u please make a general announcement :thumbsu:

muchly appreciated monty

I read on another thread that champion data were doing the stats for the NAB Challange matches. there was a link in the prospectus to sign up for the free stats being sent to you via e-mail. :thumbsu:. But we will have to wait and see..

Ricky Dyson @ $200K

How much time in the midfield?

Too much time for my liking!!! :(

Knights is a Dyson fan. I'm not. I think he's soft as baby poo. But he is fit and Knights is gonna give him a run. But I reckon there are a few other young Bombers coming on who, by about round 8, will see Ricky playing mostly for Bendigo for the rest of the year/his career.

If you asked Ricky himself whether he should be in your DT side, he'd probably say No. He is not even sure he belongs in Essendon's best 22.

Don't even contemplate him in Supercoach. Very sloppy skills.

I read on another thread that champion data were doing the stats for the NAB Challange matches. there was a link in the prospectus to sign up for the free stats being sent to you via e-mail. :thumbsu:. But we will have to wait and see..

yeh buit with the prospectus email, i havent even recieved one from the first week of NAB cup??

yeh buit with the prospectus email, i havent even recieved one from the first week of NAB cup??

It might be because it's pretty easy to get the stats for the NAB cup. This week will be the first week of the NAB challenge cup, and that's what I think they'll be providing stats for. Wouldn't be too concerned about no email this week.

I'm actually leaning towards the first. I think Burgoyne may just average more than Goodwin as Goodwin will play more of a forward role. Murphy should average atleast 10-15 more than Lecras. I'd go for the first.

I doubt that Burgoyne will average more (Goodwin averaged some 96 in the games he wasn't injured) - but even so, I could upgrade Goodwin to a Hodge/Mitchell/Cross.

A few player v player here, all roughly the same price
S.Johnson v Chapman Riewoldt
Mattner v Symes
McNamara v Palmer hard to pick. nab cup will reveal more
N.Jones v Gibbs + 50k there are better options
Mundy v M.Johnson there are better options
Deledio v D.Thomas
Vince v Jetta
jetta's inconstistant. nab cup will reveal more

thoughts in bold

Status
Not open for further replies.