AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks fans.

How does Jacobs retirement effect the guys down in the Hawkas backline, especially in relation to Birchall and Guerra.

Will this free Birch up or does he already play that sweeping role across HB.

Just interested in the knock on effect if any from losing Jacobs.

Hawks fans.

How does Jacobs retirement effect the guys down in the Hawkas backline, especially in relation to Birchall and Guerra.

Will this free Birch up or does he already play that sweeping role across HB.

Just interested in the knock on effect if any from losing Jacobs.

Not at all really, I didn't see jacobs in our starting 18 anyway.

A response from the AFL re DT opening (after sending them an email today)

"Thank you for your email dated 13 Mar regarding Dream Team Competition
on AFL Website.

The AFL are awaiting the final lottery permit approval before opening
the competition. This permit should be received in the next few days. I
do apologise for the delay."

The apology makes me feel all warm and fuzzy..........not.

A response from the AFL re DT opening (after sending them an email today)

"Thank you for your email dated 13 Mar regarding Dream Team Competition
on AFL Website.

The AFL are awaiting the final lottery permit approval before opening
the competition. This permit should be received in the next few days. I
do apologise for the delay."

The apology makes me feel all warm and fuzzy..........not.
Strange question, but DT being a lottery makes all winning tax-exempt does it not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange question, but DT being a lottery makes all winning tax-exempt does it not?

Someone on another thread posted that AFL Boss Andrew Demtriu stated that Dreamteam would not be opening this year due to they couldn't find a major sponsor and thast Dreamteam fans would have to wait till next season aslong as they could find a sponsor. The post has since been deleted and the Mods closed the thread down, so i personaly dont belive this but hey who knows.I cant remeber the poster either.

Someone on another thread posted that AFL Boss Andrew Demtriu stated that Dreamteam would not be opening this year due to they couldn't find a major sponsor and thast Dreamteam fans would have to wait till next season aslong as they could find a sponsor. The post has since been deleted and the Mods closed the thread down, so i personaly dont belive this but hey who knows.I cant remeber the poster either.

Yeah, but where was any proof of anything?

I could say that Demitru told me he loves bunnies... doesn;t make it true...

Yeah, but where was any proof of anything?

I could say that Demitru told me he loves bunnies... doesn;t make it true...

No, from what i remember there was no proof, but the poster did provide a link to an alternative Dreamteam site, I looked at the page refreshed and the last 5 or so posts were deleted...

The poster supposedly quoted Demetriou but did it with incorrect spelling and grammar. He was clearly lying and simply trying to poach people for the other game.

havent read the last few pages but enyone noticed the new 'sponsors' logo at the top right of the afl.com.au webpage..u guy sprob have.....they show at least 5 sponsors (carlton draught, coca cola, medibank, sportsbet, playstation, etc) ..im pretty sure they hav found enough sponsors so if DT isnt up tomorrow im seriously going to be confused.

havent read the last few pages but enyone noticed the new 'sponsors' logo at the top right of the afl.com.au webpage..u guy sprob have.....they show at least 5 sponsors (carlton draught, coca cola, medibank, sportsbet, playstation, etc) ..im pretty sure they hav found enough sponsors so if DT isnt up tomorrow im seriously going to be confused.

On the sponsor side of things, you would think that even if the AFL dont find a sponsor for DT they would still open the competition and give prizes because of the amount of traffic it brings to the site

Now back to the footy. And by the way it's pleasant not having to put up with RT every second post for the last 20 odd pages...loser.:p

The most trouble i am having is with the forwards.Usually i like to pick those forwards which spend time on the half forward flank or in the midfield (however rare they are). A couple of names popped up which i think could do quite well.

S.JOHNSON (Geel) and
A.DAVEY (Mel).

DAVEY does spend time on the half forward flank and has the ability to rack em up big time.
S.JOHNSON-i dont think his price will go up during the season but still manages plenty of possessions and loves a goal (that is if he can stay out of trouble with the fuzz).

Now back to the footy. And by the way it's pleasant not having to put up with RT every second post for the last 20 odd pages...loser.:p

The most trouble i am having is with the forwards.Usually i like to pick those forwards which spend time on the half forward flank or in the midfield (however rare they are). A couple of names popped up which i think could do quite well.

S.JOHNSON (Geel) and
A.DAVEY (Mel).

DAVEY does spend time on the half forward flank and has the ability to rack em up big time.
S.JOHNSON-i dont think his price will go up during the season but still manages plenty of possessions and loves a goal (that is if he can stay out of trouble with the fuzz).

yet to see this my man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back